The coronavirus

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,834
    MayDay10 said:
    New cases and deaths down 2 days in a row in italy.

Seems like the lockdown is serving it’s purpose 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Im all for a two week lockdown..See what happens..Sure as hell can't hurt and surely most buisiness can survive that
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Im all for a two week lockdown..See what happens..Sure as hell can't hurt and surely most buisiness can survive that
    Two weeks will not be enough.  If that is the plan, we might as well let everyone roam the streets now.  I do understand why they'd announce timelines in shorter increments and then re-evaluate when that time is up, but people better brace themselves for a much longer period than two weeks. 

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

CM189191 said:
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Unless I missed it, I don’t see much outrage here about the bill that was held up today. Weird. 
    Why? 

I'm outraged.  Fuck both parties. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Unless I missed it, I don’t see much outrage here about the bill that was held up today. Weird. 
    Why? 

It’s disgusting.
    clip clop
    nice horsehoes

This bill was designed to fail by the GOP so they could blame the DNC.  You fell for it hook, line and sinker.
    They could have easily divided this up into manageable smaller simple bills and pass them individually.
    Instead it was written by the GOP as one big bloated corpse, full of corporate hand outs with complete lack of transparency.  

.....but tell me again how both sides are bad.....
    Do you really believe one side is the cause for all of the problems in this country? I think it is time you take the blinders off.

I believe one side is the cause of most of the problems.  

Do you really believe that both sides are equally bad?
    No. I believe China is worse. Wait what sides?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    Indiana  goes "stay at home" tomorrow, yet that only affects 1 in three people.
    I work at an appliance store and it is considered essential.  Nothing much will change?

The businesses that are deemed "essential" is really shocking to me, at least in IL.  I like a beer as much as the next guy, but when I saw a big liquor store chain would remain opened because it was deemed "essential," it quickly struck me how out of touch this state is (and country).  Either shut it all down or don't.  A store that sells nothing but booze is not essential in a crisis like this.
    Yeah, in Jersey the booze and weed stores remain open.  
    Guessing they figure if people can stay in and get fucked up that they will be ok to Netflix and chill.
    Or that the hard core boozers won't loot or go to the ER when detoxing goes poorly.
    Idiotic. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:
    I work at an appliance store and it is considered essential.  Nothing much will change?

The businesses that are deemed "essential" is really shocking to me, at least in IL.  I like a beer as much as the next guy, but when I saw a big liquor store chain would remain opened because it was deemed "essential," it quickly struck me how out of touch this state is (and country).  Either shut it all down or don't.  A store that sells nothing but booze is not essential in a crisis like this.
    Guessing they figure if people can stay in and get fucked up that they will be ok to Netflix and chill.
    Or that the hard core boozers won't loot or go to the ER when detoxing goes poorly.
    Idiotic. 
    crazy that liquor and weed stores are essential lol.  Not that I am complaining.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    crazy that liquor and weed stores are essential lol.  Not that I am complaining.  
    Makes perfect sense... especially medicinal weed. 
  • Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095

These just came through. I will be working tomorrow. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,569
    I can very much understand the outrage over the block on the stimulus bill today, but I also understand the problem with it.  Because we run a couple of independent small businesses that have now been completely shut down for over a week and for who knows how long, that bill would have been a big help to us financially.  But it would also have given tons of money to some very big, very irresponsible corporations- money that is needed for our health services and the many less fortunate folks who could use the help.  I think it was a good call- and that's coming from someone who would have benefited from it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• FiveBelowFiveBelow Posts: 1,268
    CM189191 said:
    JW269453 said:

CM189191 said:
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why? 

nicknyr15 said:
    bbiggs said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why? 

It’s disgusting.
    clip clop
    nice horsehoes

This bill was designed to fail by the GOP so they could blame the DNC.  You fell for it hook, line and sinker.
    They could have easily divided this up into manageable smaller simple bills and pass them individually.
    Instead it was written by the GOP as one big bloated corpse, full of corporate hand outs with complete lack of transparency.  

.....but tell me again how both sides are bad.....
    Do you really believe one side is the cause for all of the problems in this country? I think it is time you take the blinders off.

I believe one side is the cause of most of the problems.  

Do you really believe that both sides are equally bad?
    Simply stated, yes.
  • mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    If people actually need to get high for medicinal reasons (they have cancer or something) I get it.
    Guess it is probably tough to draw the line between people that just want to get high and the people that need the result of the THC....so I get that.
    Why the booze stores?
    If it is vital that we avoid one another why is wanting to get a buzz essential?

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    brianlux said:
    I can very much understand the outrage over the block on the stimulus bill today, but I also understand the problem with it.  Because we run a couple of independent small businesses that have now been completely shut down for over a week and for who knows how long, that bill would have been a big help to us financially.  But it would also have given tons of money to some very big, very irresponsible corporations- money that is needed for our health services and the many less fortunate folks who could use the help.  I think it was a good call- and that's coming from someone who would have benefited from it.

The gop wrote their own bill and tried to ram it through. Money for big biz and billionaires. 

I’m actually stunned Pelosi didn’t fast track a democratic bill in the House. Spending is supposed to originate in the House to begin with.

no worries as Lord Donald has ruled, we’re all back to work Monday.
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 

Clearly I’m one state too far to the east. Any virus free houses for sale near these stores?
    dankind said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Why? 
    Because only republicans are obstructionists. Duh!

Let’s ram thru two trillion dollars in a couple of hours, with only one party writing the bill. Yep, makes sense to me.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    If people actually need to get high for medicinal reasons (they have cancer or something) I get it.
    Guess it is probably tough to draw the line between people that just want to get high and the people that need the result of the THC....so I get that.
    Why the booze stores?
    If it is vital that we avoid one another why is wanting to get a buzz essential?

Sedation!
  • mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    Why the booze stores?

Sedation!
    Yup
    brianlux said:

The gop wrote their own bill and tried to ram it through. Money for big biz and billionaires. 

I’m actually stunned Pelosi didn’t fast track a democratic bill in the House. Spending is supposed to originate in the House to begin with.

no worries as Lord Donald has ruled, we’re all back to work Monday.

"Lord Donald"  LOL! 

Yeah, he has it all figured out.  He know everything about eeeeeeeverything!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dankinddankind Posts: 20,831
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    Why the booze stores?

Sedation!
    Yup
    I’m stuck quitting THC for now, I think. Only med sales can continue in Mass, and I can’t get a med card because my wife works for the federal government. 

Liquor stores will stay open, though, because Massholes have spouses to abuse. 

Such a fucked up place. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 3,044
    Just read about a couple assholes in Virginia who allegedly recorded themselves coughing on produce at the supermarket. 

Assholes are just assholes, I guess?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    Oh it's time to panic.....today I called my barber shop only to find out it's been closed for a week. Pretty soon I'm going to look like one of those long haired dudes from the 60's. 

What do people do who need to have a spa day?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• dankind said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

Idiotic. 
    Why the booze stores?

Sedation!
    Yup
    I’m stuck quitting THC for now, I think. Only med sales can continue in Mass, and I can’t get a med card because my wife works for the federal government. 

Liquor stores will stay open, though, because Massholes have spouses to abuse. 

Such a fucked up place. 
    :lol:.  
    g under p said:
    Oh it's time to panic.....today I called my barber shop only to find out it's been closed for a week. Pretty soon I'm going to look like one of those long haired dudes from the 60's. 

Peace

Time to learn to cut your own hair, g!  It's kind of fun and doing the back is sort of like a form of tai chi and yoga with a little scissors action thrown in, lol.

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    dudeman said:
    Just read about a couple assholes in Virginia who allegedly recorded themselves coughing on produce at the supermarket. 

Assholes are just assholes, I guess?
    I read something similar out of Germany except young kids were coughing on old people. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    brianlux said:
    g under p said:

Peace

Time to learn to cut your own hair, g!  It's kind of fun and doing the back is sort of like a form of tai chi and yoga with a little scissors action thrown in, lol.
    You know I've my own clippers set and in a week I'll probably pull them out. I can cut something but I think it would be cool to sport that long haired hippie dude look.

These are times of human adaptability and those who will adapt have a better chance of survival. 

My new license plates are coming.....

STY HUMN

Peace

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,613
    prolifers indeed...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    bbiggs said:
    Malroth said:

They probably sell twinkies too and therefore count as a good store.
This discussion has been closed.