The coronavirus

Comments

• TristeluneTristelune Posts: 318
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fuck him let him go and volunteer at one of the hospitals put your money where your mouth is asshole , I’m sorry but I despise 99.9% of Republicans staring with asshole #1 you know the one who wants to just start up everything because the economy dictates it fuck you and your whole party I take it bake I despise every Republican..
    I thought it was idiotic when I heard heard about this comment. I finally just watched the clip. And I don’t think that’s what he was actually saying. I don’t think he did a good job of talking about it. But I think he was just saying destroying the economy is going to have a bigger impact and seniors can worry about themselves. He didn’t say reopen the economy today and let seniors die. He said if it’s closed more than 3 months we may have irreparable damage to the economy. I agree with that. And that Seniors can take care of themselves. I wouldn’t have phrased it that way, but I also agree. Many stores already have senior hours before they open. 
    I would say before we destroy our economy and create more harm, the economy should reopen. And those who are high risk, including seniors and those with immuno diseases, should continue to self quarantine and utilize things like senior shopping hours. Because at some point destroying the economy will destroy lives too, we need to get back to more of a normal before we get to that point. That doesn’t mean just sacrifice seniors.
    Listening to his entire segment that’s what my take was on it anyway. 
    Yep.  There’s really no need to come onto this part of the forum anymore.  Its become as sad as Facebook unfortunately.  It’s daily misinformation about everything from moronic fish tank cleaner eating people blaming trump to a Lt gov that no one cares about anyway being misconstrued for hysteria and headline purposes, to made up dossiers used by our govt to spy on folks to dismissed with prejudice Russian mueller indictments that we paid for- all acceptable as long as it’s orange guy bad.  

Counting cheeto’s lies is always acceptable for the day’s outrage, as long as no one cares to count the lies on the other side.  “News” outlets aren’t even bothering to redact or update articles anymore once they’ve been proven wrong via twitter or other means.  There’s lawsuits abound against these publications and “news” sites, as they clamor to put to paper anything and everything relating to sir orange.

Every time I make the mistake of coming on here I read so many misconceptions and things that have already been fact checked as false it’s truly sad.  We still have one dude talking about pee tapes as if they weren’t already established as some perverts fairy tale.  Folks are so infatuated with everything trump that they just can’t stop talking about him.  His name comes out of some folks’ mouths dozens of times a day... while their houses remain a mess.  

Life isn’t this hard.  Stop creating difficulty for others when there's simply  no reason to do so.  Be kind.

I was never baptized and am not a religious person in any way, but damn people, just get your houses in order.
    hundreds of thousands have died, and all you care about are the news outlets that won't redact things and how much people talk about trump. you can't be for real. 

i guess you forgot about the obama era, where all the right could talk about was tan suits and bare arms. 

cheetos lies have literally, LITERALLY, cost people their fucking lives. do you get that?
    ??? Are you sure?

more have died from the flu than will die from this virus.  

Unfortunately not true, just wait.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,053
    edited March 2020
    Not often you see this in Sweden:

The last Swedish field hospital that was used in a real environment, ie not in exercise, was in connection with the Kuwait War.

- What I know is this is a unique use of field hospitals in Sweden. This is a field hospital designed to take care of wounded soldiers in war. Now we are converting it into a pandemic hospital to care for seriously ill corona patients, ”says Karl Chevalley, regional emergency chief.

Swedish field hospital
    The field hospitals that are being built, first in Gothenburg at the Eastern Hospital and then at Älvsjömässan in Stockholm, are the first to operate on Swedish soil since the Second World War. The Armed Forces build up the hospitals, but the operations are then managed by ordinary hospital staff.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 836
    edited March 2020
    As long as I have my job I don’t need the $, and I’m not getting it.  But I HATE the idea of sending checks to everyone. Many don’t need it. The person in NYC gets the same as the person in Montana don’t they?

seem it would be better to work with businesses to guarantee and pay a certain % of the pay, etc to the employees to keep them on the payroll despite not working. And then shore up the systems we already have in place to move faster and provide more short term benefits.

Pretty sure that is what they just said in the conference..and loans will be forgiven as long as kept as employeess
    Right, then why send checks to 90% of the country? 
    I know, right. Fuck the indigent,  Boeing needs billions to make more planes to kill more people. 
    Priorities. 
    I need new shit, let people die so I can have more shit.
    Sky daddy will save us. It's a hoax and one day it will disappear. 

How's that huckster in chief working out for you now? What is the number of dead that will make you think? 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,279
    YAKIMATSU said:
    As long as I have my job I don’t need the $, and I’m not getting it.  But I HATE the idea of sending checks to everyone. Many don’t need it. The person in NYC gets the same as the person in Montana don’t they?

seem it would be better to work with businesses to guarantee and pay a certain % of the pay, etc to the employees to keep them on the payroll despite not working. And then shore up the systems we already have in place to move faster and provide more short term benefits.

Pretty sure that is what they just said in the conference..and loans will be forgiven as long as kept as employeess
    Right, then why send checks to 90% of the country? 
    I know, right. Fuck the indigent,  Boeing needs billions to make more planes to kill more people. 
    Priorities. 
    I need new shit, let people die so I can have more shit.
    Sky daddy will save us. It's a hoax and one day it will disappear. 

How's that huckster in chief working out for you now? What is the number of dead that will make you think? 
    Lol 
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/coronavirus-military-enforce-soldiers-armed-forces/2020/03/25/647cbbb6-6d53-11ea-a156-0048b62cdb51_story.html

The Netherlands are just not suit up for that kind of lockdown. The day military are marching in our street means that we lost the war... again.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
    edited March 2020
    "Our free market/capitalism experiment is a repeated failure. How about we try adjusting our worship of money to one of people and nature."

Go away hippie. You lazy fuck. You need to make more shit, that nobody NEEDS, to stimulate the economy to make more money to make more shit. Come on, fit in, one of us, one of us. BAA baa baa, baa baa baa.
    Post edited by YAKIMATSU on
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
    This exchange is pretty charming

https://youtu.be/FRHC4p554hM
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,124
    tish said:
    Holy hell josevolution, I can only imagine. Evertime I read about N.Y. tears swell. I think we can use this space to be kind and supportive to others. 
    Yes be kind and supportive very well put! Thanks for your thoughts ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    YAKIMATSU said:
    You need to make more shit, that nobody NEEDS, to stimulate the economy to make more money to make more shit. Come on, fit in, one of us, one of us. 

I wonder if Nero had cheerleaders?

"You know he could help save Rome if he put the military to work. He has the power,  he tells us everyday. He's the best fiddler. He's so big, with huge hands. He says the big landowners will come to the rescue. Let's have another day of prayer,  that always works. Damn fine fiddler. "
    RideRick said:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/coronavirus-military-enforce-soldiers-armed-forces/2020/03/25/647cbbb6-6d53-11ea-a156-0048b62cdb51_story.html

The Netherlands are just not suit up for that kind of lockdown. The day military are marching in our street means that we lost the war... again.
    Would take veryyyyyy much for that to happen in Sweden

The form of government adopted in 1975 lists the tasks for which the Armed Forces may be used. That does not include the task of being responsible for civil law and order. You can see it as a prohibition, but it is not an explicit prohibition. In investigations and other documents over the following decades, the question is sometimes raised. It is usually described as that there is no legally binding prohibition of military use against its own population, but that political agreement is so broad that it can in practice be ruled out that military will use force and coercion against individuals in peacetime.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    <Leroy Jenkins has entered the thread>
    myoung321 said:
    The US can get all sorts of military equipment around the world in a matter of hours, build outposts in the middle of the desert on the other side of the earth in a matter of days........but we can't get PPD's to hospitals in our own country. 

Trillions spent on Defense and Homeland Security since 9/11...... Feel Safer? 
    Military doesn't have to go through the FDA

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    mace1229 said:
    mickeyrat said:

Fuck him let him go and volunteer at one of the hospitals put your money where your mouth is asshole , I’m sorry but I despise 99.9% of Republicans staring with asshole #1 you know the one who wants to just start up everything because the economy dictates it fuck you and your whole party I take it bake I despise every Republican..
    I thought it was idiotic when I heard heard about this comment. I finally just watched the clip. And I don’t think that’s what he was actually saying. I don’t think he did a good job of talking about it. But I think he was just saying destroying the economy is going to have a bigger impact and seniors can worry about themselves. He didn’t say reopen the economy today and let seniors die. He said if it’s closed more than 3 months we may have irreparable damage to the economy. I agree with that. And that Seniors can take care of themselves. I wouldn’t have phrased it that way, but I also agree. Many stores already have senior hours before they open. 
    I would say before we destroy our economy and create more harm, the economy should reopen. And those who are high risk, including seniors and those with immuno diseases, should continue to self quarantine and utilize things like senior shopping hours. Because at some point destroying the economy will destroy lives too, we need to get back to more of a normal before we get to that point. That doesn’t mean just sacrifice seniors.
    Listening to his entire segment that’s what my take was on it anyway. 
    Yep.  There’s really no need to come onto this part of the forum anymore.  Its become as sad as Facebook unfortunately.  It’s daily misinformation about everything from moronic fish tank cleaner eating people blaming trump to a Lt gov that no one cares about anyway being misconstrued for hysteria and headline purposes, to made up dossiers used by our govt to spy on folks to dismissed with prejudice Russian mueller indictments that we paid for- all acceptable as long as it’s orange guy bad.  

Counting cheeto’s lies is always acceptable for the day’s outrage, as long as no one cares to count the lies on the other side.  “News” outlets aren’t even bothering to redact or update articles anymore once they’ve been proven wrong via twitter or other means.  There’s lawsuits abound against these publications and “news” sites, as they clamor to put to paper anything and everything relating to sir orange.

Every time I make the mistake of coming on here I read so many misconceptions and things that have already been fact checked as false it’s truly sad.  We still have one dude talking about pee tapes as if they weren’t already established as some perverts fairy tale.  Folks are so infatuated with everything trump that they just can’t stop talking about him.  His name comes out of some folks’ mouths dozens of times a day... while their houses remain a mess.  

Life isn’t this hard.  Stop creating difficulty for others when there's simply  no reason to do so.  Be kind.

I was never baptized and am not a religious person in any way, but damn people, just get your houses in order.
    hundreds of thousands have died, and all you care about are the news outlets that won't redact things and how much people talk about trump. you can't be for real. 

i guess you forgot about the obama era, where all the right could talk about was tan suits and bare arms. 

cheetos lies have literally, LITERALLY, cost people their fucking lives. do you get that?
    ??? Are you sure?

more have died from the flu than will die from this virus.  

Unfortunately not true, just wait.
    Yes, wait. The hundreds of thousands figure is a wildly inaccurate and the total fatalities  could be similar but it’s a much higher percent with COVID. .
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    pjl44 said:
    <Leroy Jenkins has entered the thread>

Oh Lawd.  Have to watch that now, haven't seen it in ages
  • Why are people still making the flu comparison?  What is the point?

I swear, the lowest common denominator keeps getting lower.  We are going back into the primordial ooze, soon enough, at this pace.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SmellymanSmellyman Posts: 4,524
    Why are people still making the flu comparison?  What is the point?

I swear, the lowest common denominator keeps getting lower.  We are going back into the primordial ooze, soon enough, at this pace.

A lot of right wing radio
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    RideRick said:

Would take veryyyyyy much for that to happen in Sweden

The form of government adopted in 1975 lists the tasks for which the Armed Forces may be used. That does not include the task of being responsible for civil law and order. You can see it as a prohibition, but it is not an explicit prohibition. In investigations and other documents over the following decades, the question is sometimes raised. It is usually described as that there is no legally binding prohibition of military use against its own population, but that political agreement is so broad that it can in practice be ruled out that military will use force and coercion against individuals in peacetime.
    Exactly..   using militairy force to enforce law is not the way free people would endorce.
    If that is needed than there is something wrong with your country.  They can aid in extreme situations. For example if nature strikes hard on your soil or if there is a viral outbreak which require lots of extra medical care. They can build op quickly extra rooms for patients.
    But..  not to parade in the streets to enforce law.  That law is just not the same as our justice department has.

What they want to do, shoot people if they leave there house?
    Is it a terrorist attack if you pass someone to close?
    What is the line to draw..  if you need the army to enforce than you have basicly lost your capacity to be human and you are wilingly treaded like a petdog.

| Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,002

I would say because the Dr Fauci has been heard saying just that.  It's taken out of context though.  He has said that "for some it will be nothing more than the common flu" and I am sure that is what they are running with.  They make no mention of his other statement that it can be life threatening and that covid-19 spreads much easier than the flu.

That is just my take though.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    pjl44 said:

This is awesome.  Thanks
    hippiemom = goodness
    Talks are underway to quarantine Stockholm.
    Expressen  has previously talked about the plans - where the county administrative board prepared the capital's isolation.

"We are looking at what it would be like to implement purely geographical boundaries," said co-ordinator Ola Slettenmark.

The number of infected elderly is increasing rapidly in Sweden, states state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell at a press conference.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313

There certainly are some issues on Bernie's platform that make a lot of sense.  I wish he coulda focused on them instead of free college for all, health care for illegal immigrants, etc.  And I wish Biden would have adopted the good ones and not the ones he did already.

I'm no bernie fan for how he and his supporters conduct themselves, but no reason not to listen to  and adopt what actually makes sense.
    hippiemom = goodness
    Smellyman said:

The comparison seems like a pretty natural point of discussion.

How about go after the person spreading wildly inaccurate information like “hundreds of thousands will die”.

• dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    DewieCox said:
    Smellyman said:

The comparison seems like a pretty natural point of discussion.

How about go after the person spreading wildly inaccurate information like “hundreds of thousands will die”.

How is that wildly inaccurate information?

Most experts believe this could easily kill that many.

Saying this is just like the flu is far more dangerous information to be spreading.

• Also, one person claimed hundreds of thousands, which may/may not be where things land.
    Loads of people are finding different ways to minimize the impact of this pandemic by making useless comparisons to something which (unfortunately) is a fact of life already, which is how many people die from influenza each year.
    One has nothing to do with the other.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I haven’t seen any projections that are nearly that severe. Could it? I guess possibly, if it just goes unchecked from here on out. 
This discussion has been closed.