The coronavirus

Comments

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,135
    https://twitter.com/karainfla/status/1252941719626186752?s=21
    So how would a haircut get done? I guess the hairdresser could use a hedge trimmers they come in 4’ blades ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    bbiggs said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vox was still pushing this horseshit last night. They doubled down and made the tweet even worse than the headline.

The injustice, I weep for Hannity.
    It's not even about Hannity. You read the headline then read the story and it's journalism that we should be weeping for. 
    If you complain here about journalism nowadays, then you’re automatically a trump supporter. There are news outlets just as bad as Fox News, but for the other side. It’s just not brought up here. 
    Totally. Did you see the CNN video of Chris Cuomo emerging from quarantine? Even though he had been out in the Hamptons (while infectious) and got into an argument with a cyclist? It's hard to avoid nihilism at this point. 
    You mean the one where he came up the stairs like he was Rocky Balboa after a fight? 

Ha ha. Yeah, someone needs to dub that music over it if they haven't already. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,061
    edited April 2020
    23scidoo said:

Former state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke again praises the Swedish Corona line.
    In an interview with German Bild, he says that "the difference is that Germany is destroying its economy right now."

Johan Giesecke, former state epidemiologist and current WHO adviser, participated in a large interview this weekend with British UnHerd.
    He highlighted the Swedish path as more science-based, and that Britain did the same - before Prime Minister Boris Johnson made "a 180-degree turn".

Now the former state epidemiologist is being interviewed by the German tabloid Bild. He says there is no scientific evidence that "lockdowns" have an actual effect.
    - People are not stupid, Johan Giesecke tells the magazine.
    - The difference is that Germany is destroying its economy right now.

Giesecke says that there have been exaggerated forecasts of death rates and places of care, and that most EU countries have adequate healthcare capacity.

- Our healthcare system has not collapsed and will not collapse, says Giesecke.

Instead, the former state epidemiologist believes that death rates between different countries can only be compared in a couple of years, and that deaths will increase in countries that have had severe restrictions and in different ways open up.

- The only difference with Sweden is that the deaths in these countries will occur later, after they have eased their measures.

In the interview with British UnHerd, Giesecke resembled the corona eruption with a tsunami that swept across Europe, and that countries will need to test different paths when it comes time to ease restrictions. If an eased action leads to more deaths, it is withdrawn. Then one must test another route until restrictions can be lifted without death. In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says.

money over humans??

First, Giesecke is not a spokesperson for the swedish Public Health Agency.

Second, "destroying economy" from a public health perspective is not about money, it's about humans. 

The holistic approach to public health.

Notice the last part: " In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says." - if that is the perception, then wrecking the economy and all that comes with that could be a measure to not take.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:
    Vox was still pushing this horseshit last night. They doubled down and made the tweet even worse than the headline.

It's not even about Hannity. You read the headline then read the story and it's journalism that we should be weeping for. 
    If you complain here about journalism nowadays, then you’re automatically a trump supporter. There are news outlets just as bad as Fox News, but for the other side. It’s just not brought up here. 
    Totally. Did you see the CNN video of Chris Cuomo emerging from quarantine? Even though he had been out in the Hamptons (while infectious) and got into an argument with a cyclist? It's hard to avoid nihilism at this point. 
    Embarrassing. I was embarrassed for him. Nobody talks about stuff like that though. If trump made that video, forget it. That’s a big problem. People arent stupid, even though certain posters here make it seem like anyone who isn’t a Biden supporter is dumb. People notice things like that , and it only helps Trump. This whole attitude is counterproductive towards getting him out of office. 
    Haha I just watched it. My favorite part is how he intentionally coughs on his wife, then says that he I are still taking it seriously and doesn’t hug anyone and just gives a little wave.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,074
    23scidoo said:

Former state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke again praises the Swedish Corona line.
    In an interview with German Bild, he says that "the difference is that Germany is destroying its economy right now."

Johan Giesecke, former state epidemiologist and current WHO adviser, participated in a large interview this weekend with British UnHerd.
    He highlighted the Swedish path as more science-based, and that Britain did the same - before Prime Minister Boris Johnson made "a 180-degree turn".

Now the former state epidemiologist is being interviewed by the German tabloid Bild. He says there is no scientific evidence that "lockdowns" have an actual effect.

Giesecke says that there have been exaggerated forecasts of death rates and places of care, and that most EU countries have adequate healthcare capacity.

Instead, the former state epidemiologist believes that death rates between different countries can only be compared in a couple of years, and that deaths will increase in countries that have had severe restrictions and in different ways open up.

- The only difference with Sweden is that the deaths in these countries will occur later, after they have eased their measures.

In the interview with British UnHerd, Giesecke resembled the corona eruption with a tsunami that swept across Europe, and that countries will need to test different paths when it comes time to ease restrictions. If an eased action leads to more deaths, it is withdrawn. Then one must test another route until restrictions can be lifted without death. In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says.

money over humans??

Second, "destroying economy" from a public health perspective is not about money, it's about humans. 

Notice the last part: " In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says." - if that is the perception, then wrecking the economy and all that comes with that could be a measure to not take. " In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says."
    that is tottaly wrong..do you think at the end of this for example, Italy will be at the same level with my country??..
    i'm not working for 40 days and i know very well the economy impact..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,286
    edited April 2020
    mace1229 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Embarrassing. I was embarrassed for him. Nobody talks about stuff like that though. If trump made that video, forget it. That’s a big problem. People arent stupid, even though certain posters here make it seem like anyone who isn’t a Biden supporter is dumb. People notice things like that , and it only helps Trump. This whole attitude is counterproductive towards getting him out of office. 
    Haha I just watched it. My favorite part is how he intentionally coughs on his wife, then says that he I are still taking it seriously and doesn’t hug anyone and just gives a little wave.
    You are mistaken. You must’ve missed the best part. Which is him saying something like:
    im sorry I’m sweating, I just worked out, it happens 😂😂
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,584
    File under____________.

It’s a good time to be in the water business: as the coronavirus outbreak spread in the US throughout March, bottled water sales increased 57% over the same period last year.

But among the products, like toilet paper or hand sanitizer, that Americans are panic-buying, bottled water is unusual: there is no shortage of safe drinking water, and health officials have tried to assure people that public water supplies are not contaminated by the coronavirus. Hoarding bottled water simply isn’t necessary for most people.

What’s more, most bottled water sold in the US comes from the same municipal sources that supply tap water – a fact probably unknown to most consumers.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,005
    If you didn't get a chance to hear cuomo detract a reporter here you go.
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/gov-cuomo-to-the-unemployed-get-an-essential-job-you-bums
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    https://twitter.com/karainfla/status/1252941719626186752?s=21
    So how would a haircut get done? I guess the hairdresser could use a hedge trimmers they come in 4’ blades ..
    Here's how it is done in the Netherlands, lol.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316

Is that like Mario Cart all the way strawberry road to a cafeteria where mom serves rainbows but doesn’t lose her job? Because covid? Or KISS?
    Sweden appears to be playing Mario Kart against someone they know they can't beat.  They just gave up to protect the economy.  Sacrificing people along the way to the Gods...er Virus.

You don't know what you are talking about. Or you haven't been paying attention.

But keep it up. Hahaha project much?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • just saw that elizabeth warren's oldest brother died of the virus today. so sad.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    just saw that elizabeth warren's oldest brother died of the virus today. so sad.

Yeah, I just saw that as well.  Sad. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Is there proof that Cuomo even really had the virus?   Easy to set up in your basement and televise agenda vs the President..Hype up your Bro....

Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Is there proof that Cuomo even really had the virus?   Easy to set up in your basement and televise agenda vs the President..Hype up your Bro....

i thought I was a cynic.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Is there proof that Cuomo even really had the virus?   Easy to set up in your basement and televise agenda vs the President..Hype up your Bro....

i thought I was a cynic.

Guilty...and CNN is as far left as Fox is right..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

edited April 2020

i thought I was a cynic.

Guilty...and CNN is as far left as Fox is right..

:lol:

Sorry, that just struck me as funny.

Is that like Mario Cart all the way strawberry road to a cafeteria where mom serves rainbows but doesn’t lose her job? Because covid? Or KISS?
    Sweden appears to be playing Mario Kart against someone they know they can't beat.  They just gave up to protect the economy.  Sacrificing people along the way to the Gods...er Virus.

You don't know what you are talking about. Or you haven't been paying attention.

But keep it up.
    Hahaha project much? No
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2020
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

money over humans??

Notice the last part: " In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says." - if that is the perception, then wrecking the economy and all that comes with that could be a measure to not take.
    " In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says."
    that is tottaly wrong..do you think at the end of this for example, Italy will be at the same level with my country??..
    No I do not.

Okey, 40 days. Add a few years, and then lets see where different Europeans countries stand in relations to how they combated the virus.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

This Gallup poll tells you all you need to know about the state of our relationship with the media. We all understand that Fox is full of shit. But, like you said, try to explain that the same applies to MSNBC, CNN, etc. and you'll get well-akshually'd into oblivion. There's a reason the "fake news" thing sticks, unfortunately.

Last night I watched Anderson Cooper call the Mayor of Las Vegas an "idiot." Flat out just said, you are an idiot. 

The mayor was making the argument that it's up to private businesses to put social distancing practices in place if they wish to open, not her job as mayor. At this point I do tend to feel that "letting the market decide" is a viable option, so I didn't disagree with the mayor, even though she seemed a bit like a nut in other ways. I tend to believe that businesses who choose to open probably won't see much business and eat the cost of opening, because "the market" -- that would be US, people -- don't want to go anywhere.

BUT, to have gotten to a point where "news anchors", even someone like Anderson Cooper whom I have always admired, to call a mayor an idiot as part of the interview -- it just isn't journalism anymore. It's all commentary, celebrity, ratings, sensationalism, all the time, on every channel. Our free press is in a crisis and I worry about the fate of our nation without responsible journalism.
    So 21% in NYC have had the virus.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,114
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

This Gallup poll tells you all you need to know about the state of our relationship with the media. We all understand that Fox is full of shit. But, like you said, try to explain that the same applies to MSNBC, CNN, etc. and you'll get well-akshually'd into oblivion. There's a reason the "fake news" thing sticks, unfortunately.

Last night I watched Anderson Cooper call the Mayor of Las Vegas an "idiot." Flat out just said, you are an idiot. 

The mayor was making the argument that it's up to private businesses to put social distancing practices in place if they wish to open, not her job as mayor. At this point I do tend to feel that "letting the market decide" is a viable option, so I didn't disagree with the mayor, even though she seemed a bit like a nut in other ways. I tend to believe that businesses who choose to open probably won't see much business and eat the cost of opening, because "the market" -- that would be US, people -- don't want to go anywhere.

BUT, to have gotten to a point where "news anchors", even someone like Anderson Cooper whom I have always admired, to call a mayor an idiot as part of the interview -- it just isn't journalism anymore. It's all commentary, celebrity, ratings, sensationalism, all the time, on every channel. Our free press is in a crisis and I worry about the fate of our nation without responsible journalism.
    I saw that and it really is exhausting. Ask questions, ask follow-up questions, point out inconsistencies...it shouldn't be this hard. I understand all the perverse incentives, but it's hard not to be constantly annoyed by it all.
    edited April 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    How long are some of you willing to be locked down for? As long as it takes? 
    I'm a teacher. I get laid off two months every year anyway, so I'm used it. This year it's four. No biggie.
    You aren’t getting paid for May and June?
    Yes, I am still getting paid. At the same time I feel grateful, I feel terribly guilty about it, knowing how much others are suffering who've lost their jobs. I am technically "working" until the end of May, which is when school was out for me in a normal year. By "working" -- I mean creating and posting weekly assignments that only 1/4 of my students are completing, answering a handful of emails a day, meeting once a week with my department. Dreaming big about next year when we go back. My district has been very reasonable about work-at-home structures and requirements, so compared to what a normal workday was like in my trauma flooded school pre-Covid, this is really not hard for me. I know teachers in other districts are being slammed and really not coping well. My main stressor right now is I can't stop imagining the horror shows that must be occurring in many of my students' homes while they are stuck there. My instructional coach told me today that they've already had several CPS reports going in by teachers who have been on Zoom calls with students and had to report things they saw in the background. My first Zoom "office hour" is Friday, and I have mixed feelings about it.
    I wondered how many teachers put up work assignments once a week vs taught classes online.   Seems different things happening even in the same schools.
    I'm in a very, very small district surrounded by very, very large districts. We were told to do absolutely nothing for several week before the leaders came up with a unified plan. The most consistently viable plan from what I can tell in all my reading is what we are doing -- pre-recorded lessons, one activity following up on the lesson, feedback, office hours once a week. Zoom has worked to modify its security features to assist schools with that. 

The larger districts around me tried to go big with synchronous distance learning and it's been a complete disaster for them. One of them I previously worked for is a so-called premier leader of the nation- haha, bells and whistles I can attest to. Their Superintendent for IT just lost her job yesterday, it's been that bad. The ones who are successfully transitioning to true distance learning contracted out with companies like K-12 who have been doing it for decades. Yes, schools have been using tech in classrooms for a while in "blended learning" models. But no school system in this nation has the capacity to do what corporations like K-12 do. Nobody was ready for a situation like this. I guess we will moving forward :-).
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,384
    NJ confirmed cases at 99,989. Holy shit.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,832
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm a teacher. I get laid off two months every year anyway, so I'm used it. This year it's four. No biggie.
    Yes, I am still getting paid. At the same time I feel grateful, I feel terribly guilty about it, knowing how much others are suffering who've lost their jobs. I am technically "working" until the end of May, which is when school was out for me in a normal year. By "working" -- I mean creating and posting weekly assignments that only 1/4 of my students are completing, answering a handful of emails a day, meeting once a week with my department. Dreaming big about next year when we go back. My district has been very reasonable about work-at-home structures and requirements, so compared to what a normal workday was like in my trauma flooded school pre-Covid, this is really not hard for me. I know teachers in other districts are being slammed and really not coping well. My main stressor right now is I can't stop imagining the horror shows that must be occurring in many of my students' homes while they are stuck there. My instructional coach told me today that they've already had several CPS reports going in by teachers who have been on Zoom calls with students and had to report things they saw in the background. My first Zoom "office hour" is Friday, and I have mixed feelings about it.
    I wondered how many teachers put up work assignments once a week vs taught classes online.   Seems different things happening even in the same schools.
    I'm in a very, very small district surrounded by very, very large districts. We were told to do absolutely nothing for several week before the leaders came up with a unified plan. The most consistently viable plan from what I can tell in all my reading is what we are doing -- pre-recorded lessons, one activity following up on the lesson, feedback, office hours once a week. Zoom has worked to modify its security features to assist schools with that. 

The larger districts around me tried to go big with synchronous distance learning and it's been a complete disaster for them. One of them I previously worked for is a so-called premier leader of the nation- haha, bells and whistles I can attest to. Their Superintendent for IT just lost her job yesterday, it's been that bad. The ones who are successfully transitioning to true distance learning contracted out with companies like K-12 who have been doing it for decades. Yes, schools have been using tech in classrooms for a while in "blended learning" models. But no school system in this nation has the capacity to do what corporations like K-12 do. Nobody was ready for a situation like this. I guess we will moving forward :-).
    The "educators" here just send us links either late Sunday night/early Monday morning. And then they just fuck off for the rest of the week as far as teaching is concerned. They do make one Zoom social call once a week. No education happening in those, though, it's just a wellness check of sorts, I think.

And we're supposed to be in a good district. :lol: It's why we chose this shitty nowhere town over other towns that actually have cultural institutions and other such things that make life worth living.

I've basically just told my kids that the school year is over and to do whatever the fuck they want. I'm sure they'll learn more from doing just that than they will by looking at IXL or Epic or whatever other bullshit websites these people try to come up with and send to us to feel as though they're worth a fuck. I've been on a mission to get the superintendent fired since well before the pandemic crisis hit. She's garbage.

As parents who did not study education, we're doing our part by trying to show them how school subjects apply to things we do, observe or sometimes don't even think about in our daily lives (e.g., cooking, gardening, playing music, Wiffle ball, four square, etc.). Besides, I was teaching math all wrong; they don't solve math problems in the same way we did when we were in school.  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,197
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

You need to put his comment in the context of what he was asking and showing her. He was using the dining room map of a Chinese study that illustrated how one infected person at a table infected diners at nearby tables and the study saying the virus was carried by the air current of the dining room's AC system. After he asked if she would be going from casino to casino to ensure proper social distancing per CDC and Team Trump Treason's recommendations. Her reply? "I don't gamble," and "Anderson, we're not in China." 

So yea, she's a fucking idiot and if I was employed by one of those casinos, I wouldn't go back to work and probably be denied unemployment for doing so and if I were a gambler, I'd stay home and gamble online. She's a fucking idiot.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • dankind said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The "educators" here just send us links either late Sunday night/early Monday morning. And then they just fuck off for the rest of the week as far as teaching is concerned. They do make one Zoom social call once a week. No education happening in those, though, it's just a wellness check of sorts, I think.

And we're supposed to be in a good district. :lol: It's why we chose this shitty nowhere town over other towns that actually have cultural institutions and other such things that make life worth living.

I've basically just told my kids that the school year is over and to do whatever the fuck they want. I'm sure they'll learn more from doing just that than they will by looking at IXL or Epic or whatever other bullshit websites these people try to come up with and send to us to feel as though they're worth a fuck. I've been on a mission to get the superintendent fired since well before the pandemic crisis hit. She's garbage.

As parents who did not study education, we're doing our part by trying to show them how school subjects apply to things we do, observe or sometimes don't even think about in our daily lives (e.g., cooking, gardening, playing music, Wiffle ball, four square, etc.). Besides, I was teaching math all wrong; they don't solve math problems in the same way we did when we were in school.  
    Yeah I don't blame the teachers, I blame whomever is in charge of the plan for the school districts.
    I'm in the same boat....granted it is kindergarten and I would be inclined to let him play with his trucks and cars for most of the day...but the teach does just what you are sharing.  One shitty plan for the week (by shitty I mean the most basic fucking thing you can imagine) and then a Friday show and tell zoom..
    Some of the teachers are providing some more stuff but they are not told to - they are told to do what our teacher is doing.
    Now, she has kids of her own...so it would be foolish to expect that they could tell their teachers they need to be home with their kids and teach classes.  Seems they could do more to help the teachers provide some additional value
    Again, in our case it is K, so how much can you really do or expect the kid to do....it ends up that my wife spends 2/3 of the day time he normally would be at School teaching him.
    I think she would enjoy it more of she didn't have her own work to do.
    I teach writing and reading....one during lunch hour and the other at 5 when I am done.
    He gets a bunch of playtime and goes outside for a spell each day.
    It is a messed up situation.
    Wonder what it looks like if your kid is older ..I only know with a little booger eater.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,074
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

money over humans??

" In the end, all European countries will be affected about the same, Giesecke says."

No I do not.

Okey, 40 days. Add a few years, and then lets see where different Europeans countries stand in relations to how they combated the virus. People dying NOW..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

You need to put his comment in the context of what he was asking and showing her. He was using the dining room map of a Chinese study that illustrated how one infected person at a table infected diners at nearby tables and the study saying the virus was carried by the air current of the dining room's AC system. After he asked if she would be going from casino to casino to ensure proper social distancing per CDC and Team Trump Treason's recommendations. Her reply? "I don't gamble," and "Anderson, we're not in China." 

So yea, she's a fucking idiot and if I was employed by one of those casinos, I wouldn't go back to work and probably be denied unemployment for doing so and if I were a gambler, I'd stay home and gamble online. She's a fucking idiot.
    Her being a fucking idiot is for us to decide. It's not Anderson Cooper's job to decide for us. His job is to present the facts -- the diagram of the  Chinese dining table  -- and to ask her to comment on it. If he doesn't agree with her answer, he needs to keep that to himself, or risk being forever labeled a biased reporter. Like I said, she showed herself to be a nut case in some respects. Give the viewers credit for understanding that. Nobody in the media even pretends to be objective anymore, and that's a major problem.

Just some empathy, not an endorsement -- but you have a mayor looking at the possibility of her town becoming a 21st century ghost town because of its reliance on a single industry. Nutso or not in her response to Cooper's questions, I feel for her and the people in Las Vegas. At this point, I am on the "let the markets decide" side of the fence, for a variety of reasons, some of which are not appropriate to say out loud.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,515
    pjl44 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    pjl44 said:
    dignin said:
    pjl44 said:

Did C. Cuomo lie or did he publicly exhibit stressed out behavior while suffering from life threatening disease?
This discussion has been closed.