Options

Ticketmaster fan club seats at $125 each: Hard to imagine this in 1995

Comments

• Options
    Now I've certainly always been one to scoff and laugh at all the ridiculous "whatever happened to the band that fought ticketmaster and used to stand for something" threads that have appeared here thoughout the years.  However... I will say Pearl Jam has just about priced me out of seeing them live and this might be my last show.

2013 10C tickets to Pittsburgh - $147
    2016 10C tickets to Hampton - $159
    $12 rise in price - for a pair of tickets - in 3 years passing
    2020 10C tickets to Baltimore - $254
    $95 rise in price - for a pair of tickets - in 4 years passing

Is Pearl Jam cheaper than Elton John, Britney Spears, Madonna, BIllie Eilish?  Sure.  But this is cause for concern.
    Were your Baltimore tickets $254? Or that just a typo? I ask because mine were $244. Maybe that $10 is the difference between GA and reserved? Or maybe (likely), you just made a typo. 
    +$10 hard copy ticket option.
    Got ya. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    edited January 2020

Reading through this thread makes me wonder why so many of you are even in this fanclub.

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,868
    I thought this was a respectable price given what you get:

Great to solid seats, the band name, their performance, fees/taxes included in the price, the unique setlist, etc.

Many bands charge twice that amount and give half as much. I'm confident the band used as much leverage as possible to get it DOWN to a price of 125 per ticket.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    PJ Stole My WalletPJ Stole My Wallet Toronto Posts: 15
    This thing called the internet came along and gave millions of people the idea that since they weren't physically walking out of a record store stealing something that it was ok to take the music digitally without paying because either a) I am just seeing if I like them or b) they owe me because I have given them so much of my hard earned money and because of that we are here today.

To the people who are going on about ticket prices, you do know there is a crew, merch sales people , 10c staff,, band security and venue rentals don't you? That $25.00 ticket would gross $300,000 in a 12,000 seat venue and the show would be losing $ before it was ever put on. Would you continue to work for the same $ you made 25 years ago? I am guessing all those good folks working for Pearl Jam would say no too.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    In 1995 it was hard to imagine that record sales would plummet and artists would almost completely depend on ticket sales for income. 
  • Options
    In 1995 it was hard to imagine that record sales would plummet and artists would almost completely depend on ticket sales for income. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2020
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    edited January 2020
    Post deleted
    The fuck?
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    He likes the numerical alliteration. Or he's Chinese.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    edited January 2020
    Post deleted
    This is far from funny. 
    Post edited by Sea on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,444
    I didn't think that could possibly be what he meant. Based on others' reaction, is that what he meant?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    pjl44 said:
    I didn't think that could possibly be what he meant. Based on others' reaction, is that what he meant?
    I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but yikes
  • Options
    ecdanc said:
    pjl44 said:
    I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but yikes
    I'm trying to reserve judgment but

• Options
    Is it a 88=HH thing?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Is it a 88=HH thing?
    Sure looks like it. 
  • Options
    Oh, THAT!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,563
    edited January 2020
    - Throws a hissyfit when Bruce says he's embarrassed for Trump

- Have an affinity for the number "88"

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    I like when the tickets were 88 but we can’t have that forever ;)
    Now would probably be a pretty good time to explain what this means 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662

I like when the tickets were 88 but we can’t have that forever ;)

The wink & smile is the icing on the cake, good job.
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    i have no problem with their ticket prices. how would you like it if they had all kinds of ticket packages like most bands that price you right out of every great seat? mortgage payments to see a show. they are charging a fair price in todays' marketplace.  i feel the big problem with ticket prices is that the promoters looked at secondary pricing and with their algos came up with what they think the public will pay. but really if you look at it the secondary (resale) market is 10 to 15 percent . i feel it penalizes the remaining 85 percent into paying a much higher price. you hear a lot of people now picking and choosing what they can afford to go to. so far the algos are right because these companies are making a lot of money and attendance is good overall. but we may be getting to a breaking point or peak situation. pj is priced what most top acts should be. if they didn't control this you would see people peaking and freaking and instead of going to 2 to 4 or more shows it would be one and done.  be thankful they haven't given in to the greed that's out there in the marketplace. they have remained true to their fan base and themselves as best they can.  i don't think people in general realize how much things in general have gone up over the last 4 years. with products they have shrunken the size of the packaging and raised prices. so there is more inflation out there than one realizes and it gets passed down through the chain. just my take
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,563
    edited January 2020
    foodboy said:
    i don't think people in general realize how much things in general have gone up over the last 4 years. with products they have shrunken the size of the packaging and raised prices. so there is more inflation out there than one realizes and it gets passed down through the chain. just my take
    You refer to the tenclub membership?
  • Options
    not referring to tenclub membership. just most products in general have shrunken by 10 percent or more . my shaving cream shrunk 30 percent. my favorite type of cookie shrunk from 12 in a package to 9 and price remained the same. mechanics etc have all gone up, year after year and not at the tv posted rates of annual inflation of less than 2 percent.  all this gets passed along and costs for everything go up.

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited January 2020
    Inflation? What costs 125 dollars in 2020 would be something like 65 - 70 in 1995. I get that it's still not cheap in this context, but you can't honestly expect the band to retain the same prices over the course of 25 years when literally nothing else has.
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    spankyMP said:
    I’m just happy the band I fell in love with at age 16 is still putting out albums and touring.
    Completely and wholeheartedly agree!
  • Options
    but yes i can see where you have mentioned this to apply it to a 10 club membership . 
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154

Reading through this thread makes me wonder why so many of you are even in this fanclub.

It is pretty wild how many people on this forum hate the band, hate the 10C, hate they managers, hate so much about everything in life. Eeek
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425

Oh, just wait til the album drops...
  • Options
    BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,536
    Just like anything in life, when you like something, involved, part of a tribe or a club you tend to ignore the hypocritical acts of whatever it is your invested in... 
    PJ is no different and as the posts indicate, you guys will excuse them for any price... 
    Take a look at the 3rd post pictures posted and check out the other band... Bad Religion - an actual punk band, not a band fronting as one.
    Ticket price 1995 - $21.50
    Bad Religion Ticket Price 2020 - 35.00

PJ Doesn't have to charge this much to make money, and you don't have to make excuses for PJ. Accept that they put making money over being true to what they've said in the past... AKA "Hypocrites" 

And the most import factor in all of this is that Bad Religions music hasn't fallen off a cliff since 2003.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Blockhead said:
    Just like anything in life, when you like something, involved, part of a tribe or a club you tend to ignore the hypocritical acts of whatever it is your invested in... 
    PJ is no different and as the posts indicate, you guys will excuse them for any price... 
    Take a look at the 3rd post pictures posted and check out the other band... Bad Religion - an actual punk band, not a band fronting as one.
    Ticket price 1995 - $21.50
    Bad Religion Ticket Price 2020 - 35.00

PJ Doesn't have to charge this much to make money, and you don't have to make excuses for PJ. Accept that they put making money over being true to what they've said in the past... AKA "Hypocrites" 

And the most import factor in all of this is that Bad Religions music hasn't fallen off a cliff since 2003.
    I wouldn't pay $35 to see Bad Religion in 1995 or 2020. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."