Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    edited June 2021
    PJNB said:
    If it was around in March 2019 why were the excess deaths not spiking along with it? We went a full year before detecting it in NA? I am not buying that. 
    Its a fact if you buy it or not
    It is a fact that covid was here in March 2019 cause of a questionable sewage sample? Why did it not spread and why did the pandemic not start until 1 year later?

edit: Can't watch the above video. Will when I get home from work thanks. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    edited June 2021
    It did spread and also the levels of pneumonia  was very high  all over europe . Thats what they thought it was a pneumonia. Its not a competition.  Studies are going on all over the  whole time  looking back over samples of all sorts. Bloods and lung x ray.  I don't  get whats hard to believe  virus mutate  so start not so transmissible  then speed up like we see in uk atm. Another wave as the kent variant  was 50% more transmissible  now indian another 30% more  hence the growth.  Seems legit to me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I’m not going to get into whether it was intentional or an accident because I don’t really know

But I am 100% sold that it began in a lab, which honestly makes much more sense and is more likely than “some guy ate a bat”
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    The pandemic  started in 2019 hence covid 19.
    In china it was rampant in oct/nov 2019? 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    I’m not going to get into whether it was intentional or an accident because I don’t really know

But I am 100% sold that it began in a lab, which honestly makes much more sense and is more likely than “some guy ate a bat”
    Why don’t you believe in zoonotic disease when we have had many, many examples? 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Some background reading for those who don't think that zoonotic  diseases "make sense".

http://www.emro.who.int/fr/about-who/rc61/zoonotic-diseases.html

Zoonoses are defined as those diseases and infections naturally transmitted between people and vertebrate animals. There are three classes as follows: a) endemic zoonoses which are present in many places and affect many people and animals; b) epidemic zoonoses which are sporadic in temporal and spatial distribution; and c) emerging and re-emerging zoonoses which are newly appearing in a population or have existed previously but are rapidly increasing in incidence or geographical range. Examples of the latter include Rift Valley fever, SARS, pandemic influenza H1N1 2009, Yellow fever, Avian Influenza (H5N1) and (H7N9), West Nile virus and the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) reported in the recent past.

It is estimated that, globally, about one billion cases of illness and millions of death occur every year from zoonoses. Some 60% of emerging infectious diseases that are reported globally are zoonoses. Over 30 new human pathogens have been detected in the last three decades, 75% of which have originated in animals [1]

(article continues at link)

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

I agree  many we already have
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827

I agree  many we already have
    Philadelphia, Spectrum, 2009
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    I almost, almost, almost said something to these two women in a store today who were wearing masks... on their chins.  I wanted to say, "Nice chin decorations!" or, "Good job keeping that COVID off your chin!" or, "You could at least be honest about it and not pretend to be wearing a mask..."  but I figured if they are that lame, no point in saying anything.  This was in a Goodwill store where they are fairly strict about wearing masks.  It's almost as if some people go in there just to taunt these poor underpaid workers. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    edited June 2021
    "Prime Minister Justin Trudeau revealed two key elements of the likely reopening plan (US Border) in public remarks Monday: that the reopening will happen in stages and that the first travellers entering Canada will have to be fully vaccinated."

Edit: CBC quote
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    We just got our son tested today.

He started having symptoms this morning. I think it’s just allergies/maybe a cold because he’s just so snotty, and I don’t think that’s really a Covid symptom. 

If it’s Covid, though, I guess his school year ends a little early, and he misses his little league playoffs. 

In any case, it’s a good reminder to be more careful with/around the kids until they can be vaccinated. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,546
    I hope your instincts are right. My kid had a couple of regular colds this last year, including one a couple of weeks back when the weather changed. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    dankind said:
    We just got our son tested today.

He started having symptoms this morning. I think it’s just allergies/maybe a cold because he’s just so snotty, and I don’t think that’s really a Covid symptom. 

If it’s Covid, though, I guess his school year ends a little early, and he misses his little league playoffs. 

In any case, it’s a good reminder to be more careful with/around the kids until they can be vaccinated. 
    Hope its just a plain old cold.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Masks optional in my school district for the rest of the year except when you are in the halls. :)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    I almost, almost, almost said something to these two women in a store today who were wearing masks... on their chins.  I wanted to say, "Nice chin decorations!" or, "Good job keeping that COVID off your chin!" or, "You could at least be honest about it and not pretend to be wearing a mask..."  but I figured if they are that lame, no point in saying anything.  This was in a Goodwill store where they are fairly strict about wearing masks.  It's almost as if some people go in there just to taunt these poor underpaid workers. 
    I feel like a weak fool  because i didn't  call people out in a store last week. Its affected be badly  seeing what i assumed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-report-concluded-covid-19-may-have-leaked-from-wuhan-lab-11623106982
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    brianlux said:
    I feel like a weak fool  because i didn't  call people out in a store last week. Its affected be badly  seeing what i assumed
    I made a decision a year ago to not say anything to anyone. I figured they would get in my face, or at least start yelling.  And I don’t think I could have changed anyone.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    brianlux said:
    Don't beat yourself up. If they are running around without masks at this point, then they either don't care what people think, or are trying to be confrontational. Either way, calling them out is only going to get a negative reaction. 
  • Options

2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540

Nice.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632

This will be interesting.  The Foos have some asshole fans, just 'bros' who still act 20.  I bet there will be some problems at the door with unvaxed people creating issues. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    mrussel1 said:

This will be interesting.  The Foos have some asshole fans, just 'bros' who still act 20.  I bet there will be some problems at the door with unvaxed people creating issues. 
    And they’ll have a firearm in their vehicle or on their person, because you know, right to carry. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,788
    mrussel1 said:

And they’ll have a firearm in their vehicle or on their person, because you know, right to carry. 
    What?? In NY? If they have a fire arm it won’t be a LEGAL one. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    mrussel1 said:

The foos? I’ve run into these idiots at almost every concert. Including PJs. Love the type who drink so much they can’t even make it to the headlining band. Those are my favorite. And there won’t be a problem because unvaxed NYers will have a fake vaccination pass. Just like at the recent Knicks and Nets playoff games. 
    Post edited by nicknyr15 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The foos? I’ve run into these idiots at almost every concert. Including PJs. Love the type who drink so much they can’t even make it to the headlining band. Those are my favorite. And there won’t be a problem because unvaxed NYers will have a fake vaccination pass. Just like at the recent Knicks and Nets playoff games. 
    I agree there are a few in every crowd,  but in my experience,  the Foos have a higher % of douchers than the other bands I regularly see (PJ, DMB, Bruce,  etc.)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree there are a few in every crowd,  but in my experience,  the Foos have a higher % of douchers than the other bands I regularly see (PJ, DMB, Bruce,  etc.)
    It’s all about the luck of your section. Sometimes you get lucky , other times not so much. Anytime there’s 15-20k people in one place there’s bound to be “adults” who can’t control themselves. It sucks to have your night ruined my adult babies. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    I think there is definitely a higher quotient of even bros at a foos show than PJ. the mainstream-only rock fan. a person who puts on their greatest hits instead of a real album. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I think there is definitely a higher quotient of even bros at a foos show than PJ. the mainstream-only rock fan. a person who puts on their greatest hits instead of a real album. 
    Yes.  I'm generally a pit guy and in the pit you get the people who respect the culture of the band (again, in my experience) since they tend to be fan club members, frequent attendees, etc.  The Foos have a different vibe than my other common bands.  
  • Options
    Let’s GOOO

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:

What?? In NY? If they have a fire arm it won’t be a LEGAL one. 
    With the steel pipeline headed straight for NYC and points north, why would that stop them. Maybe they travel up from Tejas? You know "responsible" gun owners knowing the laws of other cities/states?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.