The coronavirus

Comments

• lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    I agree. This  thread  was informative now its shit.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Alright its time for whoever second account is given2fly to admit they have been trolling us for the last month. Lets end these shenanigans. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

You have zero credibility here.
    I believe it was you lost a cousin recently.  I was sorry to read that.  Was a gofundme or anything set up where my wife and I could donate? 
    Fucking rude.  
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

I believe it was you lost a cousin recently.  I was sorry to read that.  Was a gofundme or anything set up where my wife and I could donate? 
    Thank you for the reminder.

I appreciate the interest everyone here has shown. This just went up and they are getting close to their goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-the-therrien-family?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1kk1q9gPMo2jXcJ0vrBrezVvQrWeAtVWUJEC_vYx49oN_sGjuElxUw4B0

The Therrien family of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan has been dealing with more hardships over the past few months than most families deal with in a lifetime. In March of 2021, Daniel, Carrie and Hunter all fell ill with COVID-19. Carrie was an educational assistant at King George School in Moose Jaw. Carrie loved her job, and truly had a gift for caring for children with disabilities.  Carrie became ill with Covid on March 30th, 2021, was admitted to hospital on April 5th.  Carrie tragically passed away from COVID-19 on April 21, 2021. Carrie will be forever missed by her family, as she was the most attentive and loving mother. She was loved by everyone for her kind, positive and carefree attitude. Carrie has sadly left behind her husband Daniel, and their two boys, Brady (age 13) and Hunter (age 11). Nothing can prepare anyone for the shock and sadness to lose someone this young and healthy to COVID so suddenly.  

Not only is Dan dealing with the loss of his partner and the mother of his children, but also with a recurrence of a rare brain tumour. Dan was originally diagnosed with a rare cancerous brain tumor 15 years ago, which was surgically removed at that time. He was cancer free until August 2020, when they first suspected recurrence. Just prior to Carrie contracting COVID, Dan received the news that he would need a second surgery to remove the tumor in June of this year. This surgery must be done in Calgary, Alberta. Dan will most likely need radiation and chemotherapy after surgery is completed. This treatment will last over 1 year. Daniel is such a kind, devoted and amazing Dad to his two boys, Brady and Hunter. Dan’s boys are his world.

To help Dan and his sons through this difficult time, we are starting a GoFundMe to help with the lost income, travel expenses to Alberta, to help during the treatment and recovery phase of Dan’s cancer journey and future education fund for Brady and Hunter.  Thank you all so much
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

I appreciate the interest everyone here has shown. This just went up and they are getting close to their goal.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-for-the-therrien-family?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1kk1q9gPMo2jXcJ0vrBrezVvQrWeAtVWUJEC_vYx49oN_sGjuElxUw4B0

The Therrien family of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan has been dealing with more hardships over the past few months than most families deal with in a lifetime. In March of 2021, Daniel, Carrie and Hunter all fell ill with COVID-19. Carrie was an educational assistant at King George School in Moose Jaw. Carrie loved her job, and truly had a gift for caring for children with disabilities.  Carrie became ill with Covid on March 30th, 2021, was admitted to hospital on April 5th.  Carrie tragically passed away from COVID-19 on April 21, 2021. Carrie will be forever missed by her family, as she was the most attentive and loving mother. She was loved by everyone for her kind, positive and carefree attitude. Carrie has sadly left behind her husband Daniel, and their two boys, Brady (age 13) and Hunter (age 11). Nothing can prepare anyone for the shock and sadness to lose someone this young and healthy to COVID so suddenly.  

Not only is Dan dealing with the loss of his partner and the mother of his children, but also with a recurrence of a rare brain tumour. Dan was originally diagnosed with a rare cancerous brain tumor 15 years ago, which was surgically removed at that time. He was cancer free until August 2020, when they first suspected recurrence. Just prior to Carrie contracting COVID, Dan received the news that he would need a second surgery to remove the tumor in June of this year. This surgery must be done in Calgary, Alberta. Dan will most likely need radiation and chemotherapy after surgery is completed. This treatment will last over 1 year. Daniel is such a kind, devoted and amazing Dad to his two boys, Brady and Hunter. Dan’s boys are his world.

To help Dan and his sons through this difficult time, we are starting a GoFundMe to help with the lost income, travel expenses to Alberta, to help during the treatment and recovery phase of Dan’s cancer journey and future education fund for Brady and Hunter.  Thank you all so much
    done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
    He's been nothing but disingenuous throughout.  I hardly believe this was the time he shows sympathy, in that reply.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Thanks for sharing.
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    dignin said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Thanks.  And donated.  Sorry again for your loss and this family.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    OK, donated, only $50 left to reach the goal, kick down some corn - let it be PJ friends to push over that number.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    OK, donated, only $50 left to reach the goal, kick down some corn - let it be PJ friends to push over that number.

Donated also.. but I looks like there are several thousand to go.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

What kind of "community" would shun people for changing churches? What kind of "community" would rely upon volunteer firefighters and preachers, who can't seem to understand the separation of church and state, for epidemiologic advice? Good lord is 'Murica fucked.

My red state is still arguing over masks. But it’s not about covid anymore.

Teri Carter is a writer living in central Kentucky.
    May 5, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EDT
    Add to list

On a recent Sunday morning, as I was finishing my routine three-mile walk around the county park trail, I spotted another trail regular and jogged to catch up. I hadn’t seen the 70-something man in a few weeks, and since it was Sunday, I jokingly asked why he wasn’t in church. “I don’t know if we’re going back to in-person,” he said. “My wife and I have gotten used to watching services on their Facebook.” As we continued talking, he added that his pastor has hardly mentioned the coronavirus or safety protocols like wearing masks.

“How is that possible?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s true,” he said, holding up both hands. “And sad. There’s a lot we miss about going to church, but after Trump and now the pandemic, I can’t say we miss the politics.” When I suggested there were options, that there are at least two dozen churches within a couple miles of this very park, he raised both eyebrows and shook his head. And I know why. Changing churches in a small, conservative town makes a statement not about what you are for but about what you are against. One does not change churches. It is simply not done. “It’d be easier to sell our house and move, and as crazy as that sounds, don’t think we haven’t talked about it,” he said.

I live in rural Anderson County, Ky. Former president Donald Trump won more than 70 percent of the vote here in both 2016 and 2020. There are only 23,000 people and lots of land. It is hard to get WiFi but easy to be outdoors without a mask. The latest numbers from our county health department on April 26 indicate a total of 1,721 coronavirus infections and 22 deaths.

Yet even as Americans are getting vaccinated, we are still fighting about masks. Because thanks to dangerously bungled messaging from the former president and his mask-snubbing administration, as well as conflicting messages from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, fights about masks are long past being about safety. Many of my neighbors stopped thinking about the coronavirus pandemic a long time ago. But they may never be finished arguing about it.

Like the red MAGA hat, masks declare political party fealty.

So our physician senator, Rand Paul (R), uses hearings to ridicule Anthony S. Fauci — the better to get himself booked on Fox News, Newsmax or OAN prime-time shows. And the head of our county’s Republican Women’s Club posts articles on her Facebook page from the Babylon Bee, the painfully unfunny conservative version of the Onion, titled, “CDC Now Recommends Wearing A Seat Belt Even When You’re Outside The Car,” or an invitation to a “TRASH YOUR MASK!” rally last month that read, “As a symbol of the end of all the mandates and restrictions, we will have a trash can for you to TRASH YOUR MASK. Gospel music. Liberty speakers from all over Kentucky.”

And it certainly does not help to see Americans who do not live in small, quiet, spacious towns like mine shaming people who are outside and distanced, per CDC guidelines, for not wearing masks. Because I can promise you that, all over the country, powerful leaders in communities like mine, from pastors to elected officials to conservative club presidents, will use every morsel of this performative outrage to our collective detriment.

My curiosity piqued by the conversation with my friend on the park trail, I tuned in to his church’s Facebook service this past Sunday, titled “Christians Under Attack, Pt. 3.” Within the first two minutes, the pastor said, “That’s why, today, we’ve gone from respect for God to a rejection of God. We don’t allow prayer or Bible reading or the posting of the Ten Commandments in our public schools or government buildings,” and that is all I could take before turning it off. If there was something coming about masks or the end of the pandemic, I did not have the patience to wait for it.

When I hear politicians and national media organizations saying that vaccine hesitancy is due to the pause of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or because rural people in Trump country don’t believe in science, I wonder how many people they’ve talked to in towns like mine.

I live on a small lake. On Sunday afternoon, my next-door neighbor (a Trump supporter) came over to help us back our boat trailer into the woods. The first thing he said was, “I’m vaccinated! I can hug you now!” After we finished with the trailer, as we talked about coming out of the pandemic and having an outdoor party to celebrate, he said, “Okay, what’s this whole thing about wearing masks outside — outside! — after the shots? It’s such complete bull----. For crying out loud, if they want people to trust the vaccine, they need to give people a reason to get the vaccine besides how much it will help everybody else.”

A friend who’s doing some work out in Harlan County called and said, “You know who people will listen to about getting vaccinated? The volunteer fire department and the preachers. Country people trust firemen and their church more than any doctor. If you can get the preachers, you can get to 100 percent like that!”

Our county health department continues to be proactive about letting the community know, almost on a daily basis, how much vaccine it has available and to encourage people to make an appointment or to just drop in. Last week, it even added an incentive: “For anyone scheduling and receiving a COVID vaccine from 4/26/21 thru 5/27/21 at the Anderson County Health Department, you will be entered into a drawing to win the following: 36” Blackstone Airfryer Combo with multiple accessories (4 pc Breakfast Kit, 5 pc Griddle Kit, XL Griddle Press, Basting Cover, Grease Cup Liners, Griddle Caddy, and Griddle Cover).” It must be working: Our local paper, the Anderson News, reported last week that, according to CDC data, our county ranks in the state’s top 10 for being fully vaccinated.

From where I sit — out here where neither I nor anyone I know has ever worn masks outside — vaccine hesitancy and debates over masks are not about people needing more information, but about the need to get local leaders that people trust, like their preachers, Republican club heads and volunteer firemen, to do the talking. They would be a significant improvement over national politicians who continue to knowingly spread falsehoods about everything from the coronavirus to the 2020 election results.

I recently finished reading “A Swim in a Pond in the Rain,” the newest book by George Saunders. Afterward, I went back and listened to his interview with Cheryl Strayed on her “Sugar Calling” podcast, taped April 3, 2020, a few weeks into the shutdowns. Back in those early days, Saunders was speculating hopefully about what we as a society might learn during the pandemic. “It does remind me so much of 9/11 and that feeling of sympathetic compassion,” he said, “where you’re not in danger yourself, but you can imagine the fear and danger someone else is in, and you’re longing that that person not suffer. You’re longing that that person be happy, and that’s very profound. I think if we can cultivate that feeling of wishing the best, that’s such a powerful thing.”

I wonder what Saunders would say now. And I wonder how much better off we would all be with less shaming and more sympathetic compassion.

My red state is still arguing over masks. But it’s not about covid anymore. - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390
    If you get covid and were not vaccinated when eligible then your insurance company shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills.  And I realize that many aren’t going to care about it but there will be people who will fear this punishment more than the shot. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,639
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
    He's been nothing but disingenuous throughout.  I hardly believe this was the time he shows sympathy, in that reply.
    I don’t think he’s ever been disrespectful to any poster. I understand his opinions may be very unpopular here but IMO he’s taken more personal attacks than he’s given. Just my two cents. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
    I don’t think he’s ever been disrespectful to any poster. I understand his opinions may be very unpopular here but IMO he’s taken more personal attacks than he’s given. Just my two cents. 
    The passing of lies as truth is more damaging than any verbal insults. 
    If you get covid and were not vaccinated when eligible then your insurance company shouldn’t have to pay your medical bills.  And I realize that many aren’t going to care about it but there will be people who will fear this punishment more than the shot. 
    Man, this is so scary on two fronts.  First, the thought that everyone catches covid needs medical attention is so far from being accurate.  I saw something the other day and of course cannot find it now, but around a percent of people who catch covid actually require medical attention.

Secondly, if we do this for covid can we do it for morbidly obese people and heart problems?  What about smokers with lung problems?  Slippery slopes and all...

Went on a walk earlier and was thinking about this, and I honestly do not see how what I am about to post should even be controversial at this point.  We are 14-15 months into this thing.  Everyone, literally everyone, knows the risks at this point associated with catching covid.  If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.  If you don't, don't.  If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine.  If you don't, don't.  If you still do not feel safe and do not want to leave the house, don't.  It is beyond time for the government and public health officials to get out of the way, open the country back up, and lets all start moving forward again.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    mrussel1 said:

Donated also.. but I looks like there are several thousand to go.  

Yeah, sorry, was on a con call and multi-distracting.  :lol:   We helped get a little closer, anyway.
    What a shit situation.  How many people have this type of impact on their families....?

Damn COVID.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
    Well he did donate $100 to that gofundme. And $430 have been donated since his post. So that's good. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Man, this is so scary on two fronts.  First, the thought that everyone catches covid needs medical attention is so far from being accurate.  I saw something the other day and of course cannot find it now, but around a percent of people who catch covid actually require medical attention.

Secondly, if we do this for covid can we do it for morbidly obese people and heart problems?  What about smokers with lung problems?  Slippery slopes and all...

Went on a walk earlier and was thinking about this, and I honestly do not see how what I am about to post should even be controversial at this point.  We are 14-15 months into this thing.  Everyone, literally everyone, knows the risks at this point associated with catching covid.  If you want to wear a mask, wear a mask.  If you don't, don't.  If you want the vaccine, get the vaccine.  If you don't, don't.  If you still do not feel safe and do not want to leave the house, don't.  It is beyond time for the government and public health officials to get out of the way, open the country back up, and lets all start moving forward again.  

I can understand some of what you typed but some I cannot understand.  How is it that we as individuals can operate being only concerned about what we feel and what we think benefits us when we are in the middle of a global health crisis?   

If you are vaccinated or if you are unvaccinated you can still catch and pass the virus.  This is why we need to be careful.  People, even people who do not care about their own lives, matter.  Kids matter.  Perhaps the adults...let them get it if they don't want to take precautions....but what about kids?  They don't know if it is normal for their parents to take weapons with them into Wal Mart or Subway.
    The kids don't know if the fact that Mom and Dad both are obese Freedom Eaters Fighters/Anti-Vax/Anti-Mask could greatly increase the chances that they become orphans or long-covid candidates. 

You cannot leave these choices up to the public -- this is why we need police and we need military.  (Things that the Freedom Eaters Fighters/Anti-Vax/Anti-Mask groups generally adore...)  People are selfish and greedy.  They cannot be relied on to act for the greater good.  We need help from competent leadership.

Making everything a free for all is a baffling idea for a solution.

mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    dignin said:
    Nobody but nutters care.

Fucking rude.  
    Really? 
    Well he did donate $100 to that gofundme. And $430 have been donated since his post. So that's good. 
    If only we had done herd immunity.  
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,481

I can understand some of what you typed but some I cannot understand.  How is it that we as individuals can operate being only concerned about what we feel and what we think benefits us when we are in the middle of a global health crisis?   

If you are vaccinated or if you are unvaccinated you can still catch and pass the virus.  This is why we need to be careful.  People, even people who do not care about their own lives, matter.  Kids matter.  Perhaps the adults...let them get it if they don't want to take precautions....but what about kids?  They don't know if it is normal for their parents to take weapons with them into Wal Mart or Subway.
    The kids don't know if the fact that Mom and Dad both are obese Freedom Eaters Fighters/Anti-Vax/Anti-Mask could greatly increase the chances that they become orphans or long-covid candidates. 

You cannot leave these choices up to the public -- this is why we need police and we need military.  (Things that the Freedom Eaters Fighters/Anti-Vax/Anti-Mask groups generally adore...)  People are selfish and greedy.  They cannot be relied on to act for the greater good.  We need help from competent leadership.

Making everything a free for all is a baffling idea for a solution.

You mean evangelical Hunger Game types and the second coming?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,929
    edited May 2021

I formally pledge not to feed the troll.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,390

I totally see where you’re coming from but ones personal eating habits (if that’s what caused the obesity) or cigarette smoking (can’t smoke anywhere but home or car now) do not impede on my right to stay healthy.  Whereas covid can be spread without an individual even knowing they have it, and vaccines do have a non-effective %.  Someone once said (feel free to jog my memory if anyone knows) your civil liberties end where mine begin. This is a national, no, world issue and if not controlled we may be seeing the start of the end. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    benjs said:

Wasn't it Spiritual Chaos that was posting about what Sweden was doing and everyone lambasted him too and called him a troll?

The person hasn't backed down and has answered everything.  Doesn't seem to get off on antagonizing people like some do.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    benjs said:

Wasn't it Spiritual Chaos that was posting about what Sweden was doing and everyone lambasted him too and called him a troll?

The person hasn't backed down and has answered everything.  Doesn't seem to get off on antagonizing people like some do.
    Who has answered everything? 
    benjs said:

No he hasn't, not in the least.  He keeps posting bullshit graphs and when challenged, he moves onto something else.  Has been doing it for weeks.  He also advocated for herd immunity and when confronted with the possible death count, wouldn't reply to any posts and whether those numbers were acceptable.  So I take issue with your statement completely.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

No he hasn't, not in the least.  He keeps posting bullshit graphs and when challenged, he moves onto something else.  Has been doing it for weeks.  He also advocated for herd immunity and when confronted with the possible death count, wouldn't reply to any posts and whether those numbers were acceptable.  So I take issue with your statement completely.  
    OK, nevermind then...  I don't see it that way.

I totally see where you’re coming from but ones personal eating habits (if that’s what caused the obesity) or cigarette smoking (can’t smoke anywhere but home or car now) do not impede on my right to stay healthy.  Whereas covid can be spread without an individual even knowing they have it, and vaccines do have a non-effective %.  Someone once said (feel free to jog my memory if anyone knows) your civil liberties end where mine begin. This is a national, no, world issue and if not controlled we may be seeing the start of the end. 
    I will try to answer yourself and FMe with one post since you both hit on the global aspect of it.

As I have stated before, last year in March I was just like everyone else.  Constantly seeking out information, watching the news, scared of what this thing may do, etc.  What I quickly realized after "two weeks to flatten the curve" or "slow the spread", whichever you prefer, it quickly turned from we are all in this together and we are about the science to being about the political science.  And I was in last March, my job allowed me to work from home, I was able to be with my kids during a rough time, we never left the house except to walk to the nearby school where I made them exercise (the horror, right!!).  I was doing my part.

Then, at some point, and I cannot pinpoint that moment, it became about more than the virus.  And IMO, it hasn't been about the virus in a loooong time.  

But I digress, I realized after several weeks that lockdowns and masks and everything else thrown at the virus was not going to stop it.  As I have said multiple times before, virus was gonna virus.  And much of what we still see today has become political theater all over the world.  If it truly is a global problem, how come we cannot get on the same page as governments and health officials from all around the globe and come up with a solution, or at least a way forward?  I posted a video in the last page or two where the director of the CDC says kids should be wearing masks while playing sports, while the WHO says kids should not be wearing masks.  People around here like to talk about the science but it hasn't been about "the science" in a long time, moreso the "political science".  Even as a country we cannot agree on a way forward, but the states who have been "open" have performed the same (if not better in most cases) than the states that "locked down" the hardest. 

PJNB said:
    benjs said:

mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

OK, nevermind then...  I don't see it that way.
    And what do you know.. ."virus gonna virus" in the next post.. that's herd immunity right there.  Nothing we can do, just let it ride.  That's the language spoken to support that notion.  

Spreading misinformation, lies, sewing doubt in the efficacy of the vaccines needs to be countered, no matter how harsh it gets.  
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:

What would you liked answered mrussell?

The Skeptic's flu charts.  It appears to my little brain that the skeptic is insinuating that we really didn't have a bad flu problem until...... mass flu vaccines were given.  The Skeptic makes you think, nothing more.  Open your mind, it can be freeing.  He is not saying that anything is fact, more just theorizing on different things.  What about his graphs that Covid-19 actually existed in 2018?  Eye opening.  Ultimately who knows if it was right.

I have answered to the death thing multiple times.  No, I do not believe the covid death count is accurate.  Sorry, I have listed several health officials who state how deaths are counted (60 days within a positive test), I have posted the articles with the motorcycle crash as well as gunshot victims, I have posted screenshots from multiple cities health departments showing that most of the people dying were elderly, with multiple comorbidities such as renal failure, heart attack, etc.

What more would you like me to answer so you and a few others can tell me how (free)dumb I am?
This discussion has been closed.