albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,330
    mcgruff10 said:
    New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy today on schools and some new restrictions:

Murphy did say schools continue to be a positive point during the pandemic, with 52 cases of in-school transmission in the state out of about 3,000 buildings.

Asked if the state will close schools if numbers reach a certain level, the governor said: “I hope not. Our school experience has actually been a good one so far.”

“Schools, by the way, are a good example of when you prepare properly, you socially distance, you put barriers up, you mandate masking,” he said on WPIX. “That’s the reason why we’re seeing a low level of transmission in schools — because they’re doing it the right way.”

Private indoor gatherings will be dropped from 25 to 10 people and outdoor gatherings from 500 to 150 people with the winter holidays fast approaching, Murphy said.

But the governor said the change does not affect the current 25% capacity limits on indoor dining in the state. Plus, current indoor limits on weddings, funerals, movie theaters, performances, religious services, and political activities — up to 25% of a venue’s capacity, with a maximum of 150 people — will remain, Murphy’s office told NJ Advance Media. Outdoor religious services and political activities will continue to have no limit.

Good to hear of schools in other places being successful.  Now if we could only get parents to listen and behave as well as their kids do.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257

So you're saying it is less risk for a girl not to wear a mask?
  • It depends where  your face is!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,611
    mace1229 said:

So you're saying it is less risk for a girl not to wear a mask?

Does this help?
    Amazoncom  The Tinkle Belle Female Urination Device  Portable Urinal  with Case Stand to Pee While Staying Fully Clothed Easy Compact  Reliable for HikingCampingTravelConcertsFestivalsDirty Toilets   Sports  Outdoors

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    all this vaccine info is pointing in the right direction. i think/hope we'll be back to semi-normalcy by the summer. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    Press conference scheduled, new expected to be expected. 
    Moderna just announced 94.5% effective rate and better storage temps. This is great news. 
    Outstanding news.
    2 of the major vaccines showing 90%+ effectiveness so far is better than we could have hoped for a couple months ago. I remember some discussion a while back(possibly on CNN) with experts hoping for 70-75% effectiveness.
    These mRNA vaccines used by Pfizer/Moderna are groundbreaking if proven effective. I'm talking about for future generations of humans facing whatever virus's we stew up with our reckless behavior in the coming centuries. These would be the first mRNA vaccines on the market. To think science is to the point where we can trick the human body into fighting off a virus that it's never seen is an astounding accomplishment. Almost as astounding as those who still won't wear a mask or commit to taking one of the vaccines if proven safe which seems almost assured at this point. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    Moderna just announced 94.5% effective rate and better storage temps. This is great news. 
    Outstanding news.
    2 of the major vaccines showing 90%+ effectiveness so far is better than we could have hoped for a couple months ago. I remember some discussion a while back(possibly on CNN) with experts hoping for 70-75% effectiveness.
    These mRNA vaccines used by Pfizer/Moderna are groundbreaking if proven effective. I'm talking about for future generations of humans facing whatever virus's we stew up with our reckless behavior in the coming centuries. These would be the first mRNA vaccines on the market. To think science is to the point where we can trick the human body into fighting off a virus that it's never seen is an astounding accomplishment. Almost as astounding as those who still won't wear a mask or commit to taking one of the vaccines if proven safe which seems almost assured at this point. 
    I agree so many terrible  illnesses  people suffer with now  could well be cured with this  technique.  It is really history  being made and the future generations will benefit i believe 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

Would save a lot of elderly people every year
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,390
    Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

Agreed.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I think it is going to be tough for me to snap back to pre-covid sloppiness.  I wont be quite as extreme as now, but I am way more conscious of dirty surfaces in public areas, doorknobs, hand washing, 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    mcgruff10 said:
    New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy today on schools and some new restrictions:

Murphy did say schools continue to be a positive point during the pandemic, with 52 cases of in-school transmission in the state out of about 3,000 buildings.

Asked if the state will close schools if numbers reach a certain level, the governor said: “I hope not. Our school experience has actually been a good one so far.”

“Schools, by the way, are a good example of when you prepare properly, you socially distance, you put barriers up, you mandate masking,” he said on WPIX. “That’s the reason why we’re seeing a low level of transmission in schools — because they’re doing it the right way.”

Private indoor gatherings will be dropped from 25 to 10 people and outdoor gatherings from 500 to 150 people with the winter holidays fast approaching, Murphy said.

But the governor said the change does not affect the current 25% capacity limits on indoor dining in the state. Plus, current indoor limits on weddings, funerals, movie theaters, performances, religious services, and political activities — up to 25% of a venue’s capacity, with a maximum of 150 people — will remain, Murphy’s office told NJ Advance Media. Outdoor religious services and political activities will continue to have no limit.

Good that in-school transmission is low(How do they figure that out?) but kids/staff are getting the Virus.

This is just for schools that made the Football  Playoffs  in NJ:

56 HS football teams sidelined for COVID-19 issues in Rd. 1 of postseason

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    It depends where  your face is!
    :lol:
  • hedonist said:
    Im glad someone got it. I felt worried after i posted that.  Great to know im in good company 🤝
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Im glad someone got it. I felt worried after i posted that.  Great to know im in good company 🤝
    Mutual ;)
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,611
    edited November 2020
    MayDay10 said:
    I think it is going to be tough for me to snap back to pre-covid sloppiness.  I wont be quite as extreme as now, but I am way more conscious of dirty surfaces in public areas, doorknobs, hand washing, 

For me, it's been a great learning curve for how to stay well.  I've been on deaths door with the flu and pretty sure coronavirus would do me in.  I'm sticking with the program from here on out.  I know I won't live forever, but I'm stretching out this life as long as reasonably possible, and as long as there is quality of life. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    MayDay10 said:

I'm  a germaphobe of the old school. I was already using towels to pull open bathroom doors, using my feet to push open, hitting elevator buttons with my knuckle, coughing into by elbow, etc. And I've always wanted hand-shaking to go away as a custom. I didn't refuse to do it because of what that could do to relationships but I was always conscious of that hand until I could wash or sanitize it.  I'm hoping hand-shaking goes away.

All that said, despite my germaphobic tendencies, I feel like I've still learned a lot, particularly when it comes to protecting others. Now that working from home is a viable option in my office-based job, I'll do it if I am "iffy." I did have a "tough it out" history. I do hope a general improvement comes along, at the very least the (I'm guessing) 50% of males that use public bathrooms and don't wash goes way up.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited November 2020
    PJNB said:
    It will be even better when/if they know the immunity level it provides. Is it 6 month, 1 year, or a lifetime. I also believe this is a single dose vaccine vs. the multiple dose that Pfizer has.

As much as I hope an effective vaccine becomes available, a part of me is a bit hesitant...
    I have a feeling it will be like the flu shot - once a year or so. At this point, I don't even mind if we have to get it every 6 months. I just want to be able to get some semblance of normalcy back in terms of socializing, going to concerts, not being so fearful, not having to wear a mask, etc.

hedonist said:
    oh I got it, rob. i got it. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • OnWis97 said:
    MayDay10 said:

I'm  a germaphobe of the old school. I was already using towels to pull open bathroom doors, using my feet to push open, hitting elevator buttons with my knuckle, coughing into by elbow, etc. And I've always wanted hand-shaking to go away as a custom. I didn't refuse to do it because of what that could do to relationships but I was always conscious of that hand until I could wash or sanitize it.  I'm hoping hand-shaking goes away.

All that said, despite my germaphobic tendencies, I feel like I've still learned a lot, particularly when it comes to protecting others. Now that working from home is a viable option in my office-based job, I'll do it if I am "iffy." I did have a "tough it out" history. I do hope a general improvement comes along, at the very least the (I'm guessing) 50% of males that use public bathrooms and don't wash goes way up.
    Im with you on these germaphobe life hacks. Been like it many years. I feel the same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• hedonist said:
    oh I got it, rob. i got it. LOL
    Ah great i will endeavour to add smut to many threads! 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

You can not get Americans on board with now (240 000+ deaths)...they'll never go for it in the flu season...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365

Akron limits private gatherings to 6 guests, with masks required, through Dec. 16 to curb coronavirus spread

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2020/11/akron-limits-private-gatherings-to-6-guests-with-masks-required-through-dec-16-to-curb-coronavirus-spread.html
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    Here in KC (& the surrounding metro area), there are new restrictions in place. Sadly, it’s too little too late. Hospitals are almost at capacity with only about 20 open ICU beds in the metro.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559

Akron limits private gatherings to 6 guests, with masks required, through Dec. 16 to curb coronavirus spread

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2020/11/akron-limits-private-gatherings-to-6-guests-with-masks-required-through-dec-16-to-curb-coronavirus-spread.html
    Yeah and Dewine is cracking down and accepted Biden as the next president so Trump is trying to tear him down. What a pile of garbage.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

You can not get Americans on board with now (240 000+ deaths)...they'll never go for it in the flu season...
    americans would just brush flu season off and say "it is just a less severe and less lethal form of coronavirus".

because on the whole americans think they know everything. i had no idea that people i went to school with who dropped out in 10th grade are infectious disease experts on social media now.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

americans would just brush flu season off and say "it is just a less severe and less lethal form of coronavirus".

because on the whole americans think they know everything. i had no idea that people i went to school with who dropped out in 10th grade are infectious disease experts on social media now.
    I don't think this is an american thing
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited November 2020
    there is a very religious city about a half hour out of winnipeg, called Steinbach, pop of about 15K. There was an anti-mask rally there that attracted about a hundred people. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/cliff-cullen-steinbach-rally-protestors-unacceptable-1.5802973

so you're right, SC, this is not just an american thing.

it's an idiot conservative thing. 

www.headstonesband.com

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    edited November 2020

They are veritable Renaissance scholars. At the beginning of this year they were all Constitutional experts as well, giving their vast knowledge of impeachment law to us commoners. 
This discussion has been closed.