10C tickets on stubhub

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    tdawe said:
    mace1229 said:
    Lerxst1992 said:
    Why not at least provide the exchange as an option? Yes many will go for the profits on StubHub but at least have the option to transfer at face?
    It's very possibly not legal to do so.
    I don't see how it wouldn't be legal to give it as as option. Maybe to require F2F might be illegal, but just providing it as an option in a state where tickets must be transferable I can't imagine that. My guess is probably they assume next to no one will use it for those 2 states so it isn't worth setting up the system for those 2 shows. 
    The exchanges for other shows are being set up for a very specific reason - the band wanted to sell non-transferable tickets, but they also wanted to provide an outlet for people who get tickets and then can't use them for whatever reason. It is unnecessary to do so in NY and CO, since anyone who finds themselves in that situation can get rid of the tickets in a number of ways. 
    I only partially agree. Yes, that is what it is set up for, to transfer non-transferable tickets. But they are non-transferable to begin with to prevent people from selling them over face value. They have to realize some of the 10c tickets are going to be on StubHub for 5-10 times face value. Someone suggested it might be illegal to offer F2F for those states. I doubt that is the case. Those selling on StubHub for over face value probably would not use the F2F anyway, so it may be pointless to set it up. Except for the few fans who intended on going and something come sup last minute, but that is probably not a major concern since for many years we had no way to transfer any tickets.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    That asterisk is actually encouraging fans to resell at a 30% premium on StubHub to recover cost.
    You're absolutely right but you really should be pointing this argument at your state government.

It's clear Pearl Jam/10C wants the most fans to see the concert at face value. This new system is accomplishing that more than ever before.

Why not at least provide the exchange as an option? Yes many will go for the profits on StubHub but at least have the option to transfer at face?
    Do that here or other social media outlets. If you had MSG tickets you had to unload you would sell them in 5 seconds on this site. There are options for you that are very easy. 

GTF seems to have alot of hope, despair and unfilled dreams, because of all the ISO trades.

There is something to be said for the convenience of listing on the exchange and have the funds automatically charged back to your account.

Yes, there are a lot of ISOs meaning you could sell at face in 5 seconds. "Venmo or PP me now and I'll transfer to you immediately after." This is only difficult if you try to make it difficult.

Venmo offers no buyer or seller protection.
    My dude, if you spent a fraction of your time trying to find solutions vs. grousing about problems you might find yourself out from behind life's poles and overhangs

I'd contend getting scammed out of $250 on venmo is not petty. I dont think it's absolutely going to happen, but just commenting that convenience and security is not being offered on equal footing.
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    That asterisk is actually encouraging fans to resell at a 30% premium on StubHub to recover cost.
    You're absolutely right but you really should be pointing this argument at your state government.

It's clear Pearl Jam/10C wants the most fans to see the concert at face value. This new system is accomplishing that more than ever before.

Do that here or other social media outlets. If you had MSG tickets you had to unload you would sell them in 5 seconds on this site. There are options for you that are very easy. 

GTF seems to have alot of hope, despair and unfilled dreams, because of all the ISO trades.

There is something to be said for the convenience of listing on the exchange and have the funds automatically charged back to your account.

Yes, there are a lot of ISOs meaning you could sell at face in 5 seconds. "Venmo or PP me now and I'll transfer to you immediately after." This is only difficult if you try to make it difficult.

My dude, if you spent a fraction of your time trying to find solutions vs. grousing about problems you might find yourself out from behind life's poles and overhangs
    Possible poles and overhangs.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

• RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    Cridder said:
    when do those platinum tickets go on sale?
    Already sold out.
  • pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:

Is that 10C seating data? Is that puppy you? This speaks to me.
  • Every time I see this thread increasing in pages due to upset fans just sincerely cracks me up how infatuated people are with this topic.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• drandodrando Posts: 70
    I think they should make the ticket cutoff 1 year before a tour.,  because if you are a true fan,  you are already a member by the time a tour is announced.
    edited February 2020
    Every time I see this thread increasing in pages due to upset fans just sincerely cracks me up how infatuated people are with this topic.

IG, we can discuss without being “upset.”

I find it to be an interesting topic because this band has gone to unique and great lengths to combat this “problem.” Some might  believe they have made the situation exponentially worse with their intervention into the marketplace.
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Every time I see this thread increasing in pages due to upset fans just sincerely cracks me up how infatuated people are with this topic.

I find it to be an interesting topic because this band has gone to unique and great lengths to combat this “problem.” Some might  believe they have made the situation exponentially worse with their intervention into the marketplace.
    Which intervention are you referring to here?
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited February 2020

They made it better for a lot of fans by putting more tickets directly into their hands. 

Yes it sucks if you didn't win, there are less tickets available than normal on the secondary market. But I'd rather this outcome of 2.5-3% of tickets on secondary market, than the other with 10% or more on the secondary market.
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414

They made it better for a lot of fans by putting more tickets directly into their hands. 

Yes it sucks if you didn't win, that there are less tickets available than normal on the secondary market. But I'd rather this outcome of 2.5-3% of tickets on secondary market, than the other with 10% or more on the secondary market.
    This. People are upset that there aren’t more tickets available on the secondary marketplace, thereby reducing prices and increasing availability to those who didn’t win the lottery. Instead, more tickets were placed in the hands of fan club members who actually did win the lottery. Essentially, people are wishing bad luck on others so that they have a chance to pay extra for their own “good luck”.   
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,322
    I had a ten club member offer my wife a pair in the upper section at msg fir $400Each. Acted like they were doing us a favor because those tickets were $550 each on stubhub. But doesn’t stub hub take a fee off of your sale price? 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    nicknyr15 said:
    I had a ten club member offer my wife a pair in the upper section at msg fir $400Each. Acted like they were doing us a favor because those tickets were $550 each on stubhub. But doesn’t stub hub take a fee off of your sale price? 
    Report them. 
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Report them. 
    Not really my style. Karma will get them 
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Report them. 
    I dont think I would have the heart to do it either, but they certainly deserve it. Although upper section I dont think were fanclub seats we they? 300 I thought was verified fan.

nickny15 I really hope you get in. Keep trying. PM me closer to the date if your shut out, if my brother cancels, you can sit 2nd row floor with me. 
    RS65573 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    ecdanc said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Report them. 
    I dont think I would have the heart to do it either, but they certainly deserve it. Although upper section I dont think were fanclub seats we they? 300 I thought was verified fan.

nickny15 I really hope you get in. Keep trying. PM me closer to the date if your shut out, if my brother cancels, you can sit 2nd row floor with me. 
    It was in the 200s and most definitely a member. Wow thank you so much and thanks for the positive vibes! 
    Lostpawn said:

Yes it sucks if you didn't win, that there are less tickets available than normal on the secondary market. But I'd rather this outcome of 2.5-3% of tickets on secondary market, than the other with 10% or more on the secondary market.
    This. People are upset that there aren’t more tickets available on the secondary marketplace, thereby reducing prices and increasing availability to those who didn’t win the lottery. Instead, more tickets were placed in the hands of fan club members who actually did win the lottery. Essentially, people are wishing bad luck on others so that they have a chance to pay extra for their own “good luck”.   

In most cases fans are going to be at MSG anyway, with the exception of the venue tickets, which will be used by wealthy STH who at best are casual fans. And industry insiders which are numerous in NY 

The only issue is how much are fans willing to pay for resale tix. About 700 tickets have been on stub hub and they are selling and the inventory is churning.  The average listing is $1500. Limitations on the market include limited shows in the region, limited options to buy in other regions (non transferability), private non public distribution of club tickets and threatened retaliation to fans looking to resell. The market did not create these restrictions.  It is responding to the restrictions set in place by the decision makers by driving up the price that real fans are and will be paying. And it's making the scalpers business model much easier.

• Lostpawn said:

In most cases fans are going to be at MSG anyway, with the exception of the venue tickets, which will be used by wealthy STH who at best are casual fans. And industry insiders which are numerous in NY 

The only issue is how much are fans willing to pay for resale tix. About 700 tickets have been on stub hub and they are selling and the inventory is churning.  The average listing is $1500. Limitations on the market include limited shows in the region, limited options to buy in other regions (non transferability), private non public distribution of club tickets and threatened retaliation to fans looking to resell. The market did not create these restrictions.  It is responding to the restrictions set in place by the decision makers by driving up the price that real fans are and will be paying. And it's making the scalpers business model much easier.

You continue to fail to acknowledge that the reason that there is a smaller secondary market pool is due to PJ's decision to make sure that more tickets got into the hands of fans who, because they are fans and not scalpers, are interested in going to the show.  As someone mentioned earlier, a breakdown of your argument has you 1) hoping that you received tickets to a highly sought after event- 2) when you didn't get tickets you have railed against the system because said system has kept the secondary market tickets to a minimum thereby inflating the cost.  
    PJ has done the best they can do in NY and CO and the numbers bear that out.  There are fewer tickets for sale on the secondary market.  It appears as if 97% of the tickets are in the hands of people who intend to attend the show (if 3% of the tickets are on the secondary market-and if those numbers are higher it doesn't torpedo this argument--so don't bother trying to explain why it is 5% or some other number).  
    Your position would be 180 degrees different if you had obtained tickets in the lottery...this has seemed to be a case of lottery sour grapes and (unintentionally) bitterness toward the lucky 60% of lottery entrants who received tickets....  It seems that you have been bouncing between the conclusions that PJ should have made more tickets available to scalpers (fewer in the hands of fans) so that you could get a ticket on the secondary market and they should have played some number of additional shows (2...3....more) to drive down the demand by increasing supply.   They will likely do everything they can until the band disbands to keep scalpers from getting tickets and I don't think I would be wrong in concluding that the alluded to Fall Tour will include more tickets for shows in the NE....
    As the Rolling Stones said "You can't always get what you want"....but I do hope that you are able to get what you need, which would be tickets to the show in MSG.  Good luck....I really mean that.
  • Every time I see this thread increasing in pages due to upset fans just sincerely cracks me up how infatuated people are with this topic.

Yes it sucks if you didn't win, there are less tickets available than normal on the secondary market. But I'd rather this outcome of 2.5-3% of tickets on secondary market, than the other with 10% or more on the secondary market.
    Bingo.  There's really nothing to discuss, frankly.  The band HAVE gone through great lengths to get tickets into the hands of their fans - both because they actually want fans at the show and because the constant complaints some have given on the topic.  There's literally NOTHING more that can be done to combat those that actually want to post on third party sites to resell their tickets.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

Their fans are going no matter what, with the exception of STHs and industry tickets.

The only question is how much will the unlucky fans pay. Bands that dont "intervene" in the market present secondary options for fans as a last resort for less than this band does, historically. And it's off the charts this tour. This will attract even more scalpers seeking huge margins in the future.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    Their fans are going no matter what, with the exception of STHs and industry tickets.

The only question is how much will the unlucky fans pay. Bands that dont "intervene" in the market present secondary options for fans as a last resort for less than this band does, historically. And it's off the charts this tour. This will attract even more scalpers seeking huge margins in the future.
    you keep saying things like "intervene" is if pearl jam has no right to set controls on their own market.   This IS THE MARKET.  They did not intervene, they have dictated the rules of their marketplace.   That New York is a screwed up outlier is a small price to pay for how many tickets got in fans hands.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Don’t the states that have laws on resale like NY make this thread kind of pointless?  PJ doesn’t supersede law.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I havent been able to find the wording of those laws, But I would think the F2F would count for transferability. I would also then think that PJ could determine how that can happen. Unless the law specifies that the entertainer has no right to be involved in the process at all and set limits.
    edited February 2020
    PB11041 said:

you keep saying things like "intervene" is if pearl jam has no right to set controls on their own market.   This IS THE MARKET.  They did not intervene, they have dictated the rules of their marketplace.   That New York is a screwed up outlier is a small price to pay for how many tickets got in fans hands.  
    They placed restrictions on their ticketing unlike any other band and they have resale prices unlike any other band. There are resale tickets available for all the shows, they only made it difficult to find because they're not on stubhub.To believe they can fully dictate a market is unrealistic. 

Edit, is it fair to put words in another fans "mouth?"

Did I say it wasn't within their right?

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
    Lostpawn said:

You continue to fail to acknowledge that the reason that there is a smaller secondary market pool is due to PJ's decision to make sure that more tickets got into the hands of fans who, because they are fans and not scalpers, are interested in going to the show.  As someone mentioned earlier, a breakdown of your argument has you 1) hoping that you received tickets to a highly sought after event- 2) when you didn't get tickets you have railed against the system because said system has kept the secondary market tickets to a minimum thereby inflating the cost.  
    PJ has done the best they can do in NY and CO and the numbers bear that out.  There are fewer tickets for sale on the secondary market.  It appears as if 97% of the tickets are in the hands of people who intend to attend the show (if 3% of the tickets are on the secondary market-and if those numbers are higher it doesn't torpedo this argument--so don't bother trying to explain why it is 5% or some other number).  
    Your position would be 180 degrees different if you had obtained tickets in the lottery...this has seemed to be a case of lottery sour grapes and (unintentionally) bitterness toward the lucky 60% of lottery entrants who received tickets....  It seems that you have been bouncing between the conclusions that PJ should have made more tickets available to scalpers (fewer in the hands of fans) so that you could get a ticket on the secondary market and they should have played some number of additional shows (2...3....more) to drive down the demand by increasing supply.   They will likely do everything they can until the band disbands to keep scalpers from getting tickets and I don't think I would be wrong in concluding that the alluded to Fall Tour will include more tickets for shows in the NE....
    As the Rolling Stones said "You can't always get what you want"....but I do hope that you are able to get what you need, which would be tickets to the show in MSG.  Good luck....I really mean that.

How much of your comment is true? I do have access to face value tickets and will probably be going to one show. So much for that thesis above.

Die hard fans like to proclaim they are  very successful in restricting their marketplace for their tickets. I have a different opinion.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    PB11041 said:

They placed restrictions on their ticketing unlike any other band and they have resale prices unlike any other band. There are resale tickets available for all the shows, they only made it difficult to find because they're not on stubhub.To believe they can fully dictate a market is unrealistic. 

when you keep saying things like "intervene" as in, "Pearl Jam Intervened with the market" - it kinda sounds like you are at least insinuating that they don't have that right.  What I am saying is they did not intervene, they got sick of being told they can't set their market conditions. That is not intervention, that is setting the grounds for how they do business.   That every other band is inherently lazy in how they do this, because it takes work is on them, as much as it was 25 years ago when everyone but Neil Young basically shrugged their shoulders. 

in so far as fully dictate a market, it may be unrealistic, but it sure beats the apathy that allows vultures to assist in resetting the terms of how a fan can get a ticket to a show.  Any fan that is willing to pay for access to a resellers Ticketmaster account for the duration of a show that doesn't accept the extremely high likelihood that they are going to get scammed or locked out of the venue is on them.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

when you keep saying things like "intervene" as in, "Pearl Jam Intervened with the market" - it kinda sounds like you are at least insinuating that they don't have that right.  What I am saying is they did not intervene, they got sick of being told they can't set their market conditions. That is not intervention, that is setting the grounds for how they do business.   That every other band is inherently lazy in how they do this, because it takes work is on them, as much as it was 25 years ago when everyone but Neil Young basically shrugged their shoulders. 

in so far as fully dictate a market, it may be unrealistic, but it sure beats the apathy that allows vultures to assist in resetting the terms of how a fan can get a ticket to a show.  Any fan that is willing to pay for access to a resellers Ticketmaster account for the duration of a show that doesn't accept the extremely high likelihood that they are going to get scammed or locked out of the venue is on them.
    Well said! 
  • huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 889
    edited February 2020
    Lostpawn said:

How much of your comment is true? I do have access to face value tickets and will probably be going to one show. So much for that thesis above.

Die hard fans like to proclaim they are  very successful in restricting their marketplace for their tickets. I have a different opinion.
    All of it is true....I have attentively read nearly all of your posts on this topic in an attempt to figure out your position and I think that I have (not very) succinctly summarized it.  Congrats on probably getting tickets to a show...I don't know where I indicated in my "thesis" that you were not going to get a ticket...and it doesn't come as a shock that you will be able to get one at face value.  That was not the point of the "thesis"....
    If the "they" you refer to is PJ, I think that you would have to acknowledge that, for this leg of the tour, they have been very successful in restricting the scalper marketplace for their tickets as evidenced by:
    1. No secondary activity in any of the venues outside of NY and CO
    2. Only limited secondary activity in NY and CO
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

I dont believe it's fair to call artists lazy or resellers vultures. In many cases resellers are providing a service to customers when no other options exist and helping artists learn what is the true market value of their tickets. Most are not as successful as PJ and this info is valuable for them. The Supreme Court has ruled in most cases resale is legal. I am not aware of a specific limitation on concert tickets, but obviously artist can try to limit resale to their events by essentially making it a private event.

By setting an artificially low price to their tickets, I am calling that " interference " with the market. This helps increase demand and reduce supply, which is having an impact on resale prices. In most cases in a capitalist society, markets set prices. PJ clearly doesnt want this to occur. They can limit it in most places but not eliminate it. And in NY and CO, there were over two thousand tickets available for resale. There are also tickets available online for every other show, perhaps a couple hundred per on average.

Limiting supply and increasing demand is having an obvious impact on the prices of these tickets.