Stubhub and such

12346»

Comments

• ejk1280 said:
    MD190661 said:
    pjhawks said:
    one question for those who are against Stub Hub and secondary market.   What if every band limited tickets to only their fan club with no reselling allowed?  If you are into live music do you want to make it that you have to join the fan club just for the possibility of seeing said band live with no guarantee you will win a lottery to get into seeing that band?  It (somewhat) works under the Pearl Jam umbrella but in reality it's a bad precedent being set for fans limiting tickets in this manner.  that's just my opinion and i could be wrong...but i'm not :bring_it:
    100%

Stubhub is full of tickets for way under face value - fees included.  Nobody complains about Stubhub when they get a MLB baseball ticket for $8 that has a face value of $50.00.  This is purely a supply and demand situation. With the 10c getting the vast majority of the seats, they never hit the secondary market.  High demand + less than average supply = skyrocket prices.  Had these tickets been sold via the traditional avenues there would be 2k-3k tickets on stubhub for every market and prices would be way lower.
    "Had these tickets been sold via the traditional avenues there would be 2k-3k tickets on stubhub for every market and prices would be way lower."
    You think it's better if bots/scalpers can access tickets before fans? For most markets, only fans got tickets. Not seeing the problem with this. If PJ played 4 nights at MSG instead of one and NY didn't give in the scalping, there would be tickets for 90% of fans to see at least 1 show. 

I am a fan of supply and demand, but fans aren't on the same playing field as scalpers when it comes to buying tickets. 
    I think PJ has done a great job in preventing scalpers from getting many tickets.  The downside of that of course is the lack of availability on the secondary market, which naturally, is going to drive up prices.  Especially in a city like New York with plenty of high net-worth individuals.  PJ succeeded in keeping a few thousand tickets off of the secondary market, but at what cost?  I was granted 10c tickets, so I’m on the inside looking out but if I were without tickets, I’d rather see 2k tickets on Stubhub vs 200.
    Correct.  But popular opinion around here is that you are a horrible person if you have enough money to pay for a marked up ticket.  
    Not true. You're only a horrible person if you think you deserve tickets because you have more money than other people.

Sub-tle.
  • MD190661 said:
    pjhawks said:
    one question for those who are against Stub Hub and secondary market.   What if every band limited tickets to only their fan club with no reselling allowed?  If you are into live music do you want to make it that you have to join the fan club just for the possibility of seeing said band live with no guarantee you will win a lottery to get into seeing that band?  It (somewhat) works under the Pearl Jam umbrella but in reality it's a bad precedent being set for fans limiting tickets in this manner.  that's just my opinion and i could be wrong...but i'm not :bring_it:
    100%

Stubhub is full of tickets for way under face value - fees included.  Nobody complains about Stubhub when they get a MLB baseball ticket for $8 that has a face value of $50.00.  This is purely a supply and demand situation. With the 10c getting the vast majority of the seats, they never hit the secondary market.  High demand + less than average supply = skyrocket prices.  Had these tickets been sold via the traditional avenues there would be 2k-3k tickets on stubhub for every market and prices would be way lower.
    "Had these tickets been sold via the traditional avenues there would be 2k-3k tickets on stubhub for every market and prices would be way lower."
    You think it's better if bots/scalpers can access tickets before fans? For most markets, only fans got tickets. Not seeing the problem with this. If PJ played 4 nights at MSG instead of one and NY didn't give in the scalping, there would be tickets for 90% of fans to see at least 1 show. 

I am a fan of supply and demand, but fans aren't on the same playing field as scalpers when it comes to buying tickets. 
    I think PJ has done a great job in preventing scalpers from getting many tickets.  The downside of that of course is the lack of availability on the secondary market, which naturally, is going to drive up prices.  Especially in a city like New York with plenty of high net-worth individuals.  PJ succeeded in keeping a few thousand tickets off of the secondary market, but at what cost?  I was granted 10c tickets, so I’m on the inside looking out but if I were without tickets, I’d rather see 2k tickets on Stubhub vs 200.

No stubhub resales means no scalpers are going to hoard tickets and put them at astronomical prices. More tickets available for public sale. Thus more fans get them at face. Even if you got denied 10C tickets, since no scalpers are buying public sale tix then you have a better opportunity to get those. Those 2k tickets you mentioned that stubhub would have available  would now be availabe for public sale. Even better folks can keep an eye on the exchange and try to score that way. 
  • ejk1280ejk1280 Posts: 84
    People are going to have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then landing tickets via the fan ticket exchange.  Sucks but true
  • ejk1280 said:
    People are going to have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then landing tickets via the fan ticket exchange*.  Sucks but true
    * - for MSG, Denver and Baltimore
  • ejk1280ejk1280 Posts: 84
    ejk1280 said:
    People are going to have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then landing tickets via the fan ticket exchange*.  Sucks but true
    * - for MSG, Denver and Baltimore
    Correct.  We agree on something 
  • ejk1280 said:
    People are going to have a better chance of getting hit by lightning then landing tickets via the fan ticket exchange.  Sucks but true
    If there are more public sale tix available to people because the scalpers aren't buying them up then there will be less people needing to buy from the exchange. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ejk1280 said:
    MD190661 said:
    pjhawks said:
    100%

Correct.  But popular opinion around here is that you are a horrible person if you have enough money to pay for a marked up ticket.  
    Not true. You're only a horrible person if you think you deserve tickets because you have more money than other people.

Sub-tle.
    Omg, I love you. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,213
    I can’t think of anyone who post here that won NY 1 Baltimore 2 or Visa versa , you had to choose which show you wanted more for me it was Baltimore! Over NY I got lucky won reserved only , I really believe that the system is programmed like that not to many people won both shows ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • ecdanc said:
    ejk1280 said:
    MD190661 said:
    pjhawks said:
    100%

Sub-tle.
    Omg, I love you. 
    I'm willing to get to know you better.
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    ecdanc said:
    ejk1280 said:
    MD190661 said:
    pjhawks said:
    100%

Sub-tle.
    Omg, I love you. 
    I'm willing to get to know you better.
    Why ruin a good thing?
  • Ticket prices seem slightly better on Seatgeek.

All the other shows beyond NY and Denver seem to be advertised on Ticket Liquidator and Vivid so i guess the 10C warnings only went so far.