Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• I don’t know how it is at other venues but at the Scotiabank Arena the GA area isn’t fully occupied, they leave the space behind the sound booth unoccupied for safety reasons.
    Wrigley, and Milwaukee GA have always had tons of space in the back.  Nice and Comfy area for both.  
    1st:  6/26/1998 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    3rd:  8/18/2000 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    4th:  10/8/2000 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl)
    5th:  4/23/2003 - Assembly Hall - Champaign, IL
    6th:  6/18/2003 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    7th:  6/21/2003 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    8th:  5/16/06 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    9th:  6/29/2006 - Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI
    10th:  8/23/2009 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    11th:  5/7/2010 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    12th:  7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    13th:  10/20/2014 - BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
    14th:  8/20/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    15th:  8/22/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    16th:  8/18/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    17th:  8/20/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    18th:  9/5/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    19th:  9/7/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    20th:  8/29/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    21st:  8/31/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL

• RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    I don’t know how it is at other venues but at the Scotiabank Arena the GA area isn’t fully occupied, they leave the space behind the sound booth unoccupied for safety reasons.
    They generally don't put the sound board within the GA area, at least at arena shows. Look at that ACC picture on the last page. Soundboard near back of floor in the reserved area.
  • ejk1280 said:
    If I get GA I’ll be on the rail.  The back rail leaning against it.  

That’s  my perch.
    91 - Ames Iowa CY Stephens Auditorium
    Lots Lots Lots of shows.....
    2018 - Seattle 2/Missoula
  • OceansOceans Posts: 86
    JR86440 said:
    This was my view in 2016 in Toronto, from a ticket I bought off a reseller.

It was decent but my hope is I get something a little better. If not, I’d be gutted. 

(Kidding)
    After seeing them at Fenway, I will take those seats all day long!!

JR86440 said:

It was decent but my hope is I get something a little better. If not, I’d be gutted. 

(Kidding)
    I've attached a picture of my night #2 Fenway reserved tickets.  Pesky's pole is iconic but not see through.  lol to those tickets. 
  • RF283499RF283499 Posts: 141
    Saw an email notification! Quickly looked to see if it was from the band.

Nope, a "lawyer" telling me I was in Epstein's Will and to contact him for instructions on how to collect all my money. Damn spam.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    All this talk about emails...does it actually say anywhere that we will even get one? Tickets appearing in your Ticketmaster account doesn't necessarily mean seating info will be emailed. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RF283499 said:
    I don’t know how it is at other venues but at the Scotiabank Arena the GA area isn’t fully occupied, they leave the space behind the sound booth unoccupied for safety reasons.
    They generally don't put the sound board within the GA area, at least at arena shows. Look at that ACC picture on the last page. Soundboard near back of floor in the reserved area.
    I know, that’s my photo. ;)

When I saw Radiohead at the same venue in 2018 it was all standing down in the floor but we were not able to stand past the sound booth.
  • JimmyV said:
    All this talk about emails...does it actually say anywhere that we will even get one? Tickets appearing in your Ticketmaster account doesn't necessarily mean seating info will be emailed. 
    Says we’ll receive instructions on how to view are tickets the week of Jan 27. I assume those instructions will come by email.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but the music sounds the same no matter where you are, no?
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:
    Says we’ll receive instructions on how to view are tickets the week of Jan 27. I assume those instructions will come by email.
    Gotcha. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    edited January 2020
    PD279656 said:
    That picture above of Toronto is crazy. Everyone nut to butt hours before a concert like a bunch of cows at feeding time. 
    Meanwhile if you show up hours later you’re 10 feet behind them. I dunno...count me as one of the people who love just hanging at the back of GA, free to go to the bathroom and get a drink whenever I want and still have a great view with plenty of personal space.
    We walked into the Toronto GA pit approximately 30 minutes before the band took the stage, stood roughly in the middle of the pit dead centre and still had massive gaps of people all around us - everyone wants to squeeze up front (God bless ‘em). We had Tie Domi and Chris Chelios right next to us as well.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Oceans said:
    JR86440 said:

(Kidding)

JR86440 said:

(Kidding)
    I've attached a picture of my night #2 Fenway reserved tickets.  Pesky's pole is iconic but not see through.  lol to those tickets. 
    That's like my seat "watching" The Pixies at the Ryman a few years back. Gigantic support pole right in my lap. Couldn't see shit.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Saltzy23 said:
    Correct me if I am wrong here, but the music sounds the same no matter where you are, no?

It is a totally different vibe being 7 rows back from the stage in general admission than being upper deck in the back corner.  Better in the building than out though.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Oceans said:
    JR86440 said:

(Kidding)

JR86440 said:

(Kidding)
    Even without the pole you would be looking at the screens most of the time from that seat. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,951
    Oceans said:
    JR86440 said:

(Kidding)

JR86440 said:

(Kidding)

I got stuck behind a support beam at Fenway a few years ago when I took my kids to see Red Sox/Yankees game.  I could either see the pitcher or the batter depending on which way I leaned my head, but not both at the same time.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    edited January 2020
    Saltzy23 said:
    Try this at home with your tv - move around your house and tell me it sounds exactly the same wherever you are. I don't mean volume wise. Just what parts you hear better than others and where in your room it blends the best.  

GA isn't even the best place for sound.  You're right in front or below the speakers. The best sound seats in the house are generally at the sound board or thereabouts (assuming not a weird set up).
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Saltzy23 said:
    Try this at home with your tv - move around your house and tell me it sounds exactly the same wherever you are. I don't mean volume wise. Just what parts you hear better than others and where in your room it blends the best.  

GA isn't even the best place for sound.  You're right in front or below the speakers. The best sound seats in the house are generally at the sound board or thereabouts (assuming not a weird set up).
    yeah, personally, the best sound in an arena is straight in the back, a few rows off the floor.  So, behind the soundboard, and up over it so you can see.  Those arent the best sight lines, but probably the best sound. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Just realized the notification says it will come "the week of 27 January" vs. on 27 January. If they wait until Thursday or Friday this week...some of us will explode by then.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    SFOtoJFK said:
    Just realized the notification says it will come "the week of 27 January" vs. on 27 January. If they wait until Thursday or Friday this week...some of us will explode by then.
    LOL

• SFOtoJFK said:
    Just realized the notification says it will come "the week of 27 January" vs. on 27 January. If they wait until Thursday or Friday this week...some of us will explode by then.
    That's what I was thinking. What if they're jerks and don't even start it today
  • Someone needs to get a email
  • Maybe they’re busy ensuring all 10c purchases are legit especially now that people are eBaying apparent GA tix
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    100 Pacer said:
    PD279656 said:
    That picture above of Toronto is crazy. Everyone nut to butt hours before a concert like a bunch of cows at feeding time. 
    Meanwhile if you show up hours later you’re 10 feet behind them. I dunno...count me as one of the people who love just hanging at the back of GA, free to go to the bathroom and get a drink whenever I want and still have a great view with plenty of personal space.
    We walked into the Toronto GA pit approximately 30 minutes before the band took the stage, stood roughly in the middle of the pit dead centre and still had massive gaps of people all around us - everyone wants to squeeze up front (God bless ‘em). We had Tie Domi and Chris Chelios right next to us as well.
    you get a hanson hat trick with domi?
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    SFOtoJFK said:
    The three stages of PJ ticket related grief....

1. Gutted
    2. Shattered
    3. Explode
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    edited January 2020
    Wrigley, and Milwaukee GA have always had tons of space in the back.  Nice and Comfy area for both.  
    I was turned off of GA after my first, and only time so far, Wrigley 2013. After the rain delay security wasn't doing anything to prevent people from coming it. They were jumping the rail, running straight in and so on. It was so crowded for the second half it was very uncomfortable. But that I think was the exception, mostly due to the lack of enforcing GA wristbands, the staff was so over the event by then.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    SFOtoJFK said:

1. Gutted
    2. Shattered
    3. Explode
    4. Announce that you're quitting the club
    5. Enter lottery for next tour
    6. Return to #1 and repeat
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,150
    tdawe said:
    SFOtoJFK said:

1. Gutted
    2. Shattered
    3. Explode
    4. Announce that you're quitting the club
    5. Enter lottery for next tour
    6. Return to #1 and repeat
    What about the part of gushing over the club when they announce mystery boxes are for sale?
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 || Chicago, IL August 29, 2024 
  • SFOtoJFK said:

1. Gutted
    2. Shattered
    3. Explode
    or the trifecta--Gutatterplode
  • jdopj said:
    PB11041 said:
    jdopj said:
    We never knew where our seats were until day of. That was fun. Wish it was the same way.

It was more fun without GA.  There is no thrill of getting front row or in the first 20 rows anymore.
    Said nobody else
    Eh, I agree with him.  GA is a cluster fuck of insanity, people waiting in lines "gotta get rail, gotta get rail".   
    Yep, this
    I agree it's a cluster fuck, but you don't need to be a part of it.

I went reserved, but the energy of the GA can definitely be felt by the band.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    I am surprised no one has gone from being gutted to being shattered, which is much worse!
    Can a gut be shattered?
    That’s a shart.
    hippiemom = goodness