Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    A teacher I know tested positive a week or so ago.  She has not had any severe symptoms as of yet.  The weird thing is that none of her other family members in the household have contracted it.  They are in the same rooms, breathing the same air, etc.  What gives?
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:
    A teacher I know tested positive a week or so ago.  She has not had any severe symptoms as of yet.  The weird thing is that none of her other family members in the household have contracted it.  They are in the same rooms, breathing the same air, etc.  What gives?
    up to 40% of people who contract it never have any symptoms. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited September 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    They have been getting tested every couple of days...all clear.  They are still are having to quarantine because of exposure, but so far no other family members have tested positive.  Asymptomatic carriers should still test positive, right?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    They have been getting tested every couple of days...all clear.  They are still are having to quarantine because of exposure, but so far no other family members have tested positive.
    weird. has the teacher been tested again? been hearing stuff about false positives. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,548
    Zod said:
    tish said:

We are creaping back up here, but it's still weird that we're at the bottom of that list.

I was talking to a friend about that.  I have a hard time believing it's because we did things fundamentally different then anywhere else.   We had some luck with the timing of our spring break, or health officials advising people not to travel etc... but still...

Maybe there's something here no one's thought about it?  Inoculations we get as kids, something in the air/food, ?

Still it could all be moot.  Our numbers have been climbing...

Could have something to do with this, along with our lowest testing rates.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    They have been getting tested every couple of days...all clear.  They are still are having to quarantine because of exposure, but so far no other family members have tested positive.
    weird. has the teacher been tested again? been hearing stuff about false positives. 
    I’m not sure about a second time.  I was wondering if it may have been a false positive as well.  Regardless, she is having to be out of class for a couple weeks.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not sure about a second time.  I was wondering if it may have been a false positive as well.  Regardless, she is having to be out of class for a couple weeks.
    My son got it at school and had symptoms.  All six of his suit mates got it but two never showed symptoms.  They did test positive.  It could be a false positive, but considering the close proximity, that seems less likely than asymptomatic.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    My son got it at school and had symptoms.  All six of his suit mates got it but two never showed symptoms.  They did test positive.  It could be a false positive, but considering the close proximity, that seems less likely than asymptomatic.  
    Who knows, just weird that no other family members have tested positive being that they have been in close proximity.  I’m thinking false positive.
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I got tested on Tuesday got my negative result today, I’m having a procedure tomorrow and needed to be tested!
    good luck with your procedure old man.  ;)
    Thanks 🙏 
    is it to remove a cannabis plant from your ear?
    Colonoscopy and they removed polyps from my Colon that have to diagnosed to see If they cancerous, I have to wait for a month to find out diagnosis so not to happy anymore! Plus I have to do another colonoscopy in 6 months all fun here! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    https://apple.news/AYOZiLP59S8KJfV4kwbex2A
    This Covidiot not once mentions that folks should wear masks, I have no pity for fools like him!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I got tested on Tuesday got my negative result today, I’m having a procedure tomorrow and needed to be tested!
    Thanks 🙏 
    Colonoscopy and they removed polyps from my Colon that have to diagnosed to see If they cancerous, I have to wait for a month to find out diagnosis so not to happy anymore! Plus I have to do another colonoscopy in 6 months all fun here! 
    a coworker of mine gets this done i think every two years. it's routine for him (colon cancer in his family). 

good luck jose! 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks 🙏 
    a coworker of mine gets this done i think every two years. it's routine for him (colon cancer in his family). 

good luck jose! 
    Yeah no Colon cancer in my family but I’m still in a fog and anxious I wish I just knew either way to have to wait for a month is brutal! 

• Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks 🙏 

good luck jose! 
    Yeah no Colon cancer in my family but I’m still in a fog and anxious I wish I just knew either way to have to wait for a month is brutal! 

Thoughts and prayers Jose.  And I mean that in the real way, not in the "sorry your school was shot up, sucks to be you" way.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks 🙏 

good luck jose! 

Thoughts and prayers Jose.  And I mean that in the real way, not in the "sorry your school was shot up, sucks to be you" way.  
    Thanks! And sorry to have brought this up in this thread let’s get it back to C19>>>>

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks 🙏 

good luck jose! 

Thanks! And sorry to have brought this up in this thread let’s get it back to C19>>>>

One more well-wisher, jose!
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thanks 🙏 

good luck jose! 

One more well-wisher, jose!
    Gracias querida!
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    This Covidiot not once mentions that folks should wear masks, I have no pity for fools like him!
    So my work crew is getting tests that the company is paying for because of our potential close contact early in the week.   One of the guys is a trump supporter and actually tells me that wearing a mask is worse for me than not wearing one....it’s terrible.  Going in 45 minutes and supposed to be a 2 day turnaround.   I feel fine and am not worried.    I can’t believe that the first time I leave the apartment in months to go to work that within a week I have been in such events that have put me at risk off having to get a test.  But sure we are already to open up and people that are getting unemployment are lazy etc....oh and trump guy at work says”it’lol all go away after the election”. Guy is an electrical engineer which I guess also makes him an epidemiologist and doctor....
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    edited September 2020
    Haven’t you heard masks cause Legionnaire’s and assault your naturally built immunity.
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,891
    DewieCox said:
    Haven’t you heard masks cause Legionnaire’s and assault your naturally built immunity.
    My favorite was that wearing masks makes you breath in your own carbon monoxide. Uh. I think if humans breathed out carbon monoxide, we would all be dead anyway.
  • Options
    static111 said:
    So my work crew is getting tests that the company is paying for because of our potential close contact early in the week.   One of the guys is a trump supporter and actually tells me that wearing a mask is worse for me than not wearing one....it’s terrible.  Going in 45 minutes and supposed to be a 2 day turnaround.   I feel fine and am not worried.    I can’t believe that the first time I leave the apartment in months to go to work that within a week I have been in such events that have put me at risk off having to get a test.  But sure we are already to open up and people that are getting unemployment are lazy etc....oh and trump guy at work says”it’lol all go away after the election”. Guy is an electrical engineer which I guess also makes him an epidemiologist and doctor....
    Ask him why he thinks that surgeons wear masks in the OR if they are more dangerous.  There literally is no response that is even close to lucid for that one. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    Ask him why he thinks that surgeons wear masks in the OR if they are more dangerous.  There literally is no response that is even close to lucid for that one. 
    In a few minutes I will make a post of all the crazy shit I heard today and your head will spin
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    static111 said:
    In a few minutes I will make a post of all the crazy shit I heard today and your head will spin
    dammit. and i'm all outta whiskey. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    GlowGirl said:
    DewieCox said:
    My favorite was that wearing masks makes you breath in your own carbon monoxide. Uh. I think if humans breathed out carbon monoxide, we would all be dead anyway.
    Well, technically we breathe out both carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide, but not a significant enough amount of carbon monoxide to kill you...:)
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,204
    Now I don't wish anyone gets this, especially bad enough to get put into ICU but hard not chuckle at how karma works sometimes.
  • Options
    Ok it’s not that bad.  I mean it’s typical talking points.   The virus was made in a lab.  The fear and paranoia are just to ruin the greatest economy to weaken trump.  Masks don’t help because the virus can be vaporized and is .02 micrograms or something.   The whole world is in on it to make Donald trump look bad because he is the greatest most successful business man and that scares people.   The reason we have protests and rioting is because it’s what Obama taught us....keep in mind that the guy is Hispanic and these next words are his and it was what made my head spin the most..”the reason that red states have less cases has nothing to do with population density, it’s because there are less Hispanics and more white people.  We(Hispanics) are gonna keep barbequeuing and drinking out of our cousins cups and not wear masks.  White people still tailgate but they aren’t sharing beer”. That one made my head spin...also I heard several times we have more cases because we test more. People that have bought into this stuff are a cult.   This is a very smart dude. He has been involved with engineering some high level stuff that we are out here doing maintenance on. Someone that should by all accounts be intelligent enough to see through some snake oil salesman bullshit.  But here we are just got back from a corona virus test for a hoax virus that is part of a global conspiracy to make the greatest businessman presidents best of all time economy look bad because they couldn’t nail him on anything else....
    Scio me nihil scire

• Options
    static111 said:
    Ok it’s not that bad.  I mean it’s typical talking points.   The virus was made in a lab.  The fear and paranoia are just to ruin the greatest economy to weaken trump.  Masks don’t help because the virus can be vaporized and is .02 micrograms or something.   The whole world is in on it to make Donald trump look bad because he is the greatest most successful business man and that scares people.   The reason we have protests and rioting is because it’s what Obama taught us....keep in mind that the guy is Hispanic and these next words are his and it was what made my head spin the most..”the reason that red states have less cases has nothing to do with population density, it’s because there are less Hispanics and more white people.  We(Hispanics) are gonna keep barbequeuing and drinking out of our cousins cups and not wear masks.  White people still tailgate but they aren’t sharing beer”. That one made my head spin...also I heard several times we have more cases because we test more. People that have bought into this stuff are a cult.   This is a very smart dude. He has been involved with engineering some high level stuff that we are out here doing maintenance on. Someone that should by all accounts be intelligent enough to see through some snake oil salesman bullshit.  But here we are just got back from a corona virus test for a hoax virus that is part of a global conspiracy to make the greatest businessman presidents best of all time economy look bad because they couldn’t nail him on anything else....
    humans are funny beings. no matter how intelligent, sometimes our unwillingness to waiver from our biases causes our brains to not take in real proven information if it goes against those biases, and we'll believe in more insane things just so the world we've built in our own minds doesn't come crumbling down around us. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    That’s true and well said @HughFreakingDillon but also, some people are fucking stupid. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    That’s true and well said @HughFreakingDillon but also, some people are fucking stupid
    :lol: Amen. 
This discussion has been closed.