Options

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

You do not need to be eligible to vote in the actual election to vote here. Or to have an opinion on the matter.

Just fun seeing how the stats are over here at the start of february.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary? 46 votes

Joe Biden
19%
KatLedbetterman10YefaGern BlanstenerocshiftyrgambsLerxst1992Hi!Glorified KC 9 votes
Bernie Sanders
23%
sachtrivMoonpigSpiritual_ChaosSVRDhand13static111Abe Fromanprljmr316EarlWelshmyoung321ConorKavanaghkotton_crown 11 votes
Elisabeth Warren
15%
NewJPageJearlpam0925JimmyVSmellymanOnWis97joseph33HughFreakingDillon 7 votes
Andrew Yang
10%
pjl44AKRounder85CO278952brianluxdrakeheuer14 5 votes
Mike Bloomberg
4%
benjsMakingWaves 2 votes
Tom Steyer
2%
Jason P 1 vote
Pete Buttigeg
15%
cincybearcatdarwinstheoryPJPOWERF Me In The Brainmrussel1RunIntoTheRainGigatonofbricks 7 votes
Amy Klobuchar
2%
jpgoegel 1 vote
Tulsi Gabbard
6%
VINNY GOOMBATA243471RobZ 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    Elisabeth Warren
    My gut was to pick whoever could beat Trump. But since none can, I went with Warren, who I feel is qualified in most ways.  Still not sure who I’ll actually pick...see who realistically has a shot.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,723
    Andrew Yang
    I hope some of you will take a little time to check out Andrew Yang.  His following id growing daily.  He is smart, energetic, compassionate, driven, and really wants what is best for the people.  I've never been as supportive of a presidential candidate before as much as I am for Yang!

But rest assured, if Yang does not win in the primaries, I will vote for the democrat who does.  For sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Joe Biden
    OnWis97 said:
    My gut was to pick whoever could beat Trump. But since none can, I went with Warren, who I feel is qualified in most ways.  Still not sure who I’ll actually pick...see who realistically has a shot.
    I went with Biden because I think he’s the only one with a chance against Trump. He can get Trump-hating Republicans, moderate Democrats, and African Americans.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,767
    Pete Buttigeg
    What's going to be worse:

4 more years of trump

Or

4 more years of listening to trump supporters 

I know you can't really have one without the other, but which part of him being re-elected is going to suck more?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Andrew Yang
    If Yang is still around by the time our primary comes up, I'll vote for him. I don't agree with all of his platform, but he seems like a decent person and is talking about a lot of forward-thinking issues.
  • Options
    erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Joe Biden
    Whoever has the best chance of beating Trump. Which would be either Biden or Sanders at the moment, I guess? It's weird that there really isn't a clear cut front runner this close to the election. I've done my best not to pay attention to the rhetoric or noise.  I really wish this would've been the sole focus of the Democratic party the past 3 years. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Options
    Andrew Yang
    Whoever has the best chance of beating Trump. Which would be either Biden or Sanders at the moment, I guess? It's weird that there really isn't a clear cut front runner this close to the election. I've done my best not to pay attention to the rhetoric or noise.  I really wish this would've been the sole focus of the Democratic party the past 3 years. 

Good points. erocshifty.  Hopefully as the primary results come in, the party will unite big time to defeat Trump.  I think that will happen.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    What about Hillary???  I wouldn’t be surprised if that worm tried to wiggle her way back into the fold to claim what many feel is rightfully her’s.....
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    What about Hillary???  I wouldn’t be surprised if that worm tried to wiggle her way back into the fold to claim what many feel is rightfully her’s.....
    Nah she tried already against thee most corrupt disgraceful disgusting racist narcissist Baffoon and lost to him   with Russia’s help , hey where’s the next rally for the Baffoon are attending? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Nah she tried already against thee most corrupt disgraceful disgusting racist narcissist Baffoon and lost to him   with Russia’s help , hey where’s the next rally for the Baffoon are attending? 
    There are rumblings President Trump will be taking his victory lap in Miami at the Super Bowl.....if only Colin Crapperneck were there, now that would be some much watch TV....
  • Options
    Andrew Yang
    There are rumblings President Trump will be taking his victory lap in Miami at the Super Bowl.....if only Colin Crapperneck were there, now that would be some much watch TV....

Watch for it-

• Options
    He couldn’t run a lap if he’s life depended on it! So when is the next rally you are attending let us know if you will be wearing the “id rather be Russian then a Democrat “T-shirt along with your MAGA hat ..
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Watch for it-

Nice one 
  • Options
    Andrew Yang
    Back to the OP question:

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

My wife and I were talking about that earlier this evening.  The ballots are due to be in the mail soon.  It's time to decide. I haven't filled in that little circle yet but I'm fairly certain of whom, for me, it will be.  I didn't choose based on who I like best.  I chose based on who I think has the best chance to beat Trump, pure and simple.  I believe it will be Joe Biden.  Ouch....  Here's my thinking:

-Klobuchar and Steyer, do the math.  Your run is over.
    -Mayor Pete is a great guy but America isn't going to elect a gay president, not yet anyway.
    -Warren I once had hopes for.  She's not doing well in the late innings.
    -Bernie has some fine ideas, maybe not all, but some, he has a decent philosophic outlook, and he's steady as a rock.  But this is America and  Americans hate anything that gets labeled "radical", regardless of whether it is or not. I'm not confident he can beat Trump
    -Bloomberg lost his chance by not passing on that last yelling match on TV.

-Joe is status quo, a known figure.  He was fairly well liked during the Obama admin, is white, male, and bland enough  for the average person.  Ho hum, yeah.  But it beats the alternative. 

I'm not crazy about saying any of this.  Yang was my hope.  Maybe someday the choice will be brighter.  Maybe, maybe, baby.

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    edited February 2020
    Bernie Sanders
    nvm. Misread.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Who ever comes out of the Democrats that’s who I’m voting for..
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    Elisabeth Warren
    Assuming she is still in the race, I plan to vote for Warren on Super Tuesday. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited February 2020
    I'm going to keep checking the polls up until my primary eve and go with whoever is closest to beating Sanders.

Edit:  I was planning on supporting Klobuchar before Sanders started running away with things. Now I'm hoping the strategy out there is to stop Sanders
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Elisabeth Warren
    I like warren, and it's too bad she's sliding in the polls. she makes the most sense and actually tells you what her plans are and how she'll do it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    I like warren, and it's too bad she's sliding in the polls. she makes the most sense and actually tells you what her plans are and how she'll do it. 
    friendly reminder that only 5% of the delegates have been declared
    there's a long road ahead
    as more candidates drop out, those delegates will migrate to the more moderate candidates who remain
    (that won't be bernie)
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    as more candidates drop out, those delegates will migrate to the more moderate candidates who remain
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates
    the rest of the field has 54 combined
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    Elisabeth Warren
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates
    why does this look like you are refuting your own post?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    Joe Biden
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

It's still less than 50%. No way they are changing the rules for an outsider
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

It's still less than 50%. No way they are changing the rules for an outsider

Didn't the DNC already change the rules for Bernie?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

In case there's any confusion, to clarify: Bernie. Won't. Be. The. Nominee.

The sooner Bernie Bros realize this and get over their butt hurt, the better
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

I hope you are right. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Andrew Yang
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

If you are convinced of that, there is free money to be had. Go get it.

• Options
    Joe Biden
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

Clinton being given smaller odds than Klobuchar is hilarious. The Klob has no chance at all and is just taking votes away from people that can possibly beat Sanders. If she truly believes Trump is evil, and Bernie just can’t get the job done against him, be a team player and step aside for the people that can actually beat Bernie. What is she even in the race for at this point? To someday bounce a grandchild on her knee and tell them “I once got a few delegates! Me! Your grandma!”? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    (that won't be bernie)
    bernie has 43 delegates

Clinton being given smaller odds than Klobuchar is hilarious. The Klob has no chance at all and is just taking votes away from people that can possibly beat Sanders. If she truly believes Trump is evil, and Bernie just can’t get the job done against him, be a team player and step aside for the people that can actually beat Bernie. What is she even in the race for at this point? To someday bounce a grandchild on her knee and tell them “I once got a few delegates! Me! Your grandma!”? 
    Klobuchar is still in it because she's more qualified than half the field. Look at the number of bills she's passed and sponsored. She's a very successful politician and speaks directly to many of the swing states that cost Clinton the election.