Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    mcgruff10 said:
    Would tickets be located in your Ticketmaster account?  (Serious question)
    They're under the "Gutted" tab once you click "My Tickets"

• fucking amateurs holding it til the show....if you were truly dedicated you'd be wearing depends
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    why are people bugging about where they are sitting?  if you won ten club tickets you got tickets for face value which is amazing. look at the stub hub prices for MSG.  I was shut out of MSG.  If you don't like your MSG ten club ticket I will gladly take it.  I don't care if it's in the last row of a partial viewing row in section 1000 :|
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • fucking amateurs holding it til the show....if you were truly dedicated you'd be wearing depends
    Or get one of these

https://www.stadiumpal.com/
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    MR242791 said:
    why are people bugging about where they are sitting?  if you won ten club tickets you got tickets for face value which is amazing. look at the stub hub prices for MSG.  I was shut out of MSG.  If you don't like your MSG ten club ticket I will gladly take it.  I don't care if it's in the last row of a partial viewing row in section 1000 :|
    Not being curious about where your seats might be is...weird.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Part of me misses finding out the day of the show. Standing in line and opening that envelope to see where my tickets were. I still remember picking up my Ed solo tickets one year and finding out I scored 2nd row, I just stood there staring and shaking.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    For the Home Shows, it wasn’t my standard Ticketmaster account. It was a ten club/Ticketmaster account where I used my 10C credentials to go in and download them. My guess would be this process again. 

• MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    JimmyV said:
    MR242791 said:
    Nope I could care less.  I'm just happy getting face value tickets and being in the building. all i need is my concert ticket a beer in my hand and I'm happy.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    mcgruff10 said:
    I believe so. I'm checking My Tickets regularly; I would bet that they show up there before you get an email about it.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    mattcoz said:
    Part of me misses finding out the day of the show. Standing in line and opening that envelope to see where my tickets were. I still remember picking up my Ed solo tickets one year and finding out I scored 2nd row, I just stood there staring and shaking.
    I agree with this only now I'm pissed off about my seat location for 2 months before the show and not 2 hours.

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    tdawe said:
    It's going to be a long week so I was thinking I'd pre-answer several of the common complaints that we'll be seeing pop up (each with its own dedicated thread I'm sure). We can just bookmark this and refer back to it rather than typing these things out dozens of times.

1. Other people have started getting their notifications and I haven't yet. Take it easy. Make a cup of tea, read a book, take a walk. The shows are two months away; you'll be okay.

2. I got shut out of my GA-only request and I see people who requested Best Available getting pit tickets. This has been addressed several times over the last two weeks. It was a lottery, and picking "GA Only" did not provide you with better chances than "Best Available" - in fact it was much worse, as both options gave you identical chances to get drawn for the pit, with GA-only not having the fallback of potentially getting seats.

3. I got reserved seats and people with lower numbers got GA. Based on our common understanding* of how the lottery worked, seniority did not affect whether you got tickets at all, or whether you got GA or reserved, but only the location of the reserved seats once they had been fully drawn.

4. My seats are worse than they were for previous tours. This one was addressed directly in the initial communications from the club. It is apparent that the Ten Club was able to get far more tickets for the lottery on this tour than on previous ones, and the crucial thing to understand is that that means there are more winners with a lower number than you

5. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for a different showSome of these shows had higher demand in the lottery than others. It is very likely that there are fewer member tickets being awarded for, say, OKC than for MSG, and so it stands to reason that the worst fan club seats in OKC will be better than the worst ones in the Garden. If you have a problem with this, try putting in for the lower-demand shows in the future and (as this 506xxx member can tell you from experience) you will enjoy better seats.

6. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for the same show. No they didn't. Unless and until we start confirming that this is happening a lot, you should assume that one or both of you is wrong.

7. Better seats than mine are showing up on the resale market. There can be several reasons for this, including but not limited to (a) the scalper has a Ten Club account and entered the lottery for the purpose of reselling, (b) the scalper doesn't have the tickets yet and is speculating and (c) there were actually some seats available in the VF and general sales that were better than some of the 10C tickets. None of this means that TM or the club messed up or that you have been treated unfairly.

6. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

7. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.

Your typing is gorgeous. 
    Thanks.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    Oceans said:
    tdawe said:
    It's going to be a long week so I was thinking I'd pre-answer several of the common complaints that we'll be seeing pop up (each with its own dedicated thread I'm sure). We can just bookmark this and refer back to it rather than typing these things out dozens of times.

1. Other people have started getting their notifications and I haven't yet. Take it easy. Make a cup of tea, read a book, take a walk. The shows are two months away; you'll be okay.

2. I got shut out of my GA-only request and I see people who requested Best Available getting pit tickets. This has been addressed several times over the last two weeks. It was a lottery, and picking "GA Only" did not provide you with better chances than "Best Available" - in fact it was much worse, as both options gave you identical chances to get drawn for the pit, with GA-only not having the fallback of potentially getting seats.

3. I got reserved seats and people with lower numbers got GA. Based on our common understanding* of how the lottery worked, seniority did not affect whether you got tickets at all, or whether you got GA or reserved, but only the location of the reserved seats once they had been fully drawn.

4. My seats are worse than they were for previous tours. This one was addressed directly in the initial communications from the club. It is apparent that the Ten Club was able to get far more tickets for the lottery on this tour than on previous ones, and the crucial thing to understand is that that means there are more winners with a lower number than you

5. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for a different showSome of these shows had higher demand in the lottery than others. It is very likely that there are fewer member tickets being awarded for, say, OKC than for MSG, and so it stands to reason that the worst fan club seats in OKC will be better than the worst ones in the Garden. If you have a problem with this, try putting in for the lower-demand shows in the future and (as this 506xxx member can tell you from experience) you will enjoy better seats.

6. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for the same show. No they didn't. Unless and until we start confirming that this is happening a lot, you should assume that one or both of you is wrong.

7. Better seats than mine are showing up on the resale market. There can be several reasons for this, including but not limited to (a) the scalper has a Ten Club account and entered the lottery for the purpose of reselling, (b) the scalper doesn't have the tickets yet and is speculating and (c) there were actually some seats available in the VF and general sales that were better than some of the 10C tickets. None of this means that TM or the club messed up or that you have been treated unfairly.

6. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

7. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.  One more thing I realized after doing the Stadium shows is that if your first pick is reserved then those tickets are allocated (seniority based).  Then the next batch is selected for your #2 pick.  If you get reserved, you're in that second batch so immediately worse seats than a #1pick

This is the way I understood it for the Stadium tour.  Can we confirm this?

Not how I understand it. But not a bad idea, factor in seniority and pick #. Probably an extra step that they wont want to do, and having a pretty good # I'm okay with the way it is. But I wouldn't complain if all #1 picks had  a better seat than my #2.
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    MR242791 said:

Nope I could care less.  I'm just happy getting face value tickets and being in the building. all i need is my concert ticket a beer in my hand and I'm happy.
    We need more of this guy. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    mattcoz said:
    I agree with this only now I'm pissed off about my seat location for 2 months before the show and not 2 hours.
    Heh, good point.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    MR242791 said:
    JimmyV said:
    MR242791 said:
    Too each their own. I'm happy to be in the building too, but I still want to know where my seats are. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Beer is too expensive. My wife and I already planned on taking the train in so we can have a 24 oz can in each hand. We keep things classy.
  • jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,991
    I'm in for 2 shows,  Don't care where I'm at. Didn't have to stress public sales, and have always been happy with where 10C has put me.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas | 2024-08-31 Chicago
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    mace1229 said:
    Beer is too expensive. My wife and I already planned on taking the train in so we can have a 24 oz can in each hand. We keep things classy.
    Stop being a cheap ass and get her a 40 oz for each hand.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,469
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I have to pee already
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    In order to drink 80 oz of beer I would need a bag of something salty, like pretzels. Otherwise I just can do it.
    I refuse to be that guy with 2 40s and a bag of pretzels on the train. I draw the line at pretzels. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I have to pee already
    Memories of those last couple sips of straight up malt.....ugh
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    mace1229 said:
    In order to drink 80 oz of beer I would need a bag of something salty, like pretzels. Otherwise I just can do it.
    I refuse to be that guy with 2 40s and a bag of pretzels on the train. I draw the line at pretzels. 
    Image result for these pretzels are making me thirsty gif
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    tdawe said:

8. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

9. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.
    Whatcha doin later? Maybe we can go grab a drink? 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Edward 40 Hands and PJ concerts , that would be fun
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    Got email confirming I won lottery.. once I get seat info, do I need to include my middle name to ensure entrance into venue? And if so, what about if someone put in for more shows but got GA and I didnt? Can't I seize their tickets? Help here...I'm starting get a little SAG (stressed and gutted)
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    I scored from 10 Club for both Oakland shows. I realize these aren't nearly as in demand as MSG, but I absolutely care where my seats are. If for some reason they were in the last row of the upper deck for both nights, I'd skip one of them. I love PJ, but there isn't a band on the planet I'd pay $125 a pop to sit in the worst seats in the house for 2 nights. I do, however, expect to get good to decent seats in the lower bowl if I don't get GA. And that will be fine.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    MR242791 said:
    I'm sure some people who put "Best Available" are concerned if they got GA or Reserved. 

Also, for those that have 10C reserved tickets, its always nice to see where your number kinda matches up. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    MD190661 said:
    I scored from 10 Club for both Oakland shows. I realize these aren't nearly as in demand as MSG, but I absolutely care where my seats are. If for some reason they were in the last row of the upper deck for both nights, I'd skip one of them. I love PJ, but there isn't a band on the planet I'd pay $125 a pop to sit in the worst seats in the house for 2 nights. I do, however, expect to get good to decent seats in the lower bowl if I don't get GA. And that will be fine.
    yup.

For Ottawa, I am waiting on best available.  Things change if I end up reserved back of the floor.  Those seats are uninhabitable to me.  I am 5'5".  Its not enjoyable to stare at someone's back for 2-3 hours.  

If I got that, I could make arrangements to get seats, possibly try to swap by way of that ticket exchange or whatever
    MD190661 said:
    I do agree with you. If my seats suck for Quebec City there is no way I am driving 8 hours.  I would just sell them. 
  • Can't wait!!! Oh, I guess I do. Nevermind.