Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• Sitting on Mars with some naked blue guy, email's running a little behind. 
    If I start traveling now, will I make the tour on time?
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Sitting on Mars with some naked blue guy, email's running a little behind. 
    Manhattan will get you to Manhattan on time. In fact...you are there right now. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,967
    edited January 2020
    Scored front row tix for Balt and MSG, but I'm going to be in hospital for a colon removal surgery (colectomy).  #Doublegutted
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    Scored front row tix for Balt and MSG, but I'm going to be in hospital for a colon removal surgery (colectomy).  #Doublegutted
    #NoGutsNoGutted
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    edited January 2020
    It's going to be a long week so I was thinking I'd pre-answer several of the common complaints that we'll be seeing pop up (each with its own dedicated thread I'm sure). We can just bookmark this and refer back to it rather than typing these things out dozens of times.

1. Other people have started getting their notifications and I haven't yet. Take it easy. Make a cup of tea, read a book, take a walk. The shows are two months away; you'll be okay.

2. I got shut out of my GA-only request and I see people who requested Best Available getting pit tickets. This has been addressed several times over the last two weeks. It was a lottery, and picking "GA Only" did not provide you with better chances than "Best Available" - in fact it was much worse, as both options gave you identical chances to get drawn for the pit, with GA-only not having the fallback of potentially getting seats.

3. I got reserved seats and people with lower numbers got GA. Based on our common understanding* of how the lottery worked, seniority did not affect whether you got tickets at all, or whether you got GA or reserved, but only the location of the reserved seats once they had been fully drawn.

4. My seats are worse than they were for previous tours. This one was addressed directly in the initial communications from the club. It is apparent that the Ten Club was able to get far more tickets for the lottery on this tour than on previous ones, and the crucial thing to understand is that that means there are more winners with a lower number than you

5. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for a different showSome of these shows had higher demand in the lottery than others. It is very likely that there are fewer member tickets being awarded for, say, OKC than for MSG, and so it stands to reason that the worst fan club seats in OKC will be better than the worst ones in the Garden. If you have a problem with this, try putting in for the lower-demand shows in the future and (as this 506xxx member can tell you from experience) you will enjoy better seats.

6. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for the same show. No they didn't. Unless and until we start confirming that this is happening a lot, you should assume that one or both of you is wrong.

7. Better seats than mine are showing up on the resale market. There can be several reasons for this, including but not limited to (a) the scalper has a Ten Club account and entered the lottery for the purpose of reselling, (b) the scalper doesn't have the tickets yet and is speculating and (c) there were actually some seats available in the VF and general sales that were better than some of the 10C tickets. None of this means that TM or the club messed up or that you have been treated unfairly.

8. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

9. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.
    Post edited by tdawe on
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    * This is a separate point that occurred to me while thinking about the previous post, but it’s possible that we have all be laboring under a misunderstanding about how GA/BA/RES worked in the lottery. Apologies if this has already been hashed out elsewhere and I just missed it and/or am slow on the uptake.

My understanding, which seems to be shared by most around here, is that for any given show/priority they were working in, they would draw an entry and assign it to GA (if the entry was GA or BA and GA was available) or to reserved (if the entry was RES, or if it was BA and GA was not available). But it strikes me now that they didn’t have to do it that way; they could have absolutely done it in a way that awarded GA tickets to BA entries based on seniority. There’s nothing to indicate they didn’t do it this way, and in fact it would help explain one of the big unsolved mysteries around the lottery (why weren’t we told whether we were GA or reserved last weekend?).

What if they just drew entries without allocating them to GA or reserved, until one of the following things happened: (1) they drew a total amount of entries that matched the total tickets they had available, in which case they’d stop drawing entirely, (2) they drew a number of GA-only entries that matched the total number of GA tickets available, in which case they would eliminate any remaining GA-only entries from the pool or (3) they drew a number of RES-only entries that matched the total number of seats available, in which case they would eliminate any remaining RES only entries from the pool?

As long as the GA-only entries drawn didn’t exceed the number of GA tickets, there was no need for them to actually determine at the time of the lottery which entries were going where (same thing for RES but let’s disregard that remote possibility for the moment). Then once it was time to allocate tickets by seniority, they could put all the GA winners into GA and treat the remaining GA tickets as the “best available” when they’re going through and assigning tickets to the BA/reserved winners. Again, that would explain why they didn’t let us know which type of ticket we had in the initial notification.

I have no real reason to think this is the case (and I’d selfishly like to think it’s not; I hope I had at least some chance at getting GA tickets for the Garden), and if you’re reading this after the notifications have gone out and your complaint falls into bucket #3 above, you should disregard all of this and assume that we were all right in the first place and the GA spots were lotteried off. But like I said, unless I’m missing something (very possible) there’s no reason they couldn’t have done it this way, and we’d have to adopt this lesson into our learnings for future lotteries.

Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • JimmyV said:
    Sitting on Mars with some naked blue guy, email's running a little behind. 
    Manhattan will get you to Manhattan on time. In fact...you are there right now. 
    *standing applause gif*
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I think the reason we didn't get to know what tickets we had was due to the lottery and seniority.  Because the lottery does not factor in seniority, they are selling tickets as names are picked and they can't assign seats at that time because the system does not know what the final seniority of the reserved fans will be until the end.  Goal #1 was getting the lottery done I bet, and then they could take a breather and focus on allocating the tickets after the public sale was complete.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Posts: 6,152
    edited January 2020
    inappropriate post deleted. please see the posting guidelines.
    Post edited by Sea on
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • TA243471TA243471 Posts: 1,234
    I'm starting to get a little pissed off.  First its with the tickets, but now this?  I've been a long time 10 club member, and I can still remember when a good 10 club number gave you the right to be gutted before so many of these newbees.  What is this world coming too.  Can't we at least pick a specific 10 club number, and lock out some of the riff-raff from this.  I may have to rethink my yearly membership.
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
    • 2024: Vancouver 1, Portland, Las Vegas 1&2, Seattle 1&2, Missoula, Dana Point 1 & 2
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    I think the reason we didn't get to know what tickets we had was due to the lottery and seniority.  Because the lottery does not factor in seniority, they are selling tickets as names are picked and they can't assign seats at that time because the system does not know what the final seniority of the reserved fans will be until the end.  Goal #1 was getting the lottery done I bet, and then they could take a breather and focus on allocating the tickets after the public sale was complete.
    100%
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    edited January 2020
    post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy Posts: 388
    edited January 2020
    post deleted
    Post edited by Sea on
  • OceansOceans Posts: 86
    tdawe said:
    It's going to be a long week so I was thinking I'd pre-answer several of the common complaints that we'll be seeing pop up (each with its own dedicated thread I'm sure). We can just bookmark this and refer back to it rather than typing these things out dozens of times.

1. Other people have started getting their notifications and I haven't yet. Take it easy. Make a cup of tea, read a book, take a walk. The shows are two months away; you'll be okay.

2. I got shut out of my GA-only request and I see people who requested Best Available getting pit tickets. This has been addressed several times over the last two weeks. It was a lottery, and picking "GA Only" did not provide you with better chances than "Best Available" - in fact it was much worse, as both options gave you identical chances to get drawn for the pit, with GA-only not having the fallback of potentially getting seats.

3. I got reserved seats and people with lower numbers got GA. Based on our common understanding* of how the lottery worked, seniority did not affect whether you got tickets at all, or whether you got GA or reserved, but only the location of the reserved seats once they had been fully drawn.

4. My seats are worse than they were for previous tours. This one was addressed directly in the initial communications from the club. It is apparent that the Ten Club was able to get far more tickets for the lottery on this tour than on previous ones, and the crucial thing to understand is that that means there are more winners with a lower number than you

5. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for a different showSome of these shows had higher demand in the lottery than others. It is very likely that there are fewer member tickets being awarded for, say, OKC than for MSG, and so it stands to reason that the worst fan club seats in OKC will be better than the worst ones in the Garden. If you have a problem with this, try putting in for the lower-demand shows in the future and (as this 506xxx member can tell you from experience) you will enjoy better seats.

6. Someone with a higher number than me got better seats than I did for the same show. No they didn't. Unless and until we start confirming that this is happening a lot, you should assume that one or both of you is wrong.

7. Better seats than mine are showing up on the resale market. There can be several reasons for this, including but not limited to (a) the scalper has a Ten Club account and entered the lottery for the purpose of reselling, (b) the scalper doesn't have the tickets yet and is speculating and (c) there were actually some seats available in the VF and general sales that were better than some of the 10C tickets. None of this means that TM or the club messed up or that you have been treated unfairly.

6. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

7. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.  One more thing I realized after doing the Stadium shows is that if your first pick is reserved then those tickets are allocated (seniority based).  Then the next batch is selected for your #2 pick.  If you get reserved, you're in that second batch so immediately worse seats than a #1pick

This is the way I understood it for the Stadium tour.  Can we confirm this?

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Oceans said:
    tdawe said:

6. I only got one ticket when I thought I was getting two. You fucked up your entry. (We haven't heard this one yet I don't think, but I'm calling it now - there will be people who selected "1" [as in, "I know Ten Club tickets are sold in pairs, so I'll take one pair please"] for the number of tickets in their original entry, and who will only find out that they got a single when the seat location rolls in).

7. Miscellaneous complaints I haven't thought of. Be happy you're in the building.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up.  One more thing I realized after doing the Stadium shows is that if your first pick is reserved then those tickets are allocated (seniority based).  Then the next batch is selected for your #2 pick.  If you get reserved, you're in that second batch so immediately worse seats than a #1pick

I don't believe this was true. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Oceans said:
    tdawe said:

I think they rank seniority from all reserved tickets for a show regardless what priority pick you had it at. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    Oceans said:
    tdawe said:

I think they rank seniority from all reserved tickets for a show regardless what priority pick you had it at. 
    This is what I believe to be true as well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,532
    tdawe said:

Your typing is gorgeous. 
  • tdawe said:

Good work, very very good work here

or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• Just checked my Ticketmaster app and... you guessed it, gutted 

• this is from a phish forum and gets brought up every year. it applies here:

ANATOMY OF A TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT

1) Initial flurry of selfings, ranging from tour date predictions to mistaken venues.

2) Complaints about tour dates, venues, ticket price, and the band itself.

3) Noob influx, as noted by the second round of selfings - multiple orders on same card, etc. General inability to read instructions becomes apparent.

4) Sporadic conflicts erupt over perceived abuse of the lottery system, coupled with demands that a merit system / old mail order system be put in place.

5) Noob anxiety escalates as the lottery closes. Within hours, people demand to know when the results will be announced.

6) General chaos ensues, as holds appear and disappear from cards, cards are lost, ex-girlfriends cancel cards.

7) Results come out. The "Haves" mercilessly taunt the "Have Nots". More fights break out over multiple orders, and scalpers flood the board. Noobs begin to chart StubHub prices.

8) Preparation begins for the great TicketMaster rodeo. Practice threads pop up, along with potential backdoor links. Noobs crowing about "scoring on StubHub", and not having to worry about TM.

9) Ticketmaster onsale. Server crashes immediately, 23 "f*** TM" threads simultaneously appear.

10) Three minutes later, all difficult shows sold out. Front page consumed by ticket trade offers. People lick their wounds, exchange TM queue wait times. Back door link folks rejoice.

11) The forum slowly devolves back to "normal". Random outbreaks of anger and selfings occur as ticket trades go south.
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i just want to know how many people are in line for the rail in all the cities. and are you allowed bathroom breaks ? or do you have to hold it till the show? 
  • jjsimon99jjsimon99 Chicagoland Posts: 20
    Got shut out of computer use. If you let me use your computer to check for the email I will get in line now - and even buy you a poster!
    Orlando, Florida (August 23, 1992)
    Chicago, Illinois (June 18, 2003)
    Chicago, Illinois (August 23, 2009)
    Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013)
    Moline, IL (October 17, 2014)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Chicago 1 (August 18, 2018)
    Chicago 2 (August 20, 2018)
    St. Louis (April 4, 2020)

• foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    if you have to hold it till the show now that would be true fandom.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Would tickets be located in your Ticketmaster account?  (Serious question)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Yes.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    I'm  member #711xxx and I'll be absolutely gutted if I don't  get front row to see The Boys.

#PrayForMeJamily
    When I was reading this I was thinking about how you forgot to add "Jamily" in there, and then I saw the hashtag. The scary thing about all of these joke posts is that we are going to see so many posts EXACTLY like these, but they will be 100% serious.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • foodboy said:
    i just want to know how many people are in line for the rail in all the cities. and are you allowed bathroom breaks ? or do you have to hold it till the show? 
    The last real tour (not the stadium shows), I was in line at Philadelphia ~3 hours before doors opened for GA. We were not "on the rail," but were easily up within the first 4-5 rows. Plus some people sprinted past us after we got in lol
    YNWA
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    foodboy said:
    Nope
    Gotta hold it
    What if you're in the loo and you miss that one opportunity to exchange glances with Eddie or any of the boys?
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    mcgruff10 said:
    I’m not sure. This from TM winning email:
    What Happens Next?
    We will email you instructions on how to view your tickets during the week of January 27