Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    PJ_Jammer said:
    I have a question do I need the same code I used to register?  I don't remember what it was. And anyone have an idea on the time it will start?

I think the code you used to registered is tied to your 10C account, so you should be able to find it in your 10C profile (not your forum profile). That said, it's not the same code being referred to here. If you're selected for the VF pre-sale, you'll get an email some time today with a code for the show(s) you selected. That code might be the same as the first one, but even if it is, they'll probably tell you again.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    edited January 2020
    PJ_Jammer said:
    I have a question do I need the same code I used to register?  I don't remember what it was. And anyone have an idea on the time it will start?
    If you registered for VF and are selected, you'll get a code texted to you tonight
    Not 100% on this, but based on prior experience with these VF sales, my expectation is that we’ll get an email or text tonight that tells us if we’ve been selected/wait listed, followed by the actual code a couple hours before the sale tomorrow AM. It will be spelled out in the email/text tonight so read carefully. 

Anticipating the people who will be on here tonight opening threads called “Cant fund my prseale code..,,,,Plz help!,,,,,!!!,!,!,!”
  • Options
    PJ_Jammer said:
    You will receive an email tonight stating whether you were selected, waitlisted or denied. If selected, you'll get a text tomorrow morning (usually about 2 hours before presale starts) with your code.

I just registered for a BTS verified sale to help a friend get tix for his daughter. On that registration page it did say to select your first priority show, however, if you receive a code, it can be used for any show. I don't recall seeing that on the PJ registration, and the fact that we were able to add more than one show to be verified for leads me to believe that PJ VF codes will be show specific.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    PJ_Jammer said:
    You will receive an email tonight stating whether you were selected, waitlisted or denied. If selected, you'll get a text tomorrow morning (usually about 2 hours before presale starts) with your code.

I just registered for a BTS verified sale to help a friend get tix for his daughter. On that registration page it did say to select your first priority show, however, if you receive a code, it can be used for any show. I don't recall seeing that on the PJ registration, and the fact that we were able to add more than one show to be verified for leads me to believe that PJ VF codes will be show specific.
    I also read the VF instructions and sign up pages very carefully, particularly the “select your shows” page because I wanted to understand if I was ranking by priority, should do separate entries for separate shows, etc. There wasn’t a lot of information provided on exactly how it would work. But the codes pretty much have to be show-specific if you think about it. Like the 10C presale, there will be different demand for different shows, so it would be kind of fucked up if they were all thrown into the same pot and people going for St. Louis got waitlisted or denied due to demand for MSG. It would also be fucked up if people could game the system and put in for STL and then jump the line for MSG. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    PJ_Jammer said:

I also read the VF instructions and sign up pages very carefully, particularly the “select your shows” page because I wanted to understand if I was ranking by priority, should do separate entries for separate shows, etc. There wasn’t a lot of information provided on exactly how it would work. But the codes pretty much have to be show-specific if you think about it. Like the 10C presale, there will be different demand for different shows, so it would be kind of fucked up if they were all thrown into the same pot and people going for St. Louis got waitlisted or denied due to demand for MSG. It would also be fucked up if people could game the system and put in for STL and then jump the line for MSG. 
    I agree completely. I believe it was posted upthread that a TM rep told someone that the codes would be valid for any show. No way that's accurate. I'd take anything the TM reps say with a huge grain of salt.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,935
    tdawe said:
    PJ_Jammer said:

I agree completely. I believe it was posted upthread that a TM rep told someone that the codes would be valid for any show. No way that's accurate. I'd take anything the TM reps say with a huge grain of salt.
    Yeah, I wouldn't believe what TM says. What would be the point of selecting your shows when submitting request for the VF pre sale. If all codes are valid for any show, it's going to be a shit show (although with TM, I wouldn't be all that surprised). 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    PJ_Jammer said:

I think that’s been conclusively proven on this forum over the last week. A lot of conflicting answers and misinformation that people have reported from TM customer service calls. 
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    TM CSRs definately are not the best trained or most knowledgeable source of information.  When you receive your email tonight - Read it!  Reread it!  Don't rely on the info from a 1-800 line.
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    Ok, I've debated about putting this out there but I recently used this TM Verified Fan system for Taylor swift tickets (I have three young daughters). I was successful in getting floor seats and I used this strategy to know where I was in the queue:

1. Only one login at a time is permitted on TM site. Do not use multiple browsers or sessions or you will get booted from your place in the queue.
    2.  Once you are in the virtual queue  waiting for your turn to purchase tickets -
    Via Chrome Browser:
    1. Right click -> inspect Element

2. Click console tab

3. Paste the following in to the bar at the bottom:

4. document.querySelector('#MainPart_lbUsersInLineAheadOfYou').innerTex

(or you can search the entire page html for "UsersInLineAheadOfYou")
    You should see this:   usersInLineAheadOfYou: "2129"

This html will show your reference point and is the driver of the graphic on your page that shows your line progress.

3. In the TS verified sale all ticket buyers were grouped for all venues.  It took hours to run this process and after 90 minutes my purchase was fulfilled.
    4. This html/page source code was in place a few months ago and I don't know if the variables/elements are still named with these identifiers. 
    5. Best of luck and I hope this helps 

Cheers,
    CB

So this let's me know where I am in line.  Does knowing that give me an advantage that I can use?
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    ritg19ritg19 Posts: 111
    tdawe said:
    HoldeIN said:
    If we get through the que and able to select tickets, is there be an option to select best available or will we need to select the seats e.g. using the map).  It's been awhile since I did verified fan and in the past I was held up by trying to make individual seat selections and missed. Trying to see if there is a faster option. Thanks for help.
    You are brought to a map and my recommendation is DO NOT USE IT to select the tickets you want. You will get a message:

"Sorry another fan got those tickets"

On the right side of the screen you can select purchase best available and I recommend you go that route. 
    God I hate the map. I've had to use it several times and have never seen the best available option (there will be a list on the right hand side that you can sort by either "cheapest" or "best available", but I haven't seen a button I could press to just give me the best tickets that are unspoken-for at that moment). 
    Yes, when the ticket map comes up on the right side of screen, click the section/seat description of the tickets you want (I believe the default ranking of those tickets is best available) and hit submit. DO NOT WASTE TIME on this screen or you will get the dreaded-

It is absolutely maddening. l
    I've had this happen before and it is maddening.  I also see only "lowest price" or "best seats" on the right hand side.  So you still have to click on a seat, just not in the map (I'm just looking up a another concert that is currently on sale right now).  So are you saying to click on "best seats" and just choose the top and that is the best way?  I don't see anything else that is just to click on a "best available" box and hit submit (like it was before the map function ever existed).
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on....
  • Options
    So if you’re lucky enough to get a code, that code is tied to specific venue you chose?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,150
    Bump- anyone get a code yet?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,835
    Email said the evening of the 23rd but I keep refreshing my email like an idiot! 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Email said the evening of the 23rd but I keep refreshing my email like an idiot! 
    Oh! For some reason I thought it was tonight! Thank you!!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Lol
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    PJNB said:
    When VF says evening they mean it. Emails will not go out until at least 5:30p. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    I signed up for the verified fan but I forgot what priority I did.  I'm hoping that I had Baltimore first since that's the one I'm really hoping to get.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,575
    Good luck to all those trying. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    When VF says evening they mean it. Emails will not go out until at least 5:30p. 
    Shit i meant the 22nd @RoleModelsinBlood31
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Oh! For some reason I thought it was tonight! Thank you!!
    It is. The evening of the 22nd is the email, TM pre-sale on 1/23.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks and good luck everyone!!
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    the code is only good for the show you requested.  if it does work for another show you will probably lose those tickets.  get what you requested if you get the code tonight.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    ritg19 said:
    tdawe said:
    HoldeIN said:
    If we get through the que and able to select tickets, is there be an option to select best available or will we need to select the seats e.g. using the map).  It's been awhile since I did verified fan and in the past I was held up by trying to make individual seat selections and missed. Trying to see if there is a faster option. Thanks for help.
    You are brought to a map and my recommendation is DO NOT USE IT to select the tickets you want. You will get a message:

On the right side of the screen you can select purchase best available and I recommend you go that route. 
    God I hate the map. I've had to use it several times and have never seen the best available option (there will be a list on the right hand side that you can sort by either "cheapest" or "best available", but I haven't seen a button I could press to just give me the best tickets that are unspoken-for at that moment). 
    Yes, when the ticket map comes up on the right side of screen, click the section/seat description of the tickets you want (I believe the default ranking of those tickets is best available) and hit submit. DO NOT WASTE TIME on this screen or you will get the dreaded-

It is absolutely maddening. l
    I've had this happen before and it is maddening.  I also see only "lowest price" or "best seats" on the right hand side.  So you still have to click on a seat, just not in the map (I'm just looking up a another concert that is currently on sale right now).  So are you saying to click on "best seats" and just choose the top and that is the best way?  I don't see anything else that is just to click on a "best available" box and hit submit (like it was before the map function ever existed).
    Ticketmaster is like whack-a-mole now the way you select seats, or try to.  The "sorry another fan beat you to those tickets" is going to be a popular complaint around here the next few days.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    JP218404 said:
    the code is only good for the show you requested.  if it does work for another show you will probably lose those tickets.  get what you requested if you get the code tonight.  
    Is there any way you can tell which show you signed up for?  I'm not sure if I picked MSG or Baltimore.  I have the registration e-mail but it doesn't say.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Is there any way you can tell which show you signed up for?  I'm not sure if I picked MSG or Baltimore.  I have the registration e-mail but it doesn't say.
    Same boat and we will find out tonight I am sure. 
  • Options
    Is there not a best available option on Ticketmaster? If not, this is going to be a disaster
  • Options
    link93link93 Posts: 405
    My experience with VF when you get the text it will have the code and what show. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the code works for any show. 
  • Options
    link93 said:
    My experience with VF when you get the text it will have the code and what show. Also wouldn’t surprise me if the code works for any show. 
    If that’s the case tho, why bother having people set priorities for shows?
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    PJNB said:
    JP218404 said:
    Same boat and we will find out tonight I am sure. 
    when you get the code it tells you what show
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Is there not a best available option on Ticketmaster? If not, this is going to be a disaster
    not anymore
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020