The coronavirus

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    pjl44 said:
    The next time someone moans about Republicans being uniquely heartless, remember all the ghouls that come out to mock Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. when they fall ill.
    Who here has mocked either I know some including myself have said karma is a bitch but anything more than that I haven’t seen it ..Republicans are heartless though see kids in cages and standing by a total idiot peice of shit human while thousands have died..
    BINGO.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    pjl44 said:
    The next time someone moans about Republicans being uniquely heartless, remember all the ghouls that come out to mock Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. when they fall ill.
    Who here has mocked either I know some including myself have said karma is a bitch but anything more than that I haven’t seen it ..Republicans are heartless though see kids in cages and standing by a total idiot peice of shit human while thousands have died..
    Yes, going out of your way to exclaim karma is a bitch just because you have different politics demonstrates one's visceral cruelty
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    pjl44 said:
    As people around here will surely be surprised to hear, I have no empathy or sympathy for people like Johnson/Paul/Limbaugh/etc who have made a career out of damaging our society.

The world will be a better place without them, and their mockery serves as a warning to those who hope to fill their shoes when they're gone.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,126
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Yes, going out of your way to exclaim karma is a bitch just because you have different politics demonstrates one's visceral cruelty
    Yeah ok if someone is posting of tweeting that the virus is a hoax and they in turn become infected I guess you could say bad luck or karma is a bitch either fits..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,281
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:
    As people around here will surely be surprised to hear, I have no empathy or sympathy for people like Johnson/Paul/Limbaugh/etc who have made a career out of damaging our society.

The world will be a better place without them, and their mockery serves as a warning to those who hope to fill their shoes when they're gone.
    Psycho. Not surprised at all though. You’re right about that at least 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,055
    edited April 2020
    On the topic of public health choices made:

Calls to US helpline jump 891%, as White House is warned of mental health crisis^

The national hotline providing emergency help to people suffering from emotional distress has received nearly nine times more calls than it did this time last year, with tens of thousands of Americans reaching out for assistance amid the coronavirus crisis, according to U.S. officials.

Federal officials on the front lines of the U.S. government’s pandemic response have privately warned members of the White House and Department of Homeland Security that many more Americans will find themselves in “dire straits” over the coming weeks, and that U.S. agencies have yet to properly prepare for the unfolding “mental health crisis.”

“I am very concerned,” said one U.S. official.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/calls-us-helpline-jump-891-white-house-warned/story?id=70010113

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    edited April 2020
    Not offering sympathy for a psychopath isn’t psychotic. Karma doesn’t exist or someone like Rush Limbaugh and others so blindly extremely one sided would’ve been wiped from the earth long ago. 

Post edited by DewieCox on
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    Just in case no one has said it yet:  Fuck the coronavirus.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

DewieCox said:
    Not offering sympathy for a psychopath isn’t psychotic. Karma doesn’t exist or someone like Rush Limbaugh and others so blindly extremely one sided would’ve been wiped from the earth long ago. 

DewieCox said:
    This is borderline psychotic.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    brianlux said:
    Just in case no one has said it yet:  Fuck the coronavirus.
    YES.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    DewieCox said:

I hate some people. Strongly. I’d never wish bad in them. But it’s ok. We’re different. All good. 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    DewieCox said:

DewieCox said:
    This is borderline psychotic.

Good one!!! What’s the score in the Ohio/Sweden game?
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    ~~ 1 Proven Indisputable Fact - Ten Club Forum would have reacted to virus faster than the Trump Admin ! .....  :o 

2 January - Trump briefed on Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan

22 January, Trump asked in public for the first time about his worries about the coronavirus.

“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control,” he said. “It’s going to be just fine.”

24 January This thread started by @Spiritual_Chaos  

28 January - Trump tweets link to article from the unreliable One America News Network that suggested Johnson & Johnson was working on a vaccine. The article no longer exists, presumably because it was false.

29 January  -  White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President. 

January 31
    The Trump Administration: Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:
    ~~ 1 Proven Indisputable Fact - Ten Club Forum would have reacted to virus faster than the Trump Admin ! .....  :o 

22 January, Trump asked in public for the first time about his worries about the coronavirus.

“It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control,” he said. “It’s going to be just fine.”

28 January - Trump tweets link to article from the unreliable One America News Network that suggested Johnson & Johnson was working on a vaccine. The article no longer exists, presumably because it was false.

29 January  -  White House announced the formation of the Coronavirus Task Force to help monitor and contain the spread of the virus and provide updates to the President. 

January 31
    The Trump Administration: Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

Hell yes!  Good one, myoung!

10 Club for President in 2020!  :lol: 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

Some of Trump's media morons are calling for Dr. Fauci's removal.  What the fuck is the matter with these people?

Why Trump's media allies are turning against Fauci amid the pandemic

nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

A psychopath suffers from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

A psychopath suffers from chronic mental disorder with abnormal or violent social behavior.

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    myoung321 said:

January 31 - The Trump Administration: Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.

Some people at the start of the thread took it as serious as Trump too. 

Not easy predicting the future all of the time.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    brianlux said:
    Some of Trump's media morons are calling for Dr. Fauci's removal.  What the fuck is the matter with these people?

Why Trump's media allies are turning against Fauci amid the pandemic

If this happens, I give up.  It would be so blatantly obvious that they are pushing him out because he has been providing the scientific facts rather than pushing Trump's agenda. 

edited April 2020
    Another 114 people have died in covid-19, the Public Health Authority reports today, Tuesday.
    A total of 591 people - 234 women and 357 men - have died after being confirmed infected with the new corona virus in Sweden.
    State epidemiologist Anders Tegnell raises a warning today after reports of packed outdoor restaurants in the country's major cities.
    - Not everyone seems to have understood that the rules for congestion also apply to outdoor seating, says Anders Tegnell.

Also seems there is an over representation (in Stockholm) of people getting the virus in the poorer areas. Where people are living tighter, more in the same apartments and several generations in the same apartment. Also, I would guess less likely to take in swedish media and information/guidelines. 

Tegnell is pointing out though that they now see less and less cases coming into hospitals. But I, being a pessimist, would not rule out this being just a fluke.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    In all seriousness though.  Why should there be any sympathy for people like Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, Rush Limbaugh?  They have no regard for my life or well being, I am content to show them the same courtesy.  
  • Chris, sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Fuck this virus.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Ontario health-care worker posts emotional thank-you to border officers

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/customs-warm-welcome-windsor-detroit-1.5523418
    Give Peas A Chance…

Canada working to produce up to 30,000 ventilators domestically: Trudeau

Give Peas A Chance…
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 

Really?

so·ci·o·path
    /ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/
    noun
    noun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths
    a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    pjl44 said:

I'm more of a sociopath. 
    Either way. You’re nuts. 
    In all seriousness though.  Why should there be any sympathy for people like Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, Rush Limbaugh?  They have no regard for my life or well being, I am content to show them the same courtesy.  
    I understand where you’re coming from.  I really do. I feel the same way about them. But I still wouldn’t wish anything bad on them. I wouldn’t celebrate them getting covid-19 or cancer. It’s just in bad taste imo 

Coronavirus: Vaughan manufacturing facility finishes 1st batch of Ontario-made masks

https://globalnews.ca/news/6788570/vaughan-facility-personal-protective-equipment/
    Give Peas A Chance…

Ford to make 100K face shields in Windsor, Ont., to aid in COVID-19 fight

Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…

Ford to make 100K face shields in Windsor, Ont., to aid in COVID-19 fight

Let's hope they give some to the US.
This discussion has been closed.