The coronavirus

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I am seeing 5 or 6 new york plated vehicles headed west every night. last couple of days with uhaul equipment too.   

and that's just between columbus and indy on I-70

Comments such as those coming from the FL governor where NYers are being treated like we all have the plague are deplorable (not saying that’s your comment, it is an interesting observation you provided). NY kept it’s borders open to the world while this virus was brewing. Any state that had residents pass thru NY from overseas during 2020 should respect that benefit it received and share responsibility and community.
    have no doubt. they'll take your dollars and retirees but..... seems most of these gop trump asslicker governors really dropped the ball believing douchefuck.

finding it odd its just NY vehicles . No NJ or CT..
    Florida is still not preaching the act of social distancing.  

What is THAT state going to look like in a few weeks?
    Well I'm here Palm Beach County and I practice social distancing fir sure. I go to work, which is overnight and I'm hardly ever close to my coworkers. I work with 5 others in a wholesale club, I leave wipe my car down with disinfectant wipes. Then drive straight home and I don't leave till its time to go back to work.

I don't go check the mail till two in the morning, i do not want any part of this virus.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002
    g under p said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    I am seeing 5 or 6 new york plated vehicles headed west every night. last couple of days with uhaul equipment too.   

Comments such as those coming from the FL governor where NYers are being treated like we all have the plague are deplorable (not saying that’s your comment, it is an interesting observation you provided). NY kept it’s borders open to the world while this virus was brewing. Any state that had residents pass thru NY from overseas during 2020 should respect that benefit it received and share responsibility and community.
    have no doubt. they'll take your dollars and retirees but..... seems most of these gop trump asslicker governors really dropped the ball believing douchefuck.

Well I'm here Palm Beach County and I practice social distancing fir sure. I go to work, which is overnight and I'm hardly ever close to my coworkers. I work with 5 others in a wholesale club, I leave wipe my car down with disinfectant wipes. Then drive straight home and I don't leave till its time to go back to work.

I don't go check the mail till two in the morning, i do not want any part of this virus.

Peace
    Well at least one person is!
    riotgrl said:
    Not saying I believe the Chinese numbers but if you look at how extreme their measures were to contain it then the numbers would still be lower than what other countries are reporting even with their higher population just because their measures were so extreme.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/04/01/coronavirus-covid-19-china-radical-measures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/
    I do find their numbers hard to believe.

There was an article about cell phone usage in China and that there are 20 million LESS cell phones in use now.

Take that for what it's worth but it is a link to something.

There was an article about cell phone usage in China and that there are 20 million LESS cell phones in use now.

Crickets on this?
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,279
    riotgrl said:
    Not saying I believe the Chinese numbers but if you look at how extreme their measures were to contain it then the numbers would still be lower than what other countries are reporting even with their higher population just because their measures were so extreme.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/04/01/coronavirus-covid-19-china-radical-measures-lockdowns-mass-quarantines/2938374001/

Crickets on this?
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    If you want a response, you must include the name “Trump” in there somewhere. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    nicknyr15 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    Or maybe a source so people interested can read up on it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,173
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    Governments not admitting to their fuck ups and withholding information from the public is not new. I don’t believe shit coming from China or Team Trump Treason.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    nicknyr15 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    Or a meme or gif.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

Yeah, there is probably something to this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    nicknyr15 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    Or a meme or gif.
    Be better.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited April 2020
    mfc2006 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

How many people from other countries etc were forced out of China when this started, who had cell phones in China?

Or is that 20 million less in the Wuhan area?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    mfc2006 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

As in, what? 

Seems most likely due to economic factors rather than deaths, if that's what people are assuming. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    I wonder why these bonkers conspiracy theories are always promulgated most strongly by those who have zero understanding of the science behind the issues, rather than, for instance, virologists who study how new viruses develop. 
    mfc2006 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

Posted a Bloomberg article.
    I wonder why these bonkers conspiracy theories are always promulgated most strongly by those who have zero understanding of the science behind the issues, rather than, for instance, virologists who study how new viruses develop. 
    Do you believe that a country with over a billion people had less deaths than a country that has a 1/10th of their population is telling you the truth?
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,022
    edited April 2020
    g under p said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

Peace
    Well at least one person is!
    Here in Miami we do have orders of non essential businesses to be closed, curfew, and safer at home mandates. Our governor is leaving it up to the local city and county officials to make the calls. He continues to stand by the fact that the WH is not recommending a state order at the moment (though he is getting a ton of pressure from all other public health officials). Our beaches, marinas, and parks have all been closed. I think majority of the residents here are taking this quite serious IMO. The majority of the irresponsible spring breakers that were out partying and gathering at the beginning of the month are not residents or locals, but tourists. I really hope we can get a handle on this soon, because I see a ton of my friends and family in the healthcare profession on the frontlines getting slammed. We are going to have a real problem here soon in our hospitals with shortages. 

Stay safe and healthy out there everyone. 
    Hope to see us get ahead of this sooner than later. 
    Post edited by Ray J. T. on
    mfc2006 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

How many people from other countries etc were forced out of China when this started, who had cell phones in China?

Or is that 20 million less in the Wuhan area?
    I'd like to use the cell phone theory to the US here in a few weeks.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    mfc2006 said:
    riotgrl said:

Crickets on this?
    WOW. 20 million???

As in, what? 

Seems most likely due to economic factors rather than deaths, if that's what people are assuming. 
    No idea. But 20 million is a lot to go offline, in my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    Do you believe that a country with over a billion people had less deaths than a country that has a 1/10th of their population is telling you the truth?

Those are two completely unrelated issues. Why has the default to so many issues related to covid-19 become "can you trust China"? 
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    I do not know a single person who would disagree with TA...

the China dislike in Canada has been brought on by China...

maybe instead of posting a tweet do some research on China/Canada relationship the last little bit.

China is currently holding 2 Canadians as hostages...

sounds like a great country.

china is a piece of shit.  Fuck China.

I am so sorry. I should have read up on how racism and xenophobia is A-OK and defendable in Canada before posting about their Chief Public Health Officer calling it out. Stupid her. And oh, so much stupid me.

Oh good grief...She offended by what some say on social media.

im offended that she didn’t do her job back in January in getting people to be better prepared...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,998
    Meanwhile, America is becoming more like China: 

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1245356947404029952?s=21
    edited April 2020
    I do not know a single person who would disagree with TA...

the China dislike in Canada has been brought on by China...

maybe instead of posting a tweet do some research on China/Canada relationship the last little bit.

China is currently holding 2 Canadians as hostages...

sounds like a great country.

china is a piece of shit.  Fuck China.

I am so sorry. I should have read up on how racism and xenophobia is A-OK and defendable in Canada before posting about their Chief Public Health Officer calling it out. Stupid her. And oh, so much stupid me.

Oh good grief...She offended by what some say on social media.

im offended that she didn’t do her job back in January in getting people to be better prepared...

Funny that you in two (2) posts does not condemn racism against chinese people in any way. Instead go all in to deflect, and attack China and your CPHO.
    Meanwhile, America is becoming more like China: 

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1245356947404029952?s=21
    But, to paraphrase @mickeyrat

a key difference, a technology company isnt the government. and a technology company cant disappear a doctor.  and here there is legal redress.....

Sweden pulls away from the nordic pack

Beiber postpones summer tour.  I guess this is just the beginning.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/justin-bieber-changes-tour-postponed-coronavirus-976453/
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,542
    Wimbledon being postponed for first time since WWII. That PJ summer Euro tour is looking more and more unlikely.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,461
    tbergs said:
    Wimbledon being postponed for first time since WWII. That PJ summer Euro tour is looking more and more unlikely.
    The tour‘s a goner. They’re probably just waiting for the festivals to announce 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252

They only threatened their own doctors into silence when this first broke. But I’m sure they’ve come around and are being open and honest  now.
    Don't want to think about my hotel and travel costs I will have to just eat.

And I'm "just" going to 3-4 shows.
This discussion has been closed.