Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    Record..1259 cases today..
    It's really raising in Greece. Compared to the flat spring/summer. Any talks of lockdowns/stricter lockdowns?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,511
    23scidoo said:
    Record..1259 cases today..
    It's really raising in Greece. Compared to the flat spring/summer. Any talks of lockdowns/stricter lockdowns?
    The last month is very bad..in some regions masks everywhere, outside and inside..bars and restaurants closed at midnight and they work with limited people..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    23scidoo said:

Not good!  Where are the masks?!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    23scidoo said:
    Yeah we have those problems too. Mostly in Stockholm. But also here in Gothenburg. Packed.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    23scidoo said:

Not good!  Where are the masks?!
    The photo is before covid but nothing has change..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options

Sweden has told residents in the south of the country to severely limit their social interactions after a surge in the number of cases last week and warnings that the situation is likely to get worse. 

The Swedish public health agency already told residents in the northern Uppsala region last week to avoid public transport and not to meet people outside their household for a period of two weeks.

The same advice has now been issued in the southernmost Scania region, but for a period of three weeks. 

Health officials also said people should avoid meetings and cultural events, and to stay clear of indoor spaces such as shops, museums, libraries and gyms.

While other countries struggling to contain a second wave of the coronavirus pandemic are introducing mandatory restrictions, the measures in Sweden are only recommendations and not legally binding. 

"This is a tough autumn and it will probably become worse before this is over," state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell told a news conference.

"Last week, the number of new cases increased by 70% compared to the week before, one of the largest increases we've seen," Mr Tegnell said.

• Options
    Buying a ticket to the showing of Mank on Nov 20... wish me luck...

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I figure that by now, if someone knowingly exposes themselves and perhaps others in the process, it’s caveat emptor.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    hedonist said:
    I figure that by now, if someone knowingly exposes themselves and perhaps others in the process, it’s caveat emptor.

Right?

There's a reason I haven't sat down for a meal inside a restaurant in over 7 months.

• Options
    hedonist said:
    What is it to be figured out about this?

Maybe I have the wrong perception of the term.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    hedonist said:
    What is it to be figured out about this?

Maybe I have the wrong perception of the term.
    buyer beware. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    My tour buddy from my village is sick with covid and his  wife. I took a vitamin stash to him . 
    Its so close now it feels inevitable
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2020
    My tour buddy from my village is sick with covid and his  wife. I took a vitamin stash to him . 
    I feel the same way.  The first “round” of this I didn’t know anyone personally that had it.  Now, coworkers, friends, cousins...seems like everyone around is getting it and I’m just waiting in line.  Not quite as anxiety provoking as a Pearl Jam merch line, but close ;)
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I feel the same way.  The first “round” of this I didn’t know anyone personally that had it.  Now, coworkers, friends, cousins...seems like everyone around is getting it and I’m just waiting in line.  Not quite as anxiety provoking as a Pearl Jam merch line, but close ;)
    I hear that.
    Hey the most  scared  a pj fan can be is when you stood in line over night and its go time and you  get stopped.for a bag check and everyone walks past you to the spot ypu spent all night dreaming of on the rail. Thats anxiety. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    hedonist said:

Right?

There's a reason I haven't sat down for a meal inside a restaurant in over 7 months.

Killing me, as well.  No deli visits.  No sushi.  No "stop here on a whim" since we don't fucking go anywhere. 
    Have not even eaten food fully prepared by anyone in that time period.
    Brutal!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    I hear that.
    Hey the most  scared  a pj fan can be is when you stood in line over night and its go time and you  get stopped.for a bag check and everyone walks past you to the spot ypu spent all night dreaming of on the rail. Thats anxiety. 
    Truth!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    hedonist said:

Right?

Bingo 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Right?

Killing me, as well.  No deli visits.  No sushi.  No "stop here on a whim" since we don't fucking go anywhere. 
    Brutal!
    What’s wrong no take out we order pizza, Chinese & sushi at least once a month, I refuse to go into a restaurant though ..
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    hedonist said:

Right?

Brutal!
    Wife & I get takeout once or twice a week, and we went to a couple restaurants that offered outdoor seating, but I haven’t sat inside a restaurant since the pandemic started. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We order in a lot; same with groceries.

I’m comfortable with that, but eating in a restaurant? No bloody way. 

Plus, our local government officials had ever-so-wisely advised in-house diners to lower their masks “to take bites of food only.”

Fuck that :rofl:
  • Options
    I know two people at my work place who has had it now. Closing in.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,119
    PJPOWER said:

if trump wins it certainly seems like all Americans are getting covid.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Totally not true he said we’re rounding the corner with vaccine also right around the corner, so we should be ok as long as we are always rounding the corners!

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

Totally not true he said we’re rounding the corner with vaccine also right around the corner, so we should be ok as long as we are always rounding the corners!

Aren't any corners if you go around in a corona circle.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,548
    I guess closing in around here is 4 out of 33 the schools have cases or outbreaks. 

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

Aren't any corners if you go around in a corona circle.
    Tell that to Covidiot leader! 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,627
    hedonist said:

Right?

Brutal!
    What’s wrong no take out we order pizza, Chinese & sushi at least once a month, I refuse to go into a restaurant though ..
    Yeah I can dig that, just not how we are rolling.  The only takeout since March has been pizza delivery and that is half cooked and I put it in my oven for ten minutes.

I miss it but don't want to risk my wife's health until we know more.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I know two people at my work place who has had it now. Closing in.
    Feels inevitable  doesn't  it. 
    Fear beats me everytime
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    Justin Turner pulled from 8th inning tonight because a test came back positive mid game. I have a feeling you’re going to see a lot more Dodgers test positive in a few days, good thing for them it’s over.
This discussion has been closed.