Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    He went into the team photo and took his mask off apparently. Like WTFF?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Interesting. If anyone where I work has taken a test, they quarantine until they get results.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,792
    tbergs said:
    Interesting. If anyone where I work has taken a test, they quarantine until they get results.
    Athletes, musicians, celebrities etc... all live with different rules than us. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    mace1229 said:
    Justin Turner pulled from 8th inning tonight because a test came back positive mid game. I have a feeling you’re going to see a lot more Dodgers test positive in a few days, good thing for them it’s over.
    MLB dodged a bullet last night.  This would be a disaster had Tampa won.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    hedonist said:
    I figure that by now, if someone knowingly exposes themselves and perhaps others in the process, it’s caveat emptor.

Right?

There's a reason I haven't sat down for a meal inside a restaurant in over 7 months.

Killing me, as well.  No deli visits.  No sushi.  No "stop here on a whim" since we don't fucking go anywhere. 
    Have not even eaten food fully prepared by anyone in that time period.
    Brutal!
    What’s wrong no take out we order pizza, Chinese & sushi at least once a month, I refuse to go into a restaurant though ..
    Yeah I can dig that, just not how we are rolling.  The only takeout since March has been pizza delivery and that is half cooked and I put it in my oven for ten minutes.

I miss it but don't want to risk my wife's health until we know more.  

Totally understandable! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    nicknyr15 said:
    tbergs said:
    Athletes, musicians, celebrities etc... all live with different rules than us. 

In this instance they were all in a bubble and it was under tight control for the past number of playoff rounds.  They were tested daily. 
    I think everything was OK until dude came back out onto the field to celebrate...that showed poor judgement and control by MLB.

Will be curious to see if they can determine how he was exposed given the bubble and all I have read about the security controls in place. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    tbergs said:
    Why? Are you only testing if you have symptoms? We’re encouraged to get tested every 2 weeks. No action unless your test comes back positive.

And in baseball they were all being tested. No reason to quarantine anyone unless you have a positive test.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:
    Why? Are you only testing if you have symptoms? We’re encouraged to get tested every 2 weeks. No action unless your test comes back positive.

And in baseball they were all being tested. No reason to quarantine anyone unless you have a positive test.
    No, we don't require periodic random testing, but if you have been exposed to a positive case or become symptomatic, you typically must be tested. I guess if you are just requiring tests no matter what then it makes sense not to quarantine each time.

I did get in to a back and forth with one person who stated they were just testing to be safe because they had gone to a wedding so they wanted to make sure they didn't pass it on to their family, but yet they wanted us to let them be on-campus while waiting for results. I was like, no way. Apply that same just to be safe thinking to those you are going to potentially expose here as well.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    If everyone was on board with Turner joining in and willing to take the appropriate measures afterwards, it’s not an issue for me. Unfortunately we don’t live in fantasy land and half of the people on the field probably believe a bunch of half truths and conspiracy bullshit. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tbergs said:

No, we don't require periodic random testing, but if you have been exposed to a positive case or become symptomatic, you typically must be tested. I guess if you are just requiring tests no matter what then it makes sense not to quarantine each time.

I did get in to a back and forth with one person who stated they were just testing to be safe because they had gone to a wedding so they wanted to make sure they didn't pass it on to their family, but yet they wanted us to let them be on-campus while waiting for results. I was like, no way. Apply that same just to be safe thinking to those you are going to potentially expose here as well.
    We’re not required to get tested, just encouraged. And a lot of people are just being tested on a regular basis just for precaution. I do t go every 2 weeks, but I’ve been tested 3 times in About 4 months. It’s a drive through test and takes about 5 minutes, I imagine a lot of others are just going to be safe or the % positive wouldn’t have been around 3% last month. Now it’s about 7% positive as we’re seeing the daily numbers increase.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,892
    We just doubled our student population; I teach from a little corner of my classroom and don't move.  I feel like it is only a matter of time before an outbreak occurs.  In my school we have had teachers have legit panic attacks so severe that they were rushed to the hospital.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    DewieCox said:
    If everyone was on board with Turner joining in and willing to take the appropriate measures afterwards, it’s not an issue for me. Unfortunately we don’t live in fantasy land and half of the people on the field probably believe a bunch of half truths and conspiracy bullshit. 
    MLB is essentially a branch of Q. None of those people are going to worry about where they go for the next several weeks.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    Justin Turner pulled from 8th inning tonight because a test came back positive mid game. I have a feeling you’re going to see a lot more Dodgers test positive in a few days, good thing for them it’s over.
    then the fucker comes back for the celebration. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    To be fair, at that point he had been sitting with his team in the dugout for 2 games and whatever practice, meetings, pregame stuff they do. Probably figured what's 10 more minutes at this point. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    To be fair, at that point he had been sitting with his team in the dugout for 2 games and whatever practice, meetings, pregame stuff they do. Probably figured what's 10 more minutes at this point. 
    true. and being able to celebrate winning the WS could be once in a lifetime. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Yeah, the only thing I think looks bad is taking off his mask after he knew. I don't blame him for celebrating. His Tuesday test came back inconclusive, so they retested Wednesday. They got the results during the game and pulled him out in the 8th. That's why I'm assuming he was positive for at least those 2 games, if not more. You just won the world series, go celebrate. But keep the mask on.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I honestly doubt he even made that little of a consideration. His team won and he was going to celebrate with them. We all know once the cameras are gone those guys aren't going to do anything differently anyway.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You just won the world series, go celebrate. But keep the mask on.
    You don't seem to understand how any of this works. 

Masks are not a substitute for social distancing and staying apart from other people. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Also for the team picture he had the mask on and then when they took the picture he took it off, major league asshole! 

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:

Masks are not a substitute for social distancing and staying apart from other people. 
    masks are to be used where social distancing is not possible. 

do i think anyone who is positive should do something like this? absolutely not. but winning the world series is extenuating circumstances. it's not like he ran over and kissed his 108 year old grandmother on the lips. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,030
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:

Not "celebrating" is possible. if you have a possibly deadly disease. Or stand behind a plexiglass a few metres away, Hah,.

do i think anyone who is positive should do something like this? absolutely not. 
    Great. No need to argue then.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Not "celebrating" is possible. if you have a possibly deadly disease. Or stand behind a plexiglass a few feet a way, Hah,.

do i think anyone who is positive should do something like this? absolutely not. 
    Great. No need to argue then.
    hello, Mr. Out Of Context. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:

I do understand. He just won the world series after spending 2 at least games in a small dugout with 26 players. Not to mention meetings, warm up, traveling to and from hotel and everything else. Is 10 minutes of running around the field really going to make a difference after all that? Let him celebrate the WS win. Mask or no mask probably made little difference at that point, but I think it would look better for him and the team if he kept it on.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:

do i think anyone who is positive should do something like this? absolutely not. but winning the world series is extenuating circumstances. it's not like he ran over and kissed his 108 year old grandmother on the lips. 
    If only we could all looks so good at 108...

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Does that even qualify as a kiss? It looks like a nuzzle...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Does that even qualify as a kiss? It looks like a nuzzle...
    How do you kiss your grandmother?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I do understand. He just won the world series after spending 2 at least games in a small dugout with 26 players. Not to mention meetings, warm up, traveling to and from hotel and everything else. Is 10 minutes of running around the field really going to make a difference after all that? Let him celebrate the WS win. Mask or no mask probably made little difference at that point, but I think it would look better for him and the team if he kept it on.
    Shouldn't be up to him.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Shouldn't be up to him.
    What would Sweden's government have done?
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

he looks like Brent Terhune. 

she been doggone terhuned! 

I DON'T THANK SO
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Shouldn't be up to him.
    What would Sweden's government have done?
    Sent out an 

https://youtu.be/cvChjHcABPA
This discussion has been closed.