Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone have a code they ain’t using? I forgot to signup thinking that the lottery was a lock, got shut out!
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    edited January 2020
    Need advice from you experts! Im bringing a friend (PJ concert virgin) as well as my husband so I need 3 tix from this presale for Bmore.

Any thoughts as to whether I’ll have a better shot requesting 3 tickets or 4 tickets?

Of course would be offloading the extra 4th to a lovely 10c member here at face. 
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    So if you put 2 shows you get 2 codes?
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    PJNB said:
    JP218404 said:
    the code is only good for the show you requested.  if it does work for another show you will probably lose those tickets.  get what you requested if you get the code tonight.  
    Is there any way you can tell which show you signed up for?  I'm not sure if I picked MSG or Baltimore.  I have the registration e-mail but it doesn't say.
    Same boat and we will find out tonight I am sure. 
    when you get the code it tells you what show
    Thanks for the information.  First I need to hope that I get chosen and then I need to hope I chose the right priority.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    If you get a code be prepared for "Those Tickets were grabbed by someone else". A lot. You used to get to the old TM website style by removing the 1 after www (e.g. going from www1 to www), but that hack doesn't work anymore either.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,116
    anybody gotten anything yet?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JV275432 said:
    If you get a code be prepared for "Those Tickets were grabbed by someone else". A lot. You used to get to the old TM website style by removing the 1 after www (e.g. going from www1 to www), but that hack doesn't work anymore either.
    Plus you’ll login in and they they wanna sent your cell a txt with a code you have to enter quick enough or it knocks you out. 

You refresh too much when you get that “grabbed by someone else” they then knock you out cause they think your a bot. 

System was bad but TM has made it so much worst. With that remove of BA 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    Also, tickets will keep popping up and back. I've usually gotten better tickets 5-10 minutes in. (e.g. Lumineers at Barclays, etc.)
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,957
    edited January 2020
    Me to my code (if I get one)
    "The waiting drove me mad, you're finally here and I'm a mess..." 
    Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    Anyone have a code they ain’t using? I forgot to signup thinking that the lottery was a lock, got shut out!
    Codes are tied to your TM account. Can't share them.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 
    Memphis '94 / Charlotte '96 / Birmingham '98 / Knoxville '98 / Memphis '00 / Nashville '00 / Nashville '03 / St. Louis '04 / Nashville Ryman N1 '09 (EV solo) / Nashville Ryman N2 '09 (EV solo) / Memphis '09 (EV solo) / New Orleans Jazzfest '10 / St Louis '10 / Memphis '12 (EV solo) / Memphis '14 / Boston Fenway N1 '16 / Boston Fenway N2 '16 / Chicago Wrigley N1 '18 / Chicago Wrigley N2 '18 /  Ottawa '22 / Quebec City '22 / Nashville '22 / St Louis '22

Strong 2nd Amendment supporter and advocate targeted methods of reducing gun violence, sans-infringement. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    Need advice from you experts! Im bringing a friend (PJ concert virgin) as well as my husband so I need 3 tix from this presale for Bmore.

Any thoughts as to whether I’ll have a better shot requesting 3 tickets or 4 tickets?

Of course would be offloading the extra 4th to a lovely 10c member here at face. 
    As a general rule you’re always going to have better luck the fewer tickets you’re looking for, but I bet trips aren’t really that much easier than 4 (I’m not basing that on anything solid, just my gut). As I said elsewhere my approach is usually to go for 4 once or twice, but if I’m not lucky with that real quick I’m dropping down to 2 to get whatever I can. 

Show up early, make sure you’re signed in to Ticketmaster. Despite what I said in my initial post, others are right that it’s probably not a great idea to run multiple devices - however I have recently had experiences where I was getting persistent error messages and had to switch browsers...so if something weird is happening (note: being told that tickets aren’t available is not weird in this context) try to switch from Firefox to Chrome or Safari or whatever else you have. 

As has been discussed here, we don’t really know if you’ll be able to just specify your number of tickets and request “best available”, or if there will be a map where you’re supposed to select what seats you want. The map can be really, really frustrating for these high demand events - you will select seats only to be told someone else beat you to them. Dozens of times. 

That brings me to probably my two main pieces of advice:

1. Don’t be greedy. Take what you can get. If it’s a “Best Available” situation, bang “Checkout” on the first set of tickets they give you, don’t try to go back and try to see if you can trade up. If it’s the dreaded map, don’t necessarily try to pick the best seats they’re showing as available. Everyone is clicking those. 

2. Be patient. It often takes me 30-45 minutes to get tickets for these events. After 5-10 minutes you’ll get despondent and feel like giving up. Keep going. Sale starts at 10, I won’t be giving up until around 11:30 (or until I have my tickets). 

Good luck and see you in Baltimore. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Keep in mind these verified fan sales rarely go well. TM tickets sales are usually a joke. Especially for MSG. Id guess these will be behind the stage or in the rafters. Hope Im wrong. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling Quebec City will be least popular, again. If you asked for multiple codes, and QC was one, that will probably be your easiest way to get the best tickets.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Keep in mind these verified fan sales rarely go well. TM tickets sales are usually a joke. Especially for MSG. Id guess these will be behind the stage or in the rafters. Hope Im wrong. 
    I was fortunate enough to score tickets to MSG for this tour as well as 2016. So, I'll be in front of the stage as I was in 2016. However, I also saw them in 2008 & 2010 but from behind the stage and I loved both shows. I was much closer than I would have ever been with Tenclub tickets. It felt as though I was right on top of the band. And it was a unique view, which can be rare for most bands/artists who usually have backdrops. If I had to "settle" for seats behind the stage I'd be very happy.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    I was fortunate enough to score tickets to MSG for this tour as well as 2016. So, I'll be in front of the stage as I was in 2016. However, I also saw them in 2008 & 2010 but from behind the stage and I loved both shows. I was much closer than I would have ever been with Tenclub tickets. It felt as though I was right on top of the band. And it was a unique view, which can be rare for most bands/artists who usually have backdrops. If I had to "settle" for seats behind the stage I'd be very happy.  
    Its not terrible but Id rather be in front of the stacks.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    FYI in terms of when these may arrive, the last VF sale I did I received the invitation email at 6:35pm EST
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    Its not terrible but Id rather be in front of the stacks.
    To each his/her own. Just getting into the building (in particular, MSG) without highway robbery is a minor miracle these days.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    euchrid said:
    FYI in terms of when these may arrive, the last VF sale I did I received the invitation email at 6:35pm EST
    My 2018 Fenway VF invitation came in at 4:41pm EST, and my U2 VF invitation came in at 10:35pm EST. So who knows...It is all stress inducing.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    MF117973 said:
    euchrid said:
    My 2018 Fenway VF invitation came in at 4:41 EST, and my U2 VF invitation came in at 10:35pm EST. So who knows...It is all stress inducing.

Ha indeed :) Good to know it could be any time pretty much.
  • Options
    Dumb question. I'm volunteering at my kid's school when tickets go on sale. Can I have a friend sign into my ticketmaster account and buy tickets with her credit card or does it have to be my card? If I don't get a code it won't matter. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    I have some MSG tricks from seeing Phish there 43 times, but they won't work this go round.
    I did get ten club tickets, but hopefully I'll score some extras.  I don't like not knowing where I'm sitting.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    bean8969 said:
    Dumb question. I'm volunteering at my kid's school when tickets go on sale. Can I have a friend sign into my ticketmaster account and buy tickets with her credit card or does it have to be my card? If I don't get a code it won't matter. 
    Just save your card in your TM account, and let your friend use it.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    bean8969 said:
    Not sure. But if you trust your friend, why don't you have her use the card you have saved on your TM account. If you don't have one, you can add it before she logs in. That might be the safer route.

• Options
    I trust her but my wife does not. Actually, I'm not sure if I do either. lol
  • Options
    Though it was an email with a code?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    Though it was an email with a code?
    No, the email just tells you if you were selected. You will get the code via text the morning of the presale. It is a unique code tied to your TM account.

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    havent read the thread, but i have done verified ticketing for several shows and different artists....alot of you may be disappointed....
  • Options
    I used verified pre sale on the mlb playoffs back in October. 
    I still have that text message too. It came at like 630pm the night before the pre sale. 
    It says verbatim, login with *****@gmail.com and use access code ********. 

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I personally love back stage at MSG as long as it's in the 100 level and it's an open stage setup.

This was my view for Bruce a few years ago.  God bless this dude for crowd surfing at fucking 70 years old!

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'