BlockheadBlockhead Posts: 1,536
    pjl44 said:
    Blockhead said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    Just like anything in life, when you like something, involved, part of a tribe or a club you tend to ignore the hypocritical acts of whatever it is your invested in... 
    PJ is no different and as the posts indicate, you guys will excuse them for any price... 
    Take a look at the 3rd post pictures posted and check out the other band... Bad Religion - an actual punk band, not a band fronting as one.
    Ticket price 1995 - $21.50
    Bad Religion Ticket Price 2020 - 35.00

PJ Doesn't have to charge this much to make money, and you don't have to make excuses for PJ. Accept that they put making money over being true to what they've said in the past... AKA "Hypocrites" 

And the most import factor in all of this is that Bad Religions music hasn't fallen off a cliff since 2003.
    I wouldn't pay $35 to see Bad Religion in 1995 or 2020. 
    No one is asking you too... Is that supposed to mean something?
    I think it is a poor comparison. I don't think Bad Religion is on remotely the same level as Pearl Jam and it makes sense that their ticket prices indicate that. 
    Exactly... You're proving my point...Its easy to say you stand for something than to actually do it.

So if Bad Religion could sell out The Garden, or Wrigley, or San Siro, they would still charge $35 a ticket? 
    Again with the excuse making... So your saying that since PJ can sell those places out, that justifies whatever price they want?
    Yes, 100%. Based on ticket sales they could obviously charge more than they even do now. It's pretty cool how hard they fight to keep things reasonable in respect to the market.
    How hard they fight... I coulda sworn I just had to make a TICKETMASTER account to put in for Pearl Jam Fan Club tickets...

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,444
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I appreciate this thread (more or less) returning to its topic, but are we ever gonna hear back from the white supremacist?
    He's posted in other threads which leads me to believe more that he knew what he was doing. He's generally trolly and annoying but I didn't realize we were dealing with this.
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?
    Buck dropped a strange 88 on Page 4 and it hit a bunch of us the same way. Check it out.
  • Options
    Blockhead said:
    pjl44 said:
    Blockhead said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    Just like anything in life, when you like something, involved, part of a tribe or a club you tend to ignore the hypocritical acts of whatever it is your invested in... 
    PJ is no different and as the posts indicate, you guys will excuse them for any price... 
    Take a look at the 3rd post pictures posted and check out the other band... Bad Religion - an actual punk band, not a band fronting as one.

PJ Doesn't have to charge this much to make money, and you don't have to make excuses for PJ. Accept that they put making money over being true to what they've said in the past... AKA "Hypocrites" 

And the most import factor in all of this is that Bad Religions music hasn't fallen off a cliff since 2003.
    I think it is a poor comparison. I don't think Bad Religion is on remotely the same level as Pearl Jam and it makes sense that their ticket prices indicate that. 
    Exactly... You're proving my point...Its easy to say you stand for something than to actually do it.

So if Bad Religion could sell out The Garden, or Wrigley, or San Siro, they would still charge $35 a ticket? 
    Again with the excuse making... So your saying that since PJ can sell those places out, that justifies whatever price they want?
    Yes, 100%. Based on ticket sales they could obviously charge more than they even do now. It's pretty cool how hard they fight to keep things reasonable in respect to the market.
    How hard they fight... I coulda sworn I just had to make a TICKETMASTER account to put in for Pearl Jam Fan Club tickets...

And?
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,662
    Blockhead said:

JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:
    JimmyV said:
    Blockhead said:

Except I'm not. Bad Religion being unable to get more than $35 for their tickets proves nothing. Show me a band on Pearl Jam's level charging $35. 

It's willful ignorance to pretend the music business in 2020 is what it was in 1995

To further this point, It's also ignorant to pretend people & their priorities don't change over the course of 25 years.

I feel like a lot of people around here wouldn't be too keen on being held to some thing they said 25 years ago... ESPECIALLY something said in advance about an industry that underwent changes that absolutely no one could have predicted in the 2-1/2 decades that followed.

But go have fun at your Bad Religion show, people... I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available for you.

Sure they do, but its an odd shift in priorities don't you think... Making a public point/ fighting for all fans to experience your music to now just falling in line of what the other "Bands of their kind" are doing/charging. 
    seems lazy... which falls in line with their past three albums...

“Just now” 

This didn’t happen overnight. 

Also, maybe Eddie cruised this forum one day a while back & realized what a bunch of whiny entitled shits he had in his fan club & said “screw ‘em”.

Who would blame him? 
  • Options
    I buy tickets on AXS and Ticketfly a bunch. Service and fees are the same as TM. People are just good at holding a grudge.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    My friend was raging against this price on Saturday night. He actually proved me wrong on one account when I swore tickets to Philly 2016 were over $100, but they were actually $86. So forget 1995, the tickets went up $36 from a 2016 arena show to a 2020 one. 

But what’s $36 right? 

It's what arena shows cost now. I'll pay it for Pearl Jam, but I've been priced out of most bigger shows at this point. Have to make these decisions as a consumer.
    Your friend is also the guy that’d be bitching the roadies weren’t making a livable wage if tix were $86! Make up your mind people!!
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165

I like when the tickets were 88 but we can’t have that forever ;)

The wink & smile is the icing on the cake, good job.

88 is an infinity loop, geez can't have that forever, duh
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    I appreciate this thread (more or less) returning to its topic, but are we ever gonna hear back from the white supremacist?
    He's posted in other threads which leads me to believe more that he knew what he was doing. He's generally trolly and annoying but I didn't realize we were dealing with this.
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?
    Buck dropped a strange 88 on Page 4 and it hit a bunch of us the same way. Check it out.

aaaaand hes been banned.  Glad the ten club doesnt tolerate that crap, even *wink *wink dogwhistle shit.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    Cridder said:

I like when the tickets were 88 but we can’t have that forever ;)

The wink & smile is the icing on the cake, good job.

88 is an infinity loop, geez can't have that forever, duh
    lol
  • Options
    guitar101 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?

aaaaand hes been banned.  Glad the ten club doesnt tolerate that crap, even *wink *wink dogwhistle shit.

that is not what he intended - geeez
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    guitar101 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?

Given the context of the comments, there was no doubt of the meaning. We went from burning Bruce's albums to MAGA to 88. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    guitar101guitar101 Sutton, ON Posts: 397
    JimmyV said:
    guitar101 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?

Given the context of the comments, there was no doubt of the meaning. We went from burning Bruce's albums to MAGA to 88. 

agreed.
    2005-9-12 London, ON
    2006-5-09 Toronto
    2007-8-03 (ed w/ ben harper) chicago / 2007-8-05 chicago
    2008-8-12 (ed solo) toronto
    2009-10-08 (ed solo) Albany
    2011-9-11 Toronto / 2011-9-12 Toronto
    2013-7-16 London, ON / 2013-7-19 Chicago / 2013-10-12 Buffalo
    2016-5-11 Toronto, On / 2016-5-13 Toronto, On
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    Well, call me naive, but I had not heard that before or if I had, I never retained it. He's been here awhile, I doubt it's a permanent ban. More of a timeout. Usually reserved for the AMT...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    you guys are really too much - the band's last album was called lightning bolt - google that
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    what did I miss?

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    tbergs said:
    Well, call me naive, but I had not heard that before or if I had, I never retained it.
    Same...had to google it to find out what the fuss was earlier.
    Learn something new (not necessarily good) every day.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Cridder said:
    guitar101 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?

He last posted on the forum an hour ago, meaning he had plenty of time to clarify what he meant. (he posted that comment mid-morning).

Instead he chose to leave it out there and let people speculate. That was dumb.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,042
    Ticketmaster STILL blows.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,677
    Good riddance bUCK.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Well, call me naive, but I had not heard that before or if I had, I never retained it. He's been here awhile, I doubt it's a permanent ban. More of a timeout. Usually reserved for the AMT...
    WHy should you get just a timeout for posting nazi shit?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    See, I thought that the Bon Jovi guy wrecked today but now it's really wrecked.
  • Options
    ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Glad the moderators acted and that I (narrowly?) avoided being banned, as well. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    WHy should you get just a timeout for posting nazi shit?
    +1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    It's so much more widespread than we think. 

Anyway...price for Baltimore is right in line with what I paid for Fenway in 2018. It's a lot but a few times every few years is something I'm willing to do.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Anyway...price for Baltimore is right in line with what I paid for Fenway in 2018. It's a lot but a few times every few years is something I'm willing to do.

The only way the OP's argument holds water is if you just woke up from a 25 year coma.

• Options
    JimmyV said:

I had to wade into the online white supremacist shitshow a couple of years ago (hence the 88 throwing up an immediate red flag). It's horrifyingly widespread and profoundly nauseating. 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,331
    JimmyV said:

The only way the OP's argument holds water is if you just woke up from a 25 year coma.

I don't know what his intent was, but based on his history he probably knew. On the other hand, I guess I was in a coma...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Cridder said:
    guitar101 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    white supremacist?
    What did I miss?

I was hoping he'd clarify, but he didn't. Unfortunately, his posting history doesn't lead you to assume the best possible interpretation.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Exactly - one can think of many things hard to imagine in 1995:

Smart phones; Clinton getting impeached for getting blow jobs from an intern; Sept. 11 and two endless wars; digital music; the Giants, Red Sox and Cubs all winning the World Series; the near-death of rock music; the continued popularity of Maria Carey and Celine Dion; my hair turning gray; social media; and not least, President Donald J. Trump.

So, the fact that PJ tix are more expensive than they were, when they're still way cheaper than the market would bear and way cheaper than one would pay for similar seats at a Springsteen, U2 or whatever show, is not something I'm too troubled by. 

Okay, now time to go watch Friends and listen to Alanis Morrisette...
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,624
    Speaking of 1995...  My PJ stubs from San Fran ($23.50) and San Jose ($12.45)...  "Sponsored By No One"...

Service fee for TM 2020 was $23.50 per ticket, the same as an actual ticket in 1995. How about that?
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23