Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Getting vaccine this Saturday! 
    Wonderful news, jose. You deserve it. 
    Thank you & everyone here I’m hoping everyone here who wants to get vaccinated get it ASAP...
    Fingers crossed. And yes, please let us know how it goes. Minimal side effects, I hope. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    edited December 2020
    hedonist said:
    Getting vaccine this Saturday! 
    Wonderful news, jose. You deserve it. 
    Thank you & everyone here I’m hoping everyone here who wants to get vaccinated get it ASAP...
    Fingers crossed. And yes, please let us know how it goes. Minimal side effects, I hope. 
    Yeah a bit weary of it my wife got it over a week ago with no no really bad side effects!
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    CM189191 said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

she was my first childhood crush. probably why to this day i prefer brunette girl next door types :(
    Damn that sucks watched the show because of her & Ginger! 
    You mean you didn't watch because of a fat old wierdo and his sidekick?
    :lol:
    I watched reruns but for sure loved those ladies 
    I watched because it was interesting to see the professor build a microwave out of a coconut shell and Mrs. Howells bra strap. Yet he couldn't figure out how to patch the hole in the boat?
    Hahaha.  This show needs its own thread.

And forget Ginger or Mary Ann.....

I always wanted to give Mrs. Howell a 3 hour tour.

Oh you just know Lovey was a freak behind closed hut doors.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

she was my first childhood crush. probably why to this day i prefer brunette girl next door types :(
    I watched because it was interesting to see the professor build a microwave out of a coconut shell and Mrs. Howells bra strap. Yet he couldn't figure out how to patch the hole in the boat?

Why do you think their last name was Howell?  Kinda close to "howl", methinks.

Most men preferred Mary Ann, no?  I did (in your face isn't my thing).

We used to eat at the Skipper's restaurant here in LA - The Lobster Barrel.  He would go around and chat up the guests.  It was fun, as a kid.

And Jim Backus...he was the best :)

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    Louisiana congressman Luke Letlow dead from COVID-19
    https://news.yahoo.com/louisiana-congressman-luke-letlow-dead-030127113.html
    k, been reading about this on regular media and social media. hear me out: I keep seeing people posting about how this guy never wore a mask....but we are consistently told that wearing a mask doesn't help the wearer, it protects those around the wearer, so why, when someone on the right dies or gets sick from covid, do people keep harping on the no mask thing as the reason these people got covid?
    I think it's because there's an assumption that people not wearing masks underestimated the severity of Covid19, or if they didn't, then they didn't give a crap about the people they spent time around.  Basically anti-maskers (not all, but many) seem to flout that Covid19 is a problem.

This does freak me out a bit.  Dude was 2 years younger than me, and I have minor/moderate asthma.... ugh.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

We used to eat at the Skipper's restaurant here in LA - The Lobster Barrel.  He would go around and chat up the guests.  It was fun, as a kid.

I wonder if he called you Little Buddy?
    :)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

Girl or boy, that’d creep me right out.

Would’ve been even worse had he called my dad that :lol:
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    :rofl:
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

"Oh Magoo, you've done it again."
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited December 2020
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

If he didn't call 100% of the people who walk in there "Little Buddy" then why even have the restaurant? 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

If he didn't call 100% of the people who walk in there "Little Buddy" then why even have the restaurant? 
    Wasn't he the radio operator in Johnny Dangerously?
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Farg yeah!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Icehole!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

Well, he did don the cap and blue shirt frequently! Man, those were fun times. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    Poncier said:
    CM189191 said:

Well, he did don the cap and blue shirt frequently! Man, those were fun times. 
    I would think he should, I'm sure people weren't going there to see Alan Hale Jr. 

I hope the place was decked out like a desert island. 
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Wisconsin hospital worker arrested for spoiled vaccine doses https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/police-investigate-deliberate-spoiling-500-132400611.html
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Wisconsin hospital worker arrested for spoiled vaccine doses https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/police-investigate-deliberate-spoiling-500-132400611.html
    what the fuck?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    An 8 year old died yesterday.   I can't take anymore of this sorrow. Lots of us are parents.  It is unimaginable 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    An 8 year old died yesterday.   I can't take anymore of this sorrow. Lots of us are parents.  It is unimaginable 

I can't even imagine... :-(
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    https://www.nbc29.com/2021/01/01/virginia-state-senator-dies-covid-complications/

Virginia State Senator Augustus Benton (Ben) Chafin, Jr. died of COVID-19 complications on New Year’s Day.
  • Options
    Got mine this morning!
  • Options
    Got mine this morning!
    Nice, congrats. Please keep us updated on how you’re feeling. 
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    https://www.nbc29.com/2021/01/01/virginia-state-senator-dies-covid-complications/

Virginia State Senator Augustus Benton (Ben) Chafin, Jr. died of COVID-19 complications on New Year’s Day.

• Options
    edited January 2021

Amazing, huh? 

Then there’s this,  :D

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    $2.18 for each shot of Oxford astrazenica vaccine.  So under $5 total. 
    Miraculously cheap 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    On the lighter side of the pandemic...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    It’s almost been 24 hours since I got vaccine both me & my son no side effects to speak of so far! The injection site is soar but that’s about it 1/23/21 I get my 2nd dose...here’s hoping that everyone who wants to get vaccinated can do so ASAP..
  • Options
    It’s like some have regressed to being toddlers. Selfish idiots. 

Jose, wonderful news for you and your son! Keep feeling well :)
This discussion has been closed.