The coronavirus

Comments

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,833
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

US lockdown protests may have spread virus widely, cellphone data suggests

Cellphone location data suggests that demonstrators at anti-lockdown protests – some of which have been connected with Covid-19 cases – are often traveling hundreds of miles to events, returning to all parts of their states, and even crossing into neighboring ones.

stupid is as stupid does.

i think these people should be held criminally liable.
    Yeah. One of them pissed on a neighbor on mine's lawn on Saturday.

Look, I try not to be judgmental. I've pissed on many a lawn, sidewalk, street, alleyway, subway track, whathaveyou after the bars closed back in the day, and I know that was wrong. It seems even more wrong to do so these days, however, especially in broad daylight. All the guy got was a citation, too. I think it should get a heftier punishment these days.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    edited May 2020
    PJNB said:
    I guess I am that different kind of sheep .....
    I think this sums it up nicely. So many people I know think they are so special and smarter than the rest of us because they do not follow "fake news" or believe in the Covid 19 hype. 
    fake news god please come to this hospital where I work everyday let me show you the fake C19 patients floor and the freezer trucks parked outside to store the corpses , so go ahead get outside go and party at your nearest bar high five people that are like you non-believers ! Like I’ve said I’m glad that I can safely say I’d never hang out with Covidiots at all...ok I was trying to quote Lindamarie not you 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    Covidiots are everywhere including Dana Point the home of the Ohana Fest....

Haha....near the end she says "Your infringing on my rites".  Exactly what rites is the store's policy infringing on Karen? 

BTW-I am pretty sure she also wore her seat belt as she drove to the store today, which is of course a government mandated (law) public safety requirement.     Don't Tread on Karen!
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,054
    dankind said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Cellphone location data suggests that demonstrators at anti-lockdown protests – some of which have been connected with Covid-19 cases – are often traveling hundreds of miles to events, returning to all parts of their states, and even crossing into neighboring ones.

stupid is as stupid does.

i think these people should be held criminally liable.
    Yeah. One of them pissed on a neighbor on mine's lawn on Saturday.

Look, I try not to be judgmental. I've pissed on many a lawn, sidewalk, street, alleyway, subway track, whathaveyou after the bars closed back in the day, and I know that was wrong. It seems even more wrong to do so these days, however, especially in broad daylight. All the guy got was a citation, too. I think it should get a heftier punishment these days.
    I have NEVER

Oh wait....yeah, countless times, late night.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,589
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Nothing has happened yet, though. And that's a terrible headline because there's nothing in the article to suggest that there was any spread. They're just saying people traveled to/from long distances in some cases. This will be an interesting thing to look at in a month or two when you can actually trace whether an outbreak occurred from this or nothing happened at all.

But look at the photo.  These people are engaged in foolish and dangerous behavior.  I'm not opposed to protesting- at least not to peaceful protesting- but I am opposed to behavior that is foolish, potentially dangerous, and stupid.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Nothing has happened yet, though. And that's a terrible headline because there's nothing in the article to suggest that there was any spread. They're just saying people traveled to/from long distances in some cases. This will be an interesting thing to look at in a month or two when you can actually trace whether an outbreak occurred from this or nothing happened at all.

But look at the photo.  These people are engaged in foolish and dangerous behavior.  I'm not opposed to protesting- at least not to peaceful protesting- but I am opposed to behavior that is foolish, potentially dangerous, and stupid.
    not to mention being abusive to people that are there to do their job within company policies.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

I guess? I don't understand why they would allow protesters to congregate indoors right now, but maybe that's a separate issue. The outdoor protests don't strike me as particularly dangerous, putting aside how one feels about their message. I feel like I see a half dozen pictures each day that could make someone mad for the same reasons. Wisconsin bars, intersections in Manhattan, etc. Unless it's in my neck of the woods, my feeling is hang back and see if we can learn something from it. Since we don't have any control over it. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    edited May 2020
    And again that headline sucks. That cell phone data does not tell you anything about the spread of the virus in this case.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,015
    UtahBolt said:

Haha....near the end she says "Your infringing on my rites".  Exactly what rites is the store's policy infringing on Karen? 

BTW-I am pretty sure she also wore her seat belt as she drove to the store today, which is of course a government mandated (law) public safety requirement.     Don't Tread on Karen!
    That term "infringe on my rights" is a rally cry for the nonbelievers that want everything opened back up.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,054
    That lady is a moron.
    Infringing on her rights!  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    edited May 2020
    A sign of our times. I hope they're all still safe...but they need those masks to be safer.

Post edited by Kat on
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,660
    That lady is a moron.
    Infringing on her rights!  :lol:
    Keep in mind she is a flat-earther.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,416
    UtahBolt said:

and i'd be willing to bet a lot of these people who refuse to wear masks and get upset when they are refused service think it's fine for businesses to deny service to LGBQT patrons.  to use a Bill Maher bit - i don't know it for a fact, i just know it's true.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER Posts: 6,499
    edited May 2020
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Burning dumpsters, destroying property, and blocking highways fit that category as well.  These types of idiots have been semi-functioning in society for a while, so it doesn’t surprise me to see them come out of their holes whenever they can get some attention.  They they keep getting enabled (or at least ignored) by anyone that it benefits politically.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
    PJPOWER said:
    brianlux said:
    pjl44 said:
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Burning dumpsters, destroying property, and blocking highways fit that category as well.  These types of idiots have been semi-functioning in society for a while, so it doesn’t surprise me to see them come out of their holes whenever they can get some attention.  They they keep getting enabled (or at least ignored) by anyone that it benefits politically.

Good point- getting attention is one of their main motivations.  So much of their motivation seems to be attention getting and wanting their "team" to win- both being more important to them than being safe and keeping others safe.  They're getting good at the narcissistic behavior they learn from their "leader".

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

I actually took the course for contact tracing that is free and being offered by Johns Hopkins on coursera. It took me four days and a lot of it is straightforward stuff especially if you've been following the causes etc of this
    Smart man 
    pjhawks said:
    UtahBolt said:

and i'd be willing to bet a lot of these people who refuse to wear masks and get upset when they are refused service think it's fine for businesses to deny service to LGBQT patrons.  to use a Bill Maher bit - i don't know it for a fact, i just know it's true.

Those are the people who are screaming "my body my choice" when it comes to wearing masks.
    But are forced birthers (pro-life)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,314
    Wtf? Seriously? Does he have COVID? Malaria? Does he think it's a vaccine?

mrussel1 said:
    Wtf? Seriously? Does he have COVID? Malaria? Does he think it's a vaccine?

He’s totally lying he’s not taking anything! What a joke he is totally insane
    The Baffoon is taking Hydrox as if it’s a product like Airborne I bet that’s what he will say when asked about it 

Now here's something REALLY worth getting upset about:

California salons file lawsuit over Gov. Gavin Newsom's restrictions

A federal lawsuit was filed Tuesday in Los Angeles against California Gov. Gavin Newsom on behalf of hair stylists and salon owners across the state.

The beauty industry professionals are suing Gov. Newsom, state Attorney General Xaiver Becerra and others, for classifying the industry as “non-essential” and keeping the businesses from reopening until phase three of the state’s plan. 

This is pretty hard to disagree with, right?  I mean really, since when isn't getting your nails done essential?  We're allowed to buy food, go to the pharmacy or the hospital, but NOT allowed to have our nails done and hair styled?  That Nasty Newsom dude needs a lesson to be taught! 

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138

Jason P said:

:lol:  I gotta show that one to Annie the cat! 

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    JimmyV said:
    Do we really need to call it anything other than Corona or COVID? 
    COVID-19 is the disease. When people say coronavirus we understand they're referring to the pandemic, but the term coronavirus more broadly refers to a type or group of viruses. This specific virus has been named SARS-CoV-2, which isn't going to make it into the everyday lexicon. The 1918 pandemic came to be known as the Spanish Flu, which doesn't seem to be racist. 
    Spanish Fly is still good for you, right?
    Jason P said:
    Spanish Fly is still good for you, right?
    Yes in conjunction with poppers
    Getting my nails done is up there on my 'to do' list next to getting my pilot's license.  It may happen, but not in the foreseeable future.
    SHZA said:
    JimmyV said:
    Do we really need to call it anything other than Corona or COVID? 
    COVID-19 is the disease. When people say coronavirus we understand they're referring to the pandemic, but the term coronavirus more broadly refers to a type or group of viruses. This specific virus has been named SARS-CoV-2, which isn't going to make it into the everyday lexicon. The 1918 pandemic came to be known as the Spanish Flu, which doesn't seem to be racist. 
    but spanish flu originated in america. i think we called it spanish flu to stigmatize a different country.

This discussion has been closed.