Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    static111 said:
    I’m on a flight for work.  Have to use company approved travel.  United.  Completely packed plane and very lax mask enforcement. Unfortunately I need the money too badly to refuse the trip.  Good thing Trumps administration has handled the virus so well that things are back to normal in the friendly skies....
    Safe travels stay diligent! Fuck the no mask wearing idiots! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    This are the masks for the children by the state, for the first day on school..no words..

static111 said:
    I’m on a flight for work.  Have to use company approved travel.  United.  Completely packed plane and very lax mask enforcement. Unfortunately I need the money too badly to refuse the trip.  Good thing Trumps administration has handled the virus so well that things are back to normal in the friendly skies....
  • Options
    That’s absurd can’t you buy regular masks? 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    Sometimes I just want to move to a more intelligent country.  Well, strike that.  I'm looking for another planet.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    edited September 2020
    Child molesters love masks??? Who knew??
    When science stops supporting you, you switch to completely unfounded fear tactics. Seen one that they’ll eventually turn you Muslim along with an explanation of  the historical context of the those types of masks..my favorite, as it seems like the most desperate, “masks are just a test to see how much control we’ll let them have”
    Post edited by DewieCox on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    mace1229 said:
    Wearing a mask is Tyranny!

I get to why people don't like the government telling them what to do but dear lord people, the whole fucking world is going through the same thing.
    i wonder if these idiots walk into a 7/11 with no shirts and no shoes and demand service at gun point. 
    7/11 barefoot? That’s gross. Tim Horton’s maybe.
    When I lived in Florida,  that was known as Circle K feet
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    Unbelievable.  It’s over. Now just gotta get this job done and get home
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,869
    world's largest vaccine maker warns it could take until at least 2024 to vaccinate everyone. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/09/14/coronavirus-vaccine-availability-2024-jones-dnt-lead-vpx.cnn
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    You can but the point is, the state give you this free..ridiculous..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    You can but the point is, the state give you this free..ridiculous..
    The state=Greece?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    I don’t see the big deal with the free school masks. They were given out, but not required that you wear those. If they fit, awesome. If not, no big deal. Would you rather they give out no masks if they don’t fit every student? 
    If you need one in an emergency, tie a knot in the string and don’t stretch it out and it would probably work if you don’t pull it over your eyes. If you don’t like the free mask, get a different one.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    I don’t see the big deal with the free school masks. They were given out, but not required that you wear those. If they fit, awesome. If not, no big deal. Would you rather they give out no masks if they don’t fit every student? 
    If you need one in an emergency, tie a knot in the string and don’t stretch it out and it would probably work if you don’t pull it over your eyes. If you don’t like the free mask, get a different one.
    kind of stupid that the government would spend money on shit that has no use, though. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    edited September 2020
    mace1229 said:
    Obviously, if you are going to do something, do it right. This just reeks of lazy or lack of consideration. Why bother getting masks at all if they aren't going to work? And by free, you mean the students didn't directly pay, but if it's like here, you paid for that mask with your tax dollars. It's a huge waste.

Our school sent masks and hand sanitizer to all the kids. Nice gesture, but we all paid a "class supplies" fee. The masks fit great, but if they were like in the picture above, I'd be contacting the school admin because that is ridiculous.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Obviously, if you are going to do something, do it right. This just reeks of lazy or lack of consideration. Why bother getting masks at all if they aren't going to work? And by free, you mean the students didn't directly pay, but if it's like here, you paid for that mask with your tax dollars. It's a huge waste.

Our school sent masks and hand sanitizer to all the kids. Nice gesture, but we all paid a "class supplies" fee. The masks fit great, but if they were like in the picture above, I'd be contacting the school admin because that is ridiculous.
    Exactly who ever placed the order should of ordered correctly! 
  • Options
    I’m guessing the school either got a huge discount or They were donated or paid for by a grant, or even a combination. That’s what happens most of the time. Probably paid at cost for bulk package of masks that work with kids 5th grade and up, the age they are more concerned about anyway. Ordering smaller sizes would have probably increased the cost a lot and targeted the less vulnerable younger kids.
    Im just guessing, don’t even know where these came from. But I know my schools have done similar things.
  • Options
    23Scidoo shows as being in Greece, so I'm not sure that his use of 'state' meant one of our states, rather the general term of the gov't being the state.  
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,553
    mrussel1 said:
    23Scidoo shows as being in Greece, so I'm not sure that his use of 'state' meant one of our states, rather the general term of the gov't being the state.  
    Greece, sure..this costs 6.2 millions Euro..
    the company who product this, said they give them wrong measures from the beginning..
    we are talking for kids 5, 6, 7 years old..pretty sure they don't know how to use it right..so, maybe every family needs 2-3 masks every month..thats money and times are hard here..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    world's largest vaccine maker warns it could take until at least 2024 to vaccinate everyone. 

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/09/14/coronavirus-vaccine-availability-2024-jones-dnt-lead-vpx.cnn

Yeah, but factor in the anti-vaxers that refuse to take it and I anticipate 2023 for myself.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Greece, sure..this costs 6.2 millions Euro..
    the company who product this, said they give them wrong measures from the beginning..
    we are talking for kids 5, 6, 7 years old..pretty sure they don't know how to use it right..so, maybe every family needs 2-3 masks every month..thats money and times are hard here..
    That makes more sense why people would be upset, if they were targeted for 5-7 year olds and were supposed to be custom made and the school/state/whoever gave the wrong sizes.
  • Options
    https://apple.news/Au-jVKAKyQEyeiyg3SVQnrQ
    Not sure how they are going to get through this season!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited September 2020

nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Well , I definitely caught this thing. Been super careful from February. Followed all the precautions. Went for a test on Wednesday and I’m awaiting results. My employee called out Monday and just got his positive result back. There’s no way I don’t have it. We wear masks all day but it’s a 10 hour day so we do pull them down in between customers. Dry cough and low grade fever first 2 days , yesterday felt slightly worse and lost taste and smell. Woke up today feeling better but my chest is a little sore, could be from all the coughing and I still have no taste or smell. So far very mild but still scary. My wife will be next I’m sure. I’m slightly concerned about her. She’s in good health but does have asthma. The anxiety and fear of what’s to come next fucking blows. I spend my days so uncomfortable in a mask, yelling at customers without masks, constantly sanitizing my hands and my entire store. We took this very seriously and were only serving one customer at a time in February, while my mayor was still urging people to go see a movie. All it takes is one slight mistake I guess or a little bad luck. 
    Sorry to hear this. I imagine your wife has been tested too? 
    She went this morning. I guess im
    a baby because I thought the test was awful. She didn’t seem to think so lol. 
    No way. I'm terrified of that up-the-nose-and-to-the-back-of-your-head test. I remember having a similar test done as a child for one reason or another and it was just awful. And that didn't seem to even go back nearly as far as I assume this does. 
    I saw one done on my mom in the hospital (not for covid), and it is the only time in my entire life when I heard my mom literally scream from pain. Since then, I'm positively terrified of this test. I suspect that it just depends on the person who sticks the swab up, and whether or not they hit that pain receptor. The nurse who did it to my mom seemed surprised it was so painful, but my mom is the toughest lady ever, and has a super high pain threshold, so it was definitely the test and not her! Or maybe it has to do with sinus structure or something, I dunno. But mom is practically traumatized from it!

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Herd immunity apparently.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Herd immunity apparently.  
    Damn ughh what a nightmare! 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Yeah, but factor in the anti-vaxers that refuse to take it and I anticipate 2023 for myself.
    thank god for anti-vaxers! LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ughhh I don’t even want to update you guys on my working mans corona virus blues but I will because it’s fucked up.   So today as we start on the first day of our government contract with a department that rhymes with ****, as we are heading out to lunch the head of the site tells us, hey guys sorry to tell you but someone has tested positive for corona virus in the building, since you guys aren’t working in the building you can still come on site to work.  It takes 24-48 hrs to sterilize the building etc before the **** workers go back to work And they all have to get tested of course. Our lead calls our PM and PM says sounds like you guys are cleared to work.   Soooooo gonna be working at a contaminated site for a couple weeks because I’ve been out of work since Corona started and really need to get some income so my wife and I don’t kill our savings trying to stay afloat now that the emergency UE is out.....
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    ughhh I don’t even want to update you guys on my working mans corona virus blues but I will because it’s fucked up.   So today as we start on the first day of our government contract with a department that rhymes with ****, as we are heading out to lunch the head of the site tells us, hey guys sorry to tell you but someone has tested positive for corona virus in the building, since you guys aren’t working in the building you can still come on site to work.  It takes 24-48 hrs to sterilize the building etc before the **** workers go back to work And they all have to get tested of course. Our lead calls our PM and PM says sounds like you guys are cleared to work.   Soooooo gonna be working at a contaminated site for a couple weeks because I’ve been out of work since Corona started and really need to get some income so my wife and I don’t kill our savings trying to stay afloat now that the emergency UE is out.....
    jesus. and what department rhymes with 4 stars?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I didn’t want to give it away because I’m working on a natsec project so I self edited before I posted.   But let’s just say a clear malt liquor that was big in the 90s and you can hopefully take it from there
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    static111 said:
    I didn’t want to give it away because I’m working on a natsec project so I self edited before I posted.   But let’s just say a clear malt liquor that was big in the 90s and you can hopefully take it from there
    Haha, got it. OG White Claw.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    static111 said:
    Haha, got it. OG White Claw.
    Yep
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    Stay safe sir. Stay the hell away from human beings
This discussion has been closed.