The coronavirus

Comments

• myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    jeffbr said:
    myoung321 said:

She Had COVID-19, But No Insurance. Her Treatment Cost $34,972.

https://youtu.be/v3QKqMh4gjI

Thank god she's contributing to the market economy! Keeping the capitalist wheels turning! amirite people!

Anyone against M4A at this point simply lacks empathy.

Debate all you want.. it comes down to either caring or not giving a shit about your fellow citizens. 

If it's not on the Democrats Platform coming out the convention then they will lose..
    Our current system will likely exacerbate the spread of the virus. I know I'll think twice (or 30 times) before seeking any sort of treatment, knowing that the results could lead to bankruptcy.
    When you run hospitals based on quarterly earnings you can't have profit killers like PPDs just sitting in storage waiting for "just in case". Bottom Line !!!!! Keep those Investor Dividends Up! 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,107

Thank god she's contributing to the market economy! Keeping the capitalist wheels turning! amirite people!

Unless it was selectively left out of the video, her husband should be coordinating with Medicaid and his insurance company. It sounds like the end/start dates got botched and I've seen stuff like this retroactively get adjusted and covered. Her situation is a common one with people coming on and off Medicaid.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    static111 said:
    myoung321 said:

Debate all you want.. it comes down to either caring or not giving a shit about your fellow citizens. 

If it's not on the Democrats Platform coming out the convention then they will lose..
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

Yeah this all or nothing mentality is weak sauce.

“But what about my private option?” 😭
       exactly... "Private" all right... Private Billing.. Medicare patients use the same Hospitals and Doctors .. The exact same as any "private" insurance... Same.. Same.. Same..
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    We passed China. With 70% fewer people, we have more cases!

Get ready to pack the churches on easter!
    So you believe china’s numbers?
    bbiggs said:
    Look at the bright side. We’ll be rocking and rolling by Easter according to the Donald! 
    Didn’t he just say begin to open up parts of the country? Like the Midwest that isn’t hit as hard?
    Thats what he said this morning in the conference. Did he say the whole country yesterday and back peddled today?
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    mace1229 said:

no one knows, but they were welding doors shut to keep people inside.
    mace1229 said:

Bingo
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited March 2020
    mace1229 said:

"Hey China fudged there numbers so the situation here in the states is okey now". or what?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

Nice horseshoes
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes, after they denied the virus existed for 2 months and threatened doctors with prison for spreading false rumors who were trying to talk about it.
    I would be shocked if their numbers weren’t at least 2 or 3 times worse, if not 10 or 20
    mace1229 said:

"Hey China fudged there numbers so the situation here in the states is okey now". or what?
    I scrolled back. Couldn’t find anyone who said that
    myoung321 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

Like I said, Empathy ...
    It's not about empathy. It's about being realistic.

Medicare for all won't pass today. It's not reality.

It's some veruca salt s***. But I want it now!

The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can help our country take baby steps in the right direction.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,380
    edited March 2020
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Legit story?
    I don’t think the us could lockdown the country like China did. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

No one did.  But I think it is fair to say that China and Russia s numbers are not legit. 
    edited March 2020
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:
    CM189191 said:
    myoung321 said:

Like I said, Empathy ...
    It's not about empathy. It's about being realistic.

Medicare for all won't pass today. It's not reality.

It's some veruca salt s***. But I want it now!

The sooner you realize that, the sooner you can help our country take baby steps in the right direction.
    Stated another way, let's pretend you have three hypothetical options:

A ) insure 50% of the population
    B ) insure 75% of the population
    C ) insure 100% of the population

Also, C is no longer an option. 

Which choice is more empathetic, A or B?  Because that's all your left with.  This should be easy.
    Post edited by CM189191 on
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Posts: 1,019
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Yes, after they denied the virus existed for 2 months and threatened doctors with prison for spreading false rumors who were trying to talk about it.
    I would be shocked if their numbers weren’t at least 2 or 3 times worse, if not 10 or 20
    And I would be shocked if our case numbers aren't 10-20 x under because of the lack of testing
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

And I would be shocked if our case numbers aren't 10-20 x under because of the lack of testing
    Lack of leadership.
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

No one did.  But I think it is fair to say that China and Russia s numbers are not legit. 
    I know. Just seems like every time I question China the response is to assume I support everything Trump does. I fail to see any logic in that, seems pretty asinine to me actually.
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

I know. Just seems like every time I question China the response is to assume I support everything Trump does. I fail to see any logic in that, seems pretty asinine to me actually.
    +1
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

It's easier to insult you than engage a point that complicates a narrative 
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    JW269453 said:
    Clip?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    edited March 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Legit story?
    I don’t think the us could lockdown the country like China did. 

Yup.  Like my friend says.  Only China could lock down like they did.

mace1229 said:
    Smellyman said:
    mace1229 said:

Publicly denying yes, which hurt potential response time for other countries, but privately the authoritarian hammer was coming down.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    bbiggs said:
    This is a frightening article.  We know it’s an airborne disease, but the way it’s described here leads me to believe that someone can become infected while walking the dog or going for a run, for example, even in a non-crowded environment.  If the wind is carrying someone’s cough or sneeze from 20, 50, 100 feet away, and you happen to be in its path, it sounds like you can get it. So, unless you wear a mask outdoors, keeping a “safe” distance from anyone else who passes by may not be enough. Wonderful. 

That's an extremely unlikely scenario, though theoretically possible. It's important to understand that an infectious dose of a virus is generally far more than just one viral particle, and in the case of a cough or sneeze being blown by the wind many metres, the density of infectious particles will be so low by the time you are far away that there will not be enough particles to actually cause an infection, even if you were unlucky enough to inhale one of the stray particles. It's far more likely that they will simply drop to the ground before they ever got that far.

Keep in mind that several studies have been done so far that have not even been able to detect SARS-CoV-2 in the air in the rooms of patients with active covid-19 disease, and that's in a small, contained space without much air flow. It's estimated that when an infected person lives in a residence with non-infected people there is only about a 10% chance of spread of the infection to the household members, suggesting very limited chance of transmission through the air. 

Nothing in life is zero risk, but going out for a walk, run or cycle is likely better for your health than staying cooped up at home. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 Posts: 10,739
    Trumps not the only lot world leader that fucked up.  The Canadian PM failed us and was slow to react.  Plus back in February he gave China 16 tons of PPE....and the Chinese government has taken 2 Canadians as hostages because that huawii bitch was arrested in Canada...Fuck China.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Posts: 12,844
    Trumps not the only lot world leader that fucked up.  The Canadian PM failed us and was slow to react.  Plus back in February he gave China 16 tons of PPE....and the Chinese government has taken 2 Canadians as hostages because that huawii bitch was arrested in Canada...Fuck China.

So, what you're saying is Canada behaved in a humanitarian way. I'm okay with that.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    The Canadian PM tried to exploit the pandemic by giving his government thr power to raise taxes, lower taxes (hahaha) and spend without parliaments approval...lol.  He’s no better than retailers that gouge customers in a crisis.
    Give Peas A Chance…

Give Peas A Chance…
This discussion has been closed.