The coronavirus

Comments

• LongueuilLongueuil Posts: 2,224
    edited April 2020
    Me and Sweden during Corona:

Santé...:disappointed:
    Post edited by Longueuil on
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    1200 hundred perished today here in America that’s like 4 plane crashes in one day, I’m not sure how anyone in this nation is not taking this seriously like those 8 republican governors..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,870
    edited April 2020
    PJ_Soul said:

This seems insane to me.
    Going out to the bar? Or posting a picture of you out at the bar? Either way, yes. 
    Just going out to the bar - why are you doing it? - and Sweden's tactic in general.  It's harmful to people.
    Post away!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639

I am getting anxiety just looking at this. The horror!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    tbergs said:
    My understanding is that in each of those states schools are closed, non-essential businesses are closed, and gatherings of ten or more aren't permitted. If there's anything that says the contrary, I'd be interested to see it. They just haven't specifically issued a "stay at home order."

That's what happened here in MA. When Charlie Baker issued the order it made no practical difference. Everything was already locked down anyway. I think the only incremental thing was you couldn't walk into a restaurant for takeout - they had to bring it out curbside.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386

I like your t-shirt. You should wear it to a show!

I thought I read somewhere that that hot politician said Swedish citizens are responsible to make good choices independently? You have heard US findings of transmission in the air through talking? 

Anyhow, when in Rome... Cheers!

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    Smellyman said:
    saw something today that 155 are positive from that ship.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Smellyman said:
    I saw this just yesterday. Did you see the honor and support received from his men and women as he departed?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    MF117973 said:

No shit. That beer looks awful
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,054
    edited April 2020
    MF117973 said:

Has to say something negative. But got nothing to say. So reaches for something about the beer while hoping no one mentions that he himself comes from the country famous for LiteDietLightPiss
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    tish said:

You have heard US findings of transmission in the air through talking? 

Yes, I read it now in the morning.That's worrisome!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2020
    Johan approves.

To go to a cafe, to the hairdresser or go shopping, it would not be wrong to continue with that kind of activity?
    - No, I think you should keep doing that. Definitely. The only ones who should not do it are those who are old and sick. They should not move too much in the community.
    edited April 2020

Johan Giesecke, former state epidemiologist and now adviser to the World Health Organization WHO, tells Expressen that there is always a delay in the number of cases reported, highlighting the great work done by the healthcare staff.
    - I think reporting will be better. But it is important for all of us who are into statistics to remember that it all starts with a nurse or doctor who has to fill out a form while having dying people in the room next door.

He believes that Sweden will have reached the peak of the number of dead later in April.
    - A lot of people will die in this disease. In two or three weeks we have reached the apex, I am pretty sure. But there will be a few thousand people dying, I think that is pretty clear. This can be seen on curves and comparing with other countries.

Explained: Sweden’s no-lockdown approach to coronavirus

https://youtu.be/zdZAZRiFq24

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739

Give Peas A Chance…
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    MF117973 said:

Has to say something negative. But got nothing to say. So reaches for something about the beer while hoping no one mentions that he himself comes from the country famous for LiteDietLightPiss
    Sorry man was just trying to make a lighthearted ribbing. No offense was meant.

I miss doing exactly what you were doing. It looks like a cool place and a good time. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    https://twitter.com/joenbc/status/1246619182604734466?s=21
    Remember that travel ban the Baffoon touted as him
    being out in front of the virus, who’s enforcing it? If this virus originated in Mexico he would of had all of our armed forces at the border and at airports..
    On March 25, a total of 42 deaths were reported, but after a retrospective revision, the figure was in reality 97. On March 26, 66 people were reported dead, but after a revision, the figure was 124, according to TT.

In the future it will not be like that, says state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell. He also believes that the number of corona deaths reported will be higher than in other countries.

- It's a difficult area. Above all, there are uncertainties in the initial period. But in the long run, within a few days, we probably have the world's most exact death statistics in this area because we can follow people at the social security number level.

The infected persons are compared to the Swedish death register.

- We coordinate all cases and see if they show up in the death register, which is not possible in all countries. Sweden and some other countries can do that. Thus, our death statistics will probably be higher and more exact than any other country, I would argue.

In Denmark, 161 people have been reported dead, in Norway 62, and in Finland 25 people, according to Worldometers. It is difficult to compare between countries, Anders Tegnell believes, partly because countries indicate the cause of death in different ways.
  • So....Johan is the pied Piper of Corona.  

I hope you and your family are safe, SC.
    Seems like a country behaving like our biggest idiots here..
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    https://twitter.com/therickwilson/status/1246776032553840642?s=21
    why oh why is this idiot even getting aired all tv stations should just ignore him all except faux off course!
    So....Johan is the pied Piper of Corona.  

Who would you rather trust the advice of for any given question  - former Swedish state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke --

-- or the trio of Mike Pence, Jared and Donald? 
  • I would pick anyone when pared against those morons, but I will choose option 3 which is a long list of doctors and scientists I have read on slowing the spread.
    I agree that those guys are idiots but I fear for Sweden that these beliefs are causing more deaths in your country.
    Hope I'm wrong.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,096

Who would you rather trust the advice of for any given question  - former Swedish state epidemiologist Johan Giesecke --

Except that those aren't the two options. Would you trust the mandatory lockdown behaviour that every country struggling with CoVID-19 has suggested is the right move, or the advice of Giesecke?

Also, the video you shared called "Explained: Sweden's no-lockdown approach to coronavirus" offered absolutely zero explanations from Sweden's leaders about why they feel justifiable in responding differently than the rest of the world, and in fact ended with a scientist saying that she feels the government ought to mandate more. This is a level of exceptionalism from you on par with what you would criticize those from the USA for having. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    benjs said:

Except that those aren't the two options. 
    I believe the question was mine. And I gave exactly two options. No more. No less.
    edited April 2020
    benjs said:

Would you trust the mandatory lockdown behaviour that every country struggling with CoVID-19 has suggested is the right move, or the advice of Giesecke?
    I don't blindly trust Giesecke at all. But I have no problems putting my trust in the combined knowledge of the Swedish Public Health Authority on a similar level to most of the rest of the world.

With the information that the Danish and Norwegian Public Health Authorities being in line with the swedish (but their politicians not following their advice) it tips it all over to the option of "we're probably not doing stuff that is all that crazy".

As someone said, "keeping the whole country on lockdown for a extensive amount of time would be the experient, not what we are doing"

edited April 2020
    benjs said:

Also, the video you shared called "Explained: Sweden's no-lockdown approach to coronavirus" offered absolutely zero explanations from Sweden's leaders about why they feel justifiable in responding differently than the rest of the world, and in fact ended with a scientist saying that she feels the government ought to mandate more. This is a level of exceptionalism from you on par with what you would criticize those from the USA for having. 
    Where is this exceptionalism exactly? That I posted a video where criticism was allowed to be brought up? Is that the sign of swedish exceptionalism? I'm sorry that I come from a country where debate is exceptionally allowed... and not from a world far, far away ruled by Kato or wherever you are typing from.

And sorry for finding and posting a video in english covering Sweden.

Here is another one, from BBC with sweden's state epidemiologist, look for your answers there truthseeker

https://www.facebook.com/bbcnews/videos/995730507487515/
This discussion has been closed.