Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    Got a text yesterday morning from a co-workers saying he had tested positive. 
    Got myself tested by 11:15 a.m. and at just after  10 p.m. got my negative results. PHEW!
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    It’s almost been 24 hours since I got vaccine both me & my son no side effects to speak of so far! The injection site is soar but that’s about it 1/23/21 I get my 2nd dose...here’s hoping that everyone who wants to get vaccinated can do so ASAP..
    Awesome news for you and yours. How old is son? 

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    It’s almost been 24 hours since I got vaccine both me & my son no side effects to speak of so far! The injection site is soar but that’s about it 1/23/21 I get my 2nd dose...here’s hoping that everyone who wants to get vaccinated can do so ASAP..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Got myself tested by 11:15 a.m. and at just after  10 p.m. got my negative results. PHEW!

That's a pretty quick turn around time for the results! Where is this?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Omaha, NE
    I was surprised as well but when I got to the drive-up testing are there was 1 other car.
    So maybe a slow testing day in the Midwest. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835

That is the rapid test. I took that once and got my results within 2 hours. 
  • Options
    GlowGirl said:

Nope
    This was the full on nasal probe
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835
    GlowGirl said:

Nope
    This was the full on nasal probe
    Wow. That was quick then. Last PCR test I got took 6 days to get the results. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    With Canada requiring this test for entry, I looked into how easy it would be to obtain after a San Diego cruise which I had rebooked last March to this upcoming March. They give results to passengers on debarkment. (I read the 40 page pdf on their new conditional sailing provisions.) Anyhow this is quick result time too, for a PCR test!

I had to decide: Eat the airfare, and not travel; travel and hope for the best; or get covid prior to trip. 

Fortunately, the airline did another about turn and gave me a new credit, non-expiring, and transferable! I quickly rebooked the Disney Cruise again to Spring 2022 and will look forward to a land/sea vacation snorkling and Snuba off the British Virgin Islands. Here's to fingers crossed for Plan C which has me smiling!
  • Options
    My brother is a chef in a care home.  On this  coming Wednesday he will be getting the Oxford vaccine im proud . On a negative  a neighbour who has was disabled from birth and in an iron lung as a kid is in hospital with covid.  This is like the hunger games. I won't be eligible for months so I just keep saying 1 more day in hell.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Now the line to get vaccinated is getting longer & longer, I was lucky to get it done this past Saturday but people in my office have to travel to other sites to get vaccinated! Some of these sites don’t have any openings till next December..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    We are scheduled for the first dose on Thursday morning!
    Yay for science!!!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    Our facility is providing the first dose this Saturday. We got an email today that said that our numbers were trending in the right direction, so we are modifying operations and can start wearing cloth masks again after being required to wear N-95 masks for the past month. 
  • Options
    I don't know how this country  organises anything.  Brexit=shambles
    Covid=disastrous 
    Our vaccine roll out is just not good enough like most things this government  do. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    ^I feel very sad for health workers rationing care and supplies. This is yet another reason for all of us to do our part!
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Covid=disastrous 
    Our vaccine roll out is just not good enough like most things this government  do. 
    You can travel to Florida and get the vaccine.  Canadians who spend the winter in Florida are getting vaccinated in Florida.  

Both your country and my country are run by boobs...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Covid=disastrous 
    You can travel to Florida and get the vaccine.  Canadians who spend the winter in Florida are getting vaccinated in Florida.  

Both your country and my country are run by boobs...
    that's up to the state governor, not trudeau. jesus. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-canadian-snowbirds-older-than-70-could-receive-vaccine-in-florida/
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

Wait - do we have too little, or too much, or too little again? I just can't keep track of the spin. 
  • Options

Wait - do we have too little, or too much, or too little again? I just can't keep track of the spin. 
    hahaha exactly. what a joke. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Makes perfect sense:

Exclusive: Pandemic relief aid went to media that promoted COVID misinformation

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-pandemic-relief-aid-went-to-media-that-promoted-covid-misinformation-100022099.html
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,475

I've been led to believe Trudeau screwed up by getting too many vaccines. 

What a jerk. 
  • Options

What?  So where has it been stated that we have to much...all that’s been stated is the we supposedly have pre purchased 1/2 billion doses.  You are the one that loves to put your own spin on things...

But then again you are always right?  Correct?  

Keep defending mr blackface and the incompetent premiers...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options

I've been led to believe Trudeau screwed up by getting too many vaccines. 

What a jerk. 

Yeah! Damn him for signing too contracts for too many vaccines, while simultaneously damning him for not getting enough!!

On a more serious note, I work in health care in BC and have no issues with how the vaccine roll out is going. We are getting ample and timely information and the province and health authorities are busting their butts to get people vaccinated. F you, Warren Kinsella. 
  • Options

What?  So where has it been stated that we have to much...all that’s been stated is the we supposedly have pre purchased 1/2 billion doses.  You are the one that loves to put your own spin on things...

But then again you are always right?  Correct?  

Keep defending mr blackface and the incompetent premiers...

I believe it was you who quite recently slammed trudeau for supposedly wasting taxpayer dollars by purchasing too many vaccines from too many companies. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    Rich nations, like Canada, have bought too many coronavirus vaccines: Amnesty International - National | Globalnews.ca

Math is not the Prime Minister's strength.  Corruption is more of his strength....
    Right here is the complaint about buying too many vaccines. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,103
    When these orders were placed, we didn't know if they would all get approval or what the manufacturing capacity would be?   Didn't it makes sense to overbuy in case some of them didn't pan out?

Wasn't I reading stuff a few weeks ago complaining the federal government didn't order enough.. and now its shifted to too much?  What's with our media?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,490
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
This discussion has been closed.