The coronavirus

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    Italy had a decrease in deaths and icu patients yesterday.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I will be putting together a little comparison on my state, Ohio, and Sweden at some point.
    We have roughly equivalent population sizes and are polar opposites on reaction to the pandemic, with Ohio being one of the very earliest to enact strict social distancing measures and Sweden being the very last.
    Should be interesting, I wish everyone well!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,831
    rgambs said:
    I will be putting together a little comparison on my state, Ohio, and Sweden at some point.
    We have roughly equivalent population sizes and are polar opposites on reaction to the pandemic, with Ohio being one of the very earliest to enact strict social distancing measures and Sweden being the very last.
    That will be interesting to see. 
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,314
    rgambs said:
    That will be interesting to see. 
    Yes, I’m very interested to see all the comparisons once this is over.....
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,054
    Are people acting like there is no pandemic or is that social distancing, together, at a bar?
    It was not that many there and people were scattered in their groups. 

I did order my beer at the bar though, which I thought was forbidden. 

But today at the supermarket when I needed to buy some onions was chaos, no one keeping their distance. Even with markers put out and information put up. More of a scary experience then sitting in a corner at the local bar.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Trump/sports commissioners conferfence call. Full arenas and baseball  by August, NFL start in September. Didn’t see it mentioned. Seems somewhat reasonable but I think stadium sized crowds could be too much. I like MLB’s idea of playing in empty stadiums in centralized location til we get a handle on how hard it will hit in the fall. 
    rgambs said:
    And we both have had famous cases of the military gunning down our own citizens during demonstrations. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    rgambs said:
    And we both have had famous cases of the military gunning down our own citizens during demonstrations. 
    thank you for confirming my opinion of you and in fact lowering it considerably with this irrelevant to the current crisis statement.

very ironic considering how superior attitude has been in stating the US or its citizens cant take criticism.

so please , do go out daily and interact with your fellow citizens. You know , following your governments lead on this.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,280
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/1246776032553840642?s=21
    why oh why is this idiot even getting aired all tv stations should just ignore him all except faux off course!
    :ohstop: 

I can't find words for what I think about this damn guy!
    It definitely has no limits. What a shame for a human being.

When I'm feeling down about my situation, I'm thinking of the people in Africa, Asia, etc. 
    All in all, we should still be grateful with our current situation. I don't want to imagine what will happen in the slums of the poor countries in a few weeks. That's even more scary.
  • rgambs said:
    Ha.  True colors showing through.  
    Bravo.

Johan rules!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • DewieCox said:
    Trump/sports commissioners conferfence call. Full arenas and baseball  by August, NFL start in September. Didn’t see it mentioned. Seems somewhat reasonable but I think stadium sized crowds could be too much. I like MLB’s idea of playing in empty stadiums in centralized location til we get a handle on how hard it will hit in the fall. 
    This isn't going to happen.  
    Until they get a vaccine in place no sane leadership will support this 
    Which means that Trump will leave it up to others to land in the correct spots on this.

Agree about no crowd activities.  They could happen.

rgambs said:
    Right-O mate!  And we both sent almost a million men to fight the Nazis.
    And both are super duper relevant 👍
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:
    thank you for confirming my opinion of you and in fact lowering it considerably with this irrelevant to the current crisis statement.

very ironic considering how superior attitude has been in stating the US or its citizens cant take criticism.

so please , do go out daily and interact with your fellow citizens. You know , following your governments lead on this.
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    Sounds like some kind of nerve was struck.

Surprised.
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.
    Hah!  You're the one who responded to a calm, measured post with a completely irrelevant flame bait.  We all know it's you with the struck nerve, maybe I should make a poll on it lol
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.
    Hah!  You're the one who responded to a calm, measured post with a completely irrelevant flame bait.  We all know it's you with the struck nerve, maybe I should make a poll on it lol
    Where exactly lies the "flame bait" in what I wrote?

And yes, ofc it was "completely irrelevant". There was never a point of it being relevant. Other than it being another thing in common.

But people did take it weirdly on here.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.
    I am not playing this game with you, I prefer to retain what respect I have for you, and that will quickly dissolve if you carry on pretending you didn't make that statement with the intent of instigating.

I have the guts to admit that my Giesecke posts are friendly mockery, have the guts to own yours as well.
    edited April 2020
    Picturing people on here watching The Other Guys:

"Why is Will Ferrel saying that tuna will constructa breathing apparatus to go up on land and kill Lions? That is not relevant. Tuna fish can't construct such things. It doesn't make any sense. Baby, your uncle is a fisherman - can you call him and ask about this." 
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    Whoa, hold up. 
    Was there an instance when Swedish military massacred demonstrators?  

If, so, I retract all that and apologize, I thought you were being sarcastic.
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.
    I am not playing this game with you, I prefer to retain what respect I have for you, and that will quickly dissolve if you carry on pretending you didn't make that statement with the intent of instigating.

I have the guts to admit that my Giesecke posts are friendly mockery, have the guts to own yours as well.
    I was not mocking you or the state of Ohio in any way.

But please, explain where the flame bait lies. Where lies the intention of "instigating"?
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    Whoa, hold up. 
    Yes.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,422
    DewieCox said:
    Which means that Trump will leave it up to others to land in the correct spots on this.

You think sports with fans are done for 12-18 months? 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.

But please, explain where the flame bait lies. Where lies the intention of "instigating"?
    Every post you’ve made the last few pages.
    DewieCox said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.

Nope.
  • PJNB said:
    DewieCox said:

You think sports with fans are done for 12-18 months? 
    I sure hope not but I think that until we know if this is going to come back in the fall, as some suspect, I don't think there is a way they open stadiums for leagues.  
    If it takes 12-18 I think we will have to do it without crowds.  
    Or, I could see people who recover being ok to be a part of crowds if they show immunity is carrying.
    Who knows ....damn this sucks.
    DewieCox said:
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mickeyrat said:
    rgambs said:

nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    Irrelevant 
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Surprised.

Nope.
    Yep, even if it wasn’t the intent. Posting those pics is flame worthy even if Sweden had no cases.
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    edited April 2020
    Always was proud about being of swedish decent. Between johan/god and sc, I will never do that ever again.  I now realize that I should be ashamed to be connected with them in any way. I see now the "nordics are better than everyone else" attitude that I attach to nazism, yuck.

Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • Johan/God
    :rofl:.  
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    rgambs said:
    Whoa, hold up. 

If, so, I retract all that and apologize, I thought you were being sarcastic.
    1931. Union strike and following demonstration against use of scabs..

always an opportunity to learn, isnt there.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Picturing people on here watching The Other Guys:

"Why is Will Ferrel saying that tuna will constructa breathing apparatus to go up on land and kill Lions? That is not relevant. Tuna fish can't construct such things. It doesn't make any sense. Baby, your uncle is a fisherman - can you call him and ask about this." 
    Man, it seems like you're flailing here.

Utterly asinine.

YAKI, I laughed at that too.  Excellent!
This discussion has been closed.