Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,393
    Anyone get that last Balt?
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Anyone get that last Balt?
    nope. gone in < 15 seconds.
  • sp1984sp1984 Posts: 140
    Heh -- did better than 69% of users on that last captcha refresh... 

If you can't laugh at something at this point...
    Tampa 04/16
    Fenway 1 08/16
    Fenway 2 08/16
    Fenway 1 09/18
    Fenway 2 09/18
    PJ songs at our wedding: Love Reign O'er Me (1st dance); Sirens (last dance); Long Road (Momma-Son dance). 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,426
    KICK7071 said:
    KICK7071 said:
    Tried listing a pair just just now and see the sell button was greyed out, asked Ticketmaster and this was their response:

The option to sell can be removed at any time, we do not have control over this. You are welcome to check back at a later time, to try to sell the tickets.
    That's weird... What show? 
    Toronto
    PM'd maybe we could time TO
  • Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    sp1984 said:

nice
  • sp1984 said:

nice
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    asacks81 said:
    JimmyV said:
    asacks81 said:
    But this is a stupid waste of time for everyone (btw I'm wasting my time too, so I'm certainly not critical of anyone doing it, just the system).  Why don't they collect all the tickets that people want to sell back and do another lottery (or just release them all at once one time a day and have their stupid queue system up and running and it be luck of the draw).  I realize that supply and demand dictate that we can't all get seats and I can live with that, and I know PJ wants to stop scalpers, but there has to be a better way than having their biggest fans spend hour after hour just refreshing their screen. At some point I am going to have to try and get work done.....
    Because it is a service designed to also help people who need to sell, not just buy. There is no way to collect tickets and hold a lottery when many people don't yet know they will need to sell their tickets.  
    I disagree with this, you could daily say we're posting all newly listed tix at 10AM, and have everyone look at that time to see if there are new tix available.  Then we'd all login at 10, try to get to the front of the line (just like the public onsale date) and cross our fingers.  If the tix didn't sell they could remain listed until they sold, but nothing new would be listed until 10AM the next day and we could all spend our time doing other things.  I don't see who doesn't benefit from this system, unless you think sellers would be harmed but not having their tix listed until 10AM the following day which I suppose there is some de minimis harm but I think it is far outweighed by the pain on the buyers end associated with wasting our lives away hitting F5.

Also, in the future why doesn't PJ get ticketmaster to agree to sell tix back to 10C if 10C had excess demand.  You couldn't wait until day before the show as people need to make travel plans, etc., but what if 10C had an option to select when putting in for tix that said, if you miss out on first lottery, you can elect to automatically be entered into a second lottery for resale tix.  Then, to the extent of excess demand, 10C agrees with ticketmaster to purchase all excess tix that are "returned", including fees, and then runs a lottery to distribute them to those that missed out on the first lottery, perhaps two weeks before the show or something.  Just another idea of how to make this pain go away.....

Your first paragraph is not a bad idea, but it is not collecting all the tickets and holding a lottery, which is what you originally suggested.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Or this last one? Another failed check out here.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Anyone get that last Balt?
    nope. gone in < 15 seconds.
    I still think Baltimore is going to be easier to get the closer it gets to show time. More tickets have popped up than I thought would have. Just sucks the are gone in like 5 seconds
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Another Baltimore another fan beat me... Ahhhhhh 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • More tix will pop up closer to show time as people realize they cannot attend shows for whatever reason may come up.
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    If you get tix in F2F but end up not being able to go can you put them back up on the F2F? 
  • More tix will pop up closer to show time as people realize they cannot attend shows for whatever reason may come up.
    Works for people residing in the same city, but not for ones making travel plans.
  • YAKIMATSU said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    For the 500th time...

Take 1/2 the arena and allocate the tickets via 10C members via the lotto.   Same rules as always.  Anyone caught scalping is banished for life.  All the "real" fans all have an equal chance at getting in for face value.

Take the other 1/2 and sell it via TM sales where the buyers can sell and transfer to their hearts content.  The people that didn't win or are able to afford paying market prices have an outlet to do so.

Done.  Problem solved.

Then start your own band and make those the rules. Telling a group of men, that somehow you enjoy seeing, that are and always have been left leaning what to do is extremely wrong.  This band is, literally,  not for you.  Do you listen to lyrics? They have, repeatedly told you that they don't want you,  but you keep coming  back here with your free market bullshit.  Go away, they don't want you. 
    My god that is lame. "This band is, literally, not for you." Cringe to the wannabe gatekeeper.
  • HH140540HH140540 Posts: 543
    edited February 2020
    Post edited by HH140540 on
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    I’m stuck in the sit tight verifying part. Assuming they are long gone but can’t bring myself to bail
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Tons of tickets for Ottawa - all 300 section behind the stage. Hoping to see some Hamilton come up
  • "F these ungrateful, entitled fans, with their constant bitching and moaning, inability to read more than two sentences of a paragraph, and their third grade comprehension and critical thinking skills."

-People at the Ten Club, I imagine.
  • Jadler said:
    If you get tix in F2F but end up not being able to go can you put them back up on the F2F? 
    Jesus Lord. At what point do you just make plans and stick to them?
    I’m stuck in the sit tight verifying part. Assuming they are long gone but can’t bring myself to bail
    They are def gone.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Jadler said:
    I'm seeing the sell option for my STL tickets I got today.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • I think this is kinda fun. It's like a fucked up game of whack a mole
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • I am about to list my two Ten Club tickets for Nashville. Not sure how long until they appear on Ticketmaster though. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    edited February 2020
    Nashville coming up..if not already.. *edit* ha thanks mikelittl not sure how many threads people follow so wanted to help those out here as well
    Post edited by euchrid on
  • Here's another weird thing about this psychologically -- if I step away (either post here or go do something else or whatever) and come back and refresh, I live in fear that tix will show up on the first refresh, as I know I'll be too late to get them.  Only once I'm constantly refreshing am I ready to buy....weird to hope to see "sold out", though I realize it's totally irrational.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    edited February 2020
    mikelittl said:
    I am about to list my two Ten Club tickets for Nashville. Not sure how long until they appear on Ticketmaster though. 
    Betting you'll have an email telling you they sold in minutes. And the tickets themselves will have sold in seconds.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,087
    Here is a story that just popped into my head for no reason whatsoever:

During the summer of 2008, I was working for a firm that would offer pairs of tickets for pretty much every NYC area concert to the summer employees (around 100 people or so). On the same day and same time every week, someone from HR would send around a list of the next week’s events and the tickets went to the first people to respond. Having struck out on the PJ Garden shows, I sat at my desk at the appointed time, refreshing my inbox constantly, and when the email came through I responded as fast as I could asking for either of the Pearl Jam shows. I was too slow. 

It’s not the system, folks. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • Gonzo1977 said:
    Tons of tickets for Ottawa - all 300 section behind the stage. Hoping to see some Hamilton come up
    Those are standard tickets available for Ottawa. There are no Fan to Fan tickets available at the moment.  I was hoping to get 1 ticket that is not behind the stage, but I will grab one if that ends up being my only option.  There have been some issues with the Fan to Fan for Canadian shows. Hoping that they get it back up and going soon! 
  • mikelittl said:
    I am about to list my two Ten Club tickets for Nashville. Not sure how long until they appear on Ticketmaster though. 
    Are they already sold?
  • Missed out on NASHVILLE AGAIN!