Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,934

Its like Bizarro America where Republicans were still normal, rational people. 

he used to be a Democrat
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,674
    Deplorable deplorables. We’re losers! We’re losers! We’re losers! USA USA USA! Freedumb. Woot.

https://apple.news/AZtnagwApTBSJwtB3nYQ4ww
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,521
    Deplorable deplorables. We’re losers! We’re losers! We’re losers! USA USA USA! Freedumb. Woot.

American Exceptionalism indeed. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    edited July 2021

These people are years removed from caring about anything aside from pissing off the left. Well, that and white nationalism.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,688

*cbc news story, July 12
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    ^
    I'm assuming they meant in case they had to evacuate and be forced to shelter with hundreds or thousands of other people. Would seem like a super spreader event just waiting to happen. 

"You can take simple steps to prepare for hurricanes, including getting a covid-19 vaccine, and building a ready-kit...."

It just sounds funny. 

And let's face it, anybody that hasn't gotten the vaccine by now isn't going to get it based television ads, Biden telling them to, or referencing the vaccine as a simple step to prepare for a hurricane. 
    The admin believes there are still some persuadable people out there.  That's why they are going with the small vax events, door to door discussions, etc.  I think they are right.  My close friend has been an idiot about this for several months, but now because of the delta variant, he's considering getting it. 
    Well I'm sure there's some, but probably not very many. 

You friend seems like a surprising case. I would think that someone that has held out this long would roll his eyes at the idea of a new variant. So he didn't care before, and now he's considering it? Weird. 
    There are many people who bought into the "it hasn't been tested enough" theory, so they waited.  Others didn't prioritize, etc.  People have reasons, even bad ones.  If 10% of the unvaxxed pop is persuadable, that's a big number and important. 
    Well a big problem is that they're still not fully FDA-approved. They just got "emergency authorization." So that might have contributed to people not having full faith in it. 

I've been curious about this and wonder how much of an impact FDA approval might really have. To me, given all of the other evidence on safety and efficacy from around the world, full FDA approval seems of little importance, but some researchers in this area estimate that a fair sized chunk of the vaccine hesitant are waiting for this. 

Both the of the mRNA vaccines have dossiers in to the FDA for review but approval might still not come until early next year, since they have an initial 60 day review period and then a 6 month maximum for the full review. 

The FDA are the same people who tell us it is important to eat bread and drink milk every day. 
    I've thought they were ridiculous people all along.

That being stated, I am pro vaxx and I do not think the FDA changing their approval status is not very important - agree with you - nor do I think it will have much of an impact on the stances people take.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    Stay safe all...

"According to data from Johns Hopkins University, the United States recorded an average of about 19,455 new COVID-19 cases per day over the past seven days, up 47.5% from the previous week. In addition, the number of cases increased from last week and the previous week in 43 states. This shows that the pandemic in the United States is not over yet."

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    Kat said:
    Stay safe all...

"According to data from Johns Hopkins University, the United States recorded an average of about 19,455 new COVID-19 cases per day over the past seven days, up 47.5% from the previous week. In addition, the number of cases increased from last week and the previous week in 43 states. This shows that the pandemic in the United States is not over yet."

You’re being so sweet reporting this (thanks) and telling us to be safe but I’m just not quite sure how I feel about all this and the fact that you’re so nice about it makes me feel awful for feeling this way.  Will people risk death, returning to quarantine, mask wearing just to prove a point?  These are SUCCESSFUL vaccines so the only reason left is political, right?  The unvaccinated thing baffles me and I’m just having a hard time buying that these people don’t understand.  Are they afraid if they get vaccinated they’ll suddenly hate Trump?  So baffling 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,066
    2021 watch it go to fire.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Kat said:
    Stay safe all...

You’re being so sweet reporting this (thanks) and telling us to be safe but I’m just not quite sure how I feel about all this and the fact that you’re so nice about it makes me feel awful for feeling this way.  Will people risk death, returning to quarantine, mask wearing just to prove a point?  These are SUCCESSFUL vaccines so the only reason left is political, right?  The unvaccinated thing baffles me and I’m just having a hard time buying that these people don’t understand.  Are they afraid if they get vaccinated they’ll suddenly hate Trump?  So baffling 
    And they are the same people who complain when we have to shut things down and ask people to wear masks.  The fact that they don't understand the correlation between these things just shows they are either stubborn or just plain dumb.  Either way it's dangerous. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,688
    And it's summer.  Wait until the winter and if we only have 70% of the pop with one shot or more.  Not good. 
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    I agree, I cannot believe these people still exist.  This doctor nails it.  It is so easy to be unvaccinated, you can do everything you want to do.  We need to make it hard on those people, the unvaxxed.  They are the worst.

• Options
    I am told 100% of the people who catch covid that this happens to them?  How can anyone want to remain unvaccinated?  It is beyond me.  Please get vaccinated people.  It saves lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OREaoQpqoQY&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    BTW, for those wondering, I am fully vaccinated now.  I would show you my card but I only posted it to my Facebook.  Took one shot of Pfizer and one Moderna.  Ready for the Pfizer booster in 4-6 months and may get the J&J in a few weeks for extra protection!
  • Options
    BTW, for those wondering, I am fully vaccinated now.  I would show you my card but I only posted it to my Facebook.  Took one shot of Pfizer and one Moderna.  Ready for the Pfizer booster in 4-6 months and may get the J&J in a few weeks for extra protection!
    Aren't you the clever little shrew. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    A special thanks to you russell!  Your medical knowledge helped open my eyes.  I don't even know why I was trusting what the inventor of mRNA vaccines, who expressed hesitancy himself, to begin with.  So stupid of me.  I promise to seek out every unvaccinated man, woman, and child and spread the word!

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    A special thanks to you russell!  Your medical knowledge helped open my eyes.  I don't even know why I was trusting what the inventor of mRNA vaccines, who expressed hesitancy himself, to begin with.  So stupid of me.  I promise to seek out every unvaccinated man, woman, and child and spread the word!

I don't claim to have any special knowledge on mRNA.  I'm not in the medical field.  What I do have is a heavy background in analytics and my criticism to your posts have been the garbage graphs and "data" that you have shared from twitter, which are full of holes.  And yet time after time, you cannot defend the crap so you just move onto something else.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't claim to have any special knowledge on mRNA.  I'm not in the medical field.  What I do have is a heavy background in analytics and my criticism to your posts have been the garbage graphs and "data" that you have shared from twitter, which are full of holes.  And yet time after time, you cannot defend the crap so you just move onto something else.  
    Oh, no doubt.  You really showed me the light and opened my eyes.  Like I said, I am fully vaccinated now and a lot of it is your analysis.  So many thanks!

Can you all believe I was at my daughters softball tournament this weekend around hundreds of people, most of which I know are unvaccinated, no masks, no distancing, it was just gross.  I cannot even believe that I used to be like that.  I am so embarrassed.  I know those nasty savages voted for Trump too.  Ughh, those selfish assholes.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Oh, no doubt.  You really showed me the light and opened my eyes.  Like I said, I am fully vaccinated now and a lot of it is your analysis.  So many thanks!

Can you all believe I was at my daughters softball tournament this weekend around hundreds of people, most of which I know are unvaccinated, no masks, no distancing, it was just gross.  I cannot even believe that I used to be like that.  I am so embarrassed.  I know those nasty savages voted for Trump too.  Ughh, those selfish assholes.
    You're the one posting dumb ass shit, not me.    You can do whatever the fuck you want.  No one gives a shit about the decision you made for yourself and your family.   And as we pointed out, no one ever cared.  The reason people spent time calling out your lies and bullshit is for the people that lurk on her and don't post.  We were challenging your misinformation for their benefit.  So in case you didn't know... no one gives a fuck what you do.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're the one posting dumb ass shit, not me.    You can do whatever the fuck you want.  No one gives a shit about the decision you made for yourself and your family.   And as we pointed out, no one ever cared.  The reason people spent time calling out your lies and bullshit is for the people that lurk on her and don't post.  We were challenging your misinformation for their benefit.  So in case you didn't know... no one gives a fuck what you do.  
    Geez, that's a lot of profanity.  Relax, I am on your team now!  Team Vaxxed and Ready to Wax!  Is that even a saying?  That was dumb, I admit.  

To help spur a vaccine drive for my area, very redneck-y if you catch my drift, I am going to do several raffles.  Guns, booze, American flags, truck nuts, the works.  I will report back in several weeks and let y'all know how I do.  Just trying to spread the word on the power of the vaccine.  I really didn't even experience any side effects, just couldn't use my right arm for three days, which was really weird.  You know like when you get dental work and they numb your mouth and your lips feel like they are droopy.  That's what my right arm felt like.  The weird part was I got the jab in the left arm.  Oh well, I am rambling now.  
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,254
    Maybe go to a local hospital and ask if they have any used masks worn by infected patients so you can eat them and build your immunity even more. Need to be sure. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,674
    edited July 2021
    I really don't understand these repubs, particularly when it comes to covid and fiscal "responsibility." It seems that if they're not going to go along with vaccinations for the public good, they would advocate for vaccinations as government fiscal "responsibility."

Let's take a look at Tennessee, seeing how a certain poster claims residency and appears to be anti-vaxx and riding herd:

Today's WaPo data has 3 per 100K in the hospital being treated for Covid and 1 per 100K in ICU, resulting in 204  and 68 residents in the hospital and in the ICU, respectively. 10.1% of residents lack health insurance, equating to 21 and 7 in the hospital and in the ICU, respectively, without health insurance. Average cost of being treated, based upon age, ranges from $51,000 to $78,000. Using $73,300 for a six day stay, its costing $1,539,300 or the median cost of $45,683, $959,343. This is just for the past 7 day average as of today. Imagine the cost over the past 70 weeks since March 2020? And we know that the cost of ICU care is more than hospitalization.

Now, lets look at Tejas since their/there/they're gubner, Abbott & Costello, has been an outspoken critic of vaccinations and the public good, and since Tejas prides itself on always telling everyone how great they are: they have 8 per 100K and 2 per 100K hospitalized and in ICU respectively. Tejas, leading the nation in those without health insurance, you go Tejas, you're Number One, you're Number One, you're Number One, at 18.4% of the population means that: 426 and 106 are in the hospital and ICU respectively without health insurance, costing between $105,984,560 and $170,056,000.

The total cost of healthcare for Covid in the USA in 2020 is estimated to be $9.6 to $16.9 billion.

Seems repubs think of fiscal "responsiblity" a lot like how they think of "responsible" gun owners, fiscally "responsible" until they aren't. Or maybe we're finally getting POOTWH and the repubs' new healthcare plan that's bigger, better and less expensive than Obama's ACA, its called "get sick and die." Freedumb. Woot.

PS: Flo Rida's and Deathsantis' numbers are worse at 14 and 3 per 100K for hospitalization and ICU care, with 13.2% of their population uninsured.
    Post edited by Halifax2TheMax on
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Geez, that's a lot of profanity.  Relax, I am on your team now!  Team Vaxxed and Ready to Wax!  Is that even a saying?  That was dumb, I admit.  

To help spur a vaccine drive for my area, very redneck-y if you catch my drift, I am going to do several raffles.  Guns, booze, American flags, truck nuts, the works.  I will report back in several weeks and let y'all know how I do.  Just trying to spread the word on the power of the vaccine.  I really didn't even experience any side effects, just couldn't use my right arm for three days, which was really weird.  You know like when you get dental work and they numb your mouth and your lips feel like they are droopy.  That's what my right arm felt like.  The weird part was I got the jab in the left arm.  Oh well, I am rambling now.  
    Nah, it's not rambling, it's just saying dumb shit, thinking it's clever.  We're used to it. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think the sensation you're feeling in your right arm is just the microchip being activated. You've really got nothing to worry about.

I felt the same and after the third day, I no longer have to control any of my limbs, the government does all the work for me! Spectacular side effect. 

Also, since I'm 'some guy' telling you this, you know it has to be credible!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Maybe go to a local hospital and ask if they have any used masks worn by infected patients so you can eat them and build your immunity even more. Need to be sure. 
    I went but they were extremely busy, you know, with the overcrowding and all.  I took a video for you.

https://www.facebook.com/sentarahealth/videos/slh-icu-dance-break/209863650278598/
  • Options
    MIS-INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DIS-INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reported you to the mods!  It is only 100 or so cases out of 12 million.  This is just to prove that they are SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Also, weird how Pfizer and Moderna have had no warnings to theirs, or no?  It's almost like someone has it out for J&J.  At least thats what my conspiracy theory cousins tell me.  Their names are Darrell and Darryl.  Rednecks.
  • Options
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I think the sensation you're feeling in your right arm is just the microchip being activated. You've really got nothing to worry about.

I felt the same and after the third day, I no longer have to control any of my limbs, the government does all the work for me! Spectacular side effect. 

Also, since I'm 'some guy' telling you this, you know it has to be credible!
    Nah Benji, I didn't get chipped.  That's what my cousins, Darrell and Darryl, say.  They don't know.  They run off conspiracies and stuff.

That's cool though that you never gained control of your arms back and someone is moving them like a puppet.  Sometimes I wish other people had control of me too.  Maybe I will gain that function with my booster in October!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    MIS-INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DIS-INFORMATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reported you to the mods!  It is only 100 or so cases out of 12 million.  This is just to prove that they are SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Also, weird how Pfizer and Moderna have had no warnings to theirs, or no?  It's almost like someone has it out for J&J.  At least thats what my conspiracy theory cousins tell me.  Their names are Darrell and Darryl.  Rednecks.
    Yes, they have warnings on theirs, and I was informed of the risks for each when receiving the vaccine (I got Pfizer for first dose, Moderna for second). In addition, what did Tempo do wrong? He posted a warning issued by the FDA. That's not at all similar to your major propaganda campaign against getting vaccinated.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
This discussion has been closed.