Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    edited February 2020
    All you folks who are getting beat out, please send an email to Ticketmaster Customer Service and let them know about the flaw in their program.  There is no clock that keeps the tickets in your possession temporarily while you are purchasing like there is with a regular Ticketmaster transaction.  This will not be fixed it they do not know.
    Post edited by RF123172 on
  • But this is a stupid waste of time for everyone (btw I'm wasting my time too, so I'm certainly not critical of anyone doing it, just the system).  Why don't they collect all the tickets that people want to sell back and do another lottery (or just release them all at once one time a day and have their stupid queue system up and running and it be luck of the draw).  I realize that supply and demand dictate that we can't all get seats and I can live with that, and I know PJ wants to stop scalpers, but there has to be a better way than having their biggest fans spend hour after hour just refreshing their screen. At some point I am going to have to try and get work done.....
  • RF123172 said:
    All you folks who are getting beat out, please send an email to Ticketmaster Customer Service and let them know about the flaw in their program.  There is no clock that keeps the tickets in your possession while you are purchasing like there is with a regular Ticketmaster transaction.  This will not be fixed it they do not know.
    As long as someone is buying the tickets I doubt they care who.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
    RF123172 said:
    All you folks who are getting beat out, please send an email to Ticketmaster Customer Service and let them know about the flaw in their program.  There is no clock that keeps the tickets in your possession while you are purchasing like there is with a regular Ticketmaster transaction.  This will not be fixed it they do not know.
    They care enough on every other transaction to put this in their program.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited February 2020
    RF123172 said:
    All you folks who are getting beat out, please send an email to Ticketmaster Customer Service and let them know about the flaw in their program.  There is no clock that keeps the tickets in your possession temporarily while you are purchasing like there is with a regular Ticketmaster transaction.  This will not be fixed it they do not know.
    I thought of this too. This is new and it's possible this a mistake on their part.  Otherwise it's just sociopath behavior.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    RF123172 said:
    RF123172 said:
    I've also notified Ten Club of this flaw and asked if they know who to contact at Ticketmaster.  I realize this may be a waste of time.  But it is not as much of a waste of time as complaining to each other about it.  We need to at least try to do something.
  • Also, is it wrong that I'm starting to look forward to the captcha screen?  It's like a game/break from the monotony of refresh -- I have stockholm syndrome now with Ticketmaster's system!
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    I've gotten a couple of 99% on the captcha, Im pretty happy with myself.
  • I'm looking for 1 ticket to the Ottawa Show. I'll take anywhere (not behind the stage) for Face Value!  I'm hoping that they can sort this mess out! 
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Just a little confused. No instructions from TM or 10C on how to use this new service. How do I sell two tickets?

am I forced to just keep refreshing if I want to buy?  

This has been poorly communicated to say the least. 
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • RF123172 said:
    RF123172 said:
    I thought the only clock that they have running is making you complete your transaction in a certain amount of time? I don’t think it holds them because I have definitely reached the end of a transaction before only to be told someone else beat me to it. During a normal sale that is
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Yep refreshing up until the day of the show for possible fan to fan drops... Sucks but it's the way it is 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,521
    RF123172 said:
    I thought of this too. This is new and it's possible this a mistake on their part.  Otherwise it's just sociopath behavior.

Probably not a flaw. TM is using the resale template (not the initial general public onsale tickets) for this exchange and there has never been a reason to put expensive resale tix in one buyer's cart with a countdown until now.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    edited February 2020
    Anyone looking for OAK night 1. Just put up SEC 113 row 5. Not sure how quick it will be up.

Edit: 3 mins.
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • PJNB said:
    Anyone looking for OAK night 1. Just put up SEC 113 row 5. Not sure how quick it will be up.
    you were able to post it afterall?
    PJNB said:
    you were able to post it afterall?
    Should have clarified a bit since I have been posting in a couple of threads. A great friend from the states helped me out. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    asacks81 said:
    But this is a stupid waste of time for everyone (btw I'm wasting my time too, so I'm certainly not critical of anyone doing it, just the system).  Why don't they collect all the tickets that people want to sell back and do another lottery (or just release them all at once one time a day and have their stupid queue system up and running and it be luck of the draw).  I realize that supply and demand dictate that we can't all get seats and I can live with that, and I know PJ wants to stop scalpers, but there has to be a better way than having their biggest fans spend hour after hour just refreshing their screen. At some point I am going to have to try and get work done.....
    Because it is a service designed to also help people who need to sell, not just buy. There is no way to collect tickets and hold a lottery when many people don't yet know they will need to sell their tickets.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    All in all 5 minute process to sell tickets. 1 minute to put info in. 3 minutes for TM to put them up and 1 to get the email they were sold. 
  • I put up 2 seats LA1, sold in 15 min (cause they were aisles and good side view)
  • crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I’ve been spinning the wheel on the verification page for about 15 min, I assume that ticket  was just a tease.    And the search continues 
  • KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 724
    Tried listing a pair just just now and see the sell button was greyed out, asked Ticketmaster and this was their response:

The option to sell can be removed at any time, we do not have control over this. You are welcome to check back at a later time, to try to sell the tickets.
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • KICK7071 said:
    Tried listing a pair just just now and see the sell button was greyed out, asked Ticketmaster and this was their response:

The option to sell can be removed at any time, we do not have control over this. You are welcome to check back at a later time, to try to sell the tickets.
    That's weird... What show? 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • RF123172 said:

I am just picturing all the workers releasing one ticket at a time and laughing at us all 😭😭😭

• JimmyV said:
    asacks81 said:
    But this is a stupid waste of time for everyone (btw I'm wasting my time too, so I'm certainly not critical of anyone doing it, just the system).  Why don't they collect all the tickets that people want to sell back and do another lottery (or just release them all at once one time a day and have their stupid queue system up and running and it be luck of the draw).  I realize that supply and demand dictate that we can't all get seats and I can live with that, and I know PJ wants to stop scalpers, but there has to be a better way than having their biggest fans spend hour after hour just refreshing their screen. At some point I am going to have to try and get work done.....
    Because it is a service designed to also help people who need to sell, not just buy. There is no way to collect tickets and hold a lottery when many people don't yet know they will need to sell their tickets.  
    I disagree with this, you could daily say we're posting all newly listed tix at 10AM, and have everyone look at that time to see if there are new tix available.  Then we'd all login at 10, try to get to the front of the line (just like the public onsale date) and cross our fingers.  If the tix didn't sell they could remain listed until they sold, but nothing new would be listed until 10AM the next day and we could all spend our time doing other things.  I don't see who doesn't benefit from this system, unless you think sellers would be harmed but not having their tix listed until 10AM the following day which I suppose there is some de minimis harm but I think it is far outweighed by the pain on the buyers end associated with wasting our lives away hitting F5.

Also, in the future why doesn't PJ get ticketmaster to agree to sell tix back to 10C if 10C had excess demand.  You couldn't wait until day before the show as people need to make travel plans, etc., but what if 10C had an option to select when putting in for tix that said, if you miss out on first lottery, you can elect to automatically be entered into a second lottery for resale tix.  Then, to the extent of excess demand, 10C agrees with ticketmaster to purchase all excess tix that are "returned", including fees, and then runs a lottery to distribute them to those that missed out on the first lottery, perhaps two weeks before the show or something.  Just another idea of how to make this pain go away.....

• Nashville uppers on F2F now
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • PS I just missed another baltimore (got to checkout but no dice). ARRGGHHHHHHHH!!!
  • Anther Baltimore just posted... and it’s gone lol.
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    KICK7071 said:

All Canadian shows have had F2F shut down for about 1.5 hours
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    asacks81 said:
    JimmyV said:
    asacks81 said:
    I disagree with this, you could daily say we're posting all newly listed tix at 10AM, and have everyone look at that time to see if there are new tix available.  Then we'd all login at 10, try to get to the front of the line (just like the public onsale date) and cross our fingers.  If the tix didn't sell they could remain listed until they sold, but nothing new would be listed until 10AM the next day and we could all spend our time doing other things.  I don't see who doesn't benefit from this system, unless you think sellers would be harmed but not having their tix listed until 10AM the following day which I suppose there is some de minimis harm but I think it is far outweighed by the pain on the buyers end associated with wasting our lives away hitting F5.

Also, in the future why doesn't PJ get ticketmaster to agree to sell tix back to 10C if 10C had excess demand.  You couldn't wait until day before the show as people need to make travel plans, etc., but what if 10C had an option to select when putting in for tix that said, if you miss out on first lottery, you can elect to automatically be entered into a second lottery for resale tix.  Then, to the extent of excess demand, 10C agrees with ticketmaster to purchase all excess tix that are "returned", including fees, and then runs a lottery to distribute them to those that missed out on the first lottery, perhaps two weeks before the show or something.  Just another idea of how to make this pain go away.....

The pain ain’t going away, it might just fall on different people. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 724
    KICK7071 said:

Toronto
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023