The coronavirus

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,057
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    23scidoo said:
    Yes, that was to be expected unfortunately.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    DewieCox said:
    Bullshit posts like that are a perfect example.

South Korea: tested immediately and often.

USA: didn't want to test

Both: first case on same day

If you want to prove your point, go ahead and post the deaths per capita of each country and where they are in their respective curves.

If you want to prove you have courage, go ahead and post trumps comments about not wanting to test and why at that critical junction that separates SK and USA.

If you cant, and you cant, keep your "both sides" nonsense to yourself. Because we know if obama effed up testing like this and the USA system was worst in the world at saving American lives we very much know the crap obama would be getting from Republicans 

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    DewieCox said:

If you want to prove your point, go ahead and post the deaths per capita of each country and where they are in their respective curves.

If you want to prove you have courage, go ahead and post trumps comments about not wanting to test and why at that critical junction that separates SK and USA.

If you cant, and you cant, keep your "both sides" nonsense to yourself. Because we know if obama effed up testing like this and the USA system was worst in the world at saving American lives we very much know the crap obama would be getting from Republicans 

lol - didn't you see?  They're still blaming Obama for this!
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    DewieCox said:

Agreed. The both sides mantra is nonsense.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    It’s not. Wake up. I wasn’t referring to the link. I was referring to the post. It’s not just this situation. It’s years and years of back and forth that has poisoned one side against the other. When somebody fucks up, call them on it. This attitude that Democrats are somehow morally superior or have the road  map to utopia is idiotic. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,279
    DewieCox said:
    It’s not. Wake up. I wasn’t referring to the link. I was referring to the post. It’s not just this situation. It’s years and years of back and forth that has poisoned one side against the other. When somebody fucks up, call them on it. This attitude that Democrats are somehow morally superior or have the road  map to utopia is idiotic. 
    Don’t bother. For me, anyone that looks at either side and thinks everything is right or perfect from top to bottom, is probably insane. If you don’t disagree with anything on the side you lean towards, then that’s a huge problem. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Don’t bother. For me, anyone that looks at either side and thinks everything is right or perfect from top to bottom, is probably insane. If you don’t disagree with anything on the side you lean towards, then that’s a huge problem. 
    There is a world of difference between “don’t disagree with anything on the side you lean toward” and what people are actually saying on here, though. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    There is a world of difference between “don’t disagree with anything on the side you lean toward” and what people are actually saying on here, though. 
    Not really. Most people here talk down to anyone who they assume support Trump just because they question certain things. I’ve never seen or heard any complaint here about anything on the left. Well, except all the venomous posts that got the debate thread shut down. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Even though you keep saying that it doesn't make it true. Nobody is saying that the Democrats are perfect.

What I'm saying is one side is a lot worse. If the handling of this hasn't made that abundantly clear, you my friend have been the one "drinking the kool-aid". Not to mention the idiocy of the last 4 years.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    DewieCox said:
    Yes we have been , this administration dropped the ball big time there’s no denying it just look at Nunes look at Florida governor they take their lead from a Baffoon do you remember McConnell on Obama 1st term..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    DewieCox said:
    If only there were a system of checks and balances....perhaps 2 coequal branches of government?
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Not really. Most people here talk down to anyone who they assume support Trump just because they question certain things. I’ve never seen or heard any complaint here about anything on the left. Well, except all the venomous posts that got the debate thread shut down. 
    You seem to have been posting on AMT for a couple of weeks now. What standing do you think you have to make comments about what you’ve “seen and heard” from posters who have been posting here for five years, ten years or more? You know less than you think you do. 

This is turning out to be a major clusterf

The US donated PPE supplies all over the world.  Now we have a shortage and are having to purchase them back? 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    You seem to have been posting on AMT for a couple of weeks now. What standing do you think you have to make comments about what you’ve “seen and heard” from posters who have been posting here for five years, ten years or more? You know less than you think you do. 
    More condescending remarks. I can only comment on what I’ve seen. I guess I have to read back 10 years of threads to be able to post my opinion here. What a ridiculous attitude. 
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Even though you keep saying that it doesn't make it true. Nobody is saying that the Democrats are perfect.

What I'm saying is one side is a lot worse. If the handling of this hasn't made that abundantly clear, you my friend have been the one "drinking the kool-aid". Not to mention the idiocy of the last 4 years.
    I appreciate your opinion. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    There ya go!  Put someone down!

Good job!

Rona!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    This really is not cool. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Listen, I’m around Trumpers nearly 100% irl. There’s a fucking billboard a mile from my house that has orange guys head on Ric Flairs body. I see and hear the dumb shit they push on a daily basis on my FB feed. You know who digs their hills in just as fiercely? 

The moral superiority on both sides is disgusting. 

Clearly Trump fucked this up. No amount of excuses from the ever revolving door will change that. Nobody here denies that. But how many times does the shit need repeated? 

mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    This really is not cool. 
    Yea unfortunately I expect it. It really caught me off guard the first few times I posted here. But not anymore. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I rarely post on any threads here, but I feel compelled to state that I think anyone questioning what standing another user has to comment probably needs to step away from the keyboard for a while. The coronavirus should also be a non-political issue, in my opinion. At times like this we should all try to give each other some extra leeway and not get mired in back-biting. I hope that everyone stays safe today and going forward.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Was this really necessary? Are you the board police? Come on, man. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    edited April 2020
    DewieCox said:
    Listen, I’m around Trumpers nearly 100% irl. There’s a fucking billboard a mile from my house that has orange guys head on Ric Flairs body. I see and hear the dumb shit they push on a daily basis on my FB feed. You know who digs their hills in just as fiercely? 

The moral superiority on both sides is disgusting. 

Clearly Trump fucked this up. No amount of excuses from the ever revolving door will change that. Nobody here denies that. But how many times does the shit need repeated? 

When he stops fucking up.

Am I supposed to just ignore his continued lies to make people feel better? 

He's getting people killed with his BS and I will continue to point that out.

Post edited by dignin on
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:

Exactly.

Someone says, "they aren't the same, Democrats are better, here's the evidence" and Nick and dewie come running to twist the words into "Democrats are perfect" so they don't have to admit that they are wrong, the parties are not the same.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:

I'm not saying that people can't comment - I think everyone has misread that. Sorry if i didn't express it well.

I'm saying that if someone has only been reading what people have posted the last couple of weeks, then they shouldn't be making a judgement of what posters "always" say, because it's not accurate. People complaining that posters never say anything negative about Dems based on reading two weeks of posts about the current situation is ridiculous. 
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:

Exactly.

Someone says, "they aren't the same, Democrats are better, here's the evidence" and Nick and dewie come running to twist the words into "Democrats are perfect" so they don't have to admit that they are wrong, the parties are not the same.
    Yea dude. You caught me. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:
    This really is not cool. 
    I don't think it's out of line to call out a poster who is mischaracterizing other posters' opinions and stances based off a tiny sample of their posting history.  Everyone who's been here for a few years knows that "I’ve never seen or heard any complaint here about anything on the left." is absolutely false, and it's a bit ridiculous for someone new to posting to state it as fact.
    mfc2006 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:

I'm not saying that people can't comment - I think everyone has misread that. Sorry if i didn't express it well.

I'm saying that if someone has only been reading what people have posted the last couple of weeks, then they shouldn't be making a judgement of what posters "always" say, because it's not accurate. People complaining that posters never say anything negative about Dems based on reading two weeks of posts about the current situation is ridiculous. 
    I guess PM me when the right amount of time has passed for me to make that assumption. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    rgambs said:
    dignin said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    DewieCox said:

Exactly.

Yea dude. You caught me. 
    Red-handed.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    OK back on topic!

Florida last night finally envoked the "stay at home " policy.
    https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/04/01/coronavirus-florida-governor-issues-statewide-30-day-stay-at-home-order/

Hooray for them.  Make sure you vote that guy out of office after all this settles please.

I know 2 Floridians posted on here and they've been doing their part so I salute you.  The Governor though?  Nah man.
This discussion has been closed.