• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,177
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ok so no one is to blame cool so the same can be said of no one takes responsibility correct? And who do you think will take credit when this is over? 
    Blah blah blah. I never said trump didn’t drop the ball holy shit. Cool down dude. Not everything is a personal political attack. I’m just saying both sides acted irresponsibly. That’s a fact. Hopefully we’ll all be better prepared for the next one. 
    lol both sides please tell me the sides or teams you speak of? Who will take responsibility for saving the world I’m asking a question..
    I wasn’t defending trump. I’m just showing how completely unprepared everyone was and how neither side took this seriously until it was too late. And of course he’ll claim he saved the world. We’re in the middle of it and all he does is talking about the terrific job he’s doing. It’s old news. His actions don’t shock or surprise me anymore. 

Here is my take.  Most of the Western World did not do a good job with this.  But....There is only one US President right now. There is only one WHite House Administration right now.  There is only one Republican controlled Senate. 

It is the President's job to lead, and then people follow.  The governors were left to fend for themselves and took the lead from the WHite House that this wasn't a big deal and was an impeachment hoax.  The different government organizations take the lead from the administration.   You can say everyone was unprepared, but there was information out there in Dec/Jan and the leader/party that is in power and asked for votes so they could be in power and in-charge failed to act soon enough.   If someone that works for me fails to start a project and the client gets mad, they are calling me because  it is my fault and failure to lead. 

Sure, we were unprepared before Trump took office.  But there were two months practically that the US failed to lead and take action. 

Not trying to poke the bear, but in all fairness the only thing the Democrats were focused on was the ongoing impeachment when the initial news broke. Not saying this is their fault, just stating that they had their minds elsewhere as well. I do agree with many of your points.

***This is not an endorsement for trump***

It sorta is. This was on March 9th. March 9.

See new Tweets

Tweet

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

Your recollection is vastly inaccurate. Think about that.
    I’m not following you on this. My comment was in response to the early news in Dec/Jan, and how nobody was really focusing on the looming pandemic because everyone was in impeachment mode. I don’t recall politicians or professionals calling for immediate action prior to the initial travel ban that was questioned at the time. This tweet obviously spread a false sense of security, but I don’t know how it relates to what I said or how what I said is seen as an endorsement.

The Democrats do not run the CDC or other agencies to prepare for a crisis like this. It is literally the presidents job to do so. So to create a comparison of what the democrats were doing in january is dangerously ignoring what the potus job was to do at that time. Go ahead and take a look at how Clinton handled his impeachment. He focused on his job. As recently as March 9 trump was not taking this seriously and there were significant delays in testing and shelter in place recommendations that will cost tens of thousands of lives. That has nothing to do with what democrats were doing up to feb 5.

That “false sense of security” is exactly what is costing lives.
    So we agree on the false sense of security, good. At the same time, Fauci has said the travel ban placed on January 31st saved tens of thousands of lives, but yet it was still met with harsh criticism. House Dems were pushing to pass the No Ban Act on March 12th, just 3 days after trump tweeted damaging information they were pushing to halt travel restrictions that were deemed as life saving by the NIAID. What if they had got the act passed, what would the current situation look like? See how this works? You see one side as responsible for everything and I choose to believe both parties have skin in the game. My viewpoint isn't an attack on you, it is your choice to believe whatever you want.
    Why did Team trump Treason wait 2-3 weeks before implementing the travel ban then? He was told by our intelligence agencies before the congressional intelligence committees were informed and prior to his Secretary of Health finally getting to him on January 18th. But yea, lets blame the dem house for an action taken on March 12th and intimate that both sides are bad. Only Bernie can save us. What if Team trump treason had done nothing? See how that works? Because he belatedly did something well after the cat was out of the bag, the dems are to be equally be blamed. Only one party controls the Executive Branch, the branch most equipped and able to handle and authorize a response to a pandemic.
    I can’t wait for the next democratic president. You all will finally get your trophy back and the rest of us won’t have to be reminded on a daily basis how upset you are. I’m done.
    I’m sorry the black guy ruined your life.
    Wow, really? Way to show your true colors.
    You’re the one claiming “both sides are the same side of bad,” not me.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    edited April 2020
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Ok so no one is to blame cool so the same can be said of no one takes responsibility correct? And who do you think will take credit when this is over? 
    Blah blah blah. I never said trump didn’t drop the ball holy shit. Cool down dude. Not everything is a personal political attack. I’m just saying both sides acted irresponsibly. That’s a fact. Hopefully we’ll all be better prepared for the next one. 
    lol both sides please tell me the sides or teams you speak of? Who will take responsibility for saving the world I’m asking a question..
    I wasn’t defending trump. I’m just showing how completely unprepared everyone was and how neither side took this seriously until it was too late. And of course he’ll claim he saved the world. We’re in the middle of it and all he does is talking about the terrific job he’s doing. It’s old news. His actions don’t shock or surprise me anymore. 

Here is my take.  Most of the Western World did not do a good job with this.  But....There is only one US President right now. There is only one WHite House Administration right now.  There is only one Republican controlled Senate. 

It is the President's job to lead, and then people follow.  The governors were left to fend for themselves and took the lead from the WHite House that this wasn't a big deal and was an impeachment hoax.  The different government organizations take the lead from the administration.   You can say everyone was unprepared, but there was information out there in Dec/Jan and the leader/party that is in power and asked for votes so they could be in power and in-charge failed to act soon enough.   If someone that works for me fails to start a project and the client gets mad, they are calling me because  it is my fault and failure to lead. 

Sure, we were unprepared before Trump took office.  But there were two months practically that the US failed to lead and take action. 

Not trying to poke the bear, but in all fairness the only thing the Democrats were focused on was the ongoing impeachment when the initial news broke. Not saying this is their fault, just stating that they had their minds elsewhere as well. I do agree with many of your points.

See new Tweets

Tweet

So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!

I’m not following you on this. My comment was in response to the early news in Dec/Jan, and how nobody was really focusing on the looming pandemic because everyone was in impeachment mode. I don’t recall politicians or professionals calling for immediate action prior to the initial travel ban that was questioned at the time. This tweet obviously spread a false sense of security, but I don’t know how it relates to what I said or how what I said is seen as an endorsement.

The Democrats do not run the CDC or other agencies to prepare for a crisis like this. It is literally the presidents job to do so. So to create a comparison of what the democrats were doing in january is dangerously ignoring what the potus job was to do at that time. Go ahead and take a look at how Clinton handled his impeachment. He focused on his job. As recently as March 9 trump was not taking this seriously and there were significant delays in testing and shelter in place recommendations that will cost tens of thousands of lives. That has nothing to do with what democrats were doing up to feb 5.

So we agree on the false sense of security, good. At the same time, Fauci has said the travel ban placed on January 31st saved tens of thousands of lives, but yet it was still met with harsh criticism. House Dems were pushing to pass the No Ban Act on March 12th, just 3 days after trump tweeted damaging information they were pushing to halt travel restrictions that were deemed as life saving by the NIAID. What if they had got the act passed, what would the current situation look like? See how this works? You see one side as responsible for everything and I choose to believe both parties have skin in the game. My viewpoint isn't an attack on you, it is your choice to believe whatever you want.
    Why did Team trump Treason wait 2-3 weeks before implementing the travel ban then? He was told by our intelligence agencies before the congressional intelligence committees were informed and prior to his Secretary of Health finally getting to him on January 18th. But yea, lets blame the dem house for an action taken on March 12th and intimate that both sides are bad. Only Bernie can save us. What if Team trump treason had done nothing? See how that works? Because he belatedly did something well after the cat was out of the bag, the dems are to be equally be blamed. Only one party controls the Executive Branch, the branch most equipped and able to handle and authorize a response to a pandemic.
    I can’t wait for the next democratic president. You all will finally get your trophy back and the rest of us won’t have to be reminded on a daily basis how upset you are. I’m done.
    no joke.  This country's ignorance and racism is truly what is bringing us down.  make no mistake.  We have Donald Trump because millions of Americans can not stand outspoken, intelligent people, let alone black ones.  i'd say you get what you deserve.  but they fucked us all.  
    Post edited by vaggar99 on
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,279
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

See new Tweets

Tweet

Wow. Ha 
    mcgruff10 said:
    China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak, U.S. Intelligence Says
    Nick Wadhams and Jennifer Jacobs
    BloombergApril 1, 2020, 1:21 PM EDT
    China Concealed Extent of Virus Outbreak US Intelligence Says

(Bloomberg) -- China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and they declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.

The report was received by the White House last week, one of the officials said.

The outbreak began in China’s Hubei province in late 2019, but the country has publicly reported only about 82,000 cases and 3,300 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. That compares to more than 189,000 cases and more than 4,000 deaths in the U.S., which has the largest publicly reported outbreak in the world.

Communications staff at the White House and the Chinese embassy in Washington didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

“The reality is that we could have been better off if China had been more forthcoming,” Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday on CNN. “What appears evident now is that long before the world learned in December that China was dealing with this, and maybe as much as a month earlier than that, that the outbreak was real in China.

While China eventually imposed a strict lockdown beyond those of less autocratic nations, there has been considerable skepticism toward China’s reported numbers, both outside and within the country. The Chinese government has repeatedly revised its methodology for counting cases, for weeks excluding people without symptoms entirely, and only on Tuesday added more than 1,500 asymptomatic cases to its total.

Stacks of thousands of urns outside funeral homes in Hubei province have driven public doubt in Beijing’s reporting.

Republican lawmakers in the U.S. have been particularly harsh about China’s role in the outbreak. Enhancing Beijing’s role in the pandemic could be politically helpful to President Donald Trump, who has sought to shift blame for the U.S. outbreak away from his administration’s delays in achieving widespread testing for the virus and mobilizing greater production of supplies such as face masks and hospital ventilators.

“The claim that the United States has more coronavirus deaths than China is false,” Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican, said in a statement after Bloomberg News published its report. “Without commenting on any classified information, this much is painfully obvious: The Chinese Communist Party has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie about coronavirus to protect the regime.”

Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to the outbreak, said Tuesday that China’s public reporting influenced assumptions elsewhere in the world about the nature of the virus.

“The medical community made -- interpreted the Chinese data as: This was serious, but smaller than anyone expected,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday. “Because I think probably we were missing a significant amount of the data, now that what we see happened to Italy and see what happened to Spain.”

China isn’t the only country with suspect public reporting. Western officials have pointed to Iran, Russia, Indonesia and especially North Korea, which has not reported a single case of the disease, as probable under-counts. Others including Saudi Arabia and Egypt may also be playing down their numbers.

U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has publicly urged China and other nations to be transparent about their outbreaks. He has repeatedly accused China of covering up the extent of the problem and being slow to share information, especially in the weeks after the virus first emerged, and blocking offers of help from American experts.

“This data set matters,” he said at a news conference in Washington on Tuesday. The development of medical therapies and public-health measures to combat the virus “so that we can save lives depends on the ability to have confidence and information about what has actually transpired,” he said.

“I would urge every nation: Do your best to collect the data. Do your best to share that information,” he said. “We’re doing that.”

If the world knew about it in December, why did Team Trump Treason wait until the end of January to implement a travel ban from China?
    When he did it, did you think it was a good move? Did you think it wasn’t soon enough? Did you think it was wrong because it was racist? 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

See new Tweets

Tweet

In what delusional world are you living in that would bring you to the assumption that someones skin color has anything to do with my feelings on our government as a whole? Do yourself a favor and take your hate elsewhere before you come off any more distasteful than you already have.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    edited April 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

(Bloomberg) -- China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three U.S. officials.

The officials asked not to be identified because the report is secret, and they declined to detail its contents. But the thrust, they said, is that China’s public reporting on cases and deaths is intentionally incomplete. Two of the officials said the report concludes that China’s numbers are fake.

The report was received by the White House last week, one of the officials said.

The outbreak began in China’s Hubei province in late 2019, but the country has publicly reported only about 82,000 cases and 3,300 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. That compares to more than 189,000 cases and more than 4,000 deaths in the U.S., which has the largest publicly reported outbreak in the world.

Communications staff at the White House and the Chinese embassy in Washington didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

“The reality is that we could have been better off if China had been more forthcoming,” Vice President Mike Pence said Wednesday on CNN. “What appears evident now is that long before the world learned in December that China was dealing with this, and maybe as much as a month earlier than that, that the outbreak was real in China.

While China eventually imposed a strict lockdown beyond those of less autocratic nations, there has been considerable skepticism toward China’s reported numbers, both outside and within the country. The Chinese government has repeatedly revised its methodology for counting cases, for weeks excluding people without symptoms entirely, and only on Tuesday added more than 1,500 asymptomatic cases to its total.

Stacks of thousands of urns outside funeral homes in Hubei province have driven public doubt in Beijing’s reporting.

Republican lawmakers in the U.S. have been particularly harsh about China’s role in the outbreak. Enhancing Beijing’s role in the pandemic could be politically helpful to President Donald Trump, who has sought to shift blame for the U.S. outbreak away from his administration’s delays in achieving widespread testing for the virus and mobilizing greater production of supplies such as face masks and hospital ventilators.

“The claim that the United States has more coronavirus deaths than China is false,” Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican, said in a statement after Bloomberg News published its report. “Without commenting on any classified information, this much is painfully obvious: The Chinese Communist Party has lied, is lying, and will continue to lie about coronavirus to protect the regime.”

Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to the outbreak, said Tuesday that China’s public reporting influenced assumptions elsewhere in the world about the nature of the virus.

“The medical community made -- interpreted the Chinese data as: This was serious, but smaller than anyone expected,” she said at a news conference on Tuesday. “Because I think probably we were missing a significant amount of the data, now that what we see happened to Italy and see what happened to Spain.”

China isn’t the only country with suspect public reporting. Western officials have pointed to Iran, Russia, Indonesia and especially North Korea, which has not reported a single case of the disease, as probable under-counts. Others including Saudi Arabia and Egypt may also be playing down their numbers.

U.S. Secretary of State Michael Pompeo has publicly urged China and other nations to be transparent about their outbreaks. He has repeatedly accused China of covering up the extent of the problem and being slow to share information, especially in the weeks after the virus first emerged, and blocking offers of help from American experts.

“This data set matters,” he said at a news conference in Washington on Tuesday. The development of medical therapies and public-health measures to combat the virus “so that we can save lives depends on the ability to have confidence and information about what has actually transpired,” he said.

“I would urge every nation: Do your best to collect the data. Do your best to share that information,” he said. “We’re doing that.”

If the world knew about it in December, why did Team Trump Treason wait until the end of January to implement a travel ban from China?
    When he did it, did you think it was a good move? Did you think it wasn’t soon enough? Did you think it was wrong because it was racist? 
    I definitely thought it was a good move at the time but many people did think it was racist.   Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish this was the first move of many to combat covid19.   Too bad trump downplayed it from there.  
    My Neighbor update: 21 days in a coma.  Still critical but stable.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • vaggar99vaggar99 Posts: 3,427
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

See new Tweets

Tweet

In what delusional world are you living in that would bring you to the assumption that someones skin color has anything to do with my feelings on our government as a whole? Do yourself a favor and take your hate elsewhere before you come off any more distasteful than you already have.
    BIRTHERISM.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    edited April 2020
    Poster looks into home plate at Thread Topic.  Here's the wind up... and the pitch...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    Don't know anything about Andrew Cuomo. 

But he is a fucking rock at his daily updates. Like A President in a Michael Bay film rock.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    JW269453 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

See new Tweets

Tweet

What delusional world are you living in that the two major political parties in the US are the same side of bad. Distasteful? Yea, racism is distasteful and I voted for and supported Obama throughout and continue to do so. Your blame and resentment is misguided and misdirected but you keep being you. Hate is a strong word. I dislike your opinions.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    brianlux said:
    Poster looks into home plate at Thread Topic.  Here's the wind up... and the pitch...

Only a matter of time before this thread turned into one of the dozens of Trump threads in AMT.  If the coronavirus thread on the porch didn’t get shut down, I’d be following there simply for that reason. It’s exhausting. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I didn’t think it was racist but I didn’t understand why it was just China. People traveling from China come to the US via other countries and go to other countries and then to the US.  I also had no idea what planning or consultations with other countries had taken place so it seemed more knee jerk blame China than a well thought out strategy in coordination with our allies. “The world knew in December” yet the China travel ban was late January. When was the EU travel ban and closing of our borders announced?

Brilliantati©
    bbiggs said:
    brianlux said:

Only a matter of time before this thread turned into one of the dozens of Trump threads in AMT.  If the coronavirus thread on the porch didn’t get shut down, I’d be following there simply for that reason. It’s exhausting. 
    +1.  Let's leave the Trump/Obama politics out of this.  
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,125
    Hell here in NY a major hub for people from every corner of earth do people really believe this virus was not already here by the time the no flights from China was issued , it was already to late to totally contain it!!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    nicknyr15 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

I didn’t think it was racist but I didn’t understand why it was just China. People traveling from China come to the US via other countries and go to other countries and then to the US.  I also had no idea what planning or consultations with other countries had taken place so it seemed more knee jerk blame China than a well thought out strategy in coordination with our allies. “The world knew in December” yet the China travel ban was late January. When was the EU travel ban and closing of our borders announced?
    Fair points. Thanks for answering. Damn, it feels good having a conversation 👍🏼
    edited April 2020
    Hell here in NY a major hub for people from every corner of earth do people really believe this virus was not already here by the time the no flights from China was issued , it was already to late to totally contain it!!
    As Johan Giesecke says - closing borders is a "swing into thin air", if you already have a virus spreading by itself in your community.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Here comes some more about a well known person.

https://youtu.be/P8AJchFLqlg
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,561
    bbiggs said:
    brianlux said:

Yes, b, both coronavirus and Trump news are exhausting!  And yet I keep up with both because I want to know what's going on, plus I guess I'm always looking for that elusive silver lining.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    Thanks for posting this. Recommended reading. It isn't simply a typical list of contradictory Trump quotes. It is a pretty interesting timeline with some info graphics of confirmed cases & deaths, as well as little stock market charts for each phase of Trump's (mis)management of this pandemic along with his ever-changing public posturing. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    As Johan Giesecke says - closing borders is a "swing into thin air", if you already have a virus spreading by itself in your community.
    Totally agree there’s whole communities of Chinese Americans living in Queens N.Y. the chances that someone traveled to China and back during the month of December are really good like 100%
    jeffbr said:
    Thanks for posting this. Recommended reading. It isn't simply a typical list of contradictory Trump quotes. It is a pretty interesting timeline with some info graphics of confirmed cases & deaths, as well as little stock market charts for each phase of Trump's (mis)management of this pandemic along with his ever-changing public posturing. 
    And the WaPo has made Coronavirus coverage free so no paywall.

Brilliantati©
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    mfc2006 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just when I think he can't go any lower he does.  President Trump is such a POS:  
    “For whatever reason, New York got off to a very late start and you see what happens when you get off to a late start," Trump said during his daily White House news conference. "New Jersey got off to — and I think both governors are doing an excellent job now but they got off to a very late start.”

A spokesman for New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy responded Tuesday night by saying the New Jersey governor “was far ahead of the federal government in responding swiftly and decisively to the spread of COVID-19."

“If anything, the federal government has been following his lead,” Mahen Gunaratna, Murphy’s communications director, said in a statement to NJ Advance Media.

And Cuomo’s communications director, Dani Lever, responded to Trump’s comments by saying: “This is not the time to debate, but the states were not slow to respond — the federal government was absent.”

POS President. Fuck him.
    Agreed. Fuck him. When this thing started in the US in Washington State, our governor, Jay Inslee was essentially alone on an island yelling for help from the Feds, while Trump was telling us it would go from 15 to zero and that even if people got COVID-19 it would be mild and they should keep going to work. I can tell you that without solid leadership from some governors at the state level, this would have been WAY worse than it is. Trump had to be pulled kicking and screaming into doing something about this, and only did so after it was too late. Every hour matters with this (or any) pandemic. Every delay results in death. Every indecision or denial of reality means exponentially more community spread. Anyone who thinks that Trump has shown leadership during this pandemic has their head way up their ass. Big thanks to the governors with the guts and fortitude to take on the virus and the Feds at the same time. They should not have to be fighting two big battles concurrently, but they are. Trump faces the first real crisis of his presidency (at least the first one that he didn't initially create) and he fell on his face. People are dying, the virus is spreading like wildfire, we are still unprepared as far as tests, PPE, ventilators. All of his bragging rights went up in smoke as well - unemployment back to pre-Trump days. The markets back to pre-Trump days. He's got nothing left to hang his hat on. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    I would think it is better to keep more people out who could potentially have and spread covid19.  
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Thank you for giving us this day our daily Giesecke.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    In these coronation times, many may feel anxious about going out, choosing instead to stay home. This is something that Johan Giesecke strongly discourages.

- There are a lot of people sitting at home and you shouldn't do that. You should go out and walk in the spring sun. Take fresh air. Bring a friend and walk with a meter between you. Don't hug the neighbor. Bring a thermos and sit on a park bench. It is dangerous for the health to just sit at home too, he says in the Morning Studio.

Regarding alarmism and public voices saying that one must stay completely isolated, Johan Giesecke replies:

- But that must be possible, also outside? Choose a park, round people and not walk into them.

"Seems a little exaggerated"
    Recently, Germany introduced new rules that stop public gatherings in the public environment with more than two people.

- It seems a little exaggerated. Infecting people outdoors you don't have to think too much about. The spread outdoors is small, children are kept outside in kindergartens for the reason of not infecting each other.

So when can you expect the corona crisis to be over?

- That is impossible to know. But my gut says it will calm down at the end of May. This is based on the fact that I have been dealing with infection protection for 40 years. This is the fifth major pandemic in the world that has hit Sweden that I have been involved with, ”he says.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-01/pentagon-seeking-100-000-body-bags-for-civilians-in-virus-crisis
    The body bags have already been ordered I don’t think there’s any back orders in these!

A friend of mine claims that he heard on the news that if you freeze something with coronavirus on it, that it can live for up to two years.  I have not seen or heard anything that lends to the legitimacy of this.  This could be important because with many of us trying to avoid going to the grocery store often, stocking up on foods that you may end up freezing could be commonplace.  I wipe everything down from the store, but it's still worth knowing.  Has anyone heard this from a credible source?
    bbiggs said:
    A friend of mine claims that he heard on the news that if you freeze something with coronavirus on it, that it can live for up to two years.  I have not seen or heard anything that lends to the legitimacy of this.  This could be important because with many of us trying to avoid going to the grocery store often, stocking up on foods that you may end up freezing could be commonplace.  I wipe everything down from the store, but it's still worth knowing.  Has anyone heard this from a credible source?
    I haven’t but it’s good practice to wipe down your items before storing them ..
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed.  I never thought bringing in groceries could be such a process lol

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed.  I never thought bringing in groceries could be such a process lol

No doubt me neither I never thought I’d have to master the art of opening doors with my elbows! 
This discussion has been closed.