Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:
    If you get covid and were not vaccinated when eligible then your insurance company shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills.  And I realize that many aren’t going to care about it but there will be people who will fear this punishment more than the shot. 
    Man, this is so scary on two fronts.  First, the thought that everyone catches covid needs medical attention is so far from being accurate.  I saw something the other day and of course cannot find it now, but around a percent of people who catch covid actually require medical attention.

Secondly, if we do this for covid can we do it for morbidly obese people and heart problems?  What about smokers with lung problems?  Slippery slopes and all...

Went on a walk earlier and was thinking about this, and I honestly do not see how what I am about to post should even be controversial at this point.  We are 14-15 months into this thing.  Everyone, literally everyone, knows the risks at this point associated with catching covid.  If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.  If you don't, don't.  If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine.  If you don't, don't.  If you still do not feel safe and do not want to leave the house, don't.  It is beyond time for the government and public health officials to get out of the way, open the country back up, and lets all start moving forward again.  
    I formally pledge not to feed the troll.
    Wasn't it Spiritual Chaos that was posting about what Sweden was doing and everyone lambasted him too and called him a troll?

The person hasn't backed down and has answered everything.  Doesn't seem to get off on antagonizing people like some do.
    Who has answered everything? 
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    If you get covid and were not vaccinated when eligible then your insurance company shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills.  And I realize that many aren’t going to care about it but there will be people who will fear this punishment more than the shot. 
    Man, this is so scary on two fronts.  First, the thought that everyone catches covid needs medical attention is so far from being accurate.  I saw something the other day and of course cannot find it now, but around a percent of people who catch covid actually require medical attention.

Secondly, if we do this for covid can we do it for morbidly obese people and heart problems?  What about smokers with lung problems?  Slippery slopes and all...

Went on a walk earlier and was thinking about this, and I honestly do not see how what I am about to post should even be controversial at this point.  We are 14-15 months into this thing.  Everyone, literally everyone, knows the risks at this point associated with catching covid.  If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.  If you don't, don't.  If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine.  If you don't, don't.  If you still do not feel safe and do not want to leave the house, don't.  It is beyond time for the government and public health officials to get out of the way, open the country back up, and lets all start moving forward again.  
    Wasn't it Spiritual Chaos that was posting about what Sweden was doing and everyone lambasted him too and called him a troll?

The person hasn't backed down and has answered everything.  Doesn't seem to get off on antagonizing people like some do.
    No he hasn't, not in the least.  He keeps posting bullshit graphs and when challenged, he moves onto something else.  Has been doing it for weeks.  He also advocated for herd immunity and when confronted with the possible death count, wouldn't reply to any posts and whether those numbers were acceptable.  So I take issue with your statement completely.  
    OK, nevermind then...  I don't see it that way.
    And what do you know.. ."virus gonna virus" in the next post.. that's herd immunity right there.  Nothing we can do, just let it ride.  That's the language spoken to support that notion.  

Spreading misinformation, lies, sewing doubt in the efficacy of the vaccines needs to be countered, no matter how harsh it gets.  
    Our own leaders sow doubt in the efficacy of the vaccines.  Parading around in masks after being fully vaccinated is the ultimate anti-vax message, no?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,837

I totally see where you’re coming from but ones personal eating habits (if that’s what caused the obesity) or cigarette smoking (can’t smoke anywhere but home or car now) do not impede on my right to stay healthy.  Whereas covid can be spread without an individual even knowing they have it, and vaccines do have a non-effective %.  Someone once said (feel free to jog my memory if anyone knows) your civil liberties end where mine begin. This is a national, no, world issue and if not controlled we may be seeing the start of the end. 
    I will try to answer yourself and FMe with one post since you both hit on the global aspect of it.

As I have stated before, last year in March I was just like everyone else.  Constantly seeking out information, watching the news, scared of what this thing may do, etc.  What I quickly realized after "two weeks to flatten the curve" or "slow the spread", whichever you prefer, it quickly turned from we are all in this together and we are about the science to being about the political science.  And I was in last March, my job allowed me to work from home, I was able to be with my kids during a rough time, we never left the house except to walk to the nearby school where I made them exercise (the horror, right!!).  I was doing my part.

Then, at some point, and I cannot pinpoint that moment, it became about more than the virus.  And IMO, it hasn't been about the virus in a loooong time.  

But I digress, I realized after several weeks that lockdowns and masks and everything else thrown at the virus was not going to stop it.  As I have said multiple times before, virus was gonna virus.  And much of what we still see today has become political theater all over the world.  If it truly is a global problem, how come we cannot get on the same page as governments and health officials from all around the globe and come up with a solution, or at least a way forward?  I posted a video in the last page or two where the director of the CDC says kids should be wearing masks while playing sports, while the WHO says kids should not be wearing masks.  People around here like to talk about the science but it hasn't been about "the science" in a long time, moreso the "political science".  Even as a country we cannot agree on a way forward, but the states who have been "open" have performed the same (if not better in most cases) than the states that "locked down" the hardest

100% false. just a simple google search will tell you otherwise. that's total and utter bullshit. i can tell you from personal experience; when manitoba had it's hardest lockdowns; barely any cases and test positivity was low. opening back up? it's happening right now: cases and postivity are skyrocketing. this is very basic cause and effect that you don't seem to be able to grasp. 

you think it's realistic to get the ENTIRE GLOBE to agree on something, when we continually fight over everything nationally, regionally, locally? even with our neighbours? come on. 

it's not political science. it's about mitigating the risk while trying best to keep the economy moving while the health care system sustains itself. that's a very delicate balance, which many political leaders have failed miserably at, because of their own politics. your solution would lead to absolute failure in every aspect. 

once the vaccine rollout has been as successful as it can be, expect everything to open up again. 

no one who holds the same opinion as you has been able to explain what motivations would be for individual governments at all levels, GLOBALLY WHO CAN'T AGREE ON ANYTHING, can agree on some big "reset" that some claim are happening from this. it's absurd. there is nothing to gain. 

you talked to any doctors or nurses at all during this? I suggest you do so. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

No he hasn't, not in the least.  He keeps posting bullshit graphs and when challenged, he moves onto something else.  Has been doing it for weeks.  He also advocated for herd immunity and when confronted with the possible death count, wouldn't reply to any posts and whether those numbers were acceptable.  So I take issue with your statement completely.  
    What would you liked answered mrussell?

The Skeptic's flu charts.  It appears to my little brain that the skeptic is insinuating that we really didn't have a bad flu problem until...... mass flu vaccines were given.  The Skeptic makes you think, nothing more.  Open your mind, it can be freeing.  He is not saying that anything is fact, more just theorizing on different things.  What about his graphs that Covid-19 actually existed in 2018?  Eye opening.  Ultimately who knows if it was right.

I have answered to the death thing multiple times.  No, I do not believe the covid death count is accurate.  Sorry, I have listed several health officials who state how deaths are counted (60 days within a positive test), I have posted the articles with the motorcycle crash as well as gunshot victims, I have posted screenshots from multiple cities health departments showing that most of the people dying were elderly, with multiple comorbidities such as renal failure, heart attack, etc.

What more would you like me to answer so you and a few others can tell me how (free)dumb I am?
    I asked you consistently why there are two data sets on that chart yet only one Y axis? Are you telling me flu cases and vaccine distributions are on the same scale? That's ridiculous. 50% of Americans get the flu vaccine every year.  What the "ethical skeptic" (irony) did was conflate data to skew the conclusions.  Second,  Ben asked you why the skeptic would post worldwide flu cases against US vax numbers? Again,  that makes zero analytical sense and seeks to lead people to inaccurate conclusions. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

And what do you know.. ."virus gonna virus" in the next post.. that's herd immunity right there.  Nothing we can do, just let it ride.  That's the language spoken to support that notion.  

Spreading misinformation, lies, sewing doubt in the efficacy of the vaccines needs to be countered, no matter how harsh it gets.  
    Our own leaders sow doubt in the efficacy of the vaccines.  Parading around in masks after being fully vaccinated is the ultimate anti-vax message, no?
    nope. it's the communal responsibility message. it's the same message our health officials have been giving us.

YOU CAN STILL POTENTIALLY SPREAD COVID IF VACCINATED. YOU JUST WON'T GET AS SICK. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited May 2021
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

The Skeptic's flu charts.  It appears to my little brain that the skeptic is insinuating that we really didn't have a bad flu problem until...... mass flu vaccines were given.  The Skeptic makes you think, nothing more.  Open your mind, it can be freeing.  He is not saying that anything is fact, more just theorizing on different things.  What about his graphs that Covid-19 actually existed in 2018?  Eye opening.  Ultimately who knows if it was right.

I have answered to the death thing multiple times.  No, I do not believe the covid death count is accurate.  Sorry, I have listed several health officials who state how deaths are counted (60 days within a positive test), I have posted the articles with the motorcycle crash as well as gunshot victims, I have posted screenshots from multiple cities health departments showing that most of the people dying were elderly, with multiple comorbidities such as renal failure, heart attack, etc.

What more would you like me to answer so you and a few others can tell me how (free)dumb I am?
    I asked you consistently why there are two data sets on that chart yet only one Y axis? Are you telling me flu cases and vaccine distributions are on the same scale? That's ridiculous. 50% of Americans get the flu vaccine every year.  What the "ethical skeptic" (irony) did was conflate data to skew the conclusions.  Second,  Ben asked you why the skeptic would post worldwide flu cases against US vax numbers? Again,  that makes zero analytical sense and seeks to lead people to inaccurate conclusions. 
    You got me, I have no answer for my crimes.

Since I have the "Misinformation/Disinformation" police here, can you correctly identify the misinformation in my video of the CDC Director saying kids should wear a mask while playing sports while having the WHO say "Children should not wear a mask when playing sports or doing physical activities, such as running, jumping or playing on the playground, so that it doesn’t compromise their breathing. "  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-children-and-masks-related-to-covid-19

And also, how is this not an anti-vaxx message again?  Less than 30 minutes ago by our CDC Director.

• Options
    i'm done. you're hopeless. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

nope. it's the communal responsibility message. it's the same message our health officials have been giving us.

YOU CAN STILL POTENTIALLY SPREAD COVID IF VACCINATED. YOU JUST WON'T GET AS SICK. 
    Again, the thought seems to be here, you get Covid, you immediately go to the hospital which is not the case at all.  Or that you get deathly sick, which for the majority of people is not true.

Last time I will touch on this, for me personally and my family, we looked at it like this.  Would we rather take our chance with the vaccine (side effects, long term consequences) or we would we rather take our chance with the virus itself?  For us, the virus won.  But FlyGuy, think about the grandparents...  Well, we did and the grandparents are not getting vaccinated.  As I said two or three posts ago, we ALL know the risks and the majority of us have ALL had a chance to get vaccinated so at one point does the show end and life return to normal?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

Since I have the "Misinformation/Disinformation" police here, can you correctly identify the misinformation in my video of the CDC Director saying kids should wear a mask while playing sports while having the WHO say "Children should not wear a mask when playing sports or doing physical activities, such as running, jumping or playing on the playground, so that it doesn’t compromise their breathing. "  https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/question-and-answers-hub/q-a-detail/q-a-children-and-masks-related-to-covid-19

And also, how is this not an anti-vaxx message again?  Less than 30 minutes ago by our CDC Director.

You have no answer for your shitposting. The irony of your statements about critical thinking is like egg rollin' thick and heavy. 
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,411
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

Again, the thought seems to be here, you get Covid, you immediately go to the hospital which is not the case at all.  Or that you get deathly sick, which for the majority of people is not true.

Last time I will touch on this, for me personally and my family, we looked at it like this.  Would we rather take our chance with the vaccine (side effects, long term consequences) or we would we rather take our chance with the virus itself?  For us, the virus won.  But FlyGuy, think about the grandparents...  Well, we did and the grandparents are not getting vaccinated.  As I said two or three posts ago, we ALL know the risks and the majority of us have ALL had a chance to get vaccinated so at one point does the show end and life return to normal?
    I guess when all the unvaccinated people die. 
  • Options
    Also, mrussell, you state that I am on here putting out misinformation and that I am swaying people.  I can picture it now, "Honey, I am seeking medical information from the interwebs and I went to my go to for all information, a 90's band website!  They have all the info.  Dr. FlyGuy said not to trust Fauci!"  Come on, that is crazy.  I (along with most here) have a device that fits in our pocket where we can search out any information we ever wanted to know, and the thought it that they are using it to come to pearljam.gum and read what ol' FlyGuy is saying?  Now, I personally prefer watching pizza videos and playing games on my device, but to each their own.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

where in the fuck did anyone suggest this?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,656
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

No, low possibility = zero. 100% = 94-96%. You living your life yet?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

Literally one post above this, where the guy (or gal) says that show will end "when all the unvaccinated people die."
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

Literally one post above this, where the guy (or gal) says that show will end "when all the unvaccinated people die."
    then respond to their post. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,656
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You should call the cops on those kids wearing masks. That's child abuse. Get up in the parents' faces and demand they be removed, for the sake of the churldren. You want to stop the madness and return to normal? Call the cops. Have those parents reported as child abusers. Tell them Fucker Carlson sent you.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Also, mrussell, you state that I am on here putting out misinformation and that I am swaying people.  I can picture it now, "Honey, I am seeking medical information from the interwebs and I went to my go to for all information, a 90's band website!  They have all the info.  Dr. FlyGuy said not to trust Fauci!"  Come on, that is crazy.  I (along with most here) have a device that fits in our pocket where we can search out any information we ever wanted to know, and the thought it that they are using it to come to pearljam.gum and read what ol' FlyGuy is saying?  Now, I personally prefer watching pizza videos and playing games on my device, but to each their own.
    If you're not attempting to sway people,  why are you here posting? I didn't say you were effective or good at it.  
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,561
    Best/worst thing you can do to a troll is to IGNORE AND NOT RESPOND.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

You’re out of sequence (reread it - HFD is correct)  and I was being a dick (don’t have one but can certainly be one) with my response. 
    Whatever your reason is you and your family are making decisions that will be detrimental to many and if karma bites you in the ass...oh well....
    not our problem. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    There's a lot of frustration because the troll won.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

huh?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    as I recall much of the effort initially was to slow the spread. so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system, which we did see in the early hit areas, in addition to securing the most basic of ppe for the health system. this was at a time when we knew little to nothing about what it was, how it attacked the body, treatments for it at various stages etc......

all this hampered by a petulent manchild who tried to make it about him and a cadre of sycophants. consistently contradicting people we readily trusted in other health crises
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    He's not hopeless - his goal is not to learn. I pledge to not feed the troll, though I'll gladly talk to any of you fine folks about him.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,884
    benjs said:
    He's not hopeless - his goal is not to learn. I pledge to not feed the troll, though I'll gladly talk to any of you fine folks about him.
    thats beneath you. you are one the more patient, reasoned arguers here. posting intelligent , well thought out responses.

keep THAT up.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I’m totally stupid when it comes to this social media shit, not on FB, IG....nothing...did I do something wrong that made the troll win?
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    as I recall much of the effort initially was to slow the spread. so as not to overwhelm the healthcare system, which we did see in the early hit areas, in addition to securing the most basic of ppe for the health system. this was at a time when we knew little to nothing about what it was, how it attacked the body, treatments for it at various stages etc......

all this hampered by a petulent manchild who tried to make it about him and a cadre of sycophants. consistently contradicting people we readily trusted in other health crises
    Agree
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

I’m totally stupid when it comes to this social media shit, not on FB, IG....nothing...did I do something wrong that made the troll win?
    no, that's just how Onwis posts. incredibly cynical, thinking the bad guy always won. convinced trump would win, it would be the end of democracy as we know it. he didn't. now convinced he'll win in 2024, ivanka 2028, you get the idea. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    OnWis97 said:

No the troll won because we’re not going to hit heard immunity. There are enough people like him that we’re going to be going through this indefinitely and I happen to believe that’s what he and his want.

He didn’t win these arguments; but in the real world he wins and we lose.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Thanks guys! 
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

No the troll won because we’re not going to hit heard immunity. There are enough people like him that we’re going to be going through this indefinitely and I happen to believe that’s what he and his want.

How do we (people that got the vaccine) “lose” if others don’t get it? And why do we need to hit herd immunity? I say so long as the health care system doesn’t get overwhelmed again by covid cases, then people who refused the vaccine that contract the virus will have to live with it, or die from it. 

It’d be one thing if there were people that wanted the vaccine and couldn’t get it. Then I’d feel a responsibility to help keep them safe, as I did during the height of the pandemic. But people that simply refused the vaccine? It’s up to them to keep themselves safe. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

no, we won't be going through this indefinitely. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.