The coronavirus

Comments

• Former President Obama saying Sweden has a "herd immunity strategy"...

... thought he was the president of presidents... 

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    to be fair, sweden did crap the bed by not mandating a shut down.
    Moot.
    no, not moot. sweden's initial strategy was a failure resulting in high level of cases, same as trump's. own it.
    Ofc it's moot. How is it connected to my post ?

Please connect the "to be fair"-part of your post to mine?

Unless you know... your post was... moot
    i am referring to this ENTIRE THREAD where you went on and on and on about how sweden had superior response. this has proven to not be the case.

i am just saying that when you come for obama, you had better have had a better response that sweden ended up having. you guys screwed it up too. at least i own the american failed response.
    When has I ever said Sweden had a superior response? 

Obama which I'm finding out "I came for", was factually wrong. I pointed it out. Your response to me was, and still is moot.

Take it easy.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Former President Obama saying Sweden has a "herd immunity strategy"...

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    alright. watched the entire thing. what is untrue about what he said? essentially a "do nothing" strategy, which is what sweden employed, is tantamount to a herd immunity strategy. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    alright. watched the entire thing. what is untrue about what he said? essentially a "do nothing" strategy, which is what sweden employed, is tantamount to a herd immunity strategy. 
    Not true.

And Sweden has been very clear about not having a herd immunity strategy, which has been asked about numerous times. 

Obama was saying things that was wrong. I just pointed it out. Sorry for it hitting a nerve...
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    sweden is better in every way, shape, and form. to say otherwise is to be a blasphemer. 

don't you know?
    i love sweden and i want to go there some day. but sweden mishandled covid just like everyone else. 

swedes should not be mad at americans for pointing it out. it is a human issue, and everyone failed at some point along the way. except for new zealand, they are now back to normal.
    oh, i agree. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Get ready for the Johan Giesecke is redeemed flashing gif. Or is it a meme?
    this is what i was talking about. it was spiking the football prematurely.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    Not true.

And Sweden has been very clear about not having a herd immunity strategy, which has been asked about numerous times. 

Obama was saying things that was wrong. I just pointed it out. Sorry for it hitting a nerve...
    why do you always come back with some variation of  "guess I hit a nerve". you didn't hit a nerve. we're having an online conversation. be an adult about it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    Moot.
    no, not moot. sweden's initial strategy was a failure resulting in high level of cases, same as trump's. own it.

i am referring to this ENTIRE THREAD where you went on and on and on about how sweden had superior response. this has proven to not be the case.

i am just saying that when you come for obama, you had better have had a better response that sweden ended up having. you guys screwed it up too. at least i own the american failed response.

Obama which I'm finding out "I came for", was factually wrong. I pointed it out. Your response to me was, and still is moot.

Take it easy.
    you have been implying it throughout the entirely of the thread. i am not going back through your hundreds of posts in the thread looking for examples.

you were butthurt by what obama said about your country's response. you guys failed too. own it.

or don't, i don't care.

if people cannot own their country's failures relating to this pandemic, then there can't be intellectually honest discussion.

well, i guess calling replies moot makes that impossible anyway, so carry on.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

edited October 2020

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    Moot.

Take it easy.
    you have been implying it throughout the entirely of the thread. i am not going back through your hundreds of posts in the thread looking for examples.
     Your choice. Then my question still stands -- When has I ever said Sweden had a superior response? 

you were butthurt by what obama said about your country's response. you guys failed too. own it.

Nope. I don't need to "own" anything that is moot to my post. A post which was simply that Obama (Which you seem to be butthurt over someone pointing out is wrong) is wrong. Which was surprising. Because he is spouting the same factual errors Trump has been.

if people cannot own their country's failures relating to this pandemic, then there can't be intellectually honest discussion.

Again, how is this relevant to what I posted about Obama? You are going in moot circles. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    It’s been your modus operandi the entire fucking thread. I just called you on it a page or 2 back after you brought up  the time before that weeks/ months before

Nobody is going to come out and say they’re going with the herd immunity plan because that’s not a plan, just a nicer term for thinning the herd. 
    edited October 2020
    DewieCox said:
    It’s been your modus operandi the entire fucking thread. I just called you on it a page or 2 back after you brought up  the time before that weeks/ months before
    Please. Show me an example then so I can respond to something concrete. Which I'm happy to do. Let that be your modus operandi. Backing your statements up. 

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

DewieCox said:
    Please. Show me an example then so I can respond to something concrete. Which I'm happy to do. Let that be your modus operandi. Backing your statements up. 

this is moot.

moving on.

edited October 2020
    DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:

this is moot.

moving on.
    Looks to me like you are showing your former posts had as much value to them, as something Trump says in a Fox and Friends interview
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    Moot.

Take it easy.
    You went and did it.  You came on the PJ message board and criticized the liberal wet dream POTUS...Obama is not any different than most POTUS (with the exception of Trump)...he is still a war mongerer...and a war criminal like most US Presidents...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited October 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Just curious, does anyone who has to wear a mask all day at work have sinus issues? A lot of my coworkers and myself are getting sinus infections and sinus headaches and just sinus problems. Some of them are saying its wearing a mask for 6+ hours a day, I'm not sold on that idea yet though. But there's definitely a lot of sinus issues going on here.
    I wear mine 8 hours a day. I have zero issues from the mask. Not heard any of my coworkers say they are having medical issues from it either. 200+ employees. 
    I'm in a school. Kids still don't wash hands. The jar of hand sanitizer I've had on the counter for students since the first day of school is still completely full. Kids still want to touch everything. There's been something going around, I figured it was still just germy kids not washing hands rather than the mask.
    Stand at the door and dish it out when kids head in, out, and before nutrition breaks.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited October 2020
    OnWis97 said:
    I wonder what this flu season's going to be like. I'd anticipate fewer cases than most years because of the social distancing (and the masks?).  But those who get it are going to be more nervous than in years past.

When I'm out and about (which essentially consists of grocery shoppoing and outdoor fitness), I rarely hear so much as a cough or sneeze...but I wonder with winter coming (record-breaking snow for this early in Minnesota yesteray!) if that's going to change (and how people will react to it.

The shit really hit the fan in early- to mid-March. Here in the north, that was pretty ideal timing. It wasn't long before we were able to get outside, seasonal illness wasn't prevalent, days were getting longer, and it was a positive time of year.  Winter's going to be a whole new ballgame here both physically and mentally/emotionally.
    Our health minister said Australians had a mild winter flu season because of their precautionary covid measures.
  • They say flu will be very low this  year  for example.  Flu survives outside a human host for only an hour or so. Covid 9 hours on skin alone. So our  messures against covid  way cover most flu situations hopefully  because if you  get both at once you can kiss your ass goodbye.
    On this  sweden stuff they clearly went  for herd immunity  and i think  uk tried and are still trying to get the young infected and over it although  dangerous  to asaume re infection wont be more severe second time, seems to be the case in some.
    Arguing over who has responded  worse is just pointless . Uk u.s  have large populations in confined areas in most cites and towns  outside swedens main big cities people  are spread out a lot. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    edited October 2020

Doesn't seem to keep up.
    Moot.

Take it easy.
    You went and did it.  You came on the PJ message board and criticized the liberal wet dream POTUS...Obama is not any different than most POTUS (with the exception of Trump)...he is still a war mongerer...and a war criminal like most US Presidents...

My mistake. I guess I should have known better.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Canadians are no longer welcome in Europe.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,694
    edited October 2020
    That should be great news. Its not so good here
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Those damned dirty Canadians ;)
  • Who would have ever seen this coming?

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Certainly didn't see Guam coming. Hopefully the island doesn't tip over.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Where i live its in the county of Hertfordshire.  But many of towns in that hve over 100 per 100.000 and still not in the higher  tier  of our fucking useless tier system. Most of the  north of England  is in lockdown  measures but not enough in my opinion  whilst schools and uni are open it cant slow
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Don’t worry folks there’s a cure Covidiot said so be here in weeks just in time for your turkey dinner with grandma & grandpa, so stop wearing those silly masks and be happy we’ve been saved! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Let’s learn to live with death! 
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Very educational video and interview with Dr. Fauci. Stay safe, all.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat’s re-opening plan.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    Kat said:
    Very educational video and interview with Dr. Fauci. Stay safe, all.

Such a brilliant man, the fact that the President demeans him publicly is such a sad reflection of the times we're living in.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    https://apple.news/Al4ooA_c7QzmMqbTaH07NPA
    We’re turning the corner around the bend & straight uphill with Covidiot leading the charge! 

This discussion has been closed.