The coronavirus

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    JPPJ84 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I've met @JPPJ84 @lastexitlondon @23scidoo IRL, Ive been to 25 shows or whatever and been on here since 2005.

I am not a russian bot for having opinions. 

fuck it, Im logging off. This is disparaging.

Wash your hands.

If you're not a Russian bot, what does that make you then? 

...if only there was a term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders....
    Cause it’s only Russian bots that fit that description? Have you taken a look around your country during the last four years? 
    No. Yes.
  • RenfieldRenfield Posts: 1,054
    edited April 2020
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter, I know why I usually keep away from AMT...
    “I know why I usually keep away from AMT...“

...Shark infested waters
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Stay At Home order extended from 5/4 to 5/18 in Massachusetts.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,119
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter, I know why I usually keep away from AMT...

...Shark infested waters
    AMT is best in small doses. Self imposed breaks from it are highly recommended.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,312
    JPPJ84 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    CM189191 said:
    I've met @JPPJ84 @lastexitlondon @23scidoo IRL, Ive been to 25 shows or whatever and been on here since 2005.

Wash your hands.

...if only there was a term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause's goals, and who is cynically used by the cause's leaders....
    Cause it’s only Russian bots that fit that description? Have you taken a look around your country during the last four years? 
    Isn't your city spelled Hamberg?  I think you misspelled it. 
    I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter, I know why I usually keep away from AMT ;)
    Trump consistently spells "hamberger". He was ripped so hard Sunday that he deleted the tweet
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,970
    edited April 2020
    Mike Pence, leading by example by not wearing a mask at a Mayo Clinic (despite a rule; they shouldn't have let him in without one).

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1255193968809250823

Seriously.  Why?  My best guess is that Administration people are not supposed to wear them because of political points.  What a jackass.

Post edited by OnWis97 on
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    mrussel1 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    CM189191 said:

Wash your hands.

Isn't your city spelled Hamberg?  I think you misspelled it. 
    I don’t get it. Doesn’t matter, I know why I usually keep away from AMT ;)
    Trump consistently spells "hamberger". He was ripped so hard Sunday that he deleted the tweet
    Haha, got it
    OnWis97 said:
    Mike Pence, leading by example by not wearing a mask at a Mayo Clinic (despite a rule; they shouldn't have let him in without one).

Seriously.  Why?  My best guess is that Administration people are not supposed to wear them because of political points.  What a jackass.

It’s a disgrace that he did that and it’s terrible the hospital allowed him to do so. Then again, our whole administration is a disgrace. 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,587
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Sadly, there are some here who must think AMT stands for Always Make Trouble or Attack More Times or something like that.  Not what we need these days, that's for sure.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters
    Isn’t that true ;)
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Sadly, there are some here who must think AMT stands for Always Make Trouble or Attack More Times or something like that.  Not what we need these days, that's for sure.
    Hi Brian!  It’s not just the attacks, it’s the keep pushing buttons, being antagonistic remarks that are annoying AF. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    OnWis97 said:

Goddamnitsomuch! Who let that asshole Pence into MN?  I hope someone at Mayo tells him to fuck back off to where he came from.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Bunch of guppies lol

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • how irresponsible for the vp to go into a medical facility in the middle of a pandemic with no facemask.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    After several days with no new cases, New Brunswick begins the process of opening up social visits by allowing two “bubbles” to connect - ie, two households that can socialize but only with each other 

https://apple.news/A3uhNTGo2QbqFMJqUXuMV5g
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,889
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Hi Brian!  It’s not just the attacks, it’s the keep pushing buttons, being antagonistic remarks that are annoying AF. 
    Antagonize, Mock, Torment
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Hi there!

Yeah, for sure.  And right now what we need is more compassion, encouragement and empathy.  Hopefully we will see more of that and less petty bickering. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,062
    edited April 2020

Johan Giesecke on british expert: He's arrogant

Neil Ferguson works at Imperial College London and it was his report that showed 250,000 Britons would die if Britain did not take more powerful measures against the corona virus, resulting in the "lockdown strategy" that the UK is still living.
    Former state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke, however, thinks the report exaggerates the dangerousness of the virus, and it was when Neil Ferguson on the British TV site Unherd, which broadcasts news related to the pandemic, got a chance to respond to the criticism that he came up with the baffling prophecy that the number deaths in Sweden will soon begin to rise sharply. During the interview, Neil Ferguson was also pushed to the conclusions of his own report, which had such a huge impact on the lives of millions of Britons.
    - I know him a little and he is normally quite arrogant, but I have never seen him as tense and nervous as during that interview, says Johan Giesecke.
    However, Johan Giesecke maintains his criticism of the report, that it overestimates the danger of the virus and that the UK's reaction is exaggerated.

- Ferguson has now modified some of his pretty straightforward statements, but still seems to think that mortality is somewhere at just under one percent, while I think it is actually significantly lower, perhaps as small as 0.1 percent, says Johan Giesecke.

TT: Will the number of deaths in Sweden rise sharply?

- No, on the contrary, I think the number will go down, although it may go up slightly, when we get a peak in the Västra Götaland region and Skåne.

In addition, he says, health care works on the whole as it should. The goal, to keep the spread of the infection so that the health care can power through it, seems to have succeeded, he says.

- Ecmo (a form of highly specialized intensive care) is full, but otherwise health care and intensive care work. We have problems in the elderly care, but what we are learning now is that almost no other country has succeeded in stopping the spread of infection to the nursing homes, says Johan Giesecke.

England, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland, Spain, France and Italy. In all these countries there is also a more or less large spread of infection in the elderly care. Norway is an exception, but they have smaller units withins their elderly care, according to Giesecke.

TT: Why are elderly people this affected?

- A single mistake is enough for the infection to enter an old age home. It says something about how contagious this disease is. The vast majority will suffer from it, but 99 percent only get mild symptoms. However, if you are old, it can be dangerous.

TT: But New Zealand has managed to stop the infection completely, right?

- Yes, it seems so. But what should they do now? To keep the country virus free, they must keep their borders closed. Everyone traveling there must be quarantined for 14 days before being admitted into the country, and unless a good vaccin pops up, they will have to keep their quarantine for a long time. A very long time. 

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 13,469
    I think  you are a decent guy for what  its worth. S.C
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    After several days with no new cases, New Brunswick begins the process of opening up social visits by allowing two “bubbles” to connect - ie, two households that can socialize but only with each other 

https://apple.news/A3uhNTGo2QbqFMJqUXuMV5g

Ya thankful for the ease of restrictions but how do you choose? My mom? Her mom? My sisters? Her sisters? People are breaking this rule left and right. I am hoping my wife's physio clinic can open back up in late May but the criteria for phase 3 to happen is less than 3 community spread cases that are separate. That will be near impossible to reach. 
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Hi there!

Yeah, for sure.  And right now what we need is more compassion, encouragement and empathy.  Hopefully we will see more of that and less petty bickering. 
    :rofl:

*ahem*

I mean, yes, I hope so too. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    OnWis97 said:

If I’m that patient I’m kicking him out of my vicinity would not even think twice about I’d embarrass him what an embarrassment, he just gave the ok to all the hoax believers that it’s fine too not wear a mask! And Mayo Clinic looks really bad letting this happen..

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    OnWis97 said:

If I’m that patient I’m kicking him out of my vicinity would not even think twice about I’d embarrass him what an embarrassment, he just gave the ok to all the hoax believers that it’s fine too not wear a mask! And Mayo Clinic looks really bad letting this happen..

Agreed. And Pence shouldn’t have put them in that position to begin with.

Just wear the fucking mask, ya tool!
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I like the bubble idea.
    We are going back to work next week and we will be bubbled with my wife's sister's family.  She's the primary worker needed at the practice, and the kids aren't back in school yet so I'll be babysitting mine and hers and our families will be in it together.  
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    dankind said:
    We were always going to be the leader in cases unless we locked down all domestic and international travel back in January. Even then, we would have slowly taken the lead. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

I just zoomed in on the picture and the man on stretcher has what looks like a hospital I’d badge it looks familiar to what I wear at work on a clip, could this just be a photo op with fake patient? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    I'm really starting to think that with the amount of interstate travel in the U.S., coupled with the very different approaches being taken from state to state, we're in for a very long ride that we don't want to be on. 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    hedonist said:
    OnWis97 said:

I just zoomed in on the picture and the man on stretcher has what looks like a hospital I’d badge it looks familiar to what I wear at work on a clip, could this just be a photo op with fake patient? 
    Probably just showing Pence an example of what they are doing.  Who knows.  I wouldn’t think they would let Pence around a sick person.
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    brianlux said:
    Renfield said:
    JPPJ84 said:

...Shark infested waters

Hi there!

:rofl:

*ahem*

I mean, yes, I hope so too. 

Hey, if I got you or anyone to laugh, I've done something worthy today.  Laughter is good medicine!  (Especially those THC induced fits of laughter!!  :smiley: )

This discussion has been closed.