Options

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,496
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    brianlux said:
    So now we are down to just the wealthy candidates.  Who'd of guessed?!
    Rather have someone who made some money from writing a successful book, and the heart in the right place (to the left as you with some knowledge of biology know) than someone being backed by a billionaires with an agenda. 
    That's a really convenient point of view for you. 
    If a point of view happens to be true. It happens to be true.
    What other types of millionaires are you comfortable with?
    Astrid Lindgren. Or is that the same type?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,786
    Joe Biden
    This will need a new poll soon....with only Sanders, Biden, and (for a little while anyway) Bloomberg. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    This will need a new poll soon....with only Sanders, Biden, and (for a little while anyway) Bloomberg. 
    Tuls and Lizzy also.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    Tuls and Lizzy also.
    lol
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Pete Buttigeg
    I think Bloomberg stays in.  He has the money.  Just a feeling that he is taking it to the convention, unless someone clears the 50%.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    I think Bloomberg stays in.  He has the money.  Just a feeling that he is taking it to the convention, unless someone clears the 50%.
    I think Bloomberg will listen to the data and wants Bernie to lose.  I think Bernie saying he won't take his $ pissed him off.  So I think Bloomberg leaves the race soon and backs Joe with a lot of $.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    I think so too. But if he has a bad Super Tuesday, I can also see him just conceding that he doesn't have the support and throwing all of his resources behind Biden.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mrussel1 said:
    I think Bloomberg will listen to the data and wants Bernie to lose.  I think Bernie saying he won't take his $ pissed him off.  So I think Bloomberg leaves the race soon and backs Joe with a lot of $.  
    If Joe wins the nominee you think he makes Bloomberg vp?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I would doubt it.  Woman or a minority is a must.  
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,143
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    yeah I'm thinking Klobuchar.  Nice and safe.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,156
    Pete Buttigeg
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Only if Bloomberg pays for a sex change and or extreme tanning.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,227
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think SC proved, as well as Obama, we need an African American on the ticket
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Bernie Sanders
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Only if Bloomberg pays for a sex change and or extreme tanning.
    Bloom: Joe, I will let you sniff my hair. Whenever you want to.

Biden: ...Look, I will consider it Mike. 
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think SC proved, as well as Obama, we need an African American on the ticket
    I'm all about it. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    Elisabeth Warren
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I'd think maybe Cory Booker.  Perhaps Kamala.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    Elisabeth Warren
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    yeah I'm thinking Klobuchar.  Nice and safe.  
    given what happened at her last (attempted) rally, I wouldn't call her safe at all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,802
    Amy/Pete 2024
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Joe Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Harris shot herself in the foot by dragging Biden's long ago gaffes to the forefront of the first debate for her 15 minutes of fame.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Harris shot herself in the foot by dragging Biden's long ago gaffes to the forefront of the first debate for her 15 minutes of fame.
    Being against bussing isn't a gaffe.  Kamala is the one who gaffed by thinking the policy fights of the 70's were going to stick.  
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Being against bussing isn't a gaffe.  Kamala is the one who gaffed by thinking the policy fights of the 70's were going to stick.  
    Hey...that little girl...that little girl was HER. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    That was the moment that I was done with her.  
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Can't stand those kind of written-and-rehearsed-and-applause-already-heard-in-their-head shit. 
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I was already down on her after seeing some annoying grandstanding from her during Senate hearings. This just confirmed for me me what a joke she is. Desperate attempt to paint Joe Biden (of all people) as racist. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Can't stand those kind of written-and-rehearsed-and-applause-already-heard-in-their-head shit. 
    Everyone get your zinger ready...
    It's why I hate debates. 
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 
    Especially these debates with so many people. The only way to make a splash is with a “zinger.” Otherwise, you’re lost in the shuffle. 

I remember as a kid my father complaining that with Perot up there, the 1992 debates were too crowded and Bush and Clinton didn’t get as much time as they needed since they actually had a shot to win. Lol. If he only knew....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 
    Especially these debates with so many people. The only way to make a splash is with a “zinger.” Otherwise, you’re lost in the shuffle. 

I remember as a kid my father complaining that with Perot up there, the 1992 debates were too crowded and Bush and Clinton didn’t get as much time as they needed since they actually had a shot to win. Lol. If he only knew....
    CAN I FINISH??

• Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Good point, what I remember is being so turned off by her obvious ploy for attention that I didn't follow through on the substance of the complaint.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 

CAN I FINISH??

My favorite of these sketches (which I'd post but I unfortunately can't find it online) was a three-way debate cold-open (with pre-recorded segments because Carvey plays both Bush and Perot and there's quick costume changes that couldn't be done live). The only part I remember is the end when the three of them give their closing statements. When each one talks, the other two look at him with a queer eye, and the person talking turns into how the other two perceive him. 

As Clinton (played by Phil Hartman) is talking, Bush and Perot see him a hippie. He has tye-dye on, purple sunglasses, and he's smoking a bong.

As Bush talks, Clinton and Perot see him as basically Mother Goose. Woman's glasses and sweater.

As Perot talks last, Clinton and Bush look at him with a queer eye, and it cuts to the Mayor of Munchkin Land. It's hilarious. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 

CAN I FINISH??

My favorite of these sketches (which I'd post but I unfortunately can't find it online) was a three-way debate cold-open (with pre-recorded segments because Carvey plays both Bush and Perot and there's quick costume changes that couldn't be done live). The only part I remember is the end when the three of them give their closing statements. When each one talks, the other two look at him with a queer eye, and the person talking turns into how the other two perceive him. 

As Clinton (played by Phil Hartman) is talking, Bush and Perot see him a hippie. He has tye-dye on, purple sunglasses, and he's smoking a bong.

As Bush talks, Clinton and Perot see him as basically Mother Goose. Woman's glasses and sweater.

As Perot talks last, Clinton and Bush look at him with a queer eye, and it cuts to the Mayor of Munchkin Land. It's hilarious. 

David Spade plays him in the wide shot though. Was suppose to play him. Replaced by Carvey in the close ups.

Maybe well know. But whatever.
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 

CAN I FINISH??

The heyday of SNL was their political satire.  Will as Bush, Daryl Hammond as Clinton, Chevy as Ford, these were all so great. I do remember the skit.  It was all 'must see'.  You made sure you were near a tv at 1130.  Get home from the bar early, tell everyone to shut up at your house, whatever.  We always watched.