Options

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This will need a new poll soon....with only Sanders, Biden, and (for a little while anyway) Bloomberg. 
    I think Bloomberg stays in.  He has the money.  Just a feeling that he is taking it to the convention, unless someone clears the 50%.
    I think Bloomberg will listen to the data and wants Bernie to lose.  I think Bernie saying he won't take his $ pissed him off.  So I think Bloomberg leaves the race soon and backs Joe with a lot of $.  
    If Joe wins the nominee you think he makes Bloomberg vp?
    I would doubt it.  Woman or a minority is a must.  
    I'd think maybe Cory Booker.  Perhaps Kamala.
    Harris shot herself in the foot by dragging Biden's long ago gaffes to the forefront of the first debate for her 15 minutes of fame.
    Being against bussing isn't a gaffe.  Kamala is the one who gaffed by thinking the policy fights of the 70's were going to stick.  
    Hey...that little girl...that little girl was HER. 
    That was the moment that I was done with her.  
    Can't stand those kind of written-and-rehearsed-and-applause-already-heard-in-their-head shit. 
    Everyone get your zinger ready...
    It's why I hate debates. 
    Especially these debates with so many people. The only way to make a splash is with a “zinger.” Otherwise, you’re lost in the shuffle. 

I remember as a kid my father complaining that with Perot up there, the 1992 debates were too crowded and Bush and Clinton didn’t get as much time as they needed since they actually had a shot to win. Lol. If he only knew....
    CAN I FINISH??

My favorite of these sketches (which I'd post but I unfortunately can't find it online) was a three-way debate cold-open (with pre-recorded segments because Carvey plays both Bush and Perot and there's quick costume changes that couldn't be done live). The only part I remember is the end when the three of them give their closing statements. When each one talks, the other two look at him with a queer eye, and the person talking turns into how the other two perceive him. 

As Clinton (played by Phil Hartman) is talking, Bush and Perot see him a hippie. He has tye-dye on, purple sunglasses, and he's smoking a bong.

As Bush talks, Clinton and Perot see him as basically Mother Goose. Woman's glasses and sweater.

As Perot talks last, Clinton and Bush look at him with a queer eye, and it cuts to the Mayor of Munchkin Land. It's hilarious. 

The heyday of SNL was their political satire.  Will as Bush, Daryl Hammond as Clinton, Chevy as Ford, these were all so great. I do remember the skit.  It was all 'must see'.  You made sure you were near a tv at 1130.  Get home from the bar early, tell everyone to shut up at your house, whatever.  We always watched. 
    I wish Hammond stayed on as Trump. I much preferred his Trump to Baldwin's. More buffoon-like. I like Jimmy Fallon's Trump impression for the same reason. Baldwin's is too mean-spirited. I know, some would say that Trump himself is mean-spritied and so that makes Baldwin accurate. That's fair. But I just don't find it very funny. 

Another poltical impression that Hammond nailed was Hardball With Chris Matthews. 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,099
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    This will need a new poll soon....with only Sanders, Biden, and (for a little while anyway) Bloomberg. 
    I think Bloomberg stays in.  He has the money.  Just a feeling that he is taking it to the convention, unless someone clears the 50%.
    I think Bloomberg will listen to the data and wants Bernie to lose.  I think Bernie saying he won't take his $ pissed him off.  So I think Bloomberg leaves the race soon and backs Joe with a lot of $.  
    Harris shot herself in the foot by dragging Biden's long ago gaffes to the forefront of the first debate for her 15 minutes of fame.
    Being against bussing isn't a gaffe.  Kamala is the one who gaffed by thinking the policy fights of the 70's were going to stick.  
    Can't stand those kind of written-and-rehearsed-and-applause-already-heard-in-their-head shit. 
    It's why I hate debates. 
    Especially these debates with so many people. The only way to make a splash is with a “zinger.” Otherwise, you’re lost in the shuffle. 

I remember as a kid my father complaining that with Perot up there, the 1992 debates were too crowded and Bush and Clinton didn’t get as much time as they needed since they actually had a shot to win. Lol. If he only knew....
    CAN I FINISH??

My favorite of these sketches (which I'd post but I unfortunately can't find it online) was a three-way debate cold-open (with pre-recorded segments because Carvey plays both Bush and Perot and there's quick costume changes that couldn't be done live). The only part I remember is the end when the three of them give their closing statements. When each one talks, the other two look at him with a queer eye, and the person talking turns into how the other two perceive him. 

As Clinton (played by Phil Hartman) is talking, Bush and Perot see him a hippie. He has tye-dye on, purple sunglasses, and he's smoking a bong.

As Bush talks, Clinton and Perot see him as basically Mother Goose. Woman's glasses and sweater.

As Perot talks last, Clinton and Bush look at him with a queer eye, and it cuts to the Mayor of Munchkin Land. It's hilarious. 

The heyday of SNL was their political satire.  Will as Bush, Daryl Hammond as Clinton, Chevy as Ford, these were all so great. I do remember the skit.  It was all 'must see'.  You made sure you were near a tv at 1130.  Get home from the bar early, tell everyone to shut up at your house, whatever.  We always watched. 
    I wish Hammond stayed on as Trump. I much preferred his Trump to Baldwin's. More buffoon-like. I like Jimmy Fallon's Trump impression for the same reason. Baldwin's is too mean-spirited. I know, some would say that Trump himself is mean-spritied and so that makes Baldwin accurate. That's fair. But I just don't find it very funny. 

Another poltical impression that Hammond nailed was Hardball With Chris Matthews. 
    Never found Baldwins impression good or funny. He's on it because of his name and not being comedically sufficient to pull it of.  
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 

CAN I FINISH??

Never found Baldwins impression good or funny. He's on it because of his name and not being comedically sufficient to pull it of.  
    Totally agree. Not only that, but Hammond got screwed royally. He was one of their longest-tenured and most reliable cast members. Most memorable as Clinton, but he was great in everything he did. He replaced Don Pardo as announcer after Pardo's death, and really came to SNL's rescue when Trump became a thing in 2015. He dusted off his old Trump impression, and did a good job with it during the Republican primaries. But on name-recognition (I guess), they felt that Baldwin would be better. Not only is he not better, but it makes SNL look like a bunch of dicks that don't appreciate someone like Hammond who's always been a loyal team player. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,086
    Andrew Yang
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    It's why I hate debates. 

CAN I FINISH??

Totally agree. Not only that, but Hammond got screwed royally. He was one of their longest-tenured and most reliable cast members. Most memorable as Clinton, but he was great in everything he did. He replaced Don Pardo as announcer after Pardo's death, and really came to SNL's rescue when Trump became a thing in 2015. He dusted off his old Trump impression, and did a good job with it during the Republican primaries. But on name-recognition (I guess), they felt that Baldwin would be better. Not only is he not better, but it makes SNL look like a bunch of dicks that don't appreciate someone like Hammond who's always been a loyal team player. 
    Is that really how it went down? That's crazy. Hammond did a great Trump.
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    pjl44 said:

Is that really how it went down? That's crazy. Hammond did a great Trump.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2CQwS_QUA&t=149s

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    Pete Buttigeg
    Nice win in Virginia to start the night for Joe. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,099
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    No spoilers!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mrussel1 said:
    No spoilers!
    It’s called.  He was down by 7 points last week in polling, so he’s making a big move.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,661
    Bernie carries Vermont. Shut it down, he’s the nominee.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    North Cakalacki goes to Joe.  Big state .
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    So far so good for Joe. Those Amy/Pete endorsements may have really helped. Texas and California are going to be huge. Polls are close in Texas, slight edge for Sanders in Cali. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    Bernie carries Vermont. Shut it down, he’s the nominee.
    Lol.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    American Samoa, the ultimate bellwether, hands Bloomberg a solid 1st, and keeps Tulsi in the hunt with a big 2nd place finish. lol.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    American Samoa, the ultimate bellwether, hands Bloomberg a solid 1st, and keeps Tulsi in the hunt with a big 2nd place finish. lol.

Stop the presses! Don’t hand the baton to Bernie just yet!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Tom Steyer
    It will be interesting to see what Warren's final move is.  I don't think she will be easily bought as others appear to have ... job security and at the career political endgame are interesting attributes 
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    Jason P said:
    It will be interesting to see what Warren's final move is.  I don't think she will be easily bought as others appear to have ... job security and at the career political endgame are interesting attributes 
    She has money to keep going if she thinks it's worth it.  I don't see the path though. 
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    jeffbr said:
    Well now we know American Samoa is for sale to the highest bidder.  Scumbags. 
  • Options
    Warren as Biden’s Secretary of the Treasury. She’ll get Team Trump Treason’s tax returns. Not a bad way to spend your golden years.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Tom Steyer
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    She has money to keep going if she thinks it's worth it.  I don't see the path though. 
    I haven't watched any new the past week, so I don't know if she has crossed any low blows with other candidates ... at some point she, barring some unforeseen shift, will realize that the gig is up and now how does she direct her energy?  Most likely she shifts towards Joe, more for the party's future ... but I don't know if Joe accidentally made her P.O.'d by doing Joe things
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    Warren as Biden’s Secretary of the Treasury. She’ll get Team Trump Treason’s tax returns. Not a bad way to spend your golden years.
    I love it. This reads like Democrat fan-fiction! How about they beat Trump at something for once before ya begin envisioning Biden appointing Warren to live out her golden years. But I’ll play along. I like Biden. In fact, let’s all do a Biden cabinet fantasy draft. Emphasis on “fantasy.” Get your picks ready...

Draft order:

1) mrussell (sec. of education)
    2) cincybearcat (sec. of state)
    3) halifax (sec of treasury) 
    4) hughfreakindillion (sec of defense)
    5) spiritual chaos (homeland security) 

and so on....

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Joe picks up ‘Bama. Losing America Samoa May still come back to haunt him but  winning ‘Bama gets the momentum going again. 

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,652
    Pete Buttigeg
    I love it. This reads like Democrat fan-fiction! How about they beat Trump at something for once before ya begin envisioning Biden appointing Warren to live out her golden years. But I’ll play along. I like Biden. In fact, let’s all do a Biden cabinet fantasy draft. Emphasis on “fantasy.” Get your picks ready...

Draft order:

and so on....
    Wouldn't #5 be health & human services?
    Free shit for everyone!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Draft order:

and so on....
    Free shit for everyone!
    Lol.  That is funny as hell. 
  • Options

Draft order:

and so on....
    Brian Lux for Secretary of the Interior.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Joe Biden

Draft order:

and so on....
    Free shit for everyone!
    Lol, well I meant it as everyone picks that cabinet position for Biden, but that’s even better. We’ll all choose a position. Frankly we’d be better than Trump’s idiots. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg

Draft order:

and so on....
    Brian Lux for Secretary of the Interior.
    YES!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,814
    Pete Buttigeg

Draft order:

and so on....
    Free shit for everyone!

One of those "glad I wasn't drinking something when I read this" kind of moments.

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    Three swing states (check my math)... VA, NC, MN.  Biden showing real strength.  Minnesota is no gimme state so if he wins it,  that's significant for the general
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Three swing states (check my math)... VA, NC, MN.  Biden showing real strength.  Minnesota is no gimme state so if he wins it,  that's significant for the general
    I thought Biden just said he won Minnesota.  
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    mcgruff10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I thought Biden just said he won Minnesota.  
    He did,  but it hasn't been called yet