The coronavirus

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Ford to make 100K face shields in Windsor, Ont., to aid in COVID-19 fight

Let's hope they give some to the US.
    Doubtful.  I think these are being donated locally, just in the Windsor/Essex area.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Ford to make 100K face shields in Windsor, Ont., to aid in COVID-19 fight

Let's hope they give some to the US.
    The US has more than enough manufacturing capacity to meet their needs and then some...

Our manufacturers are stepping in and volunteering to re-tool their facilities...

Canada did not have to order manufacturers to help.

ontario has set up a 50 million fund to assist in the re-tooling.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    In late January, President Trump's economic adviser Peter Navarro warned his White House colleagues the novel coronavirus could take more than half a million American lives and cost close to $6 trillion, according to memos obtained by Axios.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The next time someone moans about Republicans being uniquely heartless, remember all the ghouls that come out to mock Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. when they fall ill.
    As people around here will surely be surprised to hear, I have no empathy or sympathy for people like Johnson/Paul/Limbaugh/etc who have made a career out of damaging our society.

The world will be a better place without them, and their mockery serves as a warning to those who hope to fill their shoes when they're gone.
    Psycho. Not surprised at all though. You’re right about that at least 
    A psychopath suffers from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    In all seriousness though.  Why should there be any sympathy for people like Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, Rush Limbaugh?  They have no regard for my life or well being, I am content to show them the same courtesy.  
    I understand where you’re coming from.  I really do. I feel the same way about them. But I still wouldn’t wish anything bad on them. I wouldn’t celebrate them getting covid-19 or cancer. It’s just in bad taste imo 

Conservatives have been weaponizing the moral high ground for ages now.  See: prosperity gospel.

If you're a good little Christian, God will shower you with riches. And if bad things happen to you, like being poor or sick; well you must have done something to deserve it.  

Now I won't suggest there's some sort of karma involved here.  Karma does not bend to the will of man.  But I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. 

I don't care if Limbaugh et al gets cancer, or hit by a train, the sooner their mortal soul leaves this plane, the better.  And when it does, they won't garner any sympathy from me. 

Let their legacy be nothing but shame and regret, serving as an example for others who are thinking about capitalizing in human suffering the way they have.  
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,004
    Chris, sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Fuck this virus.
    TY man.

I just hope that we start rallying around all the people that make it through this.  Celebrate something good.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    Time to come out of the closet I guess
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,831
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    The next time someone moans about Republicans being uniquely heartless, remember all the ghouls that come out to mock Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. when they fall ill.
    As people around here will surely be surprised to hear, I have no empathy or sympathy for people like Johnson/Paul/Limbaugh/etc who have made a career out of damaging our society.

The world will be a better place without them, and their mockery serves as a warning to those who hope to fill their shoes when they're gone.
    A psychopath suffers from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    In all seriousness though.  Why should there be any sympathy for people like Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, Rush Limbaugh?  They have no regard for my life or well being, I am content to show them the same courtesy.  
    I understand where you’re coming from.  I really do. I feel the same way about them. But I still wouldn’t wish anything bad on them. I wouldn’t celebrate them getting covid-19 or cancer. It’s just in bad taste imo 
    Living proof of BSAB. No wonder this guy knows so much about horseshoes.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,543
    edited April 2020
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    In my best Samuel Jackson voice: "Clip clop motherf#%ker!"
    It's a hopeless situation...
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    .....oh bless your heart.....

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    ha.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    As long as they’re not mating like the pandas apparently are. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    edited April 2020
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 

Conservatives have been weaponizing the moral high ground for ages now.  See: prosperity gospel.

If you're a good little Christian, God will shower you with riches. And if bad things happen to you, like being poor or sick; well you must have done something to deserve it.  

Now I won't suggest there's some sort of karma involved here.  Karma does not bend to the will of man.  But I certainly won't lose any sleep over it. 

I don't care if Limbaugh et al gets cancer, or hit by a train, the sooner their mortal soul leaves this plane, the better.  And when it does, they won't garner any sympathy from me. 

Let their legacy be nothing but shame and regret, serving as an example for others who are thinking about capitalizing in human suffering the way they have.  
    I notice "karma" keeps coming up here. Since I'm currently reading the chapter about karma in a meditation book, I can't help but make a technical point. Karma does not manifest itself until reincarnation.
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636

My 83 year old cousin just succumbed to this in that way.  His heart just stopped beating.
    We are still getting details but from what we know he was sick for a week and his heart just stopped.  He did have Covid.

I'm really sorry for your loss! And I feel with you.
    We lost my aunty yesterday morning. In the end, all organs failed. Terrible imagination that she died all alone. I can't even go to the funeral, only closest family members. But my parents will go. 

Fuck, that damn virus..

Please be safe everyone. Take care of yourself and your loved ones! 
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    kce8 said:

My 83 year old cousin just succumbed to this in that way.  His heart just stopped beating.
    We are still getting details but from what we know he was sick for a week and his heart just stopped.  He did have Covid.

We lost my aunty yesterday morning. In the end, all organs failed. Terrible imagination that she died all alone. I can't even go to the funeral, only closest family members. But my parents will go. 

Fuck, that damn virus..

I'm very sorry to hear about both of these, tempo and kce.   My best wishes to you both.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 

I notice "karma" keeps coming up here. Since I'm currently reading the chapter about karma in a meditation book, I can't help but make a technical point. Karma does not manifest itself until reincarnation.

edited April 2020
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,616
      Wisconsin Election: Voters Forced to Choose Between Protecting Their Health and Their Civic Duty https://nyti.ms/2xVDP8Z

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,190
    mickeyrat said:
      Wisconsin Election: Voters Forced to Choose Between Protecting Their Health and Their Civic Duty https://nyti.ms/2xVDP8Z

Both sides are the same. Dems would have done the same thing, make ‘em vote or lose your voice, err life.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • kce8 said:

Fuck, that damn virus..

Very sorry to hear this.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    edited April 2020
    kce8 said:

Fuck, that damn virus..

Very sorry to hear this.  

Sorry for your loss tng. Fuck covid.
    edit, and kce8 also. Damn this fucking virus.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,616
    mickeyrat said:

Both sides are the same. Dems would have done the same thing, make ‘em vote or lose your voice, err life.
    who stands to benefit in Wisconsin's case.....

I live in a GOP controlled state, Ohio. Both chambers and the Governor. THEY came together and extended, after the election was supposed to occur, to end of April for mail in absentee. This was done out of an abundance of caution. Particularly for poll volunteers, who are majority elderly. I will note I have been seeing very young adults as volunteers the last few polling days. Its encouraging.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    2000 lost in the US today :(
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    2000 lost in the US today :(
    Including this awesome songwriter...

This discussion has been closed.