Options

Who is your choice in the Democratic Presidential Primary?

Comments

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    static111 said:
    Just wondering because I can’t find any info.  Did warren endorse Biden and if so how many days after she dropped out? Does that not matter? Or is this only a crap on Bernie party?
    I think Warren is the only other (major) candidate who hasn't endorsed Biden

Bernie made it a point to commit to supporting the D candidate when directly asked during the debates

His message the other day made it point to say he remains in the race and wants more delegates
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Joe Biden
    Our primary system is fucking stupid.
    Posters on here have been saying Bernie needs to drop out for more than a month, despite a huge percentage of the Democratic populace not even having had the chance to vote yet.  I've been tolerating it, but now I'm pissed.  I finally get a chance to cast a vote, and there are no choices left.  You BidenBros got your way, and now, in the 7th most populated state in the country, I don't have the opportunity to vote for ANY of the diverse Democratic candidates.
    In fact, thanks to the absolutely moronic rules of primary voting, COVID-19 and the tireless efforts of the BidenBros, the Democratic voters in the 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th most populated states no longer have a primary choice.
    Fucking stupid.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    edited April 2020
    Pete Buttigeg
    rgambs said:
    Posters on here have been saying Bernie needs to drop out for more than a month, despite a huge percentage of the Democratic populace not even having had the chance to vote yet.  I've been tolerating it, but now I'm pissed.  I finally get a chance to cast a vote, and there are no choices left.  You BidenBros got your way, and now, in the 7th most populated state in the country, I don't have the opportunity to vote for ANY of the diverse Democratic candidates.
    In fact, thanks to the absolutely moronic rules of primary voting, COVID-19 and the tireless efforts of the BidenBros, the Democratic voters in the 4th, 5th, 7th, and 8th most populated states no longer have a primary choice.
    Fucking stupid.

You're argument is with math,  not the  Biden supporters. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited April 2020
    Bernie Sanders
    CM189191 said:
    Wtf is uncle blazer and why are his opinions valid on anything?  He also claims Bernie is taking campaign contributions...pretty sure Bernie is asking his supporters to donate to causes and not make any contributions to his presidential run, but it’s ok to twist the facts I guess
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

My argument is with the dipshit system of caucuses and primaries that gives states like Iowa, NH, and SC, a ridiculously disproportionate influence on the selection of candidates available to later states. My frustration overflows on to the BidenBros that have been hounding everyone but Biden to drop out since Super Tuesday, and regular Biden supporters aren't even on my radar.
    Even without BidenBros, many, if not most of us never had/would have had a chance to vote for the candidate we liked most.
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    CM189191 said:
    Do you believe this garbage or just like to have your hands in feces? 
    You lose credibility with practically every post nowadays. 
    Flip flop.
    Nice sandals.
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

My argument is with the dipshit system of caucuses and primaries that gives states like Iowa, NH, and SC, a ridiculously disproportionate influence on the selection of candidates available to later states. My frustration overflows on to the BidenBros that have been hounding everyone but Biden to drop out since Super Tuesday, and regular Biden supporters aren't even on my radar.
    Even without BidenBros, many, if not most of us never had/would have had a chance to vote for the candidate we liked most.
    I feel like the Biden Bros thing is a fabrication.   However,  are you arguing that states should be ordered in the primary based on population?  Someone else here argued vehemently that only blue and purple states should even get a say,  then refined that to purple should go first.  In either of those scenarios,  Ohio is basically left out. 
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

I feel like the Biden Bros thing is a fabrication.   However,  are you arguing that states should be ordered in the primary based on population?  Someone else here argued vehemently that only blue and purple states should even get a say,  then refined that to purple should go first.  In either of those scenarios,  Ohio is basically left out. 
    Why not have all primaries on the same day?
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,179
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

and iowa, and missouri, and all of the other states that had their primary nearly 8 months before the general. the primaries should all be held on the same day nationwide. there is absolutely no reason for us to have a 2 year campaign for a 4 year job. out system is a joke.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

The most super Tuesday of all. I know that my state, WA, has historically been one of the latest primaries, and understand the frustration of have ZERO choice by the time the primaries came our way. This year we moved to the Tuesday after Super Tuesday and it was great feeling like we had some input in the process (although was disappointed that even that early we lost a significant number of options). I also hate that Iowa and NH are somehow slotted first. Having no relationships, family, business or any other interest in those two insignificant states, it has always been baffling to me why they have the influence they do.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Joe Biden
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

How can you feel that way with daily posts spamming every primary related post with "Did Bernie drop out yet" "Bernie should drop out" etc.
    I've seen it too much on Twitter and FB to just dismiss it.  They use the same useful-idiot vehemence and tone as the BernieBros used to attack Clinton.

No, the States should all vote on the same day or in a series of a few contests spread over a few weeks. 
    Give everyone a chance to vote for someone like Yang.  
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,661
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

Because that favors candidates with greater fundraising ability and name recognition and doesn’t allow for a Obama type to catch on and build momentum. And states’ rights to determine their primary date. But I could get with some kind of reformulated primary system of mixing least/most populated states into 3 or 4 rounds separated by two weeks. Even so, it might result in one left standing by the final round and I have no idea how it’d work. But giving so much credence to Iowa and NH is ridiculous.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Joe Biden
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

Because that favors candidates with greater fundraising ability and name recognition and doesn’t allow for a Obama type to catch on and build momentum. And states’ rights to determine their primary date. But I could get with some kind of reformulated primary system of mixing least/most populated states into 3 or 4 rounds separated by two weeks. Even so, it might result in one left standing by the final round and I have no idea how it’d work. But giving so much credence to Iowa and NH is ridiculous.
    This is an outdated mode of thinking.  A contest on a single day favors a "social media sensation" candidate, and allows for candidates who can't fund massive, months-long ground campaigns to stay in the running long enough for people to vote.  A single day of voting FAVORS an Obama, or Yang/Butigieg style candidate.

I get the argument though that the organization of the ground campaign is a proving ground for the candidates, and so I think a few consolidated rounds of voting in the course of a few weeks to a month is a perfect middle ground.
    Post edited by rgambs on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Joe Biden
    rgambs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

This is an outdated mode of thinking.  A contest on a single day favors a "social media sensation" candidate, and allows for candidates who can't fund massive, months-long ground campaigns to stay in the running long enough for people to vote.  A single day of voting FAVORS an Obama, or Yang/Butigieg style candidate.

I get the argument though that the organization of the ground campaign is a proving ground for the candidates, and so I think a few consolidated rounds of voting in the course of a few weeks to a month is a perfect middle ground.
    Maybe don’t do a single day, but allocate 10 states at a time over five separate “Super Tuesdays” or 5 states over 10 Super Tuesdays, or whatever. The system as it is blows. Pennsylvania has about three times as many people as Iowa and New Hampshire combined. Why the fuck do those two states have more say in presidential primaries than Pennsylvania (who has NO say this year)? Just a horrible system. Worse than the electoral college system in the general. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Pete Buttigeg
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

Imagine you have 20 candidates and all states vote.  No one will win a majority and the decision will go to the convention for a brokered selection.  Imagine the cries of "establishment", "elites" "rigged".
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

Imagine how republicans feel....they didn't get a choice at all this primary
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,661
    rgambs said:
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    rgambs said:
    Fucking stupid.

So a social media savvy candidate gets the nod but then as they campaign for the general, the voters pay attention to the absolute cluster fuck, poor policy ideas and misstatements and gaffes, maybe the skellys come out of the closet too and they get creamed in the general. Particularly against an incumbent. No thank you.

Primaries are a vetting process and not just dems pay attention.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Wtf is uncle blazer and why are his opinions valid on anything?  He also claims Bernie is taking campaign contributions...pretty sure Bernie is asking his supporters to donate to causes and not make any contributions to his presidential run, but it’s ok to twist the facts I guess
    Maybe you missed Bernie's statement the other day when he suspended his campaign and refused to explicitly endorse Biden like he promised

Also, you can donate here if you want : https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bern-site?refcode=website-home-nav
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    CM189191 said:
    Flip flop.
    Nice sandals.

• Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:
    CM189191 said:
    Flip flop.
    Nice sandals.

Yeah, this guy seems like  a loon
  • Options
    Bernie Sanders
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Maybe you missed Bernie's statement the other day when he suspended his campaign and refused to explicitly endorse Biden like he promised

Also, you can donate here if you want : https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bern-site?refcode=website-home-nav
    The donations page on Warren, Yang, klobachaur, and Harris presidential campaign page are all still open. Are they part of this groundless conspiracy as well?  Bernie dropped out yesterday get over yourself he will absolutely endorse Biden. I have no doubt.  It may not be on your time frame, but it will happen and won’t cost Biden the election.  Again warren has still not endorsed Biden and ended her campaign a month ago. Elizabeth Warren Russian asset? Lol. So is part of being a registered Democrat subscribing to every conspiracy on Twitter? Twitter has been crying about conspiracies for 3 years yet we still have trump. Take a break from twitter
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:

The donations page on Warren, Yang, klobachaur, and Harris presidential campaign page are all still open. Are they part of this groundless conspiracy as well?  Bernie dropped out yesterday get over yourself he will absolutely endorse Biden. I have no doubt.  It may not be on your time frame, but it will happen and won’t cost Biden the election.  Again warren has still not endorsed Biden and ended her campaign a month ago. Elizabeth Warren Russian asset? Lol. So is part of being a registered Democrat subscribing to every conspiracy on Twitter? Twitter has been crying about conspiracies for 3 years yet we still have trump. Take a break from twitter
    I said this earlier, but Bernie was on Colbert last night. He will be endorsing Biden...it's just a matter of time.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    Everyone needs to be done worrying about Bernie.  
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,104
    Bernie Sanders
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:

Maybe he finds it troublesome supporting a sexual assaulter?

Some people have morals you know.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Pete Buttigeg
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:

Did he say that, or do you just assume you and a Jewish senior senator from the state of Vermont think the same?
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:

nobody is supporting biden because he could be a sexual assaulter. trump has over 20 credible allegations against him. 

if it means getting trump the fuck out of the office, i will support a mass murderer at this point. this is a special election, the biggest of our lifetimes. the moral standards have to be lowered a bit to get trump the fuck out of there.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:
    static111 said:
    CM189191 said:

Warren, Yang, Klobachaur and Harris can use that money to run again in future elections.  

Do you think Bernie intends to run again in 2024? 

Warren is only interested in uniting Democrats against tRUmp.  Bernie is only interested in creating division. If Bernie were truly interested in pushing his agenda and progress, he would endorse Biden.  He's self defeating at this point, it's a bad look for Bernie.  
  • Options
    it is not a game. hundreds of thousands of lives hang in the balance. if trump wins, he will gut medicaid, get rid of the ACA, and people will fucking die.

get over yourselves for just once.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Everyone needs to be done worrying about Bernie.  
    Agreed. Bernie should endorse Biden and disappear.