Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• jdopj said:
    We never knew where our seats were until day of. That was fun. Wish it was the same way.

It was more fun without GA.  There is no thrill of getting front row or in the first 20 rows anymore.
    Said nobody else
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    edited January 2020

jdopj said:
    We never knew where our seats were until day of. That was fun. Wish it was the same way.

The thrill is still there, it just arrives a couple months earlier. That's why everyone is hanging around here posting on this thread, waiting for their tickets to arrive.
    Post edited by tdawe on
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • ponytdponytd Posts: 654
    I haven't read all the posts, so pardon me if it's been mentioned, but don't Analog members get better seats over Digital members? Here is my understanding for what highest priority for seats would be:
    1. Lowest 10C number
    2 Analog Members
    3 Digital Members
    4 Benaroya vinyl owners
    5 Anyone with over 40 posters
    6 Largest pin collections
    7. Verified fan tickets

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    jdopj said:

It was more fun without GA.  There is no thrill of getting front row or in the first 20 rows anymore.
    Said nobody else
    Eh, I agree with him.  GA is a cluster fuck of insanity, people waiting in lines "gotta get rail, gotta get rail".   
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mattsavard said:
    SHOCKING NEWS: 

In response to all the Gutted fans, Pearl Jam has made the entire 10C seating area into GA, so EVERYONE GETS GA!! 

#FRONTROWFORALL 

[Crowd: BOOOOO]

Front row for none!

[Crowd: BOOOOO]

Front row for some, whiny fan club message board posts for others!

[Crowd: YAAAAAAY] 
    Post edited by tdawe at 12:04PM
  • cmcardcmcard Posts: 86
    edited January 2020
    ponytd said:
    I haven't read all the posts, so pardon me if it's been mentioned, but don't Analog members get better seats over Digital members? Here is my understanding for what highest priority for seats would be:
    1. Lowest 10C number
    2 Analog Members
    3 Digital Members
    4 Benaroya vinyl owners
    7. Verified fan tickets

You left out one ..

The band is looking for understudies in the case someone is sick day of the show..they will be holding tryouts (via a lottery...10c seniority) week of Feb 2nd.  Songs during tryouts will be Go, Pendulum, and The Fixer (backup vocals are encouraged, but not a must)
    Gear will be provided at the rehearsal studio.  

Please do not email band asking if you were selected...they will get back to you via a verified TM message
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    PB11041 said:
    jdopj said:

Said nobody else
    Eh, I agree with him.  GA is a cluster fuck of insanity, people waiting in lines "gotta get rail, gotta get rail".   
    The GA thing has become crazy, no argument there.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JR86440JR86440 Posts: 742
    This was my view in 2016 in Toronto, from a ticket I bought off a reseller.

It was decent but my hope is I get something a little better. If not, I’d be gutted. 

(Kidding)
    After seeing them at Fenway, I will take those seats all day long!!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,268
    I realized in Wrigley, even with good seats, I'd rather hang out in the back of GA than have good reserved seats. It didn't look to be too packed, so as long as there's room in the back I think I will be preferring GA. just he freedom to move around is worth it.
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mace1229 said:
    I realized in Wrigley, even with good seats, I'd rather hang out in the back of GA than have good reserved seats. It didn't look to be too packed, so as long as there's room in the back I think I will be preferring GA. just he freedom to move around is worth it.
    that is exactly what I would do with GA, I have no interest in that crush up front.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    That picture above of Toronto is crazy. Everyone nut to butt hours before a concert like a bunch of cows at feeding time. 
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    mace1229 said:
    Back of GA is the best place in any building. Close to the stage and as much room as you could want. Might need to be a bit off to the side, but still an awesome place. Last 2 PJ shows have been in GA and I got in 30 minutes before show time and had the spot I wanted. Look at the picture above to get an idea.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    PB11041 said:
    jdopj said:

Said nobody else
    Also agreed.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    jdopj said:

Said nobody else
    I was referring to the thrill of finding out seat locations the day of the show.     Not as exciting to find out you are tenth row in the first or second section in the stands as finding out you won the lottery for first row or tenth row, or just having a great spot on the floor.
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    PD279656 said:
    That picture above of Toronto is crazy. Everyone nut to butt hours before a concert like a bunch of cows at feeding time. 
    Meanwhile if you show up hours later you’re 10 feet behind them. I dunno...count me as one of the people who love just hanging at the back of GA, free to go to the bathroom and get a drink whenever I want and still have a great view with plenty of personal space.
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    JR86440 said:
    This was my view in 2016 in Toronto, from a ticket I bought off a reseller.

It was decent but my hope is I get something a little better. If not, I’d be gutted. 

(Kidding)
    After seeing them at Fenway, I will take those seats all day long!!
    Yep.  They're closer than the closest non-field seats at the ballparks. 

• gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 442
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by gusturtle on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    ponytd said:
    1. Lowest 10C number
    2 Analog Members
    3 Digital Members
    4 Benaroya vinyl owners
    7. Verified fan tickets

You left out 2 very important parts of the jamily.
    People with the Complete PJ Sock Collection
    People with the Complete PJ Lighter Collection
  • PD279656 said:
    Meanwhile if you show up hours later you’re 10 feet behind them. I dunno...count me as one of the people who love just hanging at the back of GA, free to go to the bathroom and get a drink whenever I want and still have a great view with plenty of personal space.

amen to that! Nothing beats the freedom to move around and not get groped by some old dude or drunk teenager reaching for his phone to record the entire concert.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    It will be interesting to see what TM's view of best available is.  Pretty subjective.  Lower bowl close to the stage is certainly better than on the floor in the back, in my opinion.  Hell, I'd even take lower bowl even with the back floor seats because of they're elevated.  TM could view being on the floor as better though.  Time will tell and surely a large trail of guts will be left behind.
  • So do we find this shiz out today or is it “the week of the 23rd?” Can’t remember.  And reading comprehension matters not to me.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ejk1280ejk1280 Posts: 84
    If I get GA I’ll be on the rail.  The back rail leaning against it.  
  • SL6005SL6005 Posts: 19
    MD190661 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Back of GA is the best place in any building. Close to the stage and as much room as you could want. Might need to be a bit off to the side, but still an awesome place. Last 2 PJ shows have been in GA and I got in 30 minutes before show time and had the spot I wanted. Look at the picture above to get an idea.
    Totally agree!  Had GA for both Greenville and Columbia.  Kept my distance from the nut-to-butt crowd and was dead-center to the stage.  No complaints.
    1994 - Boston #1
    1996 - Randall's Island #1
    1998 - Camden #1, Camden #2
    2003 - Oklahoma City
    2008 - Columbia
    2013 - Charlotte, Seattle
    2016 - Greenville (the Vs. show!), Columbia, Fenway #1, Fenway #2
    2020 - Baltimore, Nashville
    2022 - Nashville
    2024 - Philly #1, Baltimore
  • awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984

Ticket Delivery: Confirmed ticket requests will be digitally delivered in your Ticketmaster account during the week of January 27th.
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    PB11041 said:
    jdopj said:

Said nobody else
    Yep, this
  • PD279656 said:
    and they hand out posters, pins and stickers to the folks in the back of GA.....
  • PD279656 said:
    +1!  Get to party before the show with other fans, still get great spot on the floor and go get a beer, take a leak, whatever and no frenzy to get "your spot" back or ask someone to save it or fight with Even Bros -> wasting time and missing what is in front of you.  Back of GA = Dance the Night Away :-) 

What is even worse is reading the Ten Club's post about idiot fans creating their own "GA lineup order" and giving out numbers etc... what the f**k has GA come to?  I would prefer the whole floor be reserved again and you request floor or reserved but I also see PJ wanting to see different faces up front and giving newer members a chance to be up close too but GA is ridiculous now with these people who are so entitled to get rail that they create their own numbering system basically spitting in the face of the Ten Club who works so hard to make it fair for all.
  • awilkins said:

Ticket Delivery: Confirmed ticket requests will be digitally delivered in your Ticketmaster account during the week of January 27th.
    Thanks.  So I’ll check back on Saturday then when I still have no seat info
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Lets hear some Seat Confirmations    
    1st:  6/26/1998 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    3rd:  8/18/2000 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    4th:  10/8/2000 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl)
    5th:  4/23/2003 - Assembly Hall - Champaign, IL
    6th:  6/18/2003 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    7th:  6/21/2003 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    8th:  5/16/06 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    9th:  6/29/2006 - Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI
    10th:  8/23/2009 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    11th:  5/7/2010 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    12th:  7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    13th:  10/20/2014 - BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
    14th:  8/20/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    15th:  8/22/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    16th:  8/18/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    17th:  8/20/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    18th:  9/5/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    19th:  9/7/2023 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    20th:  8/29/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    21st:  8/31/2024 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL

• I don’t know how it is at other venues but at the Scotiabank Arena the GA area isn’t fully occupied, they leave the space behind the sound booth unoccupied for safety reasons.