The coronavirus

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,386
    edited April 2020
    I agree, it is a process. I get stressed every time I go in to the kitchen. (Today I thought that life isn't even worth living like this.)  Damn, I thought if I left items for days/weeks they'd be okay. Now, I have a new worry about my freezer food. I am debating not refuelling on food or making due with the supplies I have and not getting more perishables. The kid wants some candy. She still thinks only old people die and we'll just have a flu symptoms. 

In January, when I was looking a PPE for our travels, I decided I wouldn't bother getting the adult hazmat suit, as there were none for my kid in child sizes. The best I could have done was get the kid a throwaway rain coat, like that picture, but in child size.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,831
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    A friend of mine claims that he heard on the news that if you freeze something with coronavirus on it, that it can live for up to two years.  I have not seen or heard anything that lends to the legitimacy of this.  This could be important because with many of us trying to avoid going to the grocery store often, stocking up on foods that you may end up freezing could be commonplace.  I wipe everything down from the store, but it's still worth knowing.  Has anyone heard this from a credible source?
    I haven’t but it’s good practice to wipe down your items before storing them ..
    Agreed.  I never thought bringing in groceries could be such a process lol

No doubt me neither I never thought I’d have to master the art of opening doors with my elbows! 
    I can't live my life that way. If I die because I didn't wipe down my Pop Tarts, then I guess I'll just have to die because I didn't wipe down my Pop Tarts.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • rgambs said:
    Thank you for giving us this day our daily Giesecke.
    Hahahaha.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    A friend of mine claims that he heard on the news that if you freeze something with coronavirus on it, that it can live for up to two years.  I have not seen or heard anything that lends to the legitimacy of this.  This could be important because with many of us trying to avoid going to the grocery store often, stocking up on foods that you may end up freezing could be commonplace.  I wipe everything down from the store, but it's still worth knowing.  Has anyone heard this from a credible source?

No doubt me neither I never thought I’d have to master the art of opening doors with my elbows! 

Haha!  Isn't that the truth.  My wife looks at me like I'm crazy because I use my elbows to turn on/off lights and turn on/off water.  That or the backs of my hands.  How the hell did we end up here?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    Even inside your home?

I wash my hands when I get home. And then I just live like normal IN MY PALACE.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MalrothMalroth Posts: 2,512
    Thanks to those of you that had input on shutting things down for a while.
    I have the next three days off (does anybody remember why)to figure some things out.

The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,565
    Malroth said:
    Thanks to those of you that had input on shutting things down for a while.
    I have the next three days off (does anybody remember why)to figure some things out.

I remember what you posted.  How's your elderly boss doing?

Good idea to take some time to make decisions.  Best wishes with whatever you decide.  Meanwhile, stay safe.  Same for everybody here!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Even inside your home?

I wash my hands when I get home. And then I just live like normal IN MY PALACE.
    The only place I go is my home lol.  I'm somewhat exaggerating the elbow usage, but I have done it from time to time.

edited April 2020
    edited April 2020
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I can't live my life that way. If I die because I didn't wipe down my Pop Tarts, then I guess I'll just have to die because I didn't wipe down my Pop Tarts.
    Kindboy, I think you've got the right attitude. I'm gonna try to relax with the washing 5 times when prepping a meal and live like a King in the Castle, like my friend E. 

Glad you are taking some time at home and lean into that first suggestion from Jose, to take every precaution you can, MrRoth.

I'm off to the beach. Book, puppy, PJ, blankie and ball. Enjoy the day!
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    Pearl Jam Community
    Donald Trump
    ikiTikiT
    2:53AM Flag
    He got spooked yesterday talking about impeachment.  SPOOKED. 

How many days is he going to tell the story of his great friend, "a little heavy", who went to a hospital, and now is in a coma.
    ikiTikiT
    2:53AM Flag
    Not where I come from it doesn't...

Donald J. Trump
    Invoke “P” means Defense Production Act!

9:29 AM - Mar 27, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    27K people are talking about this

ikiTikiT
    2:54AM Flag
    I think he got it.  Pence, too.
    vaggar99vaggar99
    5:56AM edited 5:57AM Flag
    Every Trump voter has blood on their hands and coronavirus on their face.  have a nice day.
    Post edited by vaggar99 at 5:57AM
    CM189191CM189191
    7:18AM Flag
    ikiT said:
    Not where I come from it doesn't...

Donald J. Trump
    Invoke “P” means Defense Production Act!

9:29 AM - Mar 27, 2020
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    27K people are talking about this

...the Trump administration has used the Defense Production Act reflexively over the past three years to prioritize orders it deemed necessary for national security, from rare earth metals to build lasers to body armor for Border Patrol agents. The Defense Department alone estimates that it uses the law’s powers around 300,000 times every year, while the Department of Homeland Security prioritized 1,000 orders in 2018 for disaster response efforts....

shameful

vaggar99vaggar99
    7:42AM Flag
    Anybody got an update on the Wall?  just checkin.
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive
    7:43AM Flag
    Can't believe this jerk is tooting his own horn at how great his administration's response has been in this time of crisis.
    He's shit.
    stuckinlinestuckinline
    8:19AM edited 8:19AM Flag
    Thoughts_Arrive said:
    Yeah Trump has looked flustered during this whole crisis, not his usual self.
    May be due to the fact he no longer can fly to Mar Largo and golf every weekend 
    josevolutionjosevolution
    10:14AM Flag
    The only time I wanna see this idiot on TV is when he announces he’s resigning!
    CM189191CM189191
    10:37AM Flag
    stuckinline said:
    » show previous quotes
    May be due to the fact he no longer can fly to Mar Largo and golf every weekend 
    Might be due to:

Untreated Neurosyphilis

Dementia or Alzheimer’s like tRUmp's dad Fred had

or Adderall abuse

Since tRUmp has never produced his medical records, we'll never know for certain. 
    Pretty safe to assume it's some combination of all three. 
    mrussel1mrussel1
    10:55AM Flag
    CM189191 said:
    » show previous quotes
    Might be due to:

Untreated Neurosyphilis

Dementia or Alzheimer’s like tRUmp's dad Fred had

or Adderall abuse

Since tRUmp has never produced his medical records, we'll never know for certain. 
    Pretty safe to assume it's some combination of all three. 
    It's really the only rational conclusion.  
    ikiTikiT
    12:00PM Flag
    it's mostly the ADDY.

SNNNNNNFFFF
    CM189191CM189191
    12:03PM Flag
    So I suppose this explains why tRUmp has been attacking MI Governor Whitmer:

The JugglerThe Juggler
    2:56PM Flag
    Anyone else concerned that this is going to give them an excuse to postpone the general election?\
    (sorry if already has been discussed--I've not been reading too closely lately)
    josevolutionjosevolution
    3:10PM Flag
    The Juggler said:
    Anyone else concerned that this is going to give them an excuse to postpone the general election?\
    (sorry if already has been discussed--I've not been reading too closely lately)
    They will def try it I’d say we can bank on it! I’m telling you everything will be in place for this to happen even if the precious Constitution says it cannot happen , Barr is trying to pass laws to squash any pushback from protesting this very thing..just my opinion 
    vaggar99vaggar99
    3:39PM Flag
    we need to escalate the war on drugs and we need to do it now!
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU
    3:44PM Flag
    vaggar99 said:
    we need to escalate the war on drugs and we need to do it now!
    I know, right. This is distraction 101. 
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU
    3:49PM edited 3:51PM Flag
    700+ Americans have died from covid 19 today, time for more interdiction of cocaine. 
    Priorities 
    Seriously,  wtf?
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU at 3:51PM
    josevolutionjosevolution
    3:52PM Flag
    YAKIMATSU said:
    700+ Americans have died today, time for more interdiction of cocaine. 
    Priorities 
    Seriously,  wtf?
    That’s like two or three plain crashes in one day and it will get to 9/11 numbers soon per day! 
    vaggar99vaggar99
    3:59PM Flag
    coronavirus, if you're listening.  i hear people who lots of cheeseburgers make the best hosts.
    YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU
    4:03PM Flag
    josevolution said:
    » show previous quotes
    That’s like two or three plain crashes in one day and it will get to 9/11 numbers soon per day! 
    And many people are in deep thought about the NFL draft or thinking about fall concert dates. 
    Priorities are seriously fucked. 
    Our band has an album with the greatest influence being climate change and still we fail to recognize that this came from an animal that was stressed out by climate change and developed a new illness. Blaming wet markets or China is stupid unless you consider the huge change we have all made on the environment. We all contributed to this. Now what do WE do?
    Take care of our planet and all life on it.
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    Sorry, IT is not good for me. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Same here
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow! Just wow! 
    Pop tarts versus life, fuck it pop tarts. Seriously,  priorities are beyond belief. 
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    YAKIMATSU said:
    lol 
    A for effort
    CM189191 said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    lol 
    A for effort
    Thanks. The last part was all I meant to post. I hope that we read, learn and realize it is we not me.
    "Other Countries tried to use the herd, or the herd mentality. It's just something that doesn't work. If you look at, I mean just to say, I heard Sweden gave it a shot. And they went... they saw things that were really frightening. And they went immediately to shutting down the country"
    - Donald Trump
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,565
    Because we are "seniors" (omg, I hate that term, lol) and somewhat at risk, we are taking several precautions- only going out infrequently for food and mail and a few things my wife must do to wrap up bookstore business until such time as she can re-open.  We disinfect anything that comes into the house and have kept distant from everyone except each other.  I am, however, reserving the right to pick my nose while at home.   :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Was pitching to my son in the front yard. He hit a few in the neighbors yard across the street. She comes out to get the mail, picks up three tennis balls and tosses them over to me. Ummm...maybe let me get them myself next time? Great neighbors, but c’mon. 
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,831
    YAKIMATSU said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow! Just wow! 
    Pop tarts versus life, fuck it pop tarts. Seriously,  priorities are beyond belief. 
    Or they just differ from yours....
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    YAKIMATSU said:
    dankind said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Wow! Just wow! 
    Or they just differ from yours....
    Maybe,  having been declared clinically dead with a blood clot on my brain last year, I think life is more important than pop tarts. I truly worry about those that don't. 
    I dunno, Yaki, I don't think we were prioritizing. I think we referred more to "how we live our lives"... "with death over our shoulders". Like, am I gonna live in fear of my food or just goddamn eat and what will be will be?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Good night folks I hope we can all make it through this together!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    bbiggs said:
    Was pitching to my son in the front yard. He hit a few in the neighbors yard across the street. She comes out to get the mail, picks up three tennis balls and tosses them over to me. Ummm...maybe let me get them myself next time? Great neighbors, but c’mon. 

Just disinfect them or let them sit for a few days. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    Well almost a week after his birthday I saw my son tonight.  We air hugged and air high fived.  It was so great seeing him.  I almost starting crying because I couldn’t hug him.
     I did want to say thank you to all you people here.  You all have definitely helped me get through this crazy period of life.  I love our big disfuctional international family. So a big cheers to you guys!! Drinking Pinot Grigio with ice of course!! Stay safe and healthy.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited April 2020
    Unfortunately debating with people that think pop tarts are even food is not worthy of thought. I will continue to promote we over me, though. Please stop blaming,  we need to use this opportunity to make the world better than it has been.  The environment and how we treat the planet are of utmost importance and continuing our current policies will,  eventually,  kill us all.
This discussion has been closed.