The coronavirus

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999

Has Trump condemned what Rush Limbaugh said about Dr. Fauci this week?

Asking for all the people who keep saying both sides are equally bad.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666
    And Fauci has been receiving death threats

but left = right
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    https://www.ny.gov/

Cuomo is on everyday at noon.
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ok so no one is to blame cool so the same can be said of no one takes responsibility correct? And who do you think will take credit when this is over? 
    Blah blah blah. I never said trump didn’t drop the ball holy shit. Cool down dude. Not everything is a personal political attack. I’m just saying both sides acted irresponsibly. That’s a fact. Hopefully we’ll all be better prepared for the next one. 
    lol both sides please tell me the sides or teams you speak of? Who will take responsibility for saving the world I’m asking a question..
    I wasn’t defending trump. I’m just showing how completely unprepared everyone was and how neither side took this seriously until it was too late. And of course he’ll claim he saved the world. We’re in the middle of it and all he does is talking about the terrific job he’s doing. It’s old news. His actions don’t shock or surprise me anymore. 

Here is my take.  Most of the Western World did not do a good job with this.  But....There is only one US President right now. There is only one WHite House Administration right now.  There is only one Republican controlled Senate. 

It is the President's job to lead, and then people follow.  The governors were left to fend for themselves and took the lead from the WHite House that this wasn't a big deal and was an impeachment hoax.  The different government organizations take the lead from the administration.   You can say everyone was unprepared, but there was information out there in Dec/Jan and the leader/party that is in power and asked for votes so they could be in power and in-charge failed to act soon enough.   If someone that works for me fails to start a project and the client gets mad, they are calling me because  it is my fault and failure to lead. 

Sure, we were unprepared before Trump took office.  But there were two months practically that the US failed to lead and take action. 

Not trying to poke the bear, but in all fairness the only thing the Democrats were focused on was the ongoing impeachment when the initial news broke. Not saying this is their fault, just stating that they had their minds elsewhere as well. I do agree with many of your points.

***This is not an endorsement for trump***

It sorta is. This was on March 9th. March 9.

See new Tweets

Tweet

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

Your recollection is vastly inaccurate. Think about that.
    I’m not following you on this. My comment was in response to the early news in Dec/Jan, and how nobody was really focusing on the looming pandemic because everyone was in impeachment mode. I don’t recall politicians or professionals calling for immediate action prior to the initial travel ban that was questioned at the time. This tweet obviously spread a false sense of security, but I don’t know how it relates to what I said or how what I said is seen as an endorsement.

The Democrats do not run the CDC or other agencies to prepare for a crisis like this. It is literally the presidents job to do so. So to create a comparison of what the democrats were doing in january is dangerously ignoring what the potus job was to do at that time. Go ahead and take a look at how Clinton handled his impeachment. He focused on his job. As recently as March 9 trump was not taking this seriously and there were significant delays in testing and shelter in place recommendations that will cost tens of thousands of lives. That has nothing to do with what democrats were doing up to feb 5.

That “false sense of security” is exactly what is costing lives.
    So we agree on the false sense of security, good. At the same time, Fauci has said the travel ban placed on January 31st saved tens of thousands of lives, but yet it was still met with harsh criticism. House Dems were pushing to pass the No Ban Act on March 12th, just 3 days after trump tweeted damaging information they were pushing to halt travel restrictions that were deemed as life saving by the NIAID. What if they had got the act passed, what would the current situation look like? See how this works? You see one side as responsible for everything and I choose to believe both parties have skin in the game. My viewpoint isn't an attack on you, it is your choice to believe whatever you want.
    Why did Team trump Treason wait 2-3 weeks before implementing the travel ban then? He was told by our intelligence agencies before the congressional intelligence committees were informed and prior to his Secretary of Health finally getting to him on January 18th. But yea, lets blame the dem house for an action taken on March 12th and intimate that both sides are bad. Only Bernie can save us. What if Team trump treason had done nothing? See how that works? Because he belatedly did something well after the cat was out of the bag, the dems are to be equally be blamed. Only one party controls the Executive Branch, the branch most equipped and able to handle and authorize a response to a pandemic.
    I can’t wait for the next democratic president. You all will finally get your trophy back and the rest of us won’t have to be reminded on a daily basis how upset you are. I’m done.
    I’m sorry the black guy ruined your life.
    Wow, really? Way to show your true colors.
    You’re the one claiming “both sides are the same side of bad,” not me.
    In what delusional world are you living in that would bring you to the assumption that someones skin color has anything to do with my feelings on our government as a whole? Do yourself a favor and take your hate elsewhere before you come off any more distasteful than you already have.
    What delusional world are you living in that the two major political parties in the US are the same side of bad. Distasteful? Yea, racism is distasteful and I voted for and supported Obama throughout and continue to do so. Your blame and resentment is misguided and misdirected but you keep being you. Hate is a strong word. I dislike your opinions.
    I am okay with you disliking my opinions, but you assuming racism was below the belt and yes, distasteful. Choosing to hold all elected officials to the same standard regardless of political affiliation is what I will continue to do, I think it is irresponsible to do otherwise. My opinion has not changed in the last 20 years and I am not going to be influenced by the opinions of others on a rock bands forum. Back and forth is fine, all I ask is to keep it clean. If I met you at a show I wouldn't think twice to buy you a beer and show you that people with different views can still get along. One thing we have in common brought us here, I think it is important that we remember that. Now back to CoVid-19 talk.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,181
    Has Team Trump Treason condemned the guy who purposely derailed a train near the hospital ship Mercy because of a conspiracy theory yet? How about Moscow Mitchy Baby or VP Pence? “Democrat hoax.” Yup, both sides are the same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424

Has Trump condemned what Rush Limbaugh said about Dr. Fauci this week?

Asking for all the people who keep saying both sides are equally bad.
    We know Trump and Limbaugh are shit bags. What’s the point? 

MayDay10 said:

but left = right
    From republican politicians? I don’t personally know any republicans that are doling out death threats or are ok with it. Extremists on both sides are equally as psychotic. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,279
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right
    How many people have been beat up for simply wearing a MAGA hat? Maniacs are on both sides. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Damn.  This thread has gone sideways.  I'm personally going to step aside for a while to let everyone discuss Trump, both sides, etc.  Be safe and healthy, everyone!
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right
    How many people have been beat up for simply wearing a MAGA hat? Maniacs are on both sides. 

CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

Deflect. He clearly said both sides.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    bbiggs said:
    Damn.  This thread has gone sideways.  I'm personally going to step aside for a while to let everyone discuss Trump, both sides, etc.  Be safe and healthy, everyone!
    My big decision right now is to where to order take out from Saturday night.  What about you?  
    Oh very big news: we have really weird alcohol laws in NJ; the governor just relaxed the laws and breweries can now make home deliveries! 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    Why are there still cruise ships allowed to depart? And who would want to get one one? 
    Reminds me of Bill Burr’s jokes about cruise ships and the type of people who go on them. And his solution is the government just bombs and sinks them all.

Also, Frontier just announced all flights are $11 just in case your interested is sitting in a virus tube. Why not close at that point, they have to be losing a lot of money at that price.
    Here is an informative video on the subject from the most prominent coronavirus expert in South Korea. It is subtitled, but well worth the watch for those who welcome multiple perspectives.

CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

Clearly said both sides. Nice try though. I guess you’re saying the lesser of two evils? If that’s even a thing. And are you saying every republican is a racist clan member? I’m not really sure what you’re saying. 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mace1229 said:
    Why are there still cruise ships allowed to depart? And who would want to get one one? 
    Reminds me of Bill Burr’s jokes about cruise ships and the type of people who go on them. And his solution is the government just bombs and sinks them all.

Also, Frontier just announced all flights are $11 just in case your interested is sitting in a virus tube. Why not close at that point, they have to be losing a lot of money at that price.
    A bunch of the planes are empty though, it's very tempting.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    edited April 2020
    rgambs said:
    mace1229 said:

A bunch of the planes are empty though, it's very tempting.
    Listen to Greta. Don't fly. Don't go skiing in italy and bring back corona. etc.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,567
    bbiggs said:

I'm with you, b. 

But before I go, I'm going to recommend this hour eleven video again.  Maybe some of you will see why working together may be our only chance for survival.  Yes, there are some political idiots out there and fuck them and all that, but we need to get past the politics and get with science and work together and fix some shit.  Dr. Hotez here at one point talks about how he used to be able to work with both sides of the isle to help deal with widespread disease and how he would really like to do that again and if we don't... well, basically he said (in more polite words) we are fucked.

Coming here has been a real downer this morning folks.  Take care, be safe. 

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,639
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Yeah that governor is a fucking idiot of the highest order.  He only is doing it because the asswipe in Chief (who isn't to blame, there are two sides lol) changed his tone
    Also, the fool said that the virus was around during super bowl in his state

People like this are baffling.  What idiots support them?

Way to go Governor.

NY and NJ governors doing a good job fighting this absent any leadership from the feds.  

Gotta keep fighting 
    So many deaths and it is going to increase.

Deblasio is an ass.
    Agree.  Cuomo is the man.
    Murphy is doing his thing as well.
    He's not the camera politician Cuomo clearly is but I think he is providing solid leadership and is front and center in (smart) efforts to help and prepare for the shitstorm that is coming.
    Definitely agree, Murphy is doing an outstanding job during this crisis. He keeps saying mid-May...ugh.  I think I'll be remote teaching for a while.   
    Yup. I teach college and all of the summer classes at CUNY are going to continue to be taught online. Who know what will happen in the Fall semester. I feel bad for the students who are not going to get a graduation ceremony this year.

• CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

Clearly said both sides. Nice try though. I guess you’re saying the lesser of two evils? If that’s even a thing. And are you saying every republican is a racist clan member? I’m not really sure what you’re saying. 

Every Republican is not be a racist clan member. But I'm sure it's pure coincidence that every racist clan member just happens to be a Republican.

Here's a fun exercise: There's 12 racists sitting at a table eating lunch and saying racist-y type stuff.  Someone comes along and joins them, sits down and starts eating lunch with the 12 racists, but doesn't say a word.  Now how many racists are there at the table?

So, how many people have been beat up for simply wearing a MAGA hat?  I have yet to see or hear or read about this.
    23scidoo said:
    So, the US is "stealing" supplies from France and Canada? 

No loyalty and humanity in a crisis I guess
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Z sea 23scidoo said:
    So, the US is "stealing" supplies from France and Canada? 

No loyalty and humanity in a crisis I guess
    Within a few weeks I suspect Ontario and Canada in general will be producing their own PPE and ventilators...the great manufacturers of Ontario are retooling and are starting to churn out what will be  needed.

We get shit done over here in a crisis...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

Every Republican is not be a racist clan member. But I'm sure it's pure coincidence that every racist clan member just happens to be a Republican.

Here's a fun exercise: There's 12 racists sitting at a table eating lunch and saying racist-y type stuff.  Someone comes along and joins them, sits down and starts eating lunch with the 12 racists, but doesn't say a word.  Now how many racists are there at the table?

So, how many people have been beat up for simply wearing a MAGA hat?  I have yet to see or hear or read about this.
    Here's a fun exercise: There are 12 blind people sitting at a table eating lunch. Someone comes along and joins them, sits down and starts eating lunch, but has perfect vision. Now how many blind people are there at the table? 
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Ontario Premier says Ontario will no longer rely on the world for our PPE.  Wants PPE  manufactured in Canada.  Time to bring manufacturing back to these shores...fuck those evil bastards in China...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • KatKat Posts: 4,831
    I like the idea of bringing manufacturing back to these shores. :)

Here is something distracting, very enjoyable. Hope all enjoy.

https://youtu.be/FiXgBBA0wT0

Falling down,...not staying down
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    CM189191 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    MayDay10 said:

but left = right

You’ve yet to believe any of those stories. They must have been doing something to get beat up right? Couldn’t just be for wearing a hat? Right? 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    NJ up to 25,590 confirmed cases.  Maybe i'll see my parents sometime in late August.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,666

MayDay10 said:

but left = right
    From republican politicians? I don’t personally know any republicans that are doling out death threats or are ok with it. Extremists on both sides are equally as psychotic. 
    It is a result from mixed and dangerous signals from the white house.  Trump seems to be hedging his bets by saying that we need to go out there and not halt the economy, and be normal by Easter...  but the meaney scientist-know-it-all-probably-socialist guys are making him put 6 million people out of jobs.  Also not giving any clear Federal mandate (which should have been done weeks ago and will cost many lives and prolong the inability to start up society.  

And you have a very mainstream radio host (who was just awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom) plainly saying this is all phony and we are throwing away $22 trillion of GDP.  Fauci (and Birx) are the face of the responsible decision to shut down.  
This discussion has been closed.