Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    Poncier said:
    MF117973 said:
    I posted this in the other presale thread, but thought it would fit here as well:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. 
    Be careful with this, it might be an uniformed TM rep.
    I didn't sign up for this VF sale, but have done a few in the past and you have to sign up for a specific show and if picked your code enables you to buy for that specific show.
    Possible that has changed, but I'd say also possible the TM rep gave you incomplete info.
    ⬆️ This is how it was done the last time I used it. Had to pick a show, then got a code and an assigned time. Granted, it was about 4 years ago. 
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,778
    I am sure there will be 100% more clarity when they send the presale codes out on Wednesday night.  And also 100% more clusterfuck based on people who either thought they entered the VF or didn't read any of the information as they were registering for the VF.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    How good were the VF seats in 2016?
  • Options
    BennyLaRueBennyLaRue Posts: 751
    edited January 2020
    PB11041 said:
    I am sure there will be 100% more clarity when they send the presale codes out on Wednesday night.  And also 100% more clusterfuck based on people who either thought they entered the VF or didn't read any of the information as they were registering for the VF.
    I didn't realize I couldn't enter my email in piglatin. Wasn't in the instructions anywhere.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    anyone looking for a ticket buddy for Baltimore?
    I will hopefully get a code *fingers crossed* 
    If I don't and can't succeed, I'm looking for another plan. 
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Sorry if this is been covered already, but is it a 2 ticket limit like with 10Club?   Thanks and good luck folks. 
  • Options
    4 ticket limit 
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    Thanks Benny 
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    fwiw, i reached out to TM support just now to if we would be able to resell Verified Fan purchased tix for Nashville at face value via fan-to-fan exchange (in the event something comes up and I can’t make the trip), and here’s the response I received:

Regretfully until after the verified fan sale takes place I will not know if the venue allows resale.”

Is the TM rep clueless???
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    gusturtle said:
    fwiw, i reached out to TM support just now to if we would be able to resell Verified Fan purchased tix for Nashville at face value via fan-to-fan exchange (in the event something comes up and I can’t make the trip), and here’s the response I received:

“Regretfully until after the verified fan sale takes place I will not know if the venue allows resale.”

Is the TM rep clueless???
    Yes. I'm not even sure why you asked the question, it's black and white: https://pearljam.com/news/public-ticket-sale-info
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    edited January 2020
    Just my OCD kicking in and not wanting to be out the cash is all.

And yes I’ve read the linked page and was trying to make sure that the fan-to-fan exchange wasn’t exclusive to 10 Club-purchased presale tix.
    Post edited by gusturtle on
  • Options
    I've had varying luck with VF, but what I can say is that every VF sale that I've been selected for, I've received tickets. It's just a matter of getting "selected to shop".
    I managed to get Springsteen on Broadway tickets when they first went on sale through VF. If I could get selected for that, then I have faith a good bit of you will land these verifications
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    I don’t want to look like a jerk here, but I did get Baltimore 10 Club tickets, and if I get the Ticketmaster verified fan code, I was going to use it to get tickets for a couple more family members. Will there be a problem if all of the tickets are on my phone? I know everyone one will have to enter with me, but I obviously will have only one ticket for me but through two different sources. Does my question make any sense? Don’t beat up on me too much, please! I have never gotten the verified fan code before, and probably won’t get it this time. 
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,466
    Catwoman1 said:
    I don’t want to look like a jerk here, but I did get Baltimore 10 Club tickets, and if I get the Ticketmaster verified fan code, I was going to use it to get tickets for a couple more family members. Will there be a problem if all of the tickets are on my phone? I know everyone one will have to enter with me, but I obviously will have only one ticket for me but through two different sources. Does my question make any sense? Don’t beat up on me too much, please! I have never gotten the verified fan code before, and probably won’t get it this time. 

I don't begrudge you for needing more tickets.  :)  It's a valid question and I'm not sure I've seen a definitive answer yet.  I'm guessing it should be fine.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 928
    edited January 2020
    Catwoman1 said:
    im in the same boat. I won SD tickets, but as a home show I would like to bring the family. So if I was lucky enough to also get the code for verified and won that also, I would have four total tickets from two different sources on my phone. My thought was have the 10C on my phone and open my TM account on one of the kids, they are older fyi, on one of their phones to show tickets? Not sure if that is ok or not. Seems easier than doing it all on mine?
  • Options

I agree with both parts of this - in fact, I thought it was the case that if you got tickets to a show in the lottery you could not be selected for that show in the VF presale, but it seems I’m wrong. 

And I agree that preventing people from also buying an LA ticket in no way increases the availability for MSG - there are never going to be enough MSG tickets, no matter how much we fiddle around with arbitrary limits on other shows. 
    Same for me. I won TC ticks for a few concerts and not sure if I have RS or GA. Assuming RS, my TC number is very high (700K) so if i'm lucky enough to win VF ticks, I Might be better off to just go the VF way and end up getting better seats... BUT, i'm just gonna be happy with being there in the 1st place (long time fan, 1st time seeing PJ live), and leave ticks for other fans who weren't as lucky as I was with TC lottery. Karma and let's get "true" fans in there is my guiding compass... 
    Oh, and I can't f@ckin wait!!!

• Options
    Catwoman1 said:
    You can just walk in together. Show one barcode on your phone for two tix, two people get in. Swipe to the next barcode, two more get in.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    I didn't realize the show's were supposed to be prioritized for VF sale.  I remember it asked for a show then said to select if you others.  I did not see a number prioritization.  Do you think they give out codes based on this?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    Catwoman1 said:
    You can just walk in together. Show one barcode on your phone for two tix, two people get in. Swipe to the next barcode, two more get in.
    Thank you! Now I have to see if I get the VF code. 
  • Options
    Omg! If you get this code, you can only get tickets to ONE SHOW?!
  • Options
    I got shut out of 2/4 Canadian shows and I was hoping I could score one ticket to each of them through this VF bullshit. 
  • Options
    Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 647
    Question: Does GA enter the same time the doors open or prior to? If I get VF tix for a couple buddies can they hang in the GA line prior to the show and enter on the tix on my phone?
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    I'll be in a meeting at 10 am on Thursday There goes my strategy
  • Options
    Who I Am said:
    Question: Does GA enter the same time the doors open or prior to? If I get VF tix for a couple buddies can they hang in the GA line prior to the show and enter on the tix on my phone?

GA normally has a dedicated entrance that opens before the entrance for Reserved tix
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    Anyone know if the Verified Fan Tickets are a set price like the 10 club tickets or will it vary depending on the seat location?
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 106
    edited January 2020
    Omg! If you get this code, you can only get tickets to ONE SHOW?!
    My understanding is you will get (up to) one different code per show you originally listed. And each code is tied to a specific show. So in theory, you could buy tickets to multiple shows, but you still have to pick which show is most important to you and try for that one first.

But I might be mistaken.
  • Options
    DF220512DF220512 Greeley, CO Posts: 13
    I'm terrified of this verified fan presale tomorrow, given my home show is Denver and every scalper in the land will be trying to get their hands on one of the two shows with transferable tickets.  I've secured my seats via 10 Club, but am trying to buy for my brothers and their significant others.  You guys think I'm limited to two for this sale, since my account will already have two from 10 Club?  I would hate to mess up the tickets I have in helping my brothers.  (Let's just go back to the old way where we took off work and got in line at the venue.)
  • Options
    I have a question do I need the same code I used to register?  I don't remember what it was. And anyone have an idea on the time it will start?
    9/28/2004 Boston, Mass
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    6/01/2006 E Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    6/25/2008, NYC MSG, NY
    10/27/2009 Philli, PA Spectrum 1
    5/21/2010 NYC MSG 2, NY
    10/25/13 Hartford, Ct
  • Options
    PJ_Jammer said:
    I have a question do I need the same code I used to register?  I don't remember what it was. And anyone have an idea on the time it will start?
    If you registered for VF and are selected, you'll get a code texted to you tonight