The coronavirus

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,061
    edited March 2020
    Swedens biggest hotel chain SCANDIC is laying off 2000 people (half of it's employees) because of the virus and its board of directors will go go down 20 percent in pay.

Smaller companies will fall one by one I fear, restaurants, shops and the like.

Central Stockholm today:

maybe that board of directors could have saved some jobs by going full on volunteer in their positions for the foreseeable future. sounds like capitalism to me. 
    Well.. it is a hotel chain... it is a private company. 

Not every company can be as noble as Nintendo.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    Kat said:
    continued in additional tweets:
    Afraid to get sick as they are in their 80’s and hear that the novel coronavirus is affecting older people disproportionately. And that they don’t have family around to help them out. Through the crack in the window she handed me a $100 bill and a grocery list, and asked if I
    would be willing to buy her groceries.
    I bought the groceries and placed them in her trunk, and gave her back the change. She told me she had been sitting in the car for nearly 45 min before I had arrived, waiting to ask the right person for help.
    I know it’s a time of hysteria and nerves, but offer to help anyone you can. Not everyone has people to turn to.
    Now that was an outstanding thing to do and I would've done the same. I just would've exchanged phone numbers just so that she wouldn't worry while I shopped for her.

Many in our society as we go forward are going to need someone's help in one way or another.

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,483
    g under p said:
    Kat said:
    continued in additional tweets:
    Afraid to get sick as they are in their 80’s and hear that the novel coronavirus is affecting older people disproportionately. And that they don’t have family around to help them out. Through the crack in the window she handed me a $100 bill and a grocery list, and asked if I
    would be willing to buy her groceries.
    I bought the groceries and placed them in her trunk, and gave her back the change. She told me she had been sitting in the car for nearly 45 min before I had arrived, waiting to ask the right person for help.
    I know it’s a time of hysteria and nerves, but offer to help anyone you can. Not everyone has people to turn to.
    Now that was an outstanding thing to do and I would've done the same. I just would've exchanged phone numbers just so that she wouldn't worry while I shopped for her.

Many in our society as we go forward are going to need someone's help in one way or another.

Peace

absolutely. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

S O C I A L I S M (but not the goodhearted kind that gives it's people health care)

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed-to-pump-more-than-500-billion-into-short-term-bank-funding-expand-types-of-security-purchases.html

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    S O C I A L I S M (but not the goodhearted kind that gives it's people health care)

Fed to pump in more than $1 trillion in dramatic ramping up of market intervention amid coronavirus meltdown

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/12/fed-to-pump-more-than-500-billion-into-short-term-bank-funding-expand-types-of-security-purchases.html

the fed has been doing this shit for two years.  It's sort of like quantitative easing, which is supposed to be a recession lever only.  This economy has been on a bull artificially for at least 18 months now, with the rate cuts, tax cuts and this.  
    He had dinner with him, sat right next to him.  There's zero chance they didn't shake hands.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    mrussel1 said:
    He had dinner with him, sat right next to him.  There's zero chance they didn't shake hands.  
    And these are pictures they released I’m sure they were in close proximity while in private rooms talking ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited March 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    Also, zero chance they are not being tested.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,388
    I wrote a letter to Disney this morning stating that taking our temperature at departure would not account for Co-Vid 19s potential 14 day incubation period and threatened to sue based on stress-induced hypertension their delay is causing.

Hope it helps!
    What would declaring a National Emergency do? I'm not versed much in US or global politics, nor economics.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    tish said:
    I wrote a letter to Disney this morning stating that taking our temperature at departure would not account for Co-Vid 19s potential 14 day incubation period and threatened to sue based on stress-induced hypertension their delay is causing.

Hope it helps!
    I'm sure the Disney Corporation will give your letter the utmost consideration when making choices that affect their global operations.  

=)
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:
    tish said:

Hope it helps!
    I'm sure the Disney Corporation will give your letter the utmost consideration when making choices that affect their global operations.  

=)
    Ya, but gotta do what I can...
    tish said:
    myoung321 said:
    tish said:

Hope it helps!

=)
    Ya, but gotta do what I can...
    Please stop trolling this thread with your "need" to go on this cruise..... get real.

No one could be that closed off to the reality of what's happening. 

BAHAHAHA that helped!  thanks!

myoung321 said:

BAHAHAHA that helped!  thanks!
    Yeah that was pretty damn sad and funny.
    tish said:
    What would declaring a National Emergency do? I'm not versed much in US or global politics, nor economics.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Just announced, Ohio students K-12 will be on "Spring Break" for the next 3 weeks!
    Gatherings larger than 100 prohibited!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    Also, France shuts down all schools.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    We are so backwards here. Shut the fucking schools boris  you  moron..
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    Major League Baseball just suspended spring training postponed Opening Day..

Major League Baseball is delaying the start of the 2020 regular season by at least two weeks in response to the coronavirus pandemic, the league announced Thursday.

ESPN  - https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28892315/sources-mlb-expected-suspend-spring-training

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    rgambs said:
    Just announced, Ohio students K-12 will be on "Spring Break" for the next 3 weeks!
    So when they have a party they number people and when 99 is reached they wait for people to let more in?
    "Anyone who wants a test can get one.. the tests are beautiful and perfect"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-tested-only-77-people-this-week-coronavirus-testing-slow-around-the-nation-153646616.html
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    So when they have a party they number people and when 99 is reached they wait for people to let more in?
    I don't even know 10 people I would actually want to show up if I had a party lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    My company is implementing a recommended WFH beginning tomorrow.

I have a short commute and it's a fairly small office building with about 70 coworkers. 
    Most people will be WFH. With this place empty I'm actually considering coming in for a few days per week for faster network and printing.

How nuts am I?
This discussion has been closed.