The coronavirus

Comments

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,211
    By golly it’s got to be challenging to be liberal leaning during these trying times.  I have been Calling it the Wuhan Virus since the beginning of this Pandemic for the reasons a few of you mentioned above that has nothing to do w/ being a Racist.  It has everything to do w/ being a REALIST which the PC police love to scream Racist every chance they get.  
    I wonder what kind of a Bumpy Ride the PC police give you? 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,660
    Covidiots are everywhere including Dana Point the home of the Ohana Fest....

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,653

"would you tell me that condition maam?"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    PJNB said:
    By golly it’s got to be challenging to be liberal leaning during these trying times.  I have been Calling it the Wuhan Virus since the beginning of this Pandemic for the reasons a few of you mentioned above that has nothing to do w/ being a Racist.  It has everything to do w/ being a REALIST which the PC police love to scream Racist every chance they get.  
    Are you denying people are using it in a racist manner? 

i have never seen it not used in a racist manner. 

i have only seen it used by trump supporters, and we all are very clear on their idealogy.
    I don’t think this is entirely true at all. I think it a large % if trump supporters, but I think there are plenty of other that say it and have no racism involved. And unless you didn’t hear Bill Maher’s show, you aren’t being truthful
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    A Canadian Forces Snowbird Plane (Canada’s air demonstration team) crashed killing 1.  The pilot survived.  The team was on a national tour to honour front line healthcare workers...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,063
    edited May 2020
    But the general term used the world over is "covid19", but you just have to use another name for it...

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lindamarie73lindamarie73 Posts: 386
    I guess I am that different kind of sheep .....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    That’s the sheep the looks up and listens for for the call to help lead the other sheep.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,015

This is going to be a big thing and I hear the same thing from these people and it's "you'll have a lawsuit".

I am actually surprised that there hasn't been a lawsuit yet.

This is going to be a big thing and I hear the same thing from these people and it's "you'll have a lawsuit".

Have there been any lawsuits for no shirt, no shoes, no service?  Seriously, I don't know but it would be very similar I would think.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,653

Have there been any lawsuits for no shirt, no shoes, no service?  Seriously, I don't know but it would be very similar I would think.
    we reserve the right to refuse service.......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,015
    mickeyrat said:

we reserve the right to refuse service.......
    You have to use that line very carefully though.  You can't discriminate and use that term.
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,035

a lawsuit would get laughed out of court. this woman is clearly lying about her "health condition". She even name checked HIPAA, which has absolutely nothing to so with this situation.

global pandemic, stay at home order, social distancing safety orders in place to protect everyone, and this woman wants to go buy some underwear or something. the stupid burns.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    PJNB said:

i have only seen it used by trump supporters, and we all are very clear on their idealogy.
    I don’t think this is entirely true at all. I think it a large % if trump supporters, but I think there are plenty of other that say it and have no racism involved. And unless you didn’t hear Bill Maher’s show, you aren’t being truthful
    i saw the bill maher clip. and yes, him "telling like it is" came off as utterly racist. he sounded like trump.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    I think this sums it up nicely. So many people I know think they are so special and smarter than the rest of us because they do not follow "fake news" or believe in the Covid 19 hype. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    These are the people in front, behind and next to you when you vote in a Republican primary.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    troglodytes.

PJNB said:

i saw the bill maher clip. and yes, him "telling like it is" came off as utterly racist. he sounded like trump.
    Interesting. I always call it coronavirus or covid-19, but I see nothing wrong with it being called Wuhan virus.  I see that people may choose to use that in a racist manner, but it’s just a description of where it came from.

I certainly didn’t think Bill Maher (whom I dislike much of the time) was being or is racist 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    pjl44 said:
    "If those trials go well, a vaccine could become available for widespread use by the end of this year or early 2021, Dr. Tal Zaks, Moderna’s chief medical officer, said in an interview. How many doses might be ready is not clear, but Dr. Zaks said, “We’re doing our best to make it as many millions as possible.”

That would be incredible if true by the end of this year. We need some good news finally from this virus. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    PJNB said:

Interesting. I always call it coronavirus or covid-19, but I see nothing wrong with it being called Wuhan virus.  I see that people may choose to use that in a racist manner, but it’s just a description of where it came from.

I certainly didn’t think Bill Maher (whom I dislike much of the time) was being or is racist 

I have nothing beyond my gut for this...but Wuhan doesn't bother me, for the most part (kind of because I heard "Coronavirus" for weeks/months before "Wuhan."). However, "China/Chinese" virus really does because it seems like an attempt to (at best) deflect the spotlight from our own (i.e., Trump's) missteps or (at worst) vilify Chinese people, leading toward crimes against SE Asians. "Wuhan" doesn't seem to bring that out of people like "China" does.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Do we really need to call it anything other than Corona or COVID? 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    JimmyV said:
    yes. to own the libs.

JimmyV said:
    yes. to own the libs.
    and to be one of those rugged individualists who then gets butthurt when the rest of polite society criticizes them for being dicks.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,063
    Former state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke, 70, defies the Public Health Authority's advice and meets his grandchildren.
    Anders Tegnell addressed his mentor's play at today's press conference.
    - You can discuss with Johan if he believes that is to be taking responsibility, he says.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,589

Way to go, dipshits.

US lockdown protests may have spread virus widely, cellphone data suggests

Cellphone location data suggests that demonstrators at anti-lockdown protests – some of which have been connected with Covid-19 cases – are often traveling hundreds of miles to events, returning to all parts of their states, and even crossing into neighboring ones.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Cellphone location data suggests that demonstrators at anti-lockdown protests – some of which have been connected with Covid-19 cases – are often traveling hundreds of miles to events, returning to all parts of their states, and even crossing into neighboring ones.

stupid is as stupid does.

i think these people should be held criminally liable.

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,217
    I actually took the course for contact tracing that is free and being offered by Johns Hopkins on coursera. It took me four days and a lot of it is straightforward stuff especially if you've been following the causes etc of this
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    brianlux said:

Way to go, dipshits.

Nothing has happened yet, though. And that's a terrible headline because there's nothing in the article to suggest that there was any spread. They're just saying people traveled to/from long distances in some cases. This will be an interesting thing to look at in a month or two when you can actually trace whether an outbreak occurred from this or nothing happened at all.
This discussion has been closed.