The coronavirus

Comments

• OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

Would save a lot of elderly people every year
    You can not get Americans on board with now (240 000+ deaths)...they'll never go for it in the flu season...
    americans would just brush flu season off and say "it is just a less severe and less lethal form of coronavirus".

because on the whole americans think they know everything. i had no idea that people i went to school with who dropped out in 10th grade are infectious disease experts on social media now.
    I don't think this is an american thing
    It's not just an American thing, but I do think America puts a higher premium on individualism (as opposed to collectivism) than most places.  America doesn't have a patent on it, but we do it best.

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • The cinema here is showing Who Framed Roger Rabbit on 35mm on saturday.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

You can not get Americans on board with now (240 000+ deaths)...they'll never go for it in the flu season...
    americans would just brush flu season off and say "it is just a less severe and less lethal form of coronavirus".

because on the whole americans think they know everything. i had no idea that people i went to school with who dropped out in 10th grade are infectious disease experts on social media now.
    They are veritable Renaissance scholars. At the beginning of this year they were all Constitutional experts as well, giving their vast knowledge of impeachment law to us commoners. 
    i have noticed that the same people are also election law experts. they know everything about elections in all 50 states.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • OnWis97 said:
    Society should still practice Covid precuastions a few weeks every flu season going forward (Washing hands longer, social distancing etc) 

It's not just an American thing, but I do think America puts a higher premium on individualism (as opposed to collectivism) than most places.  America doesn't have a patent on it, but we do it best.

woohoo!!

USA!USA!USA!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Does that mean you are tempted to give up the 2 week quarantine?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692

They are veritable Renaissance scholars. At the beginning of this year they were all Constitutional experts as well, giving their vast knowledge of impeachment law to us commoners. 
    i have noticed that the same people are also election law experts. they know everything about elections in all 50 states.
    Yep, that too. 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Everyone is a fucking expert, doncha know? This place is no different :lol:
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    hedonist said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Interesting. Makes sense too. 

Does that mean you are tempted to give up the 2 week quarantine?
    My Two week strict quarantine starts so I can leave Gothenburg for Trollhättan on the 20th.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Sweden has bought 4.5 million doses of that Pfizer vaccin. Covers 2,25 million people.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death
    By Paulina Villegas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/11/16/south-dakota-nurse-coronavirus-deniers/

South Dakota nurse says many patients deny the coronavirus exists — right up until death
    By Paulina Villegas
    November 16 at 5:22 PM EST
    Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.
    It’s like a “horror movie that never ends,” Doering wrote on Twitter.
    Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
    Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.
    “I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
    “Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.
    Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
    “COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”
    [Worsening coronavirus crisis pushes leaders to take new measures]
    The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.
    Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.
    In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.
    “You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.
    [‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.]
    South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.
    Noem has become a star in Trump’s circle by joining in his antagonism toward mainstream scientific opinion: She is one of the few governors who refused to issue a stay-at-home order in the spring, has repeatedly questioned the validity of using masks to reduce viral spread and hosted the president for a massive, tightly packed Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore.
    Last week, South Dakota reported an 18.2 percent increase in daily deaths and a 26.5 percent jump in hospitalizations, according to data tracked by The Post. The South Dakota Department of Health reported 2,020 new coronavirus infections Thursday, a record for positive results in a 24-hour period.
    “It is hard and sad because every hospital, every nurse, every doctor in the state is seeing the same things,” Doering told CNN. “These people are getting sick the same way, you treat them in the same way, they die in the same way, and then you do it all over again.”
    Griffe Witte and Tony Romm contributed to this report.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,611
    mickeyrat said:
    By Paulina Villegas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/11/16/south-dakota-nurse-coronavirus-deniers/

By Paulina Villegas
    Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota, was overwhelmed Saturday night. Her patients were dying of covid-19, yet were still in denial about the pandemic’s existence.
    Her anxiety and despair are shared by many health-care workers who are facing a dramatic surge in covid-19 patients. But some front-line workers, like Doering, also face the emotional toll of treating patients who, despite being severely ill, are reluctant to acknowledge that they have been infected with a virus that President Trump has said will simply disappear.
    Doering said she has covid-19 patients who need 100-percent-oxygen breathing assistance and who will also swear they don’t have the illness that has ended the lives of nearly a quarter-million people in the United States since February.
    “I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.
    “Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’” Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their positive test results.
    Doering’s weekend tweets went viral and prompted reaction from residents, health-care workers and local officials.
    “COVID is amplifying the feeling of frustration and helplessness our front-line healthcare workers are experiencing,” Brookings, S.D., City Council member Nick Wendell wrote on Twitter. “We are in the midst of the storm right now. When we see our way through to the other side, the accumulated grief of healthcare workers in our state will be among the debris.”
    The United States surpassed 11 million coronavirus cases Sunday, and health experts warn of even bleaker weeks ahead, urging the public to take the pandemic seriously and abide by strict social-distancing rules. They have also urged public officials to implement more restrictions, such as statewide mask mandates, to stem the spread.
    Coronavirus cases are increasing rapidly across the country, but North and South Dakota led the nation in new cases and deaths per capita last week, according to Washington Post data.
    In North Dakota, where cases have rocketed in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum has also acknowledged the phenomenon of disbelief among the population. Burgum pleaded with fellow residents late last week to take precautions, as the state’s hospitals are overwhelmed with patients.
    “You don’t have to believe in covid, you don’t have to believe in a certain political party or not, you don’t have to believe whether masks work or not. You can just do it because you know that one thing is very real. And that’s that 100 percent of our capacity is now being used,” Burgum said.
    [‘Covid-hell.’ ‘Humanitarian disaster.’ Experts sound the alarm about U.S. coronavirus outbreak.]
    South Dakota Gov. Kristi L. Noem (R) has opposed mask mandates and other measures despite the rapid spread in her state.
    Noem has become a star in Trump’s circle by joining in his antagonism toward mainstream scientific opinion: She is one of the few governors who refused to issue a stay-at-home order in the spring, has repeatedly questioned the validity of using masks to reduce viral spread and hosted the president for a massive, tightly packed Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore.
    Last week, South Dakota reported an 18.2 percent increase in daily deaths and a 26.5 percent jump in hospitalizations, according to data tracked by The Post. The South Dakota Department of Health reported 2,020 new coronavirus infections Thursday, a record for positive results in a 24-hour period.
    “It is hard and sad because every hospital, every nurse, every doctor in the state is seeing the same things,” Doering told CNN. “These people are getting sick the same way, you treat them in the same way, they die in the same way, and then you do it all over again.”

Trump won the election, COVID-19 is a scam, and the world is flat. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,162
    Rename it the Trump virus! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,730
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    By Paulina Villegas

By Paulina Villegas

Trump won the election, COVID-19 is a scam, and the world is flat. 

forgot also the center of the universe
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • OnWis97 said:

Americans have gotten a crash course in how much "freedom" they really have this year and to many it's frightening. I don't defend their logic in most regards because this is a once a century crisis that requires teamwork on a mass scale. Regardless, out here in CA the Gov just imposed restrictions that will likely kill a large amount of small businesses. It's tragic that we couldn't unite months ago but at this point we are a fractured country and the more restrictions put in place the more fractured we become. Writing off the frustration and behavior of millions of unemployed, hopeless Americans as simply morons accomplishes nothing and only fuels their anger. It plays well on a PJ message board but not in the real world. Somehow selling the message that a slow but responsible re-opening of our country is the only way out is what Biden and other politicians need to accomplish. So far they have failed miserably, from the oblivious red state leadership that's led to 40% positivity rates to the condescending tone of a Gavin Newsom who enrages a good portion of his own state. Leadership matters and sadly our country has very little of it right now.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,759
    mickeyrat said:
    By Paulina Villegas

By Paulina Villegas

So, when is the Sturgis Winter Motorcycle event happening this year?

What the hell, the may as well bring another Half-Million people in.

SMH 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    OnWis97 said:

Americans have gotten a crash course in how much "freedom" they really have this year and to many it's frightening. I don't defend their logic in most regards because this is a once a century crisis that requires teamwork on a mass scale. Regardless, out here in CA the Gov just imposed restrictions that will likely kill a large amount of small businesses. It's tragic that we couldn't unite months ago but at this point we are a fractured country and the more restrictions put in place the more fractured we become. Writing off the frustration and behavior of millions of unemployed, hopeless Americans as simply morons accomplishes nothing and only fuels their anger. It plays well on a PJ message board but not in the real world. Somehow selling the message that a slow but responsible re-opening of our country is the only way out is what Biden and other politicians need to accomplish. So far they have failed miserably, from the oblivious red state leadership that's led to 40% positivity rates to the condescending tone of a Gavin Newsom who enrages a good portion of his own state. Leadership matters and sadly our country has very little of it right now.
    This is why people blame trump for a good portion of this mess. Had he lead the charge on masks, distancing, etc, his republican lemmings would have followed suit and would have saved countless lives and businesses. 

Unfortunately, many people in the US seem to view their "freedom" (AKA freedom to infect and ultimately kill others) the same way they do 2A. Fuck everyone else, me and my freedoms first. 

it's just going to get worse now with trump rage-tweeting about the election, the vaccine on the way which in my view will lead to larger swaths of complacency, and the holidays coming. 

at least in canada we're past thanksgiving. Hopefully these code reds can possibly save some semblance of xmas, but if not, I'm ok with that. Sadly, many won't be. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

OnWis97 said:

Too bad our governor is a hypocritical ass. 
  • MANK on the 20th. 
    WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT on the 21th

My last two movies I'll go watch.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Is that California? I actually laughed when I heard that story. 
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Asking both Hedonist and lastexit78:   I'm not challenging your strong dislike of Newsom, I'm just curious as to why there is so much divided opinion about Newsom and what it is his detractors don't like about him. 

My take is that he seems very dedicated to the job and has a great deal of concern for the people of California.  I haven't found anything I strongly disagree on and I thought he really came to the plate when COVID struck with his daily live up dates.  During one of them, he was harassed relentlessly by a BLM member using a loudspeaker to blast siren noise.  He handled that very calmly.

So what is it about him that vexes you so?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Asking both Hedonist and lastexit78:   I'm not challenging your strong dislike of Newsom, I'm just curious as to why there is so much divided opinion about Newsom and what it is his detractors don't like about him. 

My take is that he seems very dedicated to the job and has a great deal of concern for the people of California.  I haven't found anything I strongly disagree on and I thought he really came to the plate when COVID struck with his daily live up dates.  During one of them, he was harassed relentlessly by a BLM member using a loudspeaker to blast siren noise.  He handled that very calmly.

Im assuming that post was referring to his dinner party from 10 days ago, while shaming everyone to stay at home.
  • Let the guy relax
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Im assuming that post was referring to his dinner party from 10 days ago, while shaming everyone to stay at home.

I did not see that.  Was he really shaming people or was he simply making suggestions or giving advice.  The word "shaming" has become quite in vogue and gets tossed around a lot these days.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am very suspicious lately of these terms that get tossed around so easily- things like "snowflake", "shaming", "fascist", "radical", and "socialist", etc. 

• brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Personally I'm indifferent to Newson. Overall he's handled the pandemic better than most governors and that's saying something because this state is WAY more politically diverse than most people realize. I have a lot of family and friends on the conservative side and they see him as an elitist. They see a 5% positivity rate and 78,000 or whatever ICU beds available and question why we under such harsh restrictions. Most of my family lives in a bordering county that's had 1,800 cases and a total of 4 deaths. I hear it everyday from them about how those numbers don't equate to what we are being asked to sacrifice. At this point I just tell them to wear masks and keep distancing but the message isn't landing because the haven't really been "hit" yet. Newsom yesterday admitted we are in a better place than most states but that he holds us to a higher standard. That's a tough message to sell when businesses are going bankrupt in counties who've seen little to no impact. Plus he made his own blunder that the far right instantly pounced on. I suppose if we had a proper federal response governors wouldn't be put in these positions but we know how that went. In the meantime time the message just isn't landing like it did in April or July. It's falling on deaf and angry ears at this point.
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,519
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

Personally I'm indifferent to Newson. Overall he's handled the pandemic better than most governors and that's saying something because this state is WAY more politically diverse than most people realize. I have a lot of family and friends on the conservative side and they see him as an elitist. They see a 5% positivity rate and 78,000 or whatever ICU beds available and question why we under such harsh restrictions. Most of my family lives in a bordering county that's had 1,800 cases and a total of 4 deaths. I hear it everyday from them about how those numbers don't equate to what we are being asked to sacrifice. At this point I just tell them to wear masks and keep distancing but the message isn't landing because the haven't really been "hit" yet. Newsom yesterday admitted we are in a better place than most states but that he holds us to a higher standard. That's a tough message to sell when businesses are going bankrupt in counties who've seen little to no impact. Plus he made his own blunder that the far right instantly pounced on. I suppose if we had a proper federal response governors wouldn't be put in these positions but we know how that went. In the meantime time the message just isn't landing like it did in April or July. It's falling on deaf and angry ears at this point.
    it still amazes me that people think they can justify opening back up because they haven't been that hardly hit yet. Um, maybe you haven't had a really bad outbreak because of how it's been handled. 

kind of the same as the climate crisis. "well, I still have air to breathe now, so yeah, I'm going to keep driving down the block for a burrito until we don't". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

it still amazes me that people think they can justify opening back up because they haven't been that hardly hit yet. Um, maybe you haven't had a really bad outbreak because of how it's been handled. 

kind of the same as the climate crisis. "well, I still have air to breathe now, so yeah, I'm going to keep driving down the block for a burrito until we don't". 
    I think the places going out of business and the people not able to make a living definitely play a part.  For better or worse if someone is losing their business or not able to pay rent and no income is coming in they are going to be angry, sometimes to the point o flaunting all regulations.  The lack of a strong federal response has certainly done huge harm.   Now that the division is there it is going to take the new administration coming up with an easy to promote message coupled with real economic stimulus to people that can’t pay the bills to get anything on track in the US
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Lost in all of this is that the repub senate hasn’t taken up the house stimulus bill that was sent over. Okay, you disagree with the price tag and the house isn’t budging. Put your money where your mouth is and hold a floor vote. Are you afraid of accountability? Businesses are going under without stimulus, either defend yourselves and your position or let it go. Doing nothing is not an option, particularly post election. The Do Nothing Party.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

I did not see that.  Was he really shaming people or was he simply making suggestions or giving advice.  The word "shaming" has become quite in vogue and gets tossed around a lot these days.  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am very suspicious lately of these terms that get tossed around so easily- things like "snowflake", "shaming", "fascist", "radical", and "socialist", etc.  
    I don't know if you'd call it guilting or shaming, but I'm pretty sure he had messages of "stay home and you'll save lives" when he puts in place his restrictions. Then to not do it yourself looks pretty bad, even if you don't agree with my use of shaming. But I equate a message of "do this to save lives" as on the same level of saying you're killing people if you don't, and to me that's shaming. 
This discussion has been closed.