Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    drod glad to be of service
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    Had Baltimore in my cart again, but too slow...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    My other half is about to post a Hamilton pair.
  • Had 2 tix in my cart.  Took me over to payment.  Asked for security code on my card.  Entered that in, then told me someone else beat me to the tickets!   HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?  IF THE TICKETS ARE IN MY SHOPPING CART, HOW CAN SOMEONE ELSE BUY THEM????
  • MSG tickets in the 200s were $500 now they’re $650+. I agree they won’t go down.
    Realistically, if you’re thinking about going to a different city because MSG is too expensive, between flight and hotel, might as well be a sucker and get MSG tickets. Unless of course, you get Baltimore which is a 2.5-3 hour drive
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Someone scored 2 GA Baltimore tix about 20 minutes ago. Congrats
    who the hell threw back GA???
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    wall232 said:
    Finally just got two for Baltimore!!!  
    Damn. You just gave me renewed hope.  There goes my productivity today
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    MSG tickets in the 200s were $500 now they’re $650+. I agree they won’t go down.
    Realistically, if you’re thinking about going to a different city because MSG is too expensive, between flight and hotel, might as well be a sucker and get MSG tickets. Unless of course, you get Baltimore which is a 2.5-3 hour drive
    You can basically fly to the 2 shows in Amsterdam in July for just a few more bucks with where the prices are at right now.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    yup....except fair market price...yea, no $500 a tic for MSG behind stage almost last row is expensive as fuck!
    But...that is what the market says it should be.  It's not like it's personal.

It's where the market for people wanting to see Pearl Jam play at MSG are willing to pay has settled.

Is this communist, government controlled distribution of goods and services bullshit really better?

it will come down in price I'm sure. but no... the same tickets have been there,  stagnating. Because it is over priced. since NY is the only market on the east coast that allows transfers it is just ridiculous.If you want 2 in GA at MSG its $5000 a pair!!! that is including a almost $500 "service fee" per ticket from stub hub!! The fact that NY and CO are  the only States that allow transfers are making the prices that much more. 
    The average sold price on StubHub for MSG has been $785, before fees.

There have been a total of 4 tickets that sold for less than $200.

I assure you, nothing is stagnating and the prices are not gonna fall.
    785 + fees= 1000+...still 450-500 available...where are you getting that average from? prices  will definetly fall as they always do

The moment any ticket more than 7 rows from ceiling drops below $700 it's gone within a day 
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Sorry if this has been answered before, its a long thread: has it been confirmed that MSG is not a part of this F2F exchange? Is it even worth refreshing the page constantly?
    I have not seen it in writing, but that is my understanding based off other posts in here. 
  • PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

Radio silence unless of course you violate a board rule. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 
  • Wouldn’t it make sense for the buyer to have the tix secure for a minute or two while they put in their info? Damn this is such a frustrating process (for the buyer). 
    yes....I can see why they might not want someone selecting a bunch of tickets and sitting on them but if the limit is four anyway why not give someone 60 seconds to block out available tickets?  Frustrating as hell
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • HH140540HH140540 Posts: 543
    Saltzy23 said:

You can basically fly to the 2 shows in Amsterdam in July for just a few more bucks with where the prices are at right now.
    This^^^
  • I got two for Hamilton 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    I wonder who’s gonna be the one who rushes through all of the screens and accidentally drops 2 grand on Vitalogy tickets without realizing it
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    yup....except fair market price...yea, no $500 a tic for MSG behind stage almost last row is expensive as fuck!

It's where the market for people wanting to see Pearl Jam play at MSG are willing to pay has settled.

Is this communist, government controlled distribution of goods and services bullshit really better?

it will come down in price I'm sure. but no... the same tickets have been there,  stagnating. Because it is over priced. since NY is the only market on the east coast that allows transfers it is just ridiculous.If you want 2 in GA at MSG its $5000 a pair!!! that is including a almost $500 "service fee" per ticket from stub hub!! The fact that NY and CO are  the only States that allow transfers are making the prices that much more. 

785 + fees= 1000+...still 450-500 available...where are you getting that average from? prices  will definetly fall as they always do

The moment any ticket more than 7 rows from ceiling drops below $700 it's gone within a day 
    I’m just hoping people are sleeping on behind the stage tickets in the lower section. They are mid 600-750 right now. If they drop around $500( I doubt it) I’ll pull the trigger. My stomach can’t take much more of this. 
  • I had these in my cart.......then the good old error message..... FML
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,301
    It’s funny how my point of relativity changed in the past month and a half. $2-300 for a single concert ticket was outrageously expensive to me. Now it seems reasonable 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know people who went 2-2, 4-4 ,3-4 etc get angry and jump on other members when they complain about this latest ticket process, but honestly this sucks. I commend PJ so much for what they’re doing. I really do. But this has shown me something I’d never expect to say. I want stubhub and the secondary market. I’m sure people here who struck out on the lottery, verified fan, gtf forum and now this would gladly pay just for peace of mind and more importantly, your time. Reading this forum and seeing how people were trying all night makes me feel bad. This is no way to try to see your favorite band. It’s still early, and hopefully everyone here eventually scores, but at what cost? 
    I went 3 for 3 and I couldn’t agree with you more. If I was trying to get tickets for a show I struck out on and had ZERO options, I’d be pretty upset going through this process. The time factor alone is well worth paying 2, 3, 4 times face value for many people. 
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    MSG tickets in the 200s were $500 now they’re $650+. I agree they won’t go down.
    They might be seeing a bit of a temporary bump as people who were holding out an irrational hope that face value MSG tickets would magically become available yesterday realize it’s not going to happen. But I agree that they’re probably not coming down significantly. 

The only outside shot at putting a real dent in the prices would be if a fall tour with NY area stops was announced before 3/30. I wouldn’t hold my breath though. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • GG267924 said:
    Anyone posting for Toronto or Hamilton pit. Need ONE EXTRA TICKET. 
    I’m looking for a single pit Toronto, but will split
    with u if I find a pair? Vice versa?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • wall232 said:
    Finally just got two for Baltimore!!!  
    Damn. You just gave me renewed hope.  There goes my productivity today
    same...
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    Great pair for Quebec up now!
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,808
    edited February 2020
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I know people who went 2-2, 4-4 ,3-4 etc get angry and jump on other members when they complain about this latest ticket process, but honestly this sucks. I commend PJ so much for what they’re doing. I really do. But this has shown me something I’d never expect to say. I want stubhub and the secondary market. I’m sure people here who struck out on the lottery, verified fan, gtf forum and now this would gladly pay just for peace of mind and more importantly, your time. Reading this forum and seeing how people were trying all night makes me feel bad. This is no way to try to see your favorite band. It’s still early, and hopefully everyone here eventually scores, but at what cost? 
    I went 3 for 3 and I couldn’t agree with you more. If I was trying to get tickets for a show I struck out on and had ZERO options, I’d be pretty upset going through this process. The time factor alone is well worth paying 2, 3, 4 times face value for many people. 
    People who have the means to buy tickets on the secondary market will always want this option, as it’s better to spend $$ than to miss out

People without the means to buy tickets on StubHub will always want face value and be mad at anything listed above that

It is an impossible situation for the band
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    nicknyr15 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:

I’m just hoping people are sleeping on behind the stage tickets in the lower section. They are mid 600-750 right now. If they drop around $500( I doubt it) I’ll pull the trigger. My stomach can’t take much more of this. 

Good luck. There was a pair for 200s row 10 IIRC, $580. Thought long about it but couldn't do it. They're long gone now, as expected 
    edited February 2020
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    People who have the means to buy tickets on the secondary market will always want this option, as it’s better to spend $$ than to miss out

People without the means to buy tickets on StubHub will always want face value and be mad at anything listed above that

It is an impossible situation for the band
    Put another way: if it’s a typical sale without transfer restrictions and I strike out, it’s because of the scalpers. If they make the tickets non-transferable and I strike out, it’s because of the lack of scalpers. 

Demand will always way exceed supply, and the people who are on the outside looking in will blame the process. All indications are that a huge portion of the tickets landed in the hands of fans who are psyched for the shows. Good on the band for getting that done. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:
    This entire thing is a shit show and something is going on. Either Ticketmaster is so incompetent or they are trying to stick it to Pearl Jam fans so we get frustrated and not want this system. 
    Or there’s way more fans trying to get tickets than there are tickets available. 
    I am trying to sell my tickets. They were up for a second then disappeared never to be seen again. Cancelled my listing and have been in pending cancelled for over 12 hours now with no access to my tickets. 

It's funny that Pearl Jam takes the time to write some senators a letter but they can't take 5 seconds to send someone on here to explain a few things and just say hey we've been in contact with Ticketmaster some glitches are going down hang tight they are working on it. 

If your're going to change a system that's fine but own that shit from start to finish. Don't just toss a Molotov cocktail into the building, pat yourself on the back and walk away. 
    I had a problem yesterday with a listing....it said listed but they weren't on map. Chatted with TM rep and they fixed it. Try chatting with TM online instead of whining and stop expecting 10C or PJ to intervene in this process. It's happening through TM and that's that. Like it or not. 

Intervene, lol
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    Given the datestamp, I assume these refer to the Verified Fan presale, but I'd not heard of this happening before:

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    PD279656 said:
    tdawe said:
    PD279656 said:

You mean the company who's only job on this planet is to sell tickets and they can't even get this right without me having to call or wait on a chat to make sure they do their job. 
    mpedone said:
    Given the datestamp, I assume these refer to the Verified Fan presale, but I'd not heard of this happening before:

Nah these are scalpers trying to sell Ticketmaster passwords to get around the transfer restrictions. And they’re not tweeting this at Pearl Jam because they’re sincerely happy about this arrangement.