Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    MF117973 said:
    I posted this in the other presale thread, but thought it would fit here as well:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.
    They are definitely more sophisticated.  I got delayed from purchasing because of this.  I couldn't get into TM because it thought I was a bot.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HoldeINHoldeIN Posts: 96
    If we get through the que and able to select tickets, is there be an option to select best available or will we need to select the seats e.g. using the map).  It's been awhile since I did verified fan and in the past I was held up by trying to make individual seat selections and missed. Trying to see if there is a faster option. Thanks for help.
  • HoldeIN said:
    If we get through the que and able to select tickets, is there be an option to select best available or will we need to select the seats e.g. using the map).  It's been awhile since I did verified fan and in the past I was held up by trying to make individual seat selections and missed. Trying to see if there is a faster option. Thanks for help.
    You are brought to a map and my recommendation is DO NOT USE IT to select the tickets you want. You will get a message:

"Sorry another fan got those tickets"

On the right side of the screen you can select purchase best available and I recommend you go that route. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    tdawe said:
    This system is so skewed.  People who won the tickets via the TC lottery should not be able to receive or enter the verified presale.  It should be one or the other, that way other people who did not win gets a chance at going to one show at the very least instead of the numerous people going to 4 or more shows obtaining more tickets that they already won.  

It would be so easy for fans who win multiple shows on the 10c lottery to be dropped a priority level for their attempt at three shows so fans that have no tickets have a slightly better chance to get a ticket.

theyll never do that so why should they do this? They’ll never let newer members ever have a chance at good seats so why would they do this?
    Just sucks seeing so many people win 3 shows or more and also get a code for the verified presale.  Those people should be last in line to receive the code.  They already won or give their codes to fans still trying to get tickets.  Yes I understand MSG had 57% odds for reserved but I would like to have a second chance at getting tickets over a person who already won 3 shows.  
    It would have made some sense to set up a system where people who win the TC lottery are at least de-prioritized in the Verified Fan presale, but I don't think they're doing that. 

However, I don't get the emphasis on people who win multiple shows. Nobody won both MSG and Baltimore - people are doing multiple shows in Canada, Cali or the midwest. The odds for the Garden are what they are, and if people have the chance to do several shows in lower-demand markets then good on them; making it more difficult for them to see their shows wouldn't change the supply/demand dynamics in the northeast.
    I agree with both parts of this - in fact, I thought it was the case that if you got tickets to a show in the lottery you could not be selected for that show in the VF presale, but it seems I’m wrong. 

And I agree that preventing people from also buying an LA ticket in no way increases the availability for MSG - there are never going to be enough MSG tickets, no matter how much we fiddle around with arbitrary limits on other shows. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    HoldeIN said:
    You are brought to a map and my recommendation is DO NOT USE IT to select the tickets you want. You will get a message:

On the right side of the screen you can select purchase best available and I recommend you go that route. 
    God I hate the map. I've had to use it several times and have never seen the best available option (there will be a list on the right hand side that you can sort by either "cheapest" or "best available", but I haven't seen a button I could press to just give me the best tickets that are unspoken-for at that moment). 
  • tdawe said:
    HoldeIN said:

God I hate the map. I've had to use it several times and have never seen the best available option (there will be a list on the right hand side that you can sort by either "cheapest" or "best available", but I haven't seen a button I could press to just give me the best tickets that are unspoken-for at that moment). 
    Yes, when the ticket map comes up on the right side of screen, click the section/seat description of the tickets you want (I believe the default ranking of those tickets is best available) and hit submit. DO NOT WASTE TIME on this screen or you will get the dreaded-

It is absolutely maddening. 
  • When you registered for the VF you had to put the shows you wanted in the order you wanted them. I'm hoping that it is just one code then you can pick the show. Would love to set up a deal with someone that if they get four Baltimore and I get four MSG or vice versa we trade two for two. 
  • leddeadleddead Posts: 151
    When you registered for the VF you had to put the shows you wanted in the order you wanted them. I'm hoping that it is just one code then you can pick the show. Would love to set up a deal with someone that if they get four Baltimore and I get four MSG or vice versa we trade two for two. 
    So we did put the shows we wanted in the order we wanted them when registering for VF?  I already can't remember.  My registration confirmation email does not say anything about specific shows.

By the way, I would love to do this deal with you, but I'm afraid that trying for four will hurt my chances.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?  Trying for four vs trying for two.
  • leddead said:
    When you registered for the VF you had to put the shows you wanted in the order you wanted them. I'm hoping that it is just one code then you can pick the show. Would love to set up a deal with someone that if they get four Baltimore and I get four MSG or vice versa we trade two for two. 
    So we did put the shows we wanted in the order we wanted them when registering for VF?  I already can't remember.  My registration confirmation email does not say anything about specific shows.

By the way, I would love to do this deal with you, but I'm afraid that trying for four will hurt my chances.  Anyone have any thoughts on that?  Trying for four vs trying for two.
    Yea they were drop down boxes that you had to choose the shows. 

That's a great question, I hadn't thought of going for four hurting my chances. Once you choose your quantity and amount doesn't it hold the tickets while you check out? It's been forever since I purchased directly from them
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    leddead said:

That's a great question, I hadn't thought of going for four hurting my chances. Once you choose your quantity and amount doesn't it hold the tickets while you check out? It's been forever since I purchased directly from them
    It does, but obviously there will be more pairs available at any given time than sets of four. And more singles available than pairs. 

Personally, I usually take one or two shots at 4 out of the gate, but drop down to pairs pretty quickly if I don't hit the jackpot.
  • tdawe said:
    leddead said:

It does, but obviously there will be more pairs available at any given time than sets of four. And more singles available than pairs. 

Personally, I usually take one or two shots at 4 out of the gate, but drop down to pairs pretty quickly if I don't hit the jackpot.
    I like that approach, now just need to be selected!!
  • MAMIASTMAMIAST Posts: 39

MF117973 said:
    I posted this in the other presale thread, but thought it would fit here as well:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. You can't buy tickets to multiple shows with your presale code. Unfortunately, the verified fan presale is also by lottery. It has nothing to do with being a member of the fan club or any other priority. So, some of us my get shut out of that as well. I also asked him for any good tips if we do get a presale code. He said that one important tip is that we should only log in from one device. I know that in the past I have logged in from both my computer and my phone to see which one got me closer in that annoying queue line. However, the guy told me that doing that may flag you as a bot and shut you out of your account. I don't know if he was just saying this, or if they have gotten more sophisticated in detecting this, but just wanted to share the info. If anyone else has any good tips for the presale, please share. Thanks.

Thank you 
    I had three devices going for dead & co. MSG 
    got kicked out final steps three separate times 
    from two of the devices 
    “ unable to purchase from this device” or some wording like that
    makes sense now 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    leddead said:

I don’t remember selecting shows for VF registration. Not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t recall doing it and I did get the confirmation email for a successful registration, FWIW. 
  • MAMIAST said:

MF117973 said:

Thank you 
    I had three devices going for dead & co. MSG 
    got kicked out final steps three separate times 
    from two of the devices 
    “ unable to purchase from this device” or some wording like that
    makes sense now 
    This is pretty helpful considering I was going to line up some computers and go nuts. I'll limit it to one, much more manageable. Now I just need a show strategy. Lost both Baltimore and MSG in the lottery...if I'm lucky enough to get a presale code, I'm not sure which to go with. First reaction is MSG because that seems like a harder ticket but Baltimore is a smaller venue and more central on the East Coast. 
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    tdawe said:
    This system is so skewed.  People who won the tickets via the TC lottery should not be able to receive or enter the verified presale.  It should be one or the other, that way other people who did not win gets a chance at going to one show at the very least instead of the numerous people going to 4 or more shows obtaining more tickets that they already won.  

It would be so easy for fans who win multiple shows on the 10c lottery to be dropped a priority level for their attempt at three shows so fans that have no tickets have a slightly better chance to get a ticket.

theyll never do that so why should they do this? They’ll never let newer members ever have a chance at good seats so why would they do this?
    Just sucks seeing so many people win 3 shows or more and also get a code for the verified presale.  Those people should be last in line to receive the code.  They already won or give their codes to fans still trying to get tickets.  Yes I understand MSG had 57% odds for reserved but I would like to have a second chance at getting tickets over a person who already won 3 shows.  
    It would have made some sense to set up a system where people who win the TC lottery are at least de-prioritized in the Verified Fan presale, but I don't think they're doing that. 

However, I don't get the emphasis on people who win multiple shows. Nobody won both MSG and Baltimore - people are doing multiple shows in Canada, Cali or the midwest. The odds for the Garden are what they are, and if people have the chance to do several shows in lower-demand markets then good on them; making it more difficult for them to see their shows wouldn't change the supply/demand dynamics in the northeast.
    I think it is more that it sucks that NYC and Denver are the only shows that douchebags can sell tickets for more than face value.  Dumb laws

what do you say about the fan club?

restricting the majority of tickets to fan club only reduces supply and historically drives up prices on the resale markets 

there have been artists that sold as many or more albums that PJ but not had the douchebag ticket prices on resale markets
  • bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

I don’t remember selecting shows for VF registration. Not saying you’re wrong. I just don’t recall doing it and I did get the confirmation email for a successful registration, FWIW. 
    I definitely did. I remember because a few times I went back to look at it and thought it was my Ten Club tickets. It was going to let me edit my selections and re-save which couldn't be done with TC tickets. You would have needed to submit a whole new request. There was a list of drop down boxes with all of the shows in there. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

I don’t remember doing it either.  I hope that doesn’t box me out from having a shot at a code.  🤪
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,928
    bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

I definitely did. I remember because a few times I went back to look at it and thought it was my Ten Club tickets. It was going to let me edit my selections and re-save which couldn't be done with TC tickets. You would have needed to submit a whole new request. There was a list of drop down boxes with all of the shows in there. 
    I second this. 100% had dropdown boxes to select which shows you wanted to attend, in order of priority.
  • dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    For the VF I selected the first 4 US shows, Baltimore-STL
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

I second this. 100% had dropdown boxes to select which shows you wanted to attend, in order of priority.
    Yup. In fact, I didn’t know you could proceed without choosing the shows you wanted to be considered for. I guess you could, though. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

Thanks. I must have done it and it’s all blending together as I did the VF registration immediately after my 10C lottery selections. I called TM and they said if I received the confirmation email for registering that I must have selected shows. 
    bbiggs said:
    leddead said:

Yup. In fact, I didn’t know you could proceed without choosing the shows you wanted to be considered for. I guess you could, though. 
    Very likely could not proceed without selecting shows. It’s just poor short term memory on my part. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,697
    edited January 2020
    MF117973 said:

Just contacted Ticketmaster to ask some questions about the verified fan presale (I got shut out out of Baltimore and MSG). I was told that if you get a presale code, it is not tied to any particular show. So you do have a choice. You can use it for any show on the tour, but only for one show. 
    I've participated in verified fan sales where this is true and others where it is not. If you are verified for more than one show and receive multiple texts on Thurs. am, then each code may very well be tied to a specific show. 

I've also been in verified sales where they assign you a random time slot. Haven't seen anything about that yet, and hoping it's not the case for these sales.
    Ugh. I forgot about the random time slots. For some bands I haven't gotten that. However, I looked back through my old texts and found my  verified presale code that I was going to use to try to get Fenway 1 tickets in 2018, and it said I was assigned a time of 10:30am. I remember thinking that there was no way tickets would be left 30 minutes after the presale started, so I didn't even try. Luckily I already had Fenway 2 tickets through 10C. But I got shut out of Baltimore and MSG this year, so I really hope that if I even get a verified fan presale code, it will at least be for the 10:00am start.

• CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    Can you change the show(s) you selected for verified fan?  I was initially going to Canada, so I must've selected QC (I don't really remember doing it). Now plans have changed and I won't need those.  
  • Can you change the show(s) you selected for verified fan?  I was initially going to Canada, so I must've selected QC (I don't really remember doing it). Now plans have changed and I won't need those.  
    Nyet, comrade
  • sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    I won my picks but I've done these before for both U2 and Radiohead.  Both were pretty much a dumpster fire of normal tix and of course a selection of the overpriced platinum tix to be had.  However, including PJ I've scored decent tix on general sale before even better than 10C.  It's a real crap shoot.  Tempted to see what location I pull and if it's sweet dumping my 10C on fan to fan.
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    All the pre-sales  are at the same time.  How can you buy tickets for 2 different shows if you can only have one browser open?

• chalonchalon Posts: 106
    madhat181 said:
    All the pre-sales  are at the same time.  How can you buy tickets for 2 different shows if you can only have one browser open?

You just have to decide which show is your top priority and try to buy for that one first, then hope that the 2nd show still has something left when you move on to that.
  • Also you could choose one show per time zone to try for as it’s 10am local time for each show.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • kst said:
    Also you could choose one show per time zone to try for as it’s 10am local time for each show.
    I thought the codes were single use only