The coronavirus

Comments

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Am I misreading some of this, or do a lot of people hope Trump gets the virus? It just seems that way with some of the posts and even a thread predicting when. I don't understand why you would wish the president gets it, even if you don't like him?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    mace1229 said:
    Am I misreading some of this, or do a lot of people hope Trump gets the virus? It just seems that way with some of the posts and even a thread predicting when. I don't understand why you would wish the president gets it, even if you don't like him?
    You’re not mis reading. And yes apparently it’s ok. But only for the current administration. Going forward it won’t be ok. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    mace1229 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Well this has gotten wayyyyyyyyyyyyy bigger than I thought it would.

Anyone know where you can pull real numbers from?  That Hopkins site was sketchy for me.

There are no accurate figures for cases in the U.S. yet because we've only tested a fraction of the population that should have been tested.  Now that test kits are becoming readily available, we'll know within the next couple of days.  Buckle up once the real numbers are revealed...
    I read yesterday, I forget where, that you will only be tested if you have the various symptoms AND have been in contact with a person who tested positive OR traveled out of the country.
    That covers 0% of those infected through community spread.

Well, there aren't enough test kits anyway, so it's almost irrelevant that the testing guidelines are incorrect for the circumstances. 

Wait?????

What?????

VP Pence assured us 3 days ago we'd  have 4 million test kits THIS WEEK.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://apple.news/AGlMXNGAIQ1i8eIzRiVgB0Q
    Damn poor folks to have your sibling or husbands corpse laying there for days ughh..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited March 2020
    Brazil president being tested. Earlier in the week he called the virus “a fantasy”. Wow 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    Best info out there to help dispel the misinformation is here - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah I think you’re misreading this. He was dismissing the virus as no big deal just two weeks ago, he’s been consorting with people that have tested positive, yet he’s stated that he doesn’t need to be tested. So while I don’t want him to get the virus, if he does get it, he brought it on himself. And it’ll be a real eye-opener for people that think he’s actually a competent leader and president. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    I couldn't find the answer online. Anyone know if countries south of the equator that have this, are those cases spreading the the community, or were they people who traveled and brought it back?
    I ask because I assume if it is spreading there, then that probably means warm weather will not slow it down. I only thought of this after reading about Tom Hanks and that he contracted it while in Australia. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    You’re not mis reading. And yes apparently it’s ok. But only for the current administration. Going forward it won’t be ok. 
    You're asking people to have compassion and caring towards a narcissistic, non-empathetic, fact avoidant bully who has bungled the US response to a virus that will result, and has resulted, in the death of many. Good luck! I'm not sure why this is a surprise to some. Go ahead and try to spin this however you want.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    And now major NCAA conference tournaments cancelled....

nicknyr15 said:
    Brazil president being tested. Earlier in the week he called the virus “a fantasy”. Wow 
    lol our president stated two weeks ago that it was contained he too believes in fantasy fucking idiots the both of them , Karma is a bitch 
    mace1229 said:
    I couldn't find the answer online. Anyone know if countries south of the equator that have this, are those cases spreading the the community, or were they people who traveled and brought it back?
    I ask because I assume if it is spreading there, then that probably means warm weather will not slow it down. I only thought of this after reading about Tom Hanks and that he contracted it while in Australia. 
    Read that mythbusters link from WHO. There is no validity to the claim warm weather and humid climates will kill the virus.
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    You're asking people to have compassion and caring towards a narcissistic, non-empathetic, fact avoidant bully who has bungled the US response to a virus that will result, and has resulted, in the death of many. Good luck! I'm not sure why this is a surprise to some. Go ahead and try to spin this however you want.
    I didn't ask for compassion. I just think it is twisted to wish this virus on anyone, including him. Wishing it on him will just help spread it more, right? He comes in contact with world leaders. Wish that all his businesses go bankrupt (again) due to lack of spending or something, but why wish this virus on him? Seems like you're just wishing to make it worse if you do.
    mace1229 said:
    Yes they do Chile has 17 confirmed cases as of yesterday, I’m sure Argentina does have cases too..
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,635
    mace1229 said:
      look to the SARS and MERS responses as to how containment occured.

This IS NOT LIKE SEASONAL FLU, which btw HAS a vaccine. COVID-19 is a long way away from one...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    It's impossible to express it any better than this.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I didn't ask for compassion. I just think it is twisted to wish this virus on anyone, including him. Wishing it on him will just help spread it more, right? He comes in contact with world leaders. Wish that all his businesses go bankrupt (again) due to lack of spending or something, but why wish this virus on him? Seems like you're just wishing to make it worse if you do.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying. He should definitely have it based on his attitude about it. Him and Rudy Gobert must be the most careless idiots out there when it comes to this virus. 
    Saltzy23 said:
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    It's impossible to express it any better than this.
    Except no one asked for compassion. Just doesn't make since to wish this to spread more. I'd like to get it under control, even if that means sparing Trump. Just my opnion.
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Two wrongs don’t make a right. I guess I think differently. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    tbergs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:

Well said. I don't want to see Trump or anyone else get sick, but I have no patience for this almost pathological need to shield him from any blame or culpability for the severity of the situation we are now in. No, it is not his fault. Yes, he did make it worse.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    nicknyr15 said:
    mace1229 said:
    No, it's not ok. Can you flag the posts?
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Maybe the Baffoon should schedule an impromptu meeting with Putun & little Rocketman! You know just to go over how they will save the world 🤧
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,388
    Kat said:
    continued in additional tweets:
    Afraid to get sick as they are in their 80’s and hear that the novel coronavirus is affecting older people disproportionately. And that they don’t have family around to help them out. Through the crack in the window she handed me a $100 bill and a grocery list, and asked if I
    would be willing to buy her groceries.
    I bought the groceries and placed them in her trunk, and gave her back the change. She told me she had been sitting in the car for nearly 45 min before I had arrived, waiting to ask the right person for help.
    I know it’s a time of hysteria and nerves, but offer to help anyone you can. Not everyone has people to turn to.
    Thanks Kit Kat. I called my Mom and offered to do her fresh produce errands. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    Justin Trudeau is in self isolation now. His wife has symptoms after a trip to the UK.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    He's a terrible person.  
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,118
    Republican controlled Senate readying to go on vacation without taking up the House's Coronavirus bill. They won't be back until 3/23. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    Republican controlled Senate readying to go on vacation without taking up the House's Coronavirus bill. They won't be back until 3/23. 
    Always thinking about Americans that will need the help you know Moscow Mitch, he needs to be on vacation to plan it all out 
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,388
    https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/607807/
    doctors have to make the call who gets treated and who doesn’t, think about that 
    Where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die.... (u2)

Tough calls! 
    JimmyV said:
    Send them all to Rudy Gobert's place for some fun and fresh air abound! Our government is a mess. Even during a crisis they aren't able to put the petty bullshit aside and do what it takes to ensure there is some sort of plan in place to stop the bleeding.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    Yea, Team Trump Treason deserves no blame nor scorn. In fact, he should be overwhelmingly re-elected. So much winning and all. And because this is what real leadership looks and acts like.

Jan. 29: “Just received a briefing on the Coronavirus in China from all of our GREAT agencies, who are also working closely with China. We will continue to monitor the ongoing developments. We have the best experts anywhere in the world, and they are on top of it 24/7!”

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25: “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”

Feb. 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus, including the very early closing of our borders to certain areas of the world.”

Feb. 28: “I think it’s really going well. We did something very fortunate: we closed up to certain areas of the world very, very early — far earlier than we were supposed to. I took a lot of heat for doing it. It turned out to be the right move, and we only have 15 people and they are getting better, and hopefully they’re all better. There’s one who is quite sick, but maybe he’s gonna be fine. … We’re prepared for the worst, but we think we’re going to be very fortunate."

March 6: “We did an interview on Fox last night, a town hall. I think it was very good. And I said, ‘Calm. You have to be calm. It’ll go away.' ”

March 7: “It came out of China, and we heard about it. And made a good move: We closed it down; we stopped it. Otherwise — the head of CDC said last night that you would have thousands of more problems if we didn’t shut it down very early. That was a very early shutdown, which is something we got right."

March 9: “The Fake News Media and their partner, the Democrat Party, is doing everything within its semi-considerable power (it used to be greater!) to inflame the CoronaVirus situation, far beyond what the facts would warrant. Surgeon General, ‘The risk is low to the average American.’ ”

March 10: “And it hit the world. And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 12: “It’s going to go away. ... The United States, because of what I did and what the administration did with China, we have 32 deaths at this point … when you look at the kind of numbers that you’re seeing coming out of other countries, it’s pretty amazing when you think of it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/03/12/trump-coronavirus-timeline/?utm_campaign=wp_post_most&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_most
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.